Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,204 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:07 PM

B’haram Denies Me Of Success – Gaidam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B’haram Denies Me Of Success – Gaidam (692 Views)

Tribunal Affirms Gaidam’s Victory In Yobe Governorship Poll / PHOTOS: Nigerian Army Reinforces Troops On Recently Attacked Yobe Town, Gaidam / Gaidam Gave Out 100's Of Hilux Vehicles To The Army, Police (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

B’haram Denies Me Of Success – Gaidam by dabrake(m): 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
YOBE State Governor Ibrahim Gaidam said he would have achieved all he set out to achieve when he was sworn in as governor if not for the eruption of the Boko Haram insurgency.

The governor however said that he had been able to record a 90 per cent achievement, despite the insurgency.

Gaidam gave an account of his stewardship at the gathering of the All Progressives Congress on Saturday, where he was announced as the sole governorship candidate of the party for the 2015 election.

He lamented that insurgency had taken over the state since 2011 thus inflicting on the state enormous losses of lives and property, citing instances of about 215 government school buildings destroyed by the insurgency.

Gaidam said, “This unfortunate event has slowed down the execution of our policies and programmes. The resources we commit to support the prosecution of the war against the insurgents have affected the execution of our capital projects.

“Some of the areas of support to security agencies include provision of over 300 Hilux vehicles, payment of over N250m monthly as allowances alone, fuelling and repairs of security vehicles, assistance to the families of security personnel killed in action, and the payment of medical bills of those of them who sustain various degrees of injury in the fight with insurgents.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/bharam-denies-me-of-success-gaidam/

(1) (Reply)

To All Jonathanian And The Satanist / Atiku: Exclusive Interview With Buhari / Mob Kill Men Who Acompany Suicide Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.