Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:45 AM

FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December (13830 Views)

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge / Who Are The Top 50 Private Corporate Organisations In Nigeria? / List Of Companies And Organisations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by hayzed2: 4:59am On Nov 03, 2014
The federal government has concluded plans to honour 100 top business Organisations in Nigeria in December.

The initiative, a brainchild of President Goodluck Jonathan, is aimed at identifying and bestowing on highly performing business concerns presidential honour that will further encourage and ginger them to contribute to the economy in more significant ways.

To actualise this, the Minister of Trade and Investment Dr. Olusegun Aganga, has set up a Business Assessment Committee, headed by the Executive Secretary and Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, Mr. Jim Obazee.

Inaugurating the committee on Friday in Abuja, Aganga said the body had a mandate to critically scrutinise businesses operating within the Nigerian economic space and come up with top 100 among them that meet global best practices.

Such business that will qualify for the presidential award, the minister added, would be among the companies generating high volume of employment opportunities in the economy.

A statement by the Consultant to the initiative, Mrs. Funmi Ogbue, said, “The aim of the presidential honour for the top 100 Businesses in Nigeria is to identity, recognise and celebrate businesses that are contributing to the economy and are ethically above board in their business dealings in line with global best practices.

“Nigeria as the largest economy in Africa and one of the emerging economies on the world stage needs to encourage ethical corporate governance and celebrate businesses that are growing the economy.”

Source: LEADERSHIP

2 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by Shigoboy(m): 5:45am On Nov 03, 2014
hayzed2:
The federal government has concluded plans to honour 100 top business Organisations in Nigeria in December.

The initiative, a brainchild of President Goodluck Jonathan, is aimed at identifying and bestowing on highly performing business concerns presidential honour that will further encourage and ginger them to contribute to the economy in more significant ways.

To actualise this, the Minister of Trade and Investment Dr. Olusegun Aganga, has set up a Business Assessment Committee, headed by the Executive Secretary and Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, Mr. Jim Obazee.

Inaugurating the committee on Friday in Abuja, Aganga said the body had a mandate to critically scrutinise businesses operating within the Nigerian economic space and come up with top 100 among them that meet global best practices.

Such business that will qualify for the presidential award, the minister added, would be among the companies generating high volume of employment opportunities in the economy.

A statement by the Consultant to the initiative, Mrs. Funmi Ogbue, said, “The aim of the presidential honour for the top 100 Businesses in Nigeria is to identity, recognise and celebrate businesses that are contributing to the economy and are ethically above board in their business dealings in line with global best practices.

“Nigeria as the largest economy in Africa and one of the emerging economies on the world stage needs to encourage ethical corporate governance and celebrate businesses that are growing the economy.”

Source: LEADERSHIP
SB
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by politricks: 6:08am On Nov 03, 2014
You can honour all companies but please leave MTN out of it if you dont want thunder to fire all of una.

29 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by hayzed2: 6:14am On Nov 03, 2014
politricks:
You can honour all companies but please leave MTN out of it if you dont want thunder to fire all of una.

Don't they deserve the Credit for employing both Graduates and Non-Graduates tongue

5 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by kingphilip(m): 6:26am On Nov 03, 2014
waiting for d list men
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by spillyboy14: 6:58am On Nov 03, 2014
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by spillyboy14: 6:58am On Nov 03, 2014
K

1 Like

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by politricks: 7:04am On Nov 03, 2014
hayzed2:

Don't they deserve the Credit for employing both Graduates and Non-Graduates tongue
They would have deserved it if only they dont deduct customer's money anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by klem93(m): 5:37am On Nov 04, 2014
Good move, but honour them and create more employment opportunity, is that ok?

1 Like

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by BrAkingNews: 5:37am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by BrAkingNews: 5:38am On Nov 04, 2014
klem93:
Good move, but honour them and create more employment opportunity, is that ok?
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by Funniez: 5:40am On Nov 04, 2014
*books space and goes bak to sleep*
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 04, 2014
cool
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by scholes23(m): 5:45am On Nov 04, 2014
Thrash. I can clearly see that they dunno how to arrange their prioriries
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by surgecom(m): 5:48am On Nov 04, 2014
Please add my company.

How much be the money wey una go give us sef?
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by KillerBeauty(f): 5:49am On Nov 04, 2014
Ok let me see the list first

1 Like

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by lilprinze: 5:49am On Nov 04, 2014
FG looking for 100 companies who would support GEJ campaign for presidency.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by seyesko(m): 5:49am On Nov 04, 2014
Political strategy, so those bi g companies go fit support am for 2015. Beware Nigerians odikwa very risky

3 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by LMAyedun(m): 5:50am On Nov 04, 2014
Good move. Some companies deserve to be recognised

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by Innodon(m): 5:52am On Nov 04, 2014
na dongote nd co

2 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by udemedia: 5:52am On Nov 04, 2014
I hope my mama garri biz go join
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by Damalex4luv(m): 5:53am On Nov 04, 2014
Innoson motors hmmm!!! I know that Goodluck will be a major stakeholder In that company. Diaris God ooooo

2 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by Jerry2i(m): 5:54am On Nov 04, 2014
Innoson will definitely be among the top ten on that list.
Fp tinz. Its going to be a great day for me.

1 Like

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by Warlord3000(m): 5:54am On Nov 04, 2014
A good work deserves recommendation.. Thumbs up..

Happy birthday to me by the way wink

14 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by fredosky111(m): 5:55am On Nov 04, 2014
i can't stop lafin.GEJ is lukin for companies dat will help fund his campaign.
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by Chuksgeo: 5:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Long overdue
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by alotofgrace(m): 5:56am On Nov 04, 2014
I see!

1 Like

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by LordMecuzy(m): 5:57am On Nov 04, 2014
Honouring Them for Not Paying proper Tax, paying meagre salaries to Staff, Hazardous Working Conditions

Make Lebanese and Indian Companies no just follow oh

Cos I fit vex kill person

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by nigerianvenom(m): 5:58am On Nov 04, 2014
nice one.this is morale booster to them
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by dridowu: 6:02am On Nov 04, 2014
We all know those of us that will top the list as usual. People like me, Dangote, Adenuga, Otedollar, Wale Tinubu, Jim Ovia, Dantata, Ben Bruce e.t.c so you all are invited.
************confam***********

2 Likes

Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by wordbank(m): 6:03am On Nov 04, 2014
Emerging entrepreneurs and companies shouldn't be left out
Re: FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December by free2ryhme: 6:05am On Nov 04, 2014
Those businesses owned by corrupt politicians and leaders.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Small Nigerian Oil Producers May Merge To Survive Price Slump / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience / Ecobank Asks FBN To Reject Otudeko’s Share Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.