Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed (4143 Views)

IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker / For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN / Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by atlwireles: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
By Emman Ovuakporie and Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA-PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has given Peoples Democratic Party, PDP lawmakers the order to ensure that the Speaker of the House of Representatives is removed from office.

Sources close to the presidency revealed that the president who could not hide his anger told some ranking members of the House at a meeting held at the Presidential Villa on Friday night to immediately start moves towards Tambuwal’s ouster.
He blamed them for allowing the speaker to exhibit such control over the lawmakers without protecting his own interest.
The source further explained that”we had to apologise to him and promised to carry out his instructions as to how to remove the speaker”.
“Towards this end, we’ve summoned all our members to reach Abuja today,yesterday, unfailingly to attend a meeting with our party leaders “.
Another top ranking member of the House who spoke to Vanguard under the condition of anonymity said”why we are angry with Tambuwal is simple-he betrayed the collective trust of we PDP lawmakers”.

“He became speaker because we believed in him and he rode on our back to achieve his dreams”.
“Then barely 48hours after at the APC convention he went berserk and started calling PDP names that was a serious betrayal of trust and this was where he shot himself on the foot”.

The Vanguard through an impeccable source gathered that a 4-term lawmaker, Bashir Adamu, PDP, Jigawa has been tipped to replace Tambuwal.
Also on the table to be considered is Hon Usman Kumho, but from all indications he does not have a strong support base to become speaker.
Their game plan, according to the source is that “we will frustrate him out of office and ensure we remove him citing the fact that his defection did not follow due process”.
“Though we are aware that he may go to court to quash it but the damage must have been perpetuated and the court may not decide until after May28 and by then this House must have been rested”.
On the grand design to impeach Emeka Ihedioha, the Deputy Speaker, the source said”it is virtually impossible because we can’t lose two strong PDP lawmakers”.

“We’ve lost Tambuwal, Ihedioha remains for now and that is not really our challenge”.
The source further added that the PDP and the presidency cannot afford to lose both men at the same time and so, would tread cautiously.
He boasted that Ihedioha is now a big asset to the party, stressing that removing him would crash PDP ship in the House.
He said though there was pressure on the deputy speaker from some quarters to get Ihedioha on the move against Tambuwal, he would rather not compromise his relationship with his boss.

Also, another PDP lawmaker who spoke to Vanguard on the condition of anonymity said that even if PDP heeded the call of giving automatic ticket to lawmakers as widely reported, the idea to impeach Tambuwal would still fail.
In any case, the lawmaker said that none of them was ready to play politics of impeachment at the moment given the fact that every lawmaker has returned to their constituency to fight for tickets.

“Look, they are only playing politics. I can tell you that no PDP lawmaker is ready to vote for Tambuwal’s impeachment. Even if there would be anything like that, it can’t be now. Everyone has gone home to fight for his/her return. The primaries are almost here.
“The only time we expect issues and controversy that may generate heat in the House will be when Tambuwal upon the resumption of the House decides to pursue APC’s agenda. At that point, we will fight them with our number since we have the majority in the House. That means that we will resort to calling for a division on issues before anything can be done”, the source stressed.
Also lending his voice, an APC lawmaker from Rivers State, Hon. Ogbonna Nwuke said that the PDP lawmakers did not have the required two third majority to oust the Speaker.

According to him, the only way such could happen was if some lawmakers for APC decide to betray the party which he said was impossible.
He said: “Let me say this to you. It is not possible for PDP lawmakers to muster two third majority. They don’t have it. The only way they can get that is if some APC lawmakers decide to betray the party. But that is not possible.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/presidency-insists-tambuwal-removed/#sthash.XSCMstfG.dpuf
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Firefire(m): 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Yes I agree
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by atlwireles: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
Push has come to shove. angry God bless the great party PDP

GEJ till 2019.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
tambuwal is a gooner
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Ngwakwe: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
This should not be Mr President's preoccupation rather the PDP whose mandate is subverted by the opposition.

Mr President should allow the party echelon take the decision in this matter and stop being desperate.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ngwakwe:
This should not be Mr President's preoccupation rather the PDP whose mandate is subverted by the opposition.

Mr President should allow the party echelon take the decision in this matters and stop being desperate.
GEJ is the leader of his party

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
I really do not think there is any cause for alarm

I expected Tambuwal to have his police re-instated today as the courts will naturally ask everyone to stay action.

But Presidency should now do their home work against the Friday hearing and ensure all loose ends are tied up.

there can only be one interpretation to section 68 (1)g

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by tit(f): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
mikeansy:
I really do not think there is any cause for alarm

I expected Tambuwal to have his police re-instated today as the courts will naturally ask everyone to stay action.

But Presidency should now do their home work against the Friday hearing and ensure all loose ends are tied up.

there can only be one interpretation to section 68 (1)g

status quo ante is either
1) tambuwal is still a pdpd member or
2) tambuwal has defected and is no longer a member of the house. subsection 68(2)

pick your poison.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by philips70(m): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Mr President should allow the party echelon take the decision in this matters and stop being desperate.

You have really not seen the desperation of Mr President yet. You and others still in that train will see worst desperation if things really start getting awry for his 2015 project. Wear your seat belts! On this one he has failed

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Ideyontop: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Oya na,uncle tambuwal pack your load and go!
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Ngwakwe: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

GEJ is the leader of his party

The Board of trustees, PDP Governors and other elected officials should be the one to read it out to the press in form of a communique after an exhaustive meeting as to preserve democratic value of decision by the majority after taking into consideration how it will affect 2015 election and secondly to preserve "the pride of their party"
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Arch1: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Five days ago - Boko Haram captured Mubi

Two days ago - A bomb blast rocked Gombe

Yesterday - There was a jail break at a maximun security prison in Kogi; more than a 100 dangerous criminals/terrorists escaped

Today - A bomb blast rocked Potiskum, Yobe state

president jonaTAN the commander-in-chief of the country seems to be more concerned with fighting tambuwal despite the detoriorating security situation of the country.

Can someone help me tell this useless president that the country is at war. The enemy is out there killing Nigerians. Impeching tambuwal shouldnt be the presidencys priorty now

19 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by lekkie073(m): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
Arch1:

Yesterday - There was a jail break at a maximun security prison in Kogi; more than a 100 dangerous criminals/terrorists escaped

president jonaTAN the commander-in-chief of the country seems to be more concerned with fighting tambuwal despite the detoriorating security situation of the country.
potikum, logo, go be,

Can someone help me tell this useless president that the country is at war. The enemy is out there killing Nigerians. Impeching tambuwal shouldnt be the presidencys priorty now
potikum, kogi gombe, mubi..... someone promised to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan.....Jonathan should go get him....

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Ngwakwe: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
philips70:

You have really not seen the desperation of Mr President yet. You and others still in that train will see worst desperation if things really start getting awry for his 2015 project. Wear your seat belts! On this one he has failed

I am not in support of Mr President's decision (if by commission he said so) as it relates to the subject being discussed.

However, I am equally against Democratic coup in the lower chamber being speheaded by the speaker, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal.

I am of the opinion that Hon Tambuwal should do the honourable thing by resigning from his position as the Speaker knowing fully well that it's undemocratic to lead legislative chamber from the minority party as we await court's pronouncement on the legality of his defection.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by pendicle: 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
What powers really does a speaker has? It is barely ceremonial to some extent aside concurring to bills passed by the senate.

The president should concern himself with the prevailing security issues facing the country than be bugged down with inconsequential party issues. Let the party hierarchy and the courts deal with tambuwal . But will he do that? No,mama peace has threatened hell if tambuwal is not removed and who dares mama peace ? No one not even uncle jay.

The sooner this jesters are thrown out of aso rock, the better for our nationhood. No nation deserves to be ruled by this clueless and inept president

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Arch1: 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
lekkie073:
Jonathan should go get him....
... And what has stopped jonaTAN from getting him? Doesnt that give credence to the fact that jonaTAN is weak and clueless. JonaTAN is the most useless commander-in-chief in the whole world

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Yeske2(m): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
Arch1:

Nothing more to add to your post, what a shame to the GEJISTS in the house and their god father.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by lekkie073(m): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
Arch1:
... And what has stopped jonaTAN from getting him? Doesnt that give credence to the fact that jonaTAN is weak and clueless. JonaTAN is the most useless commander-in-chief in the whole world
maybe he wants them to repent....just like Jesus preached grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
serves him right

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Arch1: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
pendicle:
What powers really does a speaker has? It is barely ceremonial to some extent aside concurring to bills passed by the senate.

The president should concern himself with the prevailing security issues facing the country than be bugged down with inconsequential party issues. Let the party hierarchy and the courts deal with tambuwal . But will he do that? No mama peace has threatened hell if tambuwal is not removed and who dares mama peace ? No one not even uncle jay.

The sooner this jesters are thrown out of aso rock, the better for our nationhood. No nation deserves to be ruled by this clueless and inept president
Very well said my brother

i dont know what makes tambuwals defection an issue of national concern for president jonaTAN.

Currently, there is a humanitarian crisis in adamawa and borno. Millions of Nigerians are now displaced at various refugee camps in need of relief materials, first aid, food supplies etc, but our worthless president is less concerned
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Ngwakwe: 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
Yeske2:
Nothing more to add to your post, what a shame to the GEJISTS in the house and their god father.

The Country has a professional military whose expertise GEJ depends on, having not come from a military background.

Stop blaming GEJ for the deficiencies of a disarmed Military that is now being resuscitated by the present administration.

From every indication, it seems the opposition loves the present security challenges and intends to profit from it.

So sad if the campaign against GEJ is centred on the present insecurity in the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by omenka(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
lekkie073:
potikum, kogi gombe, mubi..... someone promised to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan.....Jonathan should go get him....
For how long would the president keep making excuses

He sits atop a trillion naira military budget. One wonders how much the terrorists spend.

He has the Police, Army, Navy, Airforce, Civil Defence, Immigration, Costoms, and Niger Delta Militants, all in his pocket, yet he's unable to clip the wings of some ragheads riding roughshod on the country's sovereignty!!

What more does the president need to secure Nigeria and Nigerians that he doesn't have?? If he's overwhelmed by the magnitude of the task, why not simply throw in the towel and let the country move forward??

I've never seen this level of incompetence in my life!!

12 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by pendicle: 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Arch1:

i dont know what makes tambuwals defection an issue of national concern for president jonaTAN.

Currently, there is a humanitarian crisis in adamawa and borno. Millions of Nigerians are now displaced at various refugee camps in need of relief materials, first aid, food supplies etc, but our worthless president is less concerned

My brother, it is really a f.ucking situation when your commander in chief
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by philips70(m): 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I am not in support of Mr President's decision (if by commission he said so) as it relates to the subject being discussed.

However, I am equally against Democratic coup in the lower chamber being speheaded by the speaker, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal.

I am of the opinion that Hon Tambuwal should do the honourable thing by resigning from his position as the Speaker knowing fully well that it's undemocratic to lead legislative chamber from the minority party as we await court's pronouncement on the legality of his defection.

Do we really operate outside a country's constitution? Pray, show me the section of the book that says the speaker must come from the majority party. Or does precedence now supersedes the constitution? Even in precedence do you know which party Edwin Ume-Ezeoke represented when he was the speaker of the house in 1979? What you guys who support the PDP should insist on is the speedy dispense of justice on the court case concerning decamping and retention of seats currently being perpetrated across party lines. Until then Tambuwal remain the only speaker of the HOR we have. Any illegality will be strongly resisted by credible Nigerians and the bench. Talking about morality, I want you to show me your moral advise to Mimiko of Ondo state.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
Arch1:

How did u come to this conclusion about the President's pre-occupation? Do you have access to his day to day agenda?

Besides that some of you don't quite understand the implication of what Tambuwal has done here. What Tambuwal wants to do can set a very dangerous precedent for Nigeria. We can in future vote for a left leaning party into the house and end up getting a fundamentalist leadership in the NASS if this issue is not carefully addressed!

Besides that Tambuwal for the sake of his personal ambition has adjourned the house for one month. Certain decisions the President might want to take on this Boko Haram issue or other national security issues may require ratification of the house. The house by being on unscheduled holiday is clearly not available to offer Nigerians this service!

So Tambuwal issue has National Security implications but some of you don't seem to get it!

It is not a joke!!!!!
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
omenka:
For how long would the president keep making excuses

He sits atop a trillion naira military budget. One wonders how much the terrorists spend.

He has the Police, Army, Navy, Airforce, Civil Defence, Immigration, Costoms, and Niger Delta Militants, all in his pocket, yet he's unable to clip the wings of some ragheads riding roughshod on the country's sovereignty!!

What more does the president need to secure Nigeria and Nigerians that he doesn't have?? If he's overwhelmed by the magnitude of the task, why not simply throw in the towel and let the country move forward??

I've never seen this level of incompetence in my life!!
What has he done withe 1bn loan. I guess buy rice to share
What's his priority as president PDP/Nat security
1:Mr. President lose Mubi &keeps quiet,
no emergency meeting,no emergency call to CDC, IGP & DSS BOSS nothing changed & No statement from the Aso rock

2: PDP loses the speaker of the house of reps to the opposition & all hell brake loose. He called emergency meetings with PDP chairmen, governors, members of Nass & acts by removing Tambuwal's security details. He called IGP, AGF, SANS & many more.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by pendicle: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
Arch1:

My brother, it is really a f.ucking situation when your supposed commander in chief has not deemed it fit and necessary to visit the boys who are laying down their lives to keep the nation safe and squaring up with this murderous shekau and his gang.

But he is quick to put on ceremonial 5star general rig at every militay functions believing the role of a c-in-c is just to show off for camera ops.

The boys are complaining of being illequipped and shortchanged by their commanders which glaringly is the reason for the low morale of the foot soldiers and a good c-in-c should know a visit to the front yo assure the boys that their complain will be looked into and actions taken against any erring officer. Rather he is showing off his pdp membership card and holding meeting to remove tsmbuwal.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by atlwireles: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Arch1:

So the country being at war is Jonathan's only problem. Some people can chew gum and walk at the same time. There are pirates in the Nigerdelta, robberies somewhere in the west today, car theft/accidents in east, you name it, its happening somewhere in Nigeria as we speak.. Yet, your APC has decided to make Nigeria's politics a hell hole. Actions and reactions are equal and opposite. Tambawal fired the first shot, he forgot Nigeria was at war with boko haram in the Northeast undecided, abi you want one side to sit and allow a bunch of political bastarddds calling themselves APC run this country into the bush? No, let's set this place on fire, is that not what you people want. Thereafter, the losers will count their losses.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by drnoel: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
philips70:

Not really. It's an evolving movie. Watch as it unfolds but know that Tumbuwal is out and APC can't do a thing.
Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by bappahman: 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
What is mr. president no 1 priority between National security and PDP security?

1:Mr. President lose Mubi &keeps quiet,
no emergency meeting,no emergency call to CDC, IGP & DSS BOSS nothing changed & No statement from Aso rock

2: PDP loses the speaker of the house of reps to the opposition & all hell brake loose. He called emergency meetings with PDP chairmen, governors, members of Nass & acts by removing Tambuwal's security details. He called IGP, AGF, SANS & many more.

APC BBM Channel Pin: C00462FB9
www.pin.bbm.com/C00462FB9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
God please I can't wait for February to come for Nigerians to kick the otuoke clueless dunce out of Aso Rock. This desperation and madness has got to stop.

angry

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Insists Tambuwal Should Be Removed by philips70(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
drnoel:

Not really. It's an evolving movie. Watch as it unfolds but know that Tumbuwal is out and APC can't do a thing.

Out of where? Are you sure you are in this country at all? Thank God we still have some God fearing members of the bench who still believe stealing and collection of bribes are corruption and will not collect money to subvert the law. In any case find time to be watching your TV where you can get reliable information and not rely only on Nairaland which is filled with liars and political conmen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

25000 PDP Members In RIVERS State Defect To APC. / See What Is Coming Up In A Rural Community Of Umuchukwu Anambra State! / Buhari Is Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.