Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race (1997 Views)

Kogi Governor Race Prince Audu And Runningmate Hon Abiodun Faleke / Breaking: Former Delta Governor Ibori Secretely Released From London Prison? / Caption This Photo Of CAN President Oritsejafor & New Delta Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by joedejana(m): 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
A maritime expert and Peoples Democratic Party governorship aspirant in Delta State, Mr. Peter Okocha, has declared that he would introduce the private-sector mentality into the business of governance.

He also promised to utilise the 13 per cent derivation fund to develop the oil-producing communities in Delta State.

A statement on Sunday by his Campaign Organisation said the business magnate made the promise at WADATA Plaza, National Secretariat PDP in Abuja, when he returned his Expression of Interest Form for the governorship race in Delta State.

He said, “It is my intention to introduce the private sector mentality into the business of governance. In fact, good corporate governance would be the driving force of my government. Civil servants must deliver efficient services and appropriately remunerated.

“Furthermore, if elected, I will use the 13 per cent derivation fund to develop the oil-producing areas of the state because the people in these areas suffer environmental degradation, untold health hazards as well as economic deprivation resulting from oil exploration activities.

“My government would be pan-Deltan. No part of the state would feel abandoned and I assuredly declare that it is my intention to build on the legacy of the present administration.”

Present at the event were leaders of various interest groups from Delta State among which were Delta State PDP Youth Solidarity Group, National Congress of Anioma Youths and the Delta State Multi-Ethnic Coalition
Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by joedejana(m): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by ukukaegbu(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
I was hoping to see Jay Jay Okocha.

8 Likes

Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by joedejana(m): 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
ukukaegbu:
tongue
Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by tayoxx(m): 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Which okocha
Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
Peter Okocha that was the 2007 AC candidate. Anyway, I don't knw him other than what I read about him. But I knw that PDP does not mean well.
Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by DelTel(m): 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sadiq Oil owner, (ex-)pal of former VP Atiku Abubakar and 2007 AC guber aspirant in Delta State.
Sadiq Oil were initial buyers of AP during the OBJ privatization era after Jimoh Ibrahim in the usual abracadabra; before Femi Otedola bigger abracadabra again
Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by SeverusSnape(m): 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
ukukaegbu:
Exactly, You said my mind.
Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by Ikengawo: 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
I have seen no less than 6 anioma candidates declare... they're going to declare themselves out of an opportunity

1 Like

Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by Raiders: 12:26am On Nov 03, 2014
Ikengawo:
I have seen no less than 6 anioma candidates declare... they're going to declare themselves out of an opportunity
Uduaghan has promise the governorship to the aniomas so everyone is declaring. when are you going to declare and pick your form?
BTW I wonder who is Uduaghan choice candidate because that is who will get the PDP ticket
Re: Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 1:13am On Nov 03, 2014
The Elumelu Family will take the mantle

(1) (Reply)

63 Senators Back Plan To Impeach Jonathan / Obasanjo Is Officially A Diety Of Politics In Nigeria!! / Minister Breaks Down After Seeing Boko Haram Havoc In Adamawa [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.