Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal (35676 Views)

Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / My Boyfriend Want Me To Get Pregnant Before Marriage And Am Still A Virgin / 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by BreezyRita(f): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ok. This is a hotly debated issue....
I'm sure the guys will bash me.

There seems to a growing trend.... Guys saying their women are to pregnant before proposal or any marriage rite. I condemned a guy's stance on this and thought I'd be supported. But I was surprised. Even women took sides with the guy! It was shocking!

And guys, what's the reason behind this assertion??

So what do you think??
Should a lady get pregnant before she gets proposed to or should she walk out of the relationship??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
She shouldnt get pregnant.... Its called fornication....

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by iceberylin(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
[size=20pt] ђęlpş ţo ŗędųçę ţђįş āŋŋoyįŋg bįll çāllęd bride-price angry [/size]

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by LaurelP(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
But ladies also like to taste d guy's abilities in d bedroom, ie if he's a "real man". Though u won't say it outright, you make sure u seduce d guy into d act!

10 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by major466(m): 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Getting pregnant before before marriage is like dghjgjhjl

... Riding a new car in a pool of mud before buying it from the car dealer.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Well, I think this shouldn't be a debate.

In a moral way, haven't sex before wedding is a no no.

Also, as a guy, a lady looses a sense of value to you when you have sex with her.
If u love her, u forget about it but if u don't, the girl is no longer useful to the guy. Just a sex machine to keep the body warm.

So, in this era where saving yourself for marriage is loosing value and where guys don't value gals they sleep with again, it'll be good for a girl to keep herself.

Let me add this. What's d assurance that the guy will bear the responsibility of d child when it comes out?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by BreezyRita(f): 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Cutehector4u:
She shouldnt get pregnant.... Its called fornication....
gringrin
Kk
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by oliverdon: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Biblically is wrong but un dis nature we are now i support it bc most marriage dis days now after all d waste of money no show for child,now who is at lost?

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by BreezyRita(f): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
LogoDWhiz:
Well, I think this shouldn't be a debate.

In a moral way, haven't sex before wedding is a no no.

Also, as a guy, a lady looses a sense of value to you when you have sex with her.
If u love her, u forget about it but if u don't, the girl is no longer useful to the guy. Just a sex machine to keep the body warm.

So, in this era where saving yourself for marriage is loosing value and where guys don't value gals they sleep with again, it'll be good for a girl to keep herself.

Let me add this. What's d assurance that the guy will bear the responsibility of d child when it comes out?

Yes.... In this era, saving yourself could be good....
But guys also like to ascertain that the babe is good in bed too......
I know Biblically this shouldn't even be debated buh let's get real.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
yeah, its a grown trend these days. It is so wrong. Its a no no for me. I can't and i won't do it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Princecalm(m): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
The angle you look at it from will determine the answer you get.If it is seen from religious perspective it will be very wrong to do such as the bible reads it as fornication.
Considering it financially it helps to reduce the bride price you pay before getting married and from romantic view even though guys will claim to use it as a way to ascertain how good she is in bed,it also wipes out the romantic moment couples share when they get married,there will be nothing like you had sex on the wedding night with your wife,no honeymoon and so many other things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by BreezyRita(f): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
iceberylin:

And how does getting pregnant before marriage reduce bride price??
In my place, it increases it o.

7 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by BreezyRita(f): 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
missberrypop5:
yeah, its a grown trend these days. It is so wrong. Its a no no for me. I can't and i won't do it.
Thank you.....

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
iceberylin:

Try am for my place and see whether the bride price no go increase.You go taste their daughter without marrying her first?Omo,nah wahala be that.

8 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
BreezyRita:

And how does getting pregnant before marriage reduce bride price??
In my place, it increases it o.
hmmm, in my place its an abomination to accept the bride price of a pregnant woman.

5 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Mrval20(m): 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
The Bible condemns it.
But in this generation, women are so promiscuous that they've totally lost our trust.
So, most guys (not all though) would want their wife-to-be to get pregnant before any marriage rites... *JUST TO MAKE SURE*
I'm not totally in support of the guys, but I don't blame them either.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by BreezyRita(f): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
missberrypop5:
hmmm, in my place its an abomination to accept the bride price of a pregnant woman.

Tell him. In my place, its even risky. Plus, you'll pay a lot more for tasting their daughter without paying....... A lot more. A whole new list is given to you.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nursy(f): 4:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
Getting pregnant b4 wedding is common in the southwest to prove ur fertility kind of.

I have a friend co-habiting with her fiance to get pregnant b4 their wedding and another one is getting married this december cos she's pregnant.

Its their choice jare....

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by pryd(m): 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
I don't intend to toe that line neither would I frown at whoever that decides to.
I feel people should have the right to seek their own happiness as long as there's no victim involved. If both partners agree, fine but if they don't, they can easily go their separate ways...no qualms.

10 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
BreezyRita:

Yes.... In this era, saving yourself could be good....
But guys also like to ascertain that the babe is good in bed too......
I know Biblically this shouldn't even be debated buh let's get real.

You're right tho!

But a girl who knows her worth needs not be cajoled into such things.

And if a guy truly loves a gal. He'll accept her

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
Not a good deal. Anyway just proves the guy needs a baby making machine not a companion.

12 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by BreezyRita(f): 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
What I detest is the fact that these guys try to play God.... Or what else do you call it??
They say they're making sure the woman is fertile and will bear children.

I've seen where a guy did that. His first gf of 2 years left him cos she wasn't comfy with the arrangement. He met a new woman. Gave her his ultimatum...... She agreed. Got pregnant..... 2 months later, they were married.
A few months later, there's a miscarriage. Doctor says she can't get pregnant or give birth anymore.

My point?? You never know. A woman may getting pregnant doesn't guarantee her giving you kids.
I pray I don't find such a man.

Cos those village elders no dey gree.... They have eyes that see when you're just a week gone.

19 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by pryd(m): 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
BreezyRita:
Cos those village elders no dey free.... They have eyes that see when you're just a week gone.

LoL
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by karkel(m): 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
For not paying the bride price
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by merit12(f): 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
No comment

But I was here when the e-fight between the boys and the girls started lemme call the moderators,panel of judges,the co-debater. And my fellow nairalander

Why do I have this feeling this thread is going make front page?

Maybe it because the op is black

Op are you?

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
oliverdon:
Biblically is wrong but un dis nature we are now i support it bc most marriage dis days now after all d waste of money no show for child,now who is at lost?

sweetee, it's only God that gives children - whether before /after marriage.

___ she could get pregnant, have a miscarriage and not take in, in years.
___she could have that particular child, and not conceive another in years to come.
___she could have that particular child - and have many more...then the guy feels he is smart.

Hebrews 13:4
Let marriage be held in honour among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

but in all, if it happens that the woman is pregnant, and they plan on getting married. They should ask God to forgive them(for the sin of fornication)
Please don't ever, abort the child.

19 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by BreezyRita(f): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
merit12:
No comment

But I was here when the e-fight between the boys and the girls started lemme call the moderators,panel of judges,the co-debater. And my fellow nairalander

Why do I have this feeling this thread is going make front page?

Maybe it because the op is black

Op are you?

What e-fight??
And you have anything against blacks
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by tranxo(m): 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

___she could have that particular child, and not conceive another in years to come.

Let marriage be held in honour among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

but in all, if it happens that the woman is pregnant, and they plan on getting married. They should ask God to forgive them(for the sin of fornication)

Word!

8 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Godmother(f): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Getting pregnant outside wedlock is a no-no for me. Its just wrong in a lot of ways.
Like it has been said, what happens if the lady miscarries and can't take in again.
Guys keep saying they want to be sure the women are fertile and that's why they insist.
What happens if its the guy that has a low sperm count? That's how he will sleep with sister A for years, then call her barren and move to sister B to continue the experiment.

Abeg people should learn to leave things in God's hands.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Nice words ma'am

But

I thought u'r a Muslim undecided
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Nice words ma'am
But
I thought u'r a Muslim undecided

'Indeed'
I'm not please. That was an error of which I have sent mails to the mods/supermods...
__It has been resolved grin
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal by unibenstudent1(m): 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

'Indeed'
I'm not please. That was an error of which I have sent mails to the mods/supermods...
___ I wonder their plan angry.
been a muslin will kinda fit u,don't u fink so *unibenstudent runs into sambisa forest*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? / Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? / Should I Have Sold My Virginity For N600,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.