Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help (48611 Views)

At 29, She's Still Bed Wetting Please Help Her!!!!! / How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! / Bed Wetting At 30! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by snazzy82(m): 11:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
OK

Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by snazzy82(m): 6:37am On Nov 20, 2008
Guys help plz
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by chisomquee: 11:12am On Nov 20, 2008
girlfriend living with you without marriage,she must urinate on your bed,wake her up every two hours to go and urinate with time she will get used to it and she won't urinate on your bed,she should not overfeed herself before going to bed.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by LoveAlways(f): 3:39am On Nov 21, 2008
(Nursing student here)  -- Your girlfriend really should go for a doctors visit.  Urinary incontinence/Nocturnal enuresis  is caused by so many factors.

If she is still very young, she could have stress related incontinence.  She may even suffer from mixed incontinence.  This is when a patient experiences more than one type of urinary incontinence (stress incontinence combined with urge incontinence).  In this case one type can be more bothersome than the other.

Other factors to observer:

Does she drink alcohol?
Is she over-hydrated?
Is she dehydrated?
Does she drink too much caffeine?
Does she have bladder irritation caused by drinking carbonated drinks like tea, coffee and soda.
Pregnancy can also cause nocturnal urination.

Through physical examination, urologic and neurologic evaluation and urine tests, the doctor may be able to ascertain the cause of the condition. Adult enuresis can be a symptom of much worse underlying conditions such as urinary tract infection (UTI). In addition, secondary enuresis could be a result of bladder cancer in rare cases.

Though in most cases, deep-sleep disorder is the main reason for adult enuresis. Asleep so deeply, the brain fails to react to the signals sent by the bladder, in which case, the bladder unintentionally empties.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Thadude(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2008
pele oooooooooo, but honestly this is funny.
Yes wake her up atleat twice at night hopefully that would help.
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by esolution: 5:31am On Nov 22, 2008
hello,
try to let her undergo physical exercise every night and urinate before she go to bed.
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by adaezeigwe(f): 8:58am On Nov 22, 2008
@poster, i will recommend u an e-book but it would be next week,
i m sorry
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by serifshorg: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2008
dear friend,
I will give u some information on jow this problem can be solved. send for free information to serifshorg@yahoo.com or sms 08034408027
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Raymond88(m): 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2008
This may be serious, she might be developing diabetes, please have her go check her blood sugar levels.
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by MP007(m): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2008
she urinates on your bed every night and u still allow her to sleep on your bed? dude!
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by 25more(f): 7:25am On Nov 27, 2008
Bed-wetting that starts in adulthood (secondary enuresis) is uncommon and requires medical evaluation. Cause may include:

Diabetes
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract stones
Prostate enlargement
Bladder cancer
Obstructive sleep apnea
Neurological disorders
Rarely, acute anxiety or other emotional disorders may be the cause of adult bed-wetting. A doctor may be able to identify the cause of adult bed-wetting based on:

Medical history
Physical examination
Urine tests
Urologic examinations and tests
Neurological evaluation

Treatment
Monitoring Fluid Intake: Limiting intake of fluids in the late afternoon and evening before bedtime causes a decreased amount of urine produced at night. This could be a helpful first step to reduce wet nights. Also, decreasing the amount of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages may help. However, this does not mean that you should reduce your overall fluid intake. Only change the time of fluid intake, as drinking adequate fluids is important for general health. Be sure to drink plenty of water.

Bladder Volume Training: This technique is an effort to increase bladder capacity in those who have a small FBC. (See Causes of Nocturnal Enuresis). The training involves drinking large amounts of fluid during the daytime and refraining from voiding as long as possible, up to 2-3 hours. Through training, the functional bladder capacity is increased, making voids more infrequent. This method may be especially helpful to those with diagnosed detrusor overactivity, a condition in which the muscles of the bladder contract frequently and involuntarily. For men experiencing symptoms of enlarged prostate, consult a healthcare provider for behavioral therapy options, as bladder volume training can result in distending, or stretching, the bladder.

Bedwetting Alarm System: A bedwetting alarm is a device that awakens an individual from sleep as soon as the accident begins. Multiple variations of the alarm exist, ranging from vibrating to sounding alarms and wet-detection devices that can be attached to the underwear or a pad on which the individual sleeps. Once awoken, the individual is able to stop the flow of urine, finish voiding in the bathroom, and return to bed. Eventually the body is conditioned to wake up with the urge to urinate before wetting the bed. This treatment option takes some weeks to work, requiring motivation and commitment. It is not as effective if the alarm goes off multiple times per night due to more than one bedwetting episode from decreased functional bladder capacity. Although, in many cases of bedwetting, this device helps the user overcome the condition.

Waking: While this option does not treat the problem, it may be helpful in preventing a wet bed. It involves setting an alarm during the night at a random time in order to urinate. It is important to set the alarm at a random time so that your bladder does not grow accustomed to emptying at a scheduled time during the night regardless of whether or not you are awake.
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Ilelobola: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2008
Regardless of when it started, please get her to have a urine test carried out by qualified professionals. It could be as simple as urinary infection that a lot of women get which should be treated ASAP or something more serious.

I used to wet the bed until I was about 10 when, because I was going to boarding school my mom decided to speak with a doctor about it. They found I had kidney infection since birth that had not been treated. I was given a tablets to use over a course of 5 days which cured it. The drugs were quite expensive then but certainly worth it ,

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by vidominion: 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
It a pity it happens. Let me ask have contacted a physician but less stressful tongue exercise, let her have adequate exerise before sleep and eat early and set alarm for her to wake up to urinate in d midnight.
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Iwant2know: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2010
Guy stop dulling yourself,this is very unusual.go for spiritual advice or traditionalist can help you out,
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by sunboy(m): 8:16am On Apr 09, 2010
@poster, this isnt doctors problem at all, simply contact tradomedical doctors, they have instant cure i can bet you. But let her try this, find a way you can get ashes (i mean that white thing like powdery stuff)from fire-wood used in cooking, after getting them pour the ashes powder on the ground and tell her to cross it 3 times and see what happens.
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by 4peace(m): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
sunboy:

@poster, this isnt doctors problem at all, simply contact tradomedical doctors, they have instant cure i can bet you. But let her try this, find a way you can get ashes (i mean that white thing like powdery stuff)from fire-wood used in cooking, after getting them pour the ashes powder on the ground and tell her to cross it 3 times and see what happens.
Lmao
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by ireneann: 9:00am On Apr 13, 2010
snazzy82:

MY GIRLFRIEND URINATES ON MY BED EVERY NIGHT (BED WETTING)
HEY GUYS, I GOT A MYSTERY THAT HAS BEEN EATING DEEP INTO MY BONE MARROW BUT I HAVE WISHED/SUMMONED  IT TO MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS,
MY GIRL OF 21 years (NAME WITHHELD) HAS BEEN URINATING ON MY BED WHILE SLEEPING WITH ME ON THE SAME BED ALMOST EVERY NITE
I FOUND OUT WHEN I WOKE UP ONE DAY AND FOUND OUT THAT MY OWN CLOTH(SHORTS) WAS SOAKED WITH WATER, WELL THEY SUMMARY OF MY STORY IS THAT MY GIRL NEEDS A HELP/what SHE CAN DO TO FIGHT THIS ENEMY OF PROGRESS B/C I INTEND MARRYING HER
COMMENTARIES NEEDED PLZ 

I think you should get her either PAMPERS or HUGGIES (maxi) which she will wear overnight. grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Beautymc(f): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2010
ireneann:

I think you should get her either PAMPERS or HUGGIES (maxi) which she will wear overnight. grin grin grin
Pampers is better
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by okenwa(m): 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2010
she will outgrow it. be patient
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Ivica(m): 6:38am On Apr 16, 2010
Take her to a doctor,She may benefit from TCAs
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Aj2(m): 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2010
BED WETTING CURE
Whoever has bed wetting should take 2 tablespoonful of PURE HONEY every night before sleeping.
it is 100% guaranteed by GOD'S willing.for any issue(s) visit www.infohealthtank..com
or send your request to sulab008@yahoo.com. HEALTH IS POWER
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by segzicres(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2010
WTF how old is she?
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Engrwill: 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by ifedili: 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2011
[color=#990000]she is used to it from childhood grin grin grin and again she is lazy beware about it leave. grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Eveoeve(f): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2011
@poster what happened to her own bed in her house?
Anyway, i think she should see a doctor.

http://naturekay..com
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by dehvon: 6:59pm On Feb 25, 2011
my girl friend for 8yrs did it couldn't take it no more so i dump her.i used to sleep on couch most of the times the bed was too smelly urine all the time could not buy new bed caused she just mess it up 8yrs too dam long to be with a woman like that
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by dehvon: 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
plus she was extremely lazy look out for that and get Rid of her because if that was u she would not be with u
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by Lambaste: 3:09am On Jan 15, 2012
Firstly,

Nice to see a guy who can be understanding and supportive without making his girl feel bad about an issue she can't help, or not right now, your support is what she needs the most. Secondly I'd reccomend a GP just to make sure it's not something serious though I doubt it is.

Recently I had this happen two nights in a row, caused by new sleeping medication, my fiancee is amazing, understanding, loving and supportive, any man who acts like an ass over a medical issue obviously needs more help himself.

My man brought me basically adult diapers until it passes, they are kind of like disposable knickers and don't look that bad, I fold the top down and they actually look cute, more so when I wear no top with them lol.

Just keep up with the support, be there for her and suggest the diapers as a temporary solution, they really aren't that bad, well on girls anyway and it will give some peace of mind knowing there won't be any mess at least.

Like me, she appears to be a very lucky girl, so many guys act like 15 year old boys over what can be a very common issue with women, if they can't support you over something so simple what happens if something serious happens, they abandon ship then too?.

I congrat you on being one of the very rare guys who stands by someones side through better or worse, good luck to both you and your girl.

Lamb.
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by PA1982(f): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
Please get the woman to a doctor.
Re: My Girlfriend Urinates On My Bed Every Night (bed Wetting): Help by jalie(f): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2012
Solution i think works but with time:she should avoid eating late,avoid drinking toomuch water before bedtime and wake her up very often at night to urinate.it can also be that she usually dream she is in the toilet urinating not knowing she is on the bed.gudluck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) / 12-Year-Old Boy Barks Like A Dog After A Dog Bite (Pics, Video) / I Got Ruthlessly Harassed By Police This Night For Holding Vega 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.