Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. (3061 Views)

Place Your Kids Ahead Technologically. This Tablet Has Over 70 Educational Apps / How Do I Use Etisalat Bis To Browse In My System Or Tablet? / How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
So, I bought a Doogee DG-310 smartphone recently, and while I'm impressed by this cheap phone's sturdiness and solid design and satisfying overall performance, I can't seem to get past the fact that, apart from the fact that my social apps (Facebook messenger, Whatsapp, Yahoo messenger and Blackberry Messenger) give off a sound alert to notify me of one thing or the other, my phone doesn't follow up with an accompanying LED light blink-which is normal on many other phones. So, I did some digging, and I came up ith the following results.
Links to the original sites have been included as well. If you are here, it should be because your phone, phablet or tablet doesn't have LED notifications, so, let's read on. If your phone does have LED notification, you don't need to be here or drop any insulting comments or derail the thread, so you can hang around to learn a thing or two, or you can take your leave.
Thanks.

http://www.greenbot.com/article/2109782/customize-android-notification-alerts-even-without-a-dedicated-light.html

Customize Android notification alerts, even without a dedicated light

Last week, we showed you how to take control of your Android phone’s notification light, using an app to force it to blink pretty, custom-coded colors.

But what if your device has no light? Android devices come in many (many, many) different forms, and not all of them are blessed with a customizable LED light for your notification alerts. And that’s too bad, because silent, inconspicuous custom notifications are very useful (especially if you’re trying to discreetly check your phone during a boring meeting).

Good news: Because this is Android, not iOS or Windows Phone, there’s a workaround. Several, actually. You can get customized notifications without a flashy little light on the front of your device thanks to these three apps.

NoLED

NoLED is a free notification app that serves up LED-like notifications on phones and tablets that have – wait for it – no LED. This app displays notifications as small colored dots or icons against a black screen. Although the screen is technically on, only the dots or icons are lit up, so the app won’t totally decimate your battery life if you have an OLED display (where only lit-up pixels really draw power).
noled notification

A little dot on your otherwise black screen can serve as a faux-LED notification alert.

NoLED lets you set custom notifications for missed calls, texts, voice mail, battery life, and third-party apps. If you’re looking for a true LED experience, I suggest going with the colored dots – the first time I used NoLED on my Galaxy Note II, I thought the pink dot was actually coming from its LED. The dots don’t blink like your LED will, but they do bounce around every few seconds to ensure that no one pixel will be overused and eventually burn out.

NoLED lets you set different alert settings for individual functions and apps.

NoLED also features icon notifications, which are helpful for people who prefer not to decipher a complex colored dot code. The app will even pull icons from third-party apps, including games, to display on your otherwise blank screen. If you don’t like NoLED’s default icon set, you can download additional themes from the developer’s website (or perhaps create your own).

Flash Notification 2
Your device may not have an LED notification light, but it’s probably got another light: A camera flash. Flash Notification 2 is a free app that co-opts your camera flash for alerts. They’re not exactly discreet, but they are silent.

Flash Notification 2 lets you set up custom notifications for incoming and missed calls, text messages, and third-party apps. It’s fully customizable, which means you can set flash frequency (1–20 flashes per second) for different notifications. For example, an incoming call might be set to 4 flashes per second, while a missed text message might be set to 13 flashes. The app also lets you set screen flashes too, in case your phone is face-up when a notification comes in. Screen flashes can be customized by color and flash frequency, so you can identify different types of notifications.
Be careful how you set Flash Notification 2’s settings. Your camera flash isn’t discreet!

Flashing your camera or screen doesn’t provide the most discreet form of alert—camera flashes are bright and, well, flashy. But if you’re interested in a flashing light and your device has no front LED, this is basically your only option. Because flash notifications are pretty obnoxious, the app offers a “working time” feature, which lets you define times when the notifications won’t work (for example, when you’re sleeping).

DynamicNotifications
While NoLED turns your screen on discreetly to display a small dot, DynamicNotifications takes a different approach. This free app (with a paid option) turns on your screen to display a larger icon, the time, and a custom background image, if you like.

DynamicNotifications is as discreet or as indiscreet as you want it to be. In its default setting, the app lights up your screen with each new notification icon against a black background. Upon seeing each notification, you can choose to swipe to the left to open the app, swipe to the right to unlock your device, or swipe down to dismiss the notification. Unlike other notification apps, DynamicNotifications allows you to take action right away, just in case that email absolutely cannot wait.

DynamicNotifications lights up your screen and lets you take action on a notification immediately.

It’s very customizable, but you have to pay for it. You can customize the background image, the text and icon colors, and even edit the swipe actions, provided you purchase the premium version for $2. While this customization is nice, it makes the app more of a lock screen replacement app rather than a pure notification alert app. Instead of just discreetly alerting you to missed text messages, DynamicNotification encourages you to take action (whether that’s to answer or dismiss it).

To really customize DynamicNotifications, you have to pay $2 for the premium version.

The app does have a built-in power-saving feature: your phone won’t light up when it’s in your pocket or face-down on the table, but it doesn’t constantly display a new notification alert like NoLED does. DynamicNotification is perhaps most convenient for ultra-important notifications, whether or not your phone has a built-in LED notification light.

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by peawizzy(f): 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
This is really nice. You downloaded it from Google play right?

1 Like

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
peawizzy:
This is really nice. You downloaded it from Google play right?
Yeah, you can download any of those 3 apps from Google play, but the last one is a paid app.
Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
Don't know how to edit this thread yet, but I will modify it in due course....lol. I created it so that I can drop some simple articles and Playstore applications that can help us achieve some, hitherto, inaccessible features on our phone, either due to software or hardware limitations.

Here's a Call recorder that's free and achieves a whole lot.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boldbeast.recorder&hl=en
Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by peawizzy(f): 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
seyithug:

Yeah, you can download any of those 3 apps from Google play, but the last one is a paid app.
The first one‘s preferrable. To me though.

1 Like

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
seyithug:
Don't know how to edit this thread yet, but I will modify it in due course....lol. I created it so that I can drop some simple articles and Playstore applications that can help us achieve some, hitherto, inaccessible features on our phone, either due to software or hardware limitations.

Here's a Call recorder that's free and achieves a whole lot.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boldbeast.recorder&hl=en
dude does the voyager2 support portable mobile hotspot?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by peawizzy(f): 11:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
nvnnyz:

yes, it does.

1 Like

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 11:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
nvnnyz:

It does. I'm browsing with the mobile hotspot shared to my laptop now, using Glo's 3GB bis and IMEI tweak. Also, you can order the phone from here, www.nairaland.com/1795328/pre-order-2.0-cheapest-pre-order, for N12,700 and full accessories.
Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 11:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
peawizzy:
The first one‘s preferrable. To me though.
That's what I intend to use too. NoLed. Looks nicest.

Here's the link to understand and set-up NoLed. http://www.devasque.com/noled/
Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 04, 2014
seyithug:

It does. I'm browsing with the mobile hotspot shared to my laptop now, using Glo's 3GB bis and IMEI tweak. Also, you can order the phone from here, www.nairaland.com/1795328/pre-order-2.0-cheapest-pre-order, for N12,700 and full accessories.

I need it b4 the week ends, how do I purchase

1 Like

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 11:33am On Nov 04, 2014
nvnnyz:

I need it b4 the week ends, how do I purchase
You can't have it before the week ends. It's on pre-order basis. You need to pay for it and then wait for 4 to 10 days. Visit the link I posted earlier, to place an order.
Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
I've paid and tso has confirmed the receipt.. one week now seems too long to wait lol

1 Like

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
nvnnyz:
I've paid and tso has confirmed the receipt.. one week now seems too long to wait lol
Lol. That's how I felt too. But, it would come, eventually. Just relax. hehehehehe. We'll gladly welcome you to the club. The phone is well worth the wait. Get the Innjoo 10000mah powerbank @2k+450 delivery fee from Julia or it's agents , or order for an extra Doogee Voyager 2 battery from.TSO. YOU won't regret it.
Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
Screen shots of NoLed on my Doogee DG-310.

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2014
I just downloaded Led Actor. While it doesn't have an option to use default icons, like No Led does, it's a great alternative, from my own experience of both apps. the NoLED appeared a bit buggy to me, anyway. It was acting more like a screen saver app, and it displayed inconsistent notification information.
LED Actor displays only a missed call or message icon with intermittent flashing lights on your entire screen. And users can define what colors should be flashed for each notification. Great application.

1 Like

Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by success9(m): 12:05pm On May 01, 2016
seyithug:

good day seyithug. I saw u made mention somewhere that you bought the doogee voyager ii battery. Pls, how can i get this battery? I need it now.

Thanks
Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by seyithug(m): 1:21am On May 19, 2016
success9:

good day seyithug. I saw u made mention somewhere that you bought the doogee voyager ii battery. Pls, how can i get this battery? I need it now.

Thanks
You can contact @elijahdre, I'm sure he can help.
Re: Your Android phone Or Tablet Has No built-in LED Notifications? Android tweaks. by success9(m): 12:51am On May 20, 2016
elijahdre, please i need d doogee voyager 2 battery, how can i get it?

seyithug:

You can contact @elijahdre, I'm sure he can help.

(1) (Reply)

HP MINI From USA For 23k. Looks Like New / New and USA Used Google Pixel 2 XL, 3 and 3XL @ A Good Price / Where Can I Repair My Series 3(42mm) Iwatch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.