Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 (27877 Views)

Chelsea Vs Dynamo Kiev: UCL (2 - 1) On 4th November 2015 / Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal : UCL (5 - 1) On 4th November 2015 / Anderlecht Vs Arsenal : UCL (1 - 2) - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Omooba77: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
Arsenal faces Anderlecht in the reverse game at the Emirate on Tuesday,November 4,in the first leg Arsenal had to relied on two late goals by Gibbs and Poldoski to win 2-1.A win will see Arsenal qualifying for the next round of UCL...

Fresh after their first back-to-back victories in the Premier League this season, Arsenal will go into their Champions League clash with Anderlecht on Tuesday evening hoping to make it four wins in a row.Arsene Wenger's men should be in confident mood for the match at Emirates Stadium, where they were in good form for the 3-0 win over Burnley on Saturday afternoon and one man in particular has caught tty eye. Alexis Sanchez hit a brace and took his season tally to ten goals in only 16 matches with an all-action man of the match display. He is currently driving this Arsenal team forward and it is hard to see how Wenger could afford to rest him at the moment.
Anderlecht at home in the Champions League would normally be a fixture the Gunners would expect to prevail in, while also giving something of a breather to one or two of their leading stars. However, the last time the sides met would suggest this clash is anything but a forgone conclusion.Two weeks ago in Brussels it required two goals in three minutes right at the end of the 90 for the north Londoners to leave with all three points. Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski were the saviours on a night that saw a very tame showing from Wenger's men.
The Belgian giants were impressive with their possession play and on the counter-attack and it looked as though Andy Najar's header in the 71st minute would be enough. Arsenal did not respond well and the home side had two more golden chances to finish the game off, only to suffer the ultimate punishment at the death.Wenger's starting XI is likely to be something similar to what was seen at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium, such are the injury worries currently plaguing the Gunners. However, Saturday saw the return of Theo Walcott after ten months out and he is sure to play a part at some point, though probably not from the start.

DEFENSIVE SHORTAGE

There is no relief in terms of injuries in defence, with Laurent Koscielny still out until after the international break and Mathieu Debuchy not likely to return before the end of the year. This means the current back four is likely to continue.Gibbs was a doubt leading into the Burnley match and an injury to him would require Hector Bellerin to come in, but the England international did not appear to aggravate the problem.Santi Cazorla has struggled for form, but playmaking options are limitedJack Wilshere missed the victory against the Premier League's bottom side and Wenger admitted before the match that he would likely miss this fixture too. Meanwhile, Aaron Ramsey has spent most of his time on the bench for the past two games due to illness and should start.Lukas Podolski will be hoping for a recall and could have a chance at making the line-up, but Wenger seems settled with Sanchez playing behind centre-forward Danny Welbeck and having two more defensively aware players either side of him.Santi Cazorla has struggled for form, but playmaking options are limited with both Wilshere and Mesut Özil both out and the Spaniard will likely get the opportunity to play his way back into form.

THE TEAM

Here is the GMS predicted Arsenal starting XI for the Champions League clash with Anderlecht…Szczesny; Monreal, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Chambers; Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanchez; Welbeck.
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Omooba77: 9:00am On Nov 04, 2014
Arsenal win this and see if we can overtake Dortmund...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Nelson2014(m): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2014
let's go gunners..we ar winnin dis match..ars 2-0 and

first time on frnt page...

Dancin shoki...
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Benzyboy(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Omooba77:
Arsenal faces Anderlecht in the reverse game at the Emirate on Tuesday,November 4,in the first leg Arsenal had to relied on two late goals by Gibbs and Poldoski to win 2-1.A win will see Arsenal qualifying for the next round of UCL...

Fresh after their first back-to-back victories in the Premier League this season, Arsenal will go into their Champions League clash with Anderlecht on Tuesday evening hoping to make it four wins in a row.Arsene Wenger's men should be in confident mood for the match at Emirates Stadium, where they were in good form for the 3-0 win over Burnley on Saturday afternoon and one man in particular has caught tty eye. Alexis Sanchez hit a brace and took his season tally to ten goals in only 16 matches with an all-action man of the match display. He is currently driving this Arsenal team forward and it is hard to see how Wenger could afford to rest him at the moment.
Anderlecht at home in the Champions League would normally be a fixture the Gunners would expect to prevail in, while also giving something of a breather to one or two of their leading stars. However, the last time the sides met would suggest this clash is anything but a forgone conclusion.Two weeks ago in Brussels it required two goals in three minutes right at the end of the 90 for the north Londoners to leave with all three points. Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski were the saviours on a night that saw a very tame showing from Wenger's men.
The Belgian giants were impressive with their possession play and on the counter-attack and it looked as though Andy Najar's header in the 71st minute would be enough. Arsenal did not respond well and the home side had two more golden chances to finish the game off, only to suffer the ultimate punishment at the death.Wenger's starting XI is likely to be something similar to what was seen at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium, such are the injury worries currently plaguing the Gunners. However, Saturday saw the return of Theo Walcott after ten months out and he is sure to play a part at some point, though probably not from the start.

DEFENSIVE SHORTAGE

There is no relief in terms of injuries in defence, with Laurent Koscielny still out until after the international break and Mathieu Debuchy not likely to return before the end of the year. This means the current back four is likely to continue.Gibbs was a doubt leading into the Burnley match and an injury to him would require Hector Bellerin to come in, but the England international did not appear to aggravate the problem.Santi Cazorla has struggled for form, but playmaking options are limitedJack Wilshere missed the victory against the Premier League's bottom side and Wenger admitted before the match that he would likely miss this fixture too. Meanwhile, Aaron Ramsey has spent most of his time on the bench for the past two games due to illness and should start.Lukas Podolski will be hoping for a recall and could have a chance at making the line-up, but Wenger seems settled with Sanchez playing behind centre-forward Danny Welbeck and having two more defensively aware players either side of him.Santi Cazorla has struggled for form, but playmaking options are limited with both Wilshere and Mesut Özil both out and the Spaniard will likely get the opportunity to play his way back into form.

THE TEAM

Here is the GMS predicted Arsenal starting XI for the Champions League clash with Anderlecht…Szczesny; Monreal, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Chambers; Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanchez; Welbeck.
I fink Flamini will start.
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by solomonbrown64: 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
...Sanchez rape dis ppl today oh...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by chimerase2: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
Andelectch to score tongue

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by holatin(m): 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
like if Anderlecht will win

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Innodon(m): 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
Arsenal will win
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by wildchild1: 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
But its none of my biz ;DBut its none of my biz
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by mcdokwe(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
VIP for me
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by hazyfm: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
gunners
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Rapsainot(m): 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
Wenger says "yall welcome to emirate stadium grin

Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by phemmyjohnson: 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
I hope arsenal will win this tym..
We need sum1 like "giroud and Ozil"
I just heard sumbody say - Two Sluggish dead players
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by maxgold: 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
Its 8:45pm and not 7:45pm sir.. Anytime T. Anderlecht go chop am!
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Lilprincey(m): 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
I got more trophies though i love the gunners..#arsenal will win
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by micolaj: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
Arsenal is winning tonight.
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Its 8:45 not 7:45
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by accurate123: 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
In arsenal I trust
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by shakur4luv(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
arsenal no go carry this trophy why dem dey disturb their self grin some people go 1 chop me raw if dem see this comment
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by pazienza(m): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Is it 7:45PM or 8:45PM ?
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Emilord(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
LIKE if you want ARSENAL to win with more than 2goals
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by iceberylin(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ggrin ur loosing today tongue
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Jerry2i(m): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
Will arsenal win?
#1 million question.
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Rapsainot(m): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
iceberylin:
Yo Berra watchu mouth undecided
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by iceberylin(m): 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
Rapsainot:
Yo Berra watchu mouth undecided
Arsenal is going down grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by politricks: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
8:45!! I have to carry my gun with me if i am going to watch this match.
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by WASMOG(m): 7:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
I CAN NEVER SUPPORT GUNNER COZ THEY ARE LOOSERS 4K U ALL GUNNERS FANS
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by BobbyRobson: 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
assss annnnallll must lose.

Gbes!
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Roland17(m): 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
WASMOG:
I CAN NEVER SUPPORT GUNNER COZ THEY ARE LOOSERS 4K U ALL GUNNERS FANS

You still have a lot of growing up to do with this ridiculously irritably attitude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by ggrin(f): 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
iceberylin:
u like dreaming sha cheesy
Re: Arsenal Vs Anderlecht :UCL (3 - 3) On 4th November 2014 by Greekbreed(m): 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
"runnin to a football hall" i need to get front sit oo..#upgunners

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

David Beckham Is 'Open To Talks' Over Manchester United Takeover / Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (1 - 2) On 1st April 2017 / Brighton Vs Arsenal (2 - 4) On 31st December 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.