Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu (1373 Views)

My Boyfriend Break up with Me Because I Have A Son! / I Have A Huge Crush On You Naijaboy!!! I Just Cant Help It!!! / Osu Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by clemzo101(m): 4:29am On Nov 03, 2014
I don't know how long dis will continue, even in this jet age people still descriminate other people all in the name of their generations being slaves or some oda bullshit.

I was hanging out with my friend last night and we just got talking about marriage and we were asking each oda wen we are going to get married. I know he has bin dating dis particular girl for sometime now and he use to shower all manner of praise on this girl, how he intend to spend the rest of his life with her. But the story changed last night when I asked after her. In his own words " I can't marry her again" and I asked why? And he answered "Because she's OSU" when I tried talking him out of this nonsense all he said to me was "Guy u are not igbo so u will not understand" I accept I am not igbo but I don't accept not understanding. If in dis Jet age a well educated fellow like my friend still carries such a mentality then I think there is a problem because I'm seeing dat he's gonna loose a wife material all in d name of OSU. So igbo folks make me understand pls d underlining factors behind dis OSU thing and why its difficult to disregard it.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by nzeaji(m): 4:55am On Nov 03, 2014
Classic ode.

undecided undecided

Sticking to old stewpid traditions.
Mtchewww. angry angry
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by kilokeys(m): 5:35am On Nov 03, 2014
he didnt see d osugity in her punnany when pounding away like a fool.
now when commitment suffices he backs out..

coward
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by ChikezieU(m): 6:39am On Nov 03, 2014
Its an old tradition The truth is they call them selves osu and sees u as an evalasting enemy when u have done nothin wrong ,even when u keep the discrimination aside they will always remind u that u cant mix up with them by hurting u direct or indirectly. The worst part of it is our kingsmen, our perants who will always crush on each other making ur family boring even when the couples can love and handle each other so when ever it comes to marriage line u simply take a walk. Its just that after spoiling someones teenage u will come telling him or her u are osu or the other so we cant be together that just makes me sad i only wish our genaration learns not to discriminatd cause no matter what we are we are one even if some people jeep on drawing the line

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by clemzo101(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
My anger is dat our parents keep reminding us about dis bullshit. If their parents never told dem anything about OSU dey wldnt ve known anything about it. Now he is gonna miss out. Too sad.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by NnamdiN: 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
It's a senseless tradition. If only we could stop passing it down. Marrying the so called "osu" isn't an issue, the consequences are. In my place, your parents would either have to disown you or be banished from the town(really In 2014) no one from your place would attend your wedding, you automatically become an osu embarassed

If not for all these, majority of us wouldn't mind mingling even if they had Osu written on their foreheads(I've mingled wink and it was nice while it lasted)

Solution? Igbo elders, youths, churches, schools etc should come together and abolish that thing with one voice, quit passing the osu story down, encourage inter-marriages, sell lands to them, penalize every form of discrimination against them, with time you wouldn't know who's osu and who's not and we'd all live happily ever after cool

Asides that, it would take a lot of time forr this discrimination to stop.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by buchisom1(m): 12:40am On Nov 05, 2014
Osu is a serious matta in igbo land so i will advise u to follow ua father steps anybdy wey won bring civilazation to go and marry dem for me no way coz tradition will always b tradition no b me go chnge nw
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by moshoodn(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
What's OSU?

Pardon me oooo, I'm Yoruba.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by Mprex(f): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
This Osu of a thing is becoming something else. Recently, a girl that is a graduate as in working class correct bae ended up with a keke rider as a husband because of this osu of a thing.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by clemzo101(m): 7:23am On Nov 16, 2014
Guy if u make some good money I don't think dey will call u dat.......imagine dangote, otedola, adenuga dem are igbos and dey marry osu and u tell me nobody from d community will attend d wedding? Infact dey will beg to attend.......dats why we all need to work very hard. Make dat money and u will control even the gods
NnamdiN:
It's a senseless tradition. If only we could stop passing it down. Marrying the so called "osu" isn't an issue, the consequences are. In my place, your parents would either have to disown you or be banished from the town(really In 2014) no one from your place would attend your wedding, you automatically become an osu embarassed

If not for all these, majority of us wouldn't mind mingling even if they had Osu written on their foreheads(I've mingled wink and it was nice while it lasted)

Solution? Igbo elders, youths, churches, schools etc should come together and abolish that thing with one voice, quit passing the osu story down, encourage inter-marriages, sell lands to them, penalize every form of discrimination against them, with time you wouldn't know who's osu and who's not and we'd all live happily ever after cool

Asides that, it would take a lot of time forr this discrimination to stop.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by clemzo101(m): 7:26am On Nov 16, 2014
What fucking tradition are u talking about? How many times have u gone to consult the gods of recent? Once u are a christian dos laws and tradition have no effect over u. Bone the gods.
buchisom1:
Osu is a serious matta in igbo land so i will advise u to follow ua father steps anybdy wey won bring civilazation to go and marry dem for me no way coz tradition will always b tradition no b me go chnge nw
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by clemzo101(m): 7:28am On Nov 16, 2014
Imagine that crap
Mprex:
This Osu of a thing is becoming something else. Recently, a girl that is a graduate as in working class correct bae ended up with a keke rider as a husband because of this osu of a thing.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by fnep2smooth(m): 8:02am On Nov 16, 2014
clemzo101:
What fucking tradition are u talking about? How many times have u gone to consult the gods of recent? Once u are a christian dos laws and tradition have no effect over u. Bone the gods.
Guy cool down..... most pastors son's and daughters won't even allow the children to marry them.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by clemzo101(m): 8:11am On Nov 16, 2014
Dats because d pastors don't even know what dey preach......so many fakes here and dere......smh
fnep2smooth:

Guy cool down..... most pastors son's and daughters won't even allow the children to marry them.
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by fnep2smooth(m): 8:17am On Nov 16, 2014
clemzo101:
Dats because d pastors don't even know what dey preach......so many fakes here and dere......smh
Am not sure you be igbo cos if you are you won't be saying this.. If you be igbo self am very sure you no Sabi your place.
go there and say who you are typing here... If your grandma is still alive she go start to cry cos he just lost a grandson
Re: I'm Breaking Up With Her Because I Just Discovered She's Osu by clemzo101(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2014
Hahahahahahahahaha u mean it.......funny creatures! Naija I hail oooo
fnep2smooth:

Am not sure you be igbo cos if you are you won't be saying this.. If you be igbo self am very sure you no Sabi your place.
go there and say who you are typing here... If your grandma is still alive she go start to cry cos he just lost a grandson

(1) (Reply)

Young Folks Hook Up (18-24) / I Really Need It- Please Help (PICTURES ATTACHED) / Pls Help I Need To Get In Touch With This Handsome Dude... Isnt He Cute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.