Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 (25471 Views)

Jiayu F2 4G LTE Phone Personal Review / Tecno M5(my Personal Review / The HTC One Android Smartphone - Full Specification And Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Gerrard59(m): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
The most beautifully designed android in the market. Rare to see around, the Apple of Android.

I have been looking for an android to buy all these while, thought of GS4,LG G2, SONY XPERIA Z1,Z1c, even thought of the One M7. finally LAID MY HANDS ON THIS MACHINE (as Nigerians will call high end phones).

Straight to the review, am no GSMarena. The main basics.

THE BATTERY
ONE_M8 comes with 2600 amah, 300 more than its younger sibling . The battery during my use last quite very well, I am not your heavy user as I don't have nor play games, videos on the phone. I am strictly browsing, which is where the phone is quite poor according to my standard, besides where I reside, there is light at 20 hours a day. Non-removable, which for me is acceptable, as I rarely and I don't like removing the battery of my phone. (It signifies laggy things). Good enough , at least it helps you avoid carrying powershits around. Make sure to turn on the Power saver.

9/10

AUDIO

The best and only audio ranking phone in the world, comes in-built with BOOMSOUND effects, so LOUD, CLEAR, FLIUD, CRYSTAL, the only phone that made me to use its earpiece . Even a deaf man will regain its hearing kept aside this beautiful creature the front facing speakers are louder than the Xperia's, Galaxies, G2/G3, the Iphone whistles when placed near it.

If you want to get an android specifically for music, audio; this is it.

10/10

Design/Construction

It screams Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All aluminum expect the sides that concern the volume controls. A beauty to behold, the ONLY Droid that comes close is the Xperia's, the plastics Galaxies are no where to be found, even if you use torch light, you won't still sight them talk more seeing them. Walking round school, dudes and gals looking at the phone with some even gasping. To quote one guy, " I have seen many android phones, but this is the most Beautiful I set my eyes on". For me, if this phone were a lady, I would have proposed.

10/10

CAMERA

This is where the phone "fall" hand, mere taking a picture , even an android tyro would know that the camera is worth the phone. Forget all the grammar of Duo effects, the primary camera no be am. The selfie rear is worth it, 5MP, I would say the front takes better than the back.
If you like taking pictures, don't go near this phone. As for me, only thrice I have used it.

5/10

SPEED/PROCESSOR
Fast, Fluid, No hanging, No time to waste time so says the phone, SnapDragon 801. No added apps like Samsung would do and take half the memory space. Just the basics and that's all. Sense 6 is sweet like a lollipop . Think Bolt's speed, think sense 6.

10/10

DISPLAY

5.0 incher. Perfect for browsing, videos, pictures viewing, games player and a lots more. But quite large when compared to its mates esp. G3, G2.
Once again, pardon me, but the audio, speakers are just too wonderful.
The software updates comes with Split camera(take pics using both cams simultaneously),HTC branded torchlight, EYE effects, etc but I would advise for one to just download the 4.4.3 and wait for lollipop 5.0. Jump and pass 4.4.4.

Comes with 16 GB/32GB, 10GB left after software, 25GB . Far better compared to Samsung 8GB. Touchwiz is rubbish.
That's my little review of the HTC_ONE M8==ONE AND ONE ONLY

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Gerrard59(m): 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
More...

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Gerrard59(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
We are only three that own HTC in school. Rarity in display. I and Two M7.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by mrbillz(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Not a bad phone tho...value for money at least. Rocking ma Note II anyways. all day long without charging still dey kampe 3100mah

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by xtervaganza(m): 11:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
Are you making an htc review or yabbing Samsung?

You made your choice by purchasing htc which is a fantastic phone, no need to prove yourself right again by mentioning samsung much more than htc in your review.

Good phone I must say. But the Samsung you keep yabbing made android really popular

17 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by luvlyoracle(m): 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kul cool

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Gerrard59(m): 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
^^^

This phone junior won GSM mobile World Congress as the best. If not for poor marketing where will Sammy and it's follow follow for yansh, LG? The most beautiful and loudest Android phone in the World. Google made Android popular not a company that made a loss in Q3 selling plastics

5 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by TDonald: 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
OP Ur father...... Those imbeciles who just quoted me will die a painful death

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Gerrard59(m): 11:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
The Rantings of a poor Man.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by francis247(m): 4:19am On Nov 04, 2014
Gerrard59:
^^^

This phone junior won GSM mobile World Congress as the best. If not for poor marketing where will Sammy and it's follow follow for yansh, LG? The most beautiful and loudest Android phone in the World. Google made Android popular not a company that made a loss in Q3 selling plastics
It's The same loss other OEMS on the android platform including HTC have been recording on a yearly basis that Samsung recorded for the very first time. Just Admit that you crossed the line dissing Samsung in a review, not even a comparison. LMAO @ poor marketing. At least you admit that HTC is no match 4 Samsung in one aspect.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 04, 2014
You want to make it a fanboy argument now?

We all know Samsung markets their products aggressively, but Op you've ve to go beyond hating them, when Samsung wants to do things perfectly, they do.

Hope you've seen the galaxy alpha, even the Note 4.
Appreciate when necessary.

BTW, nice phone.

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by AnodaIT(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2014
I still think innjoo i2s is better

*walks out of the thread *

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by W3xy1(m): 7:59am On Nov 04, 2014
Gerrard59:
The Rantings of a poor Man.
for sure grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Collinz2(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2014
AnodaIT:
I still think innjoo i2s is better

*walks out of the thread *
see ur face
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by drajjay: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2014
to be damn honest i've never seen a phone with a sleek and lovely appearance as the htc one m8.the day i caught sight of the phone i couldn't just stop staring.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Daluuzor(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2014
cheesy HTC rocks!!! #teamHTCvelocity grin

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by QMark: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2014
HTC One M8 is the best thing that ever happened to the smart phone world.

Team HTC One M8 Dual

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by symbian03(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2014
Yeah this phone rocks. The new Boomsound sounds better than the Beataudio in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by bunmioguns(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2014
undecided
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by datguru: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2014
I will buy one once my maga pay
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by imsuboi(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2014
AUDIO

The best and only audio ranking phone in the world, comes in-built with BOOMSOUND effects, so LOUD, CLEAR, FLIUD, CRYSTAL, the only phone that made me to use its earpiece . Even a deaf man will regain its hearing kept aside this beautiful creature the front facing speakers are louder than the Xperia's, Galaxies, G2/G3, the Iphone whistles when placed near it.

If you want to get an android specifically for music, audio; this is it.

I totally disagree with this sir

Im currently using an iPhone 5c

The sound effects I get when I put on my headset is parallel to no other device.

That boomsound effect thing you typed up there is a whole load of thrash bro undecided

#teamIOS

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by pastoraaaaaa: 9:30am On Nov 04, 2014
undecided
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Matttthew(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2014
teamtecno
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by donigspain(m): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2014
Interesting review.

Summary: Not worth it.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by VocalWalls: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2014
Cool

Very interesting review, however, I still think the gionee m2 suits our power situation.

Vocalwalls

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by jeffery1212: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2014
It's difficult to hold cause of its slim nature , and scratches easily (that if you don't use it with that ugly rubber case ). But it's a wonderful phone ....this is my 5th month of using the phone .
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by johnstar(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2014
ok, bt ntn rili special abt d phone. #teamsamsungs5

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Acidosis(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Na HTC M8 review or samsung bashing?

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by austinbrown: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2014
I love tecno

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Whatsapp Adds New Rules For 'Delete For Everyone' Feature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.