Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:31 AM

Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda (32470 Views)

Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Negative Effects Of Dangote Cement Price's Reduction / INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Image123(m): 7:28am On Nov 04, 2014
Frankenstein:
In summary, it's a business strategy focused on eliminating competition and maximizing profits. But this time, it favours the consumers.

It doesn't favor the consumer in the long run, but breeds an unhealthy monopoly. It forces one to ask why it was sold for so much all this while when a convenient gain can still be made if a bag is sold 40% less. What happens to those who bought trailer loads wholesale just last week if prices can just be yoyoed at the whims of political solidarity? Do you understand that employees of both dangote and rivals would not get a pay raise and are at dangers of retrenchment and downsizing. And when next Dangote has a bad dream, he can tweak prices again citing whatever technical reasons.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 04, 2014
Frankenstein:
In summary, it's a business strategy focused on eliminating competition and maximizing profits. But this time, it favours the consumers.

So you think , how much is the cost of cement in other countries. He'll still make enough profit if he sells at 800 naira per bag , so who is fooling who
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by rhymz(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2014
thibcyrain:

Keep calm my friend,why do u think dangote is the largest cement producer? d government is by his side and have made policies that will not favour other local investors.u never seem to understand that a change in government will not only bring about more investors back eg lafage et al (elephant cement),but will make d cement market anti-monopolystic market.
This is just a means to pay GEJ same way innoson did.
My brother yara,this time GEJ cant tell us he has no shoes.
which policy did the government make that favors only Dangote cement? Nothing is as annoying as ignorance. Dangote and a few others promised the government that they will move from rebagging cement from Asia to actually manufacturing it here once his obajana plant starts producing at full capacity, so far he is the one keeping to that promise.

Many are still in the business of importing bulk cement and rebagging it, how long are we going to run our economy on importation.

When Ibeto and Dangote had serious issues to the point the OBJ government closed down Ibeto it took the YaraduA-JEG government to get a reprieve and even got additional benefits, no vat paid on his imported cement and about some billions paid to him as damages..... What else do you want the government to do to show support. Ban Dangote

Many of you lack objectivity and have decided to let bigotry impair the way you think..... This Dangote guy would have been a saint if he was supporting APC. This is one of the reason I find it difficult to trust any party that has majority Yoruba support cos you see them use their control of the media to swing and spin news to their own benefits even when it is a lie.

They would not have found anything suspicious if Dangote was an APC lackey throwing money around. Your opposition is petty and based on irrational criticism rather than substance. Many people here have lost respect and decorum since they started this emotional and very bias support for Buhari and APC, to them it goes beyond Nigeria, it is more of a bragging right for the Yoruba political genius of being in opposition and wrestling power from the ruling government. There is no substance to their opposition, just some childish, immature and petty need to be seen as the race whose efforts put Nigeria in the so-called right path........ The fact is that, Nigeria is already in the right path.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 04, 2014
sleekpro:
And someone will come here and say GEJ is not working.

If the big shots like dangote and innoson can see a bright futur in GEJ, then who ever say GEJ will not continiue with his good work,
#shouldgoanddie

GEJ till cement comes down to 250 per bag
#freshair

You have traded your future for a bowl of porridge and you're still feeling cool about it. All the while we are being exploited by GEJ and his minions ( Dangote et al ) , just know this if they close one place to exploit us they have opened another two. During the credit crunch of 2009 most billionaires experienced a drop in wealth or at the best stagnation of their wealth ( few experienced negligible growth in worth ) , Dangote was the only billionaire who's wealth increased from $3.3b to $13b , a 300% increase , how was this possible ? Open your eyes and do not be deceived further
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by rhymz(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2014
neoapocalypse:

You have traded your future for a bowl of porridge and you're still feeling cool about it. All the while we are being exploited by GEJ and his minions ( Dangote et al ) , just know this if they close one place to exploit us they have opened another two. During the credit crunch of 2009 most billionaires experienced a drop in wealth or at the best stagnation of their wealth ( few experienced negligible growth in worth ) , Dangote was the only billionaire who's wealth increased from $3.3b to $13b , a 300% increase , how was this possible ? Open your eyes and do not be deceived further
if it was up to you APC and Buhari supporters, you will even tell people how to live their lives, choose their lovers and even their career. See you in you drunk in your own self - assurance telling somebody else on the other side of the fence that they have sold their future just because they choose to support sb different from your choice, na wa o. Who are you to tell another man that their choice is good or bad....... Are you a god of some sort or some lame ignorant and emotional supporter of Buhari who does not appreciate the dictates of democracy yet wants to be Democratic. Go and sit your lame a$$ down jare. I am waiting for your petty rebuttals.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by igbizen(m): 7:54am On Nov 04, 2014
this is what should hapun to all sectors of the economy. just like the communications industry. larfarge the ball is in your court. let the competition begin. consumers are tired of market monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by gifted21(f): 7:54am On Nov 04, 2014
Nnachi404:
have any one bought the cement for one thousand? Na for radio and TV them dey sell am #1000 come for shops and know the price

Abeg where dem dey sell for 1000 me l wan buy.
Just tell me where the shop dey for naija
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by kernel504(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2014
akinsadeez:

then after fixing the price the competitors will come back. simple. Remember that this price slash is not inclusive of VAT. Maybe Dangote doesn't have a sinister motive behind this. Why are we Nigerians always so cynical?

l heard direatly from one of the competitors, that Dangote liased with FG, to increase both import duties on cement to force others out of the business.
Can you remember, how Ibeto Cement almost had his license withdrawn after importing ship load of cement, during Obasanjo's regine, it took the intervension of the Senate to save him.
Monopoly is the game.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by rhymz(m): 8:10am On Nov 04, 2014
kernel504:

l heard direatly from one of the competitors, that Dangote liased with FG, to increase both import duties on cement to force others out of the business.
Can you remember, how Ibeto Cement almost had his license withdrawn after importing ship load of cement, during Obasanjo's regine, it took the intervension of the Senate to save him.
Monopoly is the game.
Nonsense talk of petty people. Which Senate saved Ibeto? The man got reprieve after two years from the YaraduA-JEG led government not any Senate. And he has since been compensated. If Dangote is the only one that is able to manufacture cement locally even after all of them were given mandate to stop importation of cement by a particular time frame, how is that his own business. People learn to argue with their head rather than their heart, we are talking business and you are talking nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 04, 2014
rhymz:
if it was up to you APC and Buhari supporters, you will even tell people how to live their lives, choose their lovers and even their career. See you in you drunk in your own self - assurance telling somebody else on the other side of the fence that they have sold their future just because they choose to support sb different from your choice, na wa o. Who are you to tell another man that their choice is good or bad....... Are you a god of some sort or some lame ignorant and emotional supporter of Buhari who does not appreciate the dictates of democracy yet wants to be Democratic. Go and sit your lame a$$ down jare.

So in that your little dull mind anyone who is against GEJ is in support of Buhari , where do you guys get your logic from ? For the records I think Tinubu is worse than GEJ , Yar adua is the best president we've had followed by Obasanjo , Fashola is the best governor so far and will probably make the best president if he leaves APC , Buhari , Atiku and Babangida are bad news , I have never voted cos I don't trust in almost all the candidates that have contested.
If APC becomes the ruling party with Tinubu as party chairman , living conditions might become worse. I work in the food industry and I know the role Dangote played in exploiting Nigerians when he had monopoly of sugar production , it is people like you who have closed their eyes to the truth and I really pity you.
Given the chance I'll vote for Fashola under another political party or at worse Rochas
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by nikky5(m): 8:21am On Nov 04, 2014
I posted this thread around 12am in the politics sections but am surprised to find mine deleted while another person posted same and got the frontpage. Very unfair please. Seun take note.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by rhymz(m): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2014
neoapocalypse:

So in that your little dull mind anyone who is against GEJ is in support of Buhari , where do you guys get your logic from ? For the records I think Tinubu is worse than GEJ , Yar adua is the best president we've had followed by Obasanjo , Fashola is the best governor so far and will probably make the best president if he leaves APC , Buhari , Atiku and Babangida are bad news , I have never voted cos I don't trust in almost all the candidates that have contested.
If APC becomes the ruling party with Tinubu as party chairman , living conditions might become worse. I work in the food industry and I know the role Dangote played in exploiting Nigerians when he had monopoly of sugar production , it is people like you who have closed their eyes to the truth and I really pity you.
Given the chance I'll vote for Fashola under another political party or at worse Rochas
Nigga, you argue like a child that does not know what he wants but just want to cry. I am not interested in who you support so long as I see an objective argument that is devoid of empty complaints and whining that does not add to the debate. I was hoping you were going to talk about how Dangote used the 2009 economic melt down to his own benefits but all I see I sidetracks and somebody trying to tell Nigerians that there are two evils, don't vote all together, Bullshyte.

What did Dangote do in the food industry, you seem to be very skilled in bringing out the man's evils that we Nigerians are not aware of. Can you please elaborate and give us instances of his political high handedness in the sector. Don't just bring up issues and isolate them from the facts, it is childish.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 04, 2014
President Jonathan is transforming nothing - Governor Fashola:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/11/president-jonathan-is-transforming.html
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by bigiyaro(m): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2014
Abeg cement dey expire? I gas buy n store 1 trailer o. cos after election dem collect Wetin dem dey give wit left hand now.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by 1stUnique(m): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2014
Automatically, block price should drop down too naw... it seems its high time I go build on this land......
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by elohorayodele: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Frankenstein:

Apart from supporting the transformation agenda, its a biz strategy aimed at squeezing life outta other cement makers. No one has dangote production capacity in Africa. This is something he could have done years back but excess profit is never bad-looking on P & L statement.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by kernel504(m): 8:35am On Nov 04, 2014
rhymz:
Nonsense talk of petty people. Which Senate saved Ibeto? The man got reprieve after two years from the YaraduA-JEG led government not any Senate. And he has since been compensated. If Dangote is the only one that is able to manufacture cement locally even after all of them were given mandate to stop importation of cement by a particular time frame, how is that his own business. People learn to argue with their head rather than their heart, we are talking business and you are talking nonsense.

Look young man if you are not cultured, start now. You dont hurl unhealthy names on people in a bit to express yourself,ok?
Since you dont believe Dangote wants to monopolize Nigeria cement market, check out this story...

Dangote’s Suit Against Ibeto is anti-competitive – FG. The Federal Government has described a lawsuit brought against Ibeto Cement Company
by Dangote Cement as anti-competitive. In the suit, Dangote is seeking the withdrawal of an import waiver granted Chief Ibeto by
the Federal government. The suit also seeks to have Ibeto Cement Company refund
billions of Naira to the Federal Government as unpaid taxes and import duties. Also named as defendants in the suit in which Dangote Cement is the plaintiff are
subsidiaries of Ibeto: IBG Investment Limited, Derima Ventures Ltd; Federal Republic of
Nigeria, Attorney General of the Federation, Federal Ministry of Finanace, Federal Ministry
of Trade and Investment, Board of Customs and Excise, Federal Inland Revenue Service
and Nigerian Ports Authority. In the suit Dangote alleges that Ibeto and his co-defendants colluded to give Ibeto
companies an unfair advantage by reducing his tax exposure on bulk cement imports to
5% only. Dangote claims this contravenes a presidential directive issued on July 8th 2010
which ordered importers to pay 20% import duty and 5% Value Added Tax. The plaintiff asked the court to order the Federal Government to recover the duties and
taxes owed by Ibeto and to obtain a further refund of N 7.8 billion paid the company by
the government as a result of an earlier court judgement. The Federal Government in its counter affidavit has asked the court to dismiss the suit
stating Dangote’s claims were “anti-competition and designed to control the entire
cement industry and leave Nigerians at the mercy of the plaintiff’s (Dangote’s) price
whims and caprices.”
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Sensicut(m): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2014
Hmmm politics.after 2015 election he will rise up to 1,900 or 2,000 we wil now face another fuel subsidy abeg jona no what is doing dangote is among people that is killing this country if like agree with me or not this is politics
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by lumeneng22: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2014
Mamaflex:
What about those that already have in stock ?
.It's simple sir, sell at the new prize after all you have been gaining all this long. Dangote still manufacture at the same capacity as before or do you think he buy diesel at less prize now or NEPA has reduce tariff for him? Can't you make sacrifice as well?
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by ladodo: 8:58am On Nov 04, 2014
Make dem no deceive us, how much do they pay 4 tax per year, how many of his trailers are well registered wit propal documentation, how many of his drivers has a valid drivers licence and so on. If they are paying all d various due and taxes d country will not be in dis state, as a person if u've a car u know what u will pay in renewing ur vehicle document yearly, not 2 talk of trailer, may God deliver us 4rm them.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by kolamilan(m): 8:58am On Nov 04, 2014
i think this price cannot be effective this year anymore because of those retailers that bought there own in bulk.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by cee001(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2014
tit:
so the price is no longer determined by supply and demand?
mumu full for we side.
It is only in a perfect competition that prices are determined solely by demand and supply i.e the market forces....in other markets like the monopolistic competition,there can be some interruptions...
But come to think of it ,if Dangote increases supply relative to demand(maybe due to improved technology,lower production cost,tax leniency,etc) dont you think the price will go down?of course yes since the demand is lower compared with the supply..Also Dangote can reduce its price and still make tremendous profit if his goods are demand elastic...my thoughts though...
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by tecmon: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2014
Just got a windfall with this price slash, tnx dangote, GEJ till 2019 !

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Xionez(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2014
Sensicut:
Hmmm politics.after 2015 election he will rise up to 1,900 or 2,000 we wil now face another fuel subsidy abeg jona no what is doing dangote is among people that is killing this country if like agree with me or not this is politics

My thoughts exactly. Once this election ends, it may go higher irrespective of who wins.

Electricity or production problems would be cited as silly excuses.

Nigeria, land of political extremists.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by tecmon: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2014
ladodo:
Make dem no deceive us, how much do they pay 4 tax per year, how many of his trailers are well registered wit propal documentation, how many of his drivers has a valid drivers licence and so on. If they are paying all d various due and taxes d country will not be in dis state, as a person if u've a car u know what u will pay in renewing ur vehicle document yearly, not 2 talk of trailer, may God deliver us 4rm them.
could you pls post scanned a copy of your own tax reciept, ingrate.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Kennyfancy(m): 9:25am On Nov 04, 2014
Mamaflex:
they shld ask google, who send them ?
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 04, 2014
rhymz:
Nigga, you argue like a child that does not know what he wants but just want to cry. I am not interested in who you support so long as I see an objective argument that is devoid of empty complaints and whining that does not add to the debate. I was hoping you were going to talk about how Dangote used the 2009 economic melt down to his own benefits but all I see I sidetracks and somebody trying to tell Nigerians that there are two evils, don't vote all together, Bullshyte.

What did Dangote do in the food industry, you seem to be very skilled in bringing out the man's evils that we Nigerians are not aware of. Can you please elaborate and give us instances of his political high handedness in the sector. Don't just bring up issues and isolate them from the facts, it is childish.

You're not interested in who I support yet you mention I'm an APC/Buhari supporter , stop confusing yourself.
Dangote sold sugar at twelve thousand naira per bag pre 2012 cos of the monopoly given to him by your GEJ when a bag cost less than 5,500 naira retail price equivalent just across our border in Benin republic , even if he were to buy there , transport it to Nigeria and re-bag it , it still wouldn't have cost more than 6,500 naira. Flour mills , BUA sugar bidded for license to produce sugar for about 8 years prior to that time and they kept refusing them. The day flour mills produced their first bag in 2012 and sold it at 7000 naira , Dangote brought the price of his sugar down fr 12000 naira to 7,500 naira , odd don't you think so ?. You should know that Dangote was a financier for PDP at that time ( 2009 ) and was instrumental to GEJ's victory thus why he was compensated with the monopoly on sugar and favourable policies on cement production ( he was allocated 60% production of cement in Nigeria ).
GEJ has numerous crimes to his name and it would be a waste of time mentioning them. I will not exonerate Tinubu as we all know his dealings with the LCC/toll gate issue and his involvement with the Lagos city mall.
I am not saying people shouldn't go out to vote for whomever they choose but some people should not hoodwink others into voting for people who are not credible by distorting facts and telling lies. We need a change of leadership , none is credible as we speak and those that are credible won't be given the chance.
We can still afford meals now , I hope our children will be able to say that in the future

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Rexyl(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
99100:
Good development !!
Fresh Air things.

yeah Good development. Jonathan carry go with policies meant for good development! Good Nigerians know you mean well for your dear country despite the pull him down syndrome against you that has infected many being confused by desperate politicians who want power at all cost.

I am not a politician o but truth must be told
Also... he is improving the situation of electricity

Also, he has paved way for Nigerian made vehicles

Also... the moribund railway is fully getting back to life

Also... Many high ways are being repaired and new ones being constructed

l would only appeal to all trouble makers to sheathe their swords, change attitude and embrace good will.
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by Rexyl(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
neoapocalypse:

with all this wealth of dangote, his people see him as the poorest among them.... why? You see them always crying poverty. What a Pity!
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by ducii: 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Rexyl:

yeah Good development. Jonathan carry go. Good Nigerians know you mean well for your dear country despite the pull him down syndrome against you that has infected many being confused by desperate politicians who want power at all cost.

I am not a politician o but truth must be told
Also... he is improving the situation of electricity

Also, he has paved way for Nigerian made vehicles

Also... the moribund railway is fully getting back to life

Also... Many high ways are being repaired and new ones being constructed

l would only appeal to all trouble makers to sheathe their swords, change attitude and embrace good will.

Nice points made
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by hendrixxx(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mamaflex:
Re: Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda by ashmarkakanmu: 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
ducii:
The True Reason Why Dangote Slashed Cement Prices Revealed

Africa’s largest cement producer, Dangote Cement Plc has slashed local cement prices to N1,000 ($6) and N1,150 ($7), for different grades. The cement giant is keen to consolidate its position as not only Africa’s top cement maker, but the leading provider in the continent’s largest economy, Nigeria.

ASHMARK ROOF CONSTRUCTIONS NIGERIA LIMITED (Sales and Installations)
08033599077 , 08135262652.

Please Note that all these Roofing Materials are from Original Manufacturers with Authentic ISO numbers. These materials are durable, non fading roofing materials with 50 Years warranty.

Note also: ALL PRICES Per Square Meter
1.) ALUMINIUM ROOFING SHEETS

LONGSPAN Aluminium
0.35mm Longspan cost =N=1100 sq per meter
0.45mm Longspan cost =N=1350 sq per meter
0.55mm Longspan cost =N=1450 sq per meter- 25 years warranty

STEP TILES Aluminium
0.45mm Step Tile cost =N=1350 sq per meter
0.55mm Step Tile cost =N=1500 sq per meter- 25 years warranty

2.) STONE COATED ROOFING SHEET
Original American Shingle Tiles- N3,000 per sqm with 50years warranty

Heritage Tiles (Made in Korea) -N2,200 per sqm with 50years warranty
Heritage Tiles (Made in Korea) -N2,000 per sqm with 20 years warranty
Heritage Tiles (Made in Belgium)- N3,200 per sqm with 50years warranty
Heritage Tiles (Made in New Zealand)- N3,900 per sqm with 50years warranty

Shingle Tiles (Made in Korea) -N2,700 per sqm with 50years warranty
Shingle Tiles (Made in Belgium) -N4,000 per sqm with 50years warranty
Shingle Tiles (Made in New Zealand) - N4,000, N6,000 (different design) per sqm with 50years warranty

Classic Tiles (Made in Korea) -N2,200 per sqm with 50years warranty
Classic Tiles (Made in Korea) -N2,000 per sqm with 20 years warranty
Classic Tiles (Made in Belgium)- N3,500 per sqm with 50years warranty
Classic Tiles (Made in New Zealand)- N4,000 per sqm with 50years warranty

Roman Tiles (Made in Korea) -N2,900 per sqm with 50 years warranty
Roman Tiles (Made in Belgium)- N4,000 per sqm with 50years warranty
Roman Tiles (Made in New Zealand)- N4,000 per sqm with 50years warranty

OTHER Services Include: Aluminium Windows and Partitions, Cladding, Curtail Wall, Aluminium Parapet or Fascia (25% cheaper than Concrete Parapet or Fascia), etc

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/11/dangote-offers-nigerians-lowest-cement-price-since-2005/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Shuns PDP Convention / Peter Obi In Bayelsa For The Burial Of Goodluck Jonathan's Elder Sister / Edo Declares Public Holiday To Celebrate Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.