Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1086162 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
ogunsinamayowa:

what about a course like political science? is it possible to change to course....... please i hear that UI want to increase their tuition fee; how true?
courses with high cut offs usually have a lot of people aspiring for it plus those people have high scores too. courses that are usually free are some agric courses (in science) I don't know about others though.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hey Omo Ibadans, is it possible crossing from Physiology to Medicine in U.I?...I need opininons ASAP™
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
...and does the crossing depend on CGPA after part 1?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by FunkySilver(f): 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
Holamarncy:
i bet d cutoff would sit at 80 for mbbs ..
all i knw z ill make it
Amen!!! wishn myself d same fin
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by benstuber(m): 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
ogunsinamayowa:

yes. but she can do change the course immediately UI release their cut off mark - i mean before UI releases their merit list.
only if pharmacy is among the listed courses to change to... which is practically impossible.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ogunsinamayowa(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2015
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kumpharm(f): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
ogunsinamayowa:

yes. but she can do change the course immediately UI release their cut off mark - i mean before UI releases their merit list.

After the release of the cutoff points, UI puts up an advert for change of course along with a list of available courses. She can only do a change of course to the available courses then.... PHARMACY HAS NEVER BEEN ON THE LIST OF AVAILABLE COURSES AFTER PUTME.. it's lower courses with few candidates you'll find on the list...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damitism: 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
FunkySilver:
lolzzzzzz i jex asked a qst naw, i'm sowie tho buh you're vewie funny, i'm going fr med-surg @Damitisim
waaoh! That's sweet. Your reading start now. All the best!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damitism: 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
horpeyemmi66:
Hey Omo Ibadans, is it possible crossing from Physiology to Medicine in U.I?...I need opininons ASAP™
Very possible provided you didn't make mistake in courses you registered in your 100level. I even have a senior who was denied crossing to mbbs because his cgpa was below the required.
horpeyemmi66:
...and does the crossing depend on CGPA after part 1?
It solely depends on your CGPA. First class lo sure ju!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Holamarncy: 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
funky silver..z dis ur first trial for mbbs..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
Anybody aspiring 4 Economics here, Whatz ur jamb combo? Mine is eng,math,econs,geo.......Am i on the right track?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by FunkySilver(f): 11:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
Holamarncy:
funky silver..z dis ur first trial for mbbs..
yea
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by FunkySilver(f): 11:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
Damitism:
waaoh! That's sweet. Your reading start now. All the best!
thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by SPLITS(f): 3:09am On Jan 19, 2015
Hello,
Wonderful thread I must say.
please which course can I study in u.I with this jamb subject combo : geo, maths, use of English & econs?
and what was the cut-off for the course last year?
& do U.I accept two sittings?
how was there pume like?
is the school difficult to get admission?
thanks
so nobody is kind to help me right?
shocked
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:08am On Jan 19, 2015
Damitism:
Very possible provided you didn't make mistake in courses you registered in your 100level. I even have a senior who was denied crossing to mbbs because his cgpa was below the required.It solely depends on your CGPA. First class lo sure ju!!

Thanks Dammy, what course do you study?
And I wouldn't mind you giving a break-down of U.I's CGPA grading system; You know its definitely different from the conventional 5.0 grading system.
Also, what do you mean by mistakes in courses chosen in 100 level, I need Citations.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ogunsinamayowa(m): 7:06am On Jan 19, 2015
kumpharm:

After the release of the cutoff points, UI puts up an advert for change of course along with a list of available courses. She can only do a change of course to the available courses then.... PHARMACY HAS NEVER BEEN ON THE LIST OF AVAILABLE COURSES AFTER PUTME.. it's lower courses with few candidates you'll find on the list...

ok, agreed!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damitism: 7:22am On Jan 19, 2015
horpeyemmi66:

Thanks Dammy, what course do you study?
And I wouldn't mind you giving a break-down of U.I's CGPA grading system; You know its definitely different from the conventional 5.0 grading system.
Also, what do you mean by mistakes in courses chosen in 100 level, I need Citations.
I am a pharmacist in the making. That colleague of mine chose physiology in 100 level hoping to cross to mbbs but he got 5.3 which was below 5.6, the minimum to cross (as he told me shaa). Also, UI use the cgpa of 7 where 6.0 - 7.0 is first class. About the courses to register, there are some course your chosen department may/will not include in the course to register but is compulsory in the department you want to cross to. You MUST INCLUDE this/these course(s) in your registration or else, men, you won't be able to cross. A friend of mine made that mistake.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Holamarncy: 8:50am On Jan 19, 2015
alryt jxt lets start reading.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 9:22am On Jan 19, 2015
Damitism:
I am a pharmacist in the making. That colleague of mine chose physiology in 100 level hoping to cross to mbbs but he got 5.3 which was below 5.6, the minimum to cross (as he told me shaa). Also, UI use the cgpa of 7 where 6.0 - 7.0 is first class. About the courses to register, there are some course your chosen department may/will not include in the course to register but is compulsory in the department you want to cross to. You MUST INCLUDE this/these course(s) in your registration or else, men, you won't be able to cross. A friend of mine made that mistake.
Pheww!, men that's hard work in overalls.
Aren't the courses fixed, like MTH, PHY, CHM, BIO and GNS? Why do they allow students choose the courses they would be offering?

I saw people quoted on U.I's site having: 6.0, 6.5, 6.25 and even 7.0, how is that possible?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dupre: 11:50am On Jan 19, 2015
can i use dis subject combo 4 psychology in u.i. Eng, maths, govt, econs, pls i nid reply asap
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damitism: 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
horpeyemmi66:

Pheww!, men that's hard work in overalls.
Aren't the courses fixed, like MTH, PHY, CHM, BIO and GNS? Why do they allow students choose the courses they would be offering?

I saw people quoted on U.I's site having: 6.0, 6.5, 6.25 and even 7.0, how is that possible?
Don't be scared by that 7.0 If u prepare with the right material mostly from your lecturers, first is easy. About the course register, for example, if someone want to cross to pharmacy from vet. med. such a student MUST INCLUDE bot 141 and mat 101 in the courses they will register. If not, kissing pharmacy goodbye is so sure. Also, ur first year is prelim. year. It's when you perform well (according to ur department standard) that u can proceed to 200level in that same department or else, EROSION!! Olorun o ni a ri ogun erosion UI ooo.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by SPLITS(f): 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
SPLITS:
Hello,
Wonderful thread I must say.
please which course can I study in u.I with this jamb subject combo : geo, maths, use of English & econs?
and what was the cut-off for the course last year?
& do U.I accept two sittings?
how was there pume like?
is the school difficult to get admission?
thanks
so nobody is kind to help me right?
shocked
so nobody is kind enough to help me right?
shocked
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by HouseOfBalloons(f): 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
SPLITS:

shocked
Why you can't you research for yourself? Must someone tell you everything? Google is your friend
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
SPLITS:

shocked
Economics
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Damitism:
Don't be scared by that 7.0 If u prepare with the right material mostly from your lecturers, first is easy. About the course register, for example, if someone want to cross to pharmacy from vet. med. such a student MUST INCLUDE bot 141 and mat 101 in the courses they will register. If not, kissing pharmacy goodbye is so sure. Also, ur first year is prelim. year. It's when you perform well (according to ur department standard) that u can proceed to 200level in that same department or else, EROSION!! Olorun o ni je ki a ri ogun erosion UI ooo.

Rill or Gully erosion...thats funny. On the average how many courses can one register for in 100L. If I understand you well, if one has registered all his courses, then he would register the others( depending on where he is wishing to go to).

Doesn't U.I have 100L past questions. Why are things so different?

Why do you insist "First class lo sure ju", does it mean a lot of people usually want to cross into Medicine and how come they still have space to accept crossing?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Hiro2(m): 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hey dudes...got a link bou this thread on the 2014/2015 thread. Really wishing u guys luck n favour in all u do. Wanna use this opportunity to tell u guys I'm available to answer some few questions (FEW) bou some courses in the science faculty. Got admitted for microbiology actually.
Creating this medium cos lots f ma guys wia misled as we didn't have this kinda of opportunity. (Join d other thread few weeks after postjamb). So guys, ur free to add me on BBM: 3348E1BF; Call or whatsapp on 07060757867.
Once again, pls try n read evry material u can lay ur hands on. PUT GOD FIRST in everything u do. In spanish ----> "mejor de las suertes y la paz"
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kingjay18(m): 10:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
abeg o! se hin posibu make i do dis sub for jamb,eng,govt,econs,literature for political sci witout makin literature in ma waec? pls i need urgent reply frm a reliable source.tnks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damitism: 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
@horpeyemmi66
Thats it bro. You understand me well. Did u just say past question? Men, the one available are those of 2007 and backward. UI collect the question paper and the answer sheet together after the exam. FAILURE TO SUBMIT ONE OF THEM, YOU HAVE ALREADY HEAR YOUR RESULT. Well, that's what they do tell us. They must have their reasons. Oooooh bro! Don't be trick that u are already a bonafide student of that course u were admitted for until u pass well and promote to 200level at that same department. About the vacancy for those wishing to cross, you know that the space left by those erosionED or tsunamiZED must be filled. There will just be ni shaaa!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:35am On Jan 20, 2015
Damitism:
@horpeyemmi66
Thats it bro. You understand me well. Did u just say past question? Men, the one available are those of 2007 and backward. UI collect the question paper and the answer sheet together after the exam. FAILURE TO SUBMIT ONE OF THEM, YOU HAVE ALREADY HEAR YOUR RESULT. Well, that's what they do tell us. They must have their reasons. Oooooh bro! Don't be trick that u are already a bonafide student of that course u were admitted for until u pass well and promote to 200level at that same department. About the vacancy for those wishing to cross, you know that the space left by those erosionED or tsunamiZED must be filled. There will just be ni shaaa!

I wouldn't want to be erosioned or worse tsunamized(giggles*)...culd you den drop ur no and Facebook user name so we could holla more and wen its tyme to do all dose crossing stuffs; you wuld help put me tru. I wanna avoid tellin storries that touch the heart. (-_-)
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by FunkySilver(f): 7:19am On Jan 20, 2015
[quote author=horpeyemmi66 post=29952090]

I wouldn't want to be erosioned or worse tsunamized(giggles*)...culd you den drop ur no and Facebook user name so we could holla more and wen its tyme to do all dose crossing stuffs; you wuld help put me tru. I wanna avoid tellin storries that touch the heart. (-_-)[/quote
Thank God for this qst!!!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by SPLITS(f): 8:59am On Jan 20, 2015
T33jay007:
Economics
nooo.
c'mon. was a science student in secondary school back then. but just want to write those subject in jamb.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.