Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,741 members, 7,802,255 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? (5431 Views)

When You Eat Too Much Salt...read This / Ten Reasons Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Indomie / Eat Your Bananas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 3:36am On Nov 04, 2014
debdave:

Lol...yes. Plus other things join.
Other things like orange seed nd back? grin
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 3:37am On Nov 04, 2014
eightsin:
That I heard... how true, I'd don't know. we need scientific proof
Exactly, the reason I placed this in d health section z to check if I could get some advice from d doctors in dz section
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by moststylish(m): 6:12am On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

Hmmmm... Have really learnt something new today!! The back ke?? But it would be bitter na
wen u eat both the inside and the outside together u will out its tasty and not bitter,try not to eat only the outside
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

Other things like orange seed nd back? grin
Lmao!.....orange seed and back bawo?!.... grin. Orange..yes. Back/seed..m'ba nu...lol.
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Sijo01(f): 6:15am On Nov 04, 2014
I eat everything; the flesh, seed & back.
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by lillyjane(f): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2014
What water melon seed can do for you.

While the sweet and delicious watermelon is brimming with sustenance and nutrition, little did you realize that the seeds of this grown foods are additionally valuable.

A rich source of iron, potassium, and vitamins, these seeds are incredible for your wellbeing, skin and hair. Along these lines, bite on the watermelon seeds or utilize their oil, whenever you glut on this soil rich grown foods.

Useful for your heart:
A rich source of magnesium, the seeds help in keeping up typical heart working, circulatory strain and help metabolic courses of action. They can likewise treat cardiovascular sicknesses and hypertension.

Control diabetes:
Heating up a hand sized scoop of watermelon seeds in water and drinking this fluid consistently like tea is said to control your glucose levels.

Acts as a skin moisturizer:
Containing unsaturated fats, the seeds help keeping your skin saturated.

Read more here http://www..com/what-watermelon-seeds-can-do-for-you
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2014
moststylish:
wen u eat both the inside and the outside together u will out its tasty and not bitter,try not to eat only the outside
Hmmmmm... M quite not sure I'm ready to eat that!!
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 7:07am On Nov 04, 2014
Sijo01:
I eat everything; the flesh, seed & back.
Ehen!! Is that so?
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 7:08am On Nov 04, 2014
debdave:

Lmao!.....orange seed and back bawo?!.... grin. Orange..yes. Back/seed..m'ba nu...lol.
Hahaha... Shebi na all of them make up d fruit!! You suppose eat all just like water melon na
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Godmother(f): 7:09am On Nov 04, 2014
Watermelon is one fruit that is high in both food and water content. The seed also contains proteins and minerals(zinc and manganese). Although I can't bring myself to chew this this except by mistake, but its very rich.

Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/24243-health-benefits-watermelon-seeds/
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 7:13am On Nov 04, 2014
lillyjane:
What water melon seed can do for you.

While the sweet and delicious watermelon is brimming with sustenance and nutrition, little did you realize that the seeds of this grown foods are additionally valuable.

A rich source of iron, potassium, and vitamins, these seeds are incredible for your wellbeing, skin and hair. Along these lines, bite on the watermelon seeds or utilize their oil, whenever you glut on this soil rich grown foods.

Useful for your heart:
A rich source of magnesium, the seeds help in keeping up typical heart working, circulatory strain and help metabolic courses of action. They can likewise treat cardiovascular sicknesses and hypertension.

Control diabetes:
Heating up a hand sized scoop of watermelon seeds in water and drinking this fluid consistently like tea is said to control your glucose levels.

Acts as a skin moisturizer:
Containing unsaturated fats, the seeds help keeping your skin saturated.

Read more here http://www..com/what-watermelon-seeds-can-do-for-you
Chei... So dz z what I've been missing??
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 7:16am On Nov 04, 2014
Godmother:
Watermelon is one fruit that is high in both food and water content. The seed also contains proteins and minerals(zinc and manganese). Although I can't bring myself to chew this this except by mistake, but its very rich.

Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/24243-health-benefits-watermelon-seeds/
If you can't chew it, why should I?
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Sijo01(f): 7:18am On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

Ehen!! Is that so?

Yes sir, it is so.
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Godmother(f): 7:24am On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

If you can't chew it, why should I?

Because we are not twins and our bodies don't need the same nutrients grin
Anyways, me I'm working up the heart to start chewing o. I don't want to continue missing
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 7:27am On Nov 04, 2014
Sijo01:

Yes sir, it is so.
I never get that kind liver..
BTW, na watermelon seed nd back make ya hubby dey smile like that?
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 7:31am On Nov 04, 2014
Godmother:

Because we are not twins and our bodies don't need the same nutrients grin
Anyways, me I'm working up the heart to start chewing o. I don't want to continue missing
If you are this fresh nd good looking without water melon seed, I wonder how you would look like when you start chewing!! Agbani Darego Tinz!

It was just yesterday I realized M missing something sef..
If I dare chew by mistake, I would pour out everything in my mouth

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 04, 2014
debdave:

grin.. Yes. Vanilla flavour..to be precise.
hmmmm
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Godmother(f): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

If you are this fresh nd good looking without water melon seed, I wonder how you would look like when you start chewing!! Agbani Darego Tinz!

It was just yesterday I realized M missing something sef..
If I dare chew by mistake, I would pour out everything in my mouth

Thanx for the compliment.
As to your vomiting if you chew watermelon seed I doubt that o. See with time you will get used to it . The first day I tasted watermelon (not the seed o) I almost vomited. Now its my favourite fruit. I know if I put my mind to it I will also come to love the seed. Same way I know you can too.
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2014
Godmother:

Thanx for the compliment.
As to your vomiting if you chew watermelon seed I doubt that o. See with time you will get used to it . The first day I tasted watermelon (not the seed o) I almost vomited. Now its my favourite fruit. I know if I put my mind to it I will also come to love the seed. Same way I know you can too.
With all you just said, all hope z not lost for me..
M definitely gonna get watermelon today!! Just hope I won't get irritated by the seed

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Sijo01(f): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

I never get that kind liver..
BTW, na watermelon seed nd back make ya hubby dey smile like that?

Give it a try, you will enjoy it.
@your question, that's my big bro. It's a siblings pic.
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2014
Sijo01:

Give it a try, you will enjoy it.
@your question, that's my big bro. It's a siblings pic.
Okay.. I see.. Cool pix
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 9:31am On Nov 04, 2014
Mods FP pls.. Need more people's opinion
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

Hahaha... Shebi na all of them make up d fruit!! You suppose eat all just like water melon na
Haba!... For wetin nah. grin
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
samflexx:

hmmmm
Wetin u dey "hmmm" for?.
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
debdave:

Haba!... For wetin nah. grin
Lol.. For nutrients sake.. No peel am, just dey chop am like guava!! grin grin
On a serious note, I think M gonna start with d seed before considering d back... Heard the seed is actually tasteless!
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

Lol.. For nutrients sake.. No peel am, just dey chop am like guava!! grin grin
On a serious note, I think M gonna start with d seed before considering d back... Heard the seed is actually tasteless!
Alright. After all-one step at a time.
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Mention(m): 7:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
debdave:

Alright. After all-one step at a time.
Thanks so much
Re: Do You Eat Your Water Melon Seeds? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mention:

Thanks so much
You're welcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Itel And Amatem Softgel Distribute Relief Materials For World Malaria Day 2022 / COVID-19 Update For July 25 2021 In Nigeria / Harmorrhoids Of 1 Year Cured-Cure yours NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.