Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,441 members, 7,781,290 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:50 AM

Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) (3850 Views)

Easy Tips To Setup A Football Viewing Centre In Nigeria / Is N50,000 Enough To Startup A Barbing Saloon? / What Small Business Can 300k To Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Good evening all, I got a job recently and moved to ibadan and as a youngman who understand that another stream of income is important if one is to obtain financial freedom. With this mindset, i have been looking for a business one can be doing here why working ( pls u can suggest if u knw).
Viewin centre readily comes to ma mind and here is where i need you guys on the analysis of what it takes to run it perfectly. I bliv as a graduate, d essence of going to sch is to make us do things differently from mediocres. The 300k is not available (intend borrowing from ma bank). but am lookin at d viability if one can invest such amount of money.
Ma bosses, abeg i need una opinion and help. wetin be the things wey person go need do to excel. E se pupo oo
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Eggcelent(m): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Nice idea. First thing to consider is which area of the City will the center be located? And what social class is your target audience from? For example, if the viewing center is to be located at Eleyele, the set-up & audience will be different from situating it at New Bodija. These (location & class of customers) will determine what you will put in place. While I was residing at Iyaganku GRA about 5 years back, to view a match at Joyce B hotel cost #100, while another place nearby was charging much less. Difference was the environment. Joyce B had a 42" flat screen TV, A.C. facilities & comfortable single seats. These reflected in the price. Hope you get my drift. Success.
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 9:00am On Nov 04, 2014
Eggcelent:
Nice idea. First thing to consider is which area of the City will the center be located? And what social class is your target audience from? For example, if the viewing center is to be located at Eleyele, the set-up & audience will be different from situating it at New Bodija. These (location & class of customers) will determine what you will put in place. While I was residing at Iyaganku GRA about 5 years back, to view a match at Joyce B hotel cost #100, while another place nearby was charging much less. Difference was the environment. Joyce B had a 42" flat screen TV, A.C. facilities & comfortable single seats. These reflected in the price. Hope you get my drift. Success.
Thnks for this bro.
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
Do you have a land in place?
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by 100Cents: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
rationalmind:
Do you have a land in place?

Got no land..
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
100Cents:
Requirements : Empty land, Zinc Batcher, DSTV connection, Flat screen Television, benches.

One can also rent an abandoned warehouse.

It is a sure money spinner but can start off on a lower budget of N200k.

Find an environment where such is lacking and is needed..

Please do not borrow for a start up. The pressure will be much on you to repay. Remember the interest factor.
Thnks bro for the breakup sir. I wil find s means without borrowing. Are u into the biz sir?
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
Jamieb:

Got no land..

300K should be enough if you're to get the land on lease considering that the location is ib.

I can get you the quotation of a part, the dstv and tvs since its what I'm into. I'll also give you tips on what you can do differently from others.

A carpenter should be able to give an estimate of building it- I'm not one tongue

I'll be back with the quotation. Wanna draft it.
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by 100Cents: 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
Jamieb:

Thnks bro for the breakup sir. I wil find s means without borrowing. Are u into the biz sir?

I am into every kind of business.

Unless I have not thought of it..
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
rationalmind:

300K should be enough if you're to get the land on lease considering that the location is ib.

I can get you the quotation of a part, the dstv and tvs since its what I'm into. I'll also give you tips on what you can do differently from others.

A carpenter should be able to give an estimate of building it- I'm not one tongue

I'll be back with the quotation. Wanna draft it.
thnks sir. waitin for ur brkup of the quota
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Jamieb:

thnks sir. waitin for ur brkup of the quota

You will need to get two LCD Tvs. The last one we bought for one of our clients at shop rite Lekki cost 43,000 naira. It's 32 inches. You can consider getting fairly used considering your capital. You should get them between 10, 15 and 20,000 naira. But then, remember it has its downsides.

You also need two dstv decoders. Both of them will be linked together so you can use one account on it. One will serve as primary while the other, secondary. A dstv extra view decoder with the dish costs 15,500. The other that'll serve as secondary costs 13,500. You'll also need to get a roll of cable. It costs between 1500 and 2000 naira. Your installer will charge 5000 naira. The total is 36,000 naira.

You will also need to get a 1.5 KVA blue gate ups. It costs 12,500 naira. It'll prevent your decoders from re scanning anytime there's outage.

In essence, if you're to use fairly used TVs, 90,000 naira should do.

The good thing about the business is, it has few recurrent expenses. The major one is fuelling your generator and of course, dstv subscription which by the way is once a month.

What's the minimum number of viewers you expect per match?

4 Likes

Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2014
rationalmind:

You will need to get two LCD Tvs. The last one we bought for one of our clients at shop rite Lekki cost 43,000 naira. It's 32 inches. You can consider getting fairly used considering your capital. You should get them between 10, 15 and 20,000 naira. But then, remember it has its downsides.

You also need two dstv decoders. Both of them will be linked together so you can use one account on it. One will serve as primary while the other, secondary. A dstv extra view decoder with the dish costs 15,500. The other that'll serve as secondary costs 13,500. You'll also need to get a roll of cable. It costs between 1500 and 2000 naira. Your installer will charge 5000 naira. The total is 36,000 naira.

You will also need to get a 1.5 KVA blue gate ups. It costs 12,500 naira. It'll prevent your decoders from re scanning anytime there's outage.

In essence, if you're to use fairly used TVs, 90,000 naira should do.

The good thing about the business is, it has few recurrent expenses. The major one is fuelling your generator and of course, dstv subscription which by the way is once a month.

What's the minimum number of viewers you expect per match?
Boss am sorry for being away for so long. I am expecting 150 to 200 people. am also planning of printing a tag to identity those that paid band those who haven't paid. There will be a VIP section
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
Jamieb:

Boss am sorry for being away for so long. I am expecting 150 to 200 people. am also planning of printing a tag to identity those that paid band those who haven't paid. There will be a VIP section

No prob bro. There are times when we've all been away for one reason or the other. There's more to life than just surfing nairaland.

I think the introduction of tickets will be a better option. Everyone who pays will be given a ticket which will act as a form of identification. Each ticket will be torn at the edge as you move round during matches.

The major reason why I think tickets will be better is because it affords you the opportunity of tying people down.

What I mean is, you can introduce the sales of tickets in bulk. Say ten, twenty or thirty tickets at 10 percent discount.

As an example, assuming a ticket costs 100 naira, MR A who buys a bulk of ten tickets will pay 900 naira.

During that time when Mr A has outstanding tickets with you, he can't go elsewhere to watch matches. More so, knowing he has tickets with which he'll watch "free" matches, he'll most likely have the propensity to watch more matches than he would normally watch which translates to more profit for you.

The obvious disadvantage of this method is the cost of producing tickets as well as the stress of keeping records.

I however strongly believe that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

3 Likes

Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by koredex4love(m): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
@OP,I love your spirit and I pray God will make everyone of us smile.I have no idea on the biz,but I have a brotherly advice for you! DON'T TAKE BANK LOANOOOOO.......HMMMMMNNNN.23.95Percent is not a joking matterooo.I am telling you this from a personal experience ooo.
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 11:09am On Dec 02, 2014
rationalmind:

No prob bro. There are times when we've all been away for one reason or the other. There's more to life than just surfing nairaland.

I think the introduction of tickets will be a better option. Everyone who pays will be given a ticket which will act as a form of identification. Each ticket will be torn at the edge as you move round during matches.

The major reason why I think tickets will be better is because it affords you the opportunity of tying people down.

What I mean is, you can introduce the sales of tickets in bulk. Say ten, twenty or thirty tickets at 10 percent discount.

As an example, assuming a ticket costs 100 naira, MR A who buys a bulk of ten tickets will pay 900 naira.

During that time when Mr A has outstanding tickets with you, he can't go elsewhere to watch matches. More so, knowing he has tickets with which he'll watch "free" matches, he'll most likely have the propensity to watch more matches than he would normally watch which translates to more profit for you.

The obvious disadvantage of this method is the cost of producing tickets as well as the stress of keeping records.

I however strongly believe that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
Thanks a lot sir, you have actually helped me even more than people that I see their physical present. The Ticket isn't going to be expensive. Is just going to be printed in an A4 Paper which will be on ma system their fore according me the chance to always reprint. I love that part where you stress that I can always tie people down. Thanks Brother
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2014
koredex4love:
@OP,I love your spirit and I pray God will make everyone of us smile.I have no idea on the biz,but I have a brotherly advice for you! DON'T TAKE BANK LOANOOOOO.......HMMMMMNNNN.23.95Percent is not a joking matterooo.I am telling you this from a personal experience ooo.
Thanks a lot sir. I Neva new bank loan attracts such whooping interest rate.
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by slightlyMad(f): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
bros, people no longer patronize viewing centres, they visit beer palours where they get to buy just a bottle of beer and sip all through 90 mins

1 Like

Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by Jamieb(m): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
slightlyMad:
bros, people no longer patronize viewing centres, they visit beer palours where they get to buy just a bottle of beer and sip all through 90 mins
I totally disagree with u. May b That's your hood where there are a lot of chain smokers and drunks.

1 Like

Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by joeyreports: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2019
How to start A Football Viewing Center In Nigeria... https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/football-viewing-center/
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by eyizza(m): 9:18pm On May 17, 2020
Guys pls how lucrative this business is today? I'm actually planning to set up a viewing center. But before I commit my fund or invest on this business, I seriously seek your candid advise please. Thank you all.
Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by haon: 11:59pm On May 17, 2020
I hope this is of help.
A Person with a rich mindset will think of how to multiply the money. While the average man who gets a million or below will think of upgrading his lifestyle. One key thing about the rich that keeps them rich is that they keep investing. It’s what I would like to call; “the rich mindset”.
I will be showing you 15 businesses you can start with 500 thousand naira in Nigeria.
(1)car wash

(2)Sports Betting

(3)POS business

(4)football viewing center

(5)Game center

(6)event rental equipment
The full details of the businesses are in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdoIj3q1c08

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 300k Startup A Football Viewing Centre?. (your Investment Advice Please) by drmikeadams(m): 12:18am On May 18, 2020
eyizza:
Guys pls how lucrative this business is today? I'm actually planning to set up a viewing center. But before I commit my fund or invest on this business, I seriously seek your candid advise please. Thank you all.

Well most bet9ja shops dey show free football matches

(1) (Reply)

CUSTOMER CARE: Nairaomm - Buy/sell Perfectmoney, Paypal, Bitcoins, Payoner, NT / Digital Marketing Strategy To Take Your Business To Next Level / Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.