Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Much Ado About American Interest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Much Ado About American Interest (1100 Views)

What Fayose Wore To Visit Ewi Of Ado-Ekiti (Photo) / New NNPC Boss, Any American Interest? / Fayose Pictured At Ado Chicken Republic Eating Meat (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Much Ado About American Interest by alolatee(m): 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
It is a common phenomenon for all US presidents to consider the gain accruing to America in joining a war or fighting for liberation in any part of the world.Statements like what does America has to gain in this fight or what will American ntervention has to gain in the internal crisis of a nation/state economically.The war in Iraq some believe yielded Oil contracts for Iraqi security forces as some of the gains America had to gain.The Liberian war which ended a decade ago also yielded more military hardwae purchases from American companies for the for the Liberian security forces.Put simply, America does not intervene where its political and economic interest are not protected, assured and guaranteed.This 'Tortoise foreign Relation' is what line Nigeria are want to thread.Nigeria and Nigerians complain we are not respected in Africa and beyond despite our influence, support, intervention which are known and acknowledged worldwide and within the African continent.I think we should wise up and rather play our big brother parts purely on humanitarian and love as preached by the Holy books and turn from the American norm of giving to earn respect.
What do you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Much Ado About American Interest by Raiders: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
How is Nigeria consider a big brother in Africa? Nigeria is the most hated African country. Go to Facebook and see the comment made by other Africans against Nigerians. We have our own problem in Nigeria and we should fix them and stop worrying about US role in other African countries
Re: Much Ado About American Interest by eunisam: 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
If you are able to identify and itemise 5 American foreign policies,you will an answer to your questions.
Re: Much Ado About American Interest by alolatee(m): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
How is Nigeria consider a big brother in Africa? Nigeria is the most hated African country. Go to Facebook and see the comment made by other Africans against Nigerians. We have our own problem in Nigeria and we should fix them and stop worrying about US role in other African countries

[/quote
u probably derailed from the thread.Nigeria has restored peace to some African countries and whenever it should be respected it is like those countries never appreciate its efforts.The point i raised in the far end of my write up is that we should play our part purely on Humanitarian and Love for our fellow men and not copy th general American belief of 'American Interest'.thanks anyway.
Re: Much Ado About American Interest by alolatee(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
eunisam If you are able to identify and itemise 5 American foreign policies,you will an answer to your questions.
[/quote]
i may not be in a position to name all five of American foreign policies but based on what i said, American interest is centre to all its foreign policy objectives

1 Like

Re: Much Ado About American Interest by Raiders: 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
alolatee:

[/quote
u probably derailed from the thread.Nigeria has restored peace to some African countries and whenever it should be respected it is like those countries never appreciate its efforts.The point i raised in the far end of my write up is that we should play our part purely on Humanitarian and Love for our fellow men and not copy th general American belief of 'American Interest'.thanks anyway.
there is nothing wrong in America trying to protect its interest at the expense of other countries. They are the world only super power and their interest comes first. I don't really blame them because any country will behave like America if they are the world surper power

1 Like

Re: Much Ado About American Interest by black247: 12:46am On Nov 07, 2014
alolatee:
It is a common phenomenon for all US presidents to consider the gain accruing to America in joining a war or fighting for liberation in any part of the world.Statements like what does America has to gain in this fight or what will American ntervention has to gain in the internal crisis of a nation/state economically.The war in Iraq some believe yielded Oil contracts for Iraqi security forces as some of the gains America had to gain.The Liberian war which ended a decade ago also yielded more military hardwae purchases from American companies for the for the Liberian security forces.Put simply, America does not intervene where its political and economic interest are not protected, assured and guaranteed.This 'Tortoise foreign Relation' is what line Nigeria are want to thread.Nigeria and Nigerians complain we are not respected in Africa and beyond despite our influence, support, intervention which are known and acknowledged worldwide and within the African continent.I think we should wise up and rather play our big brother parts purely on humanitarian and love as preached by the Holy books and turn from the American norm of giving to earn respect.
What do you think?

I actually believe that the actions proposed above would illustrate that we truly were leaders!
Re: Much Ado About American Interest by alolatee(m): 7:10am On Nov 08, 2014
I actually believe that the actions proposed above would illustrate that we truly were leaders!

[/quote]
thank u my friend.how will u help people and want it back when the person is a little bit comfortable....we should help purely on humanitarian service and love for our fellow human being.
Re: Much Ado About American Interest by alolatee(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Raiders:
there is nothing wrong in America trying to protect its interest at the expense of other countries. They are the world only super power and their interest comes first. I don't really blame them because any country will behave like America if they are the world surper power

in addition bro, am not a hater of America.They are a model of development though their foreign policy as enumerated in my write-up is what am against.Humanitarian and Love for fellow human being shouuld precede all other human gain in foreign relation..those are my thoughts though.

(1) (Reply)

200 Girls Married Off, Time To Bombard Sambisa Forest. What Do You Think? / Buhari’s Records And Words Are Enough- Kayode Ojo / Speaking Out Against Boko Haram And The Fleeing Nigeria Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.