Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. (6222 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Obasanjo Wants To Make Buhari President So That He'll Die In Office - Fayose / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? (2) (3) (4)

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
[size=28pt]Who is Thief Olusegun Obasanjo?[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/654360_Lt_Col__Olusegun_Obasanjo_rtd__jpg23760c4d724016d19de4851867117ce5

[size=28pt]The ex-president that appointed himself minister of Petroleum and abandoned our refineries to start importing fuel[/size]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2014

[img]http://3.bp..com/-dsp6wbOea80/UqHeDCt_sDI/AAAAAAAAzG8/Hh94eWyJr5I/s1600/Obasanjo+5.jpg[/img]

[size=28pt]The ex-president that sold off all our national assets with nothing to show for it [/size]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2014

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1300649_Olusegun-Obasanjo101_jpgfbe2a0337cc3104feaa00b56bca0134e[/img]

[size=28pt]The ex-president that mis-managed and liquidised Nigeria Airways , our national carrier. [/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/568060_Nigerian_Airways_jpg2aaf54a1ded14c6b253d1e59347c3146

[size=28pt]Now the fool is flying around the world in other countries' carriers[/size]

[img]http://aviationafrica.files./2012/01/cropped-ghana-airways.jpg[/img]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2014

[size=28pt]The ex-president that stole the $16 Billion he voluntarily told us he was going to use for electricity - only God knows how much more he stole![/size]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2014

[size=28pt]The ex-president that presided during the highest rate of political assassinations of the opposition in history[/size]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2014

[size=28pt]The ex-president that sold off all our national assets (privatisation), mainly to himself and associates with nothing to show for it - till date the accounts of his administration has not been audited, nobody knows what happened to the proceeds of the sales[/size]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by ibedun: 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
The stupid fellow Egba man lack the sense of appointing or grooming a good successor.

Good leaders like Bola Tinubu had no problems doing that
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2014

[size=28pt]The ex-president who oversaw the enormous wage rises of Reps and Senators to over N160 million per annum including expense each.
And Presidents to over N 1 Billion per annum with expenses[/size]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2014

[size=28pt]The ex-president that invited IMF officials into CBN and paid white man creditors $16Billion cash whilst Nigerians suffered[/size]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Chylo(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
gists:

Sorry about that. Good Point and noted.

No harm, no foul bro grin grin grin
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Chylo(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
GenBuhari:
Who is Thief Olusegun Obasanjo?

The ex-president that invited IMF officials into CBN and paid white man creditors $16Billion cash whilst Nigerians suffered

This guy, something must be really wrong with you. I even thought you're a reasonable human being. See how you displayed your foolishness here and messed up like a baby all over the place. smh
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 05, 2014
Nonsense!! - this is like say Abacha brought computers to Nigeria

Or that Gowon brought Television to Nigeria

In any case it was Abacha, not Thief Obasanjo that issued first GSM licence

[size=28pt]The ex-president that impoverished Nigerians by hiking fuel prices from N20 per litre to N75 per litre[/size]

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by superstar1(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2014
GenBuhari:
So nothing tangible then?
Please explain to you grandma in the village how bank consolidation is going to improve her life.

if i have to descend to your level of IQ to be explaining how bank consolidation, impacted postively on my grandma to you, then I must be checked.

Go back to your secondary school teachers, for them to teach you your basics again.

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
No I do not ask you to explain to me . I asked you to try explaining it to your grandma in the village how it is going to improve her life.
superstar1:

if i have to descend to your level of IQ to be explaining how bank consolidation, impacted postively on my grandma to you, then I must be checked.

Go back to your secondary school teachers, for them to teach you your basics again.
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by publicenemy(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chylo:
First of all, before I am crucified, let me say that what I mean is in a comparative sense rather than an absolute sense; I believe he's performed far better than the others since democracy, and here's why:

He established the EFCC, the ICPC and strengthened the Code of Conduct Bureau to fight corruption in Nigeria. Convicting for the first (and only) time, high-ranking government officials like Tafa Balogun and Alams, albeit politically motivated, I wish the tempo could have been maintained subsequently.

When he left office in 2007, the growth rate of the economy had risen from 3% to 7%, making Nigeria one of the fastest growing economies in the world. He did this by finding really excellent people to work with him eg Ngozi, Ezekwesili, Ribadu, Soludo, El-Rufai, Dora etc. He discovered all these people and convinced them to contribute their quota.

The Nigerian foreign reserve was only $2 billion when he came into office in 1999. By 2007, when he left office, the reserve had risen to a whopping $43 billion and he secured $18 billion debt pardons from the Paris and London clubs and got Nigeria free of debt!!!

The banking consolidation and reform, the telecom reform, the education reform (with Obi's UBE), the due process office reform, the servicom reform, the privatization reform, the NAFDAC and NDLEA reforms and finally, keeping the peace, both internally and in our international peace-keeping mission that always brought us glory, were all from this administration. I wonder how we were surviving without GSM in 1998, and how many jobs that revolution created. All this in 8 years, while Jonathan has been there since February 2010 (4 years plus now), with absolutely nothing to show for it except corruption and insecurity. Jonathan's locomotive trains I think is a good start sha.

He wasn't perfect, but I think to have achieved all these is somewhat commendable, especially the institutional strength he built in the country. I'm always in tears when I compare that to this near-imbecilic government that people are shouting all over the place about because of rice and beans they will get. We deserve much better.

-Chylo

May God bless you.

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by superstar1(m): 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
GenBuhari:
No I do not ask you to explain to me . I asked you to try explaining it to your grandma in the village how it is going to improve her life.

If your brain is to too dull to comprehend it, I pity whoever named you, whatever you are bearing.
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
I don't blame you. i can see it is not your fault. undecided
superstar1:

If your brain is to too dull to comprehend it, I pity whoever named you, whatever you are bearing.
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2014

[size=28pt]The ex-president that liquidised Savanah Bank without reason or due process because he and his cronies wanted to steal the loans they had taken from the bank[/size]
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Chylo(m): 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
GenBuhari:
I don't blame you. i can see it is not your fault. undecided

My friend, get your stinking bottom out of this thread immediately. You emit an odoriferous fetid effluvium. Please leave my thread.

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2014

[size=28pt]The ex-president that raided and shut down This Day newspaper when it publish details of his corrupt practises. Welcome to Democracy Nigeria![/size]
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
redsun:
The only reason why OBJ walks the streets of Nigeria a freeman today is because Nigeria is a rogue state.

In a law abiding society,he will either be locked up for the rest of his dubious life or be executed for crimes against humanity.

Baba OBJ, u get case to answer

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
Shall I continue?

OP if you say Thief O is the best president again I will continue o!
GenBuhari:

[size=28pt]The ex-president that liquidised Savanah Bank without reason or due process because he and his cronies wanted to steal the loans they had taken from the bank[/size]
GenBuhari:

[size=28pt]The ex-president who oversaw the enormous wage rises of Reps and Senators to over N160 million per annum including expense each.
And Presidents to over N 1 Billion per annum with expenses[/size]

GenBuhari:

[size=28pt]The ex-president that stole the $16 Billion he voluntarily told us he was going to use for electricity - only God knows how much more he stole![/size]
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
It shouild now be clear to everyone what a disaster Thief O was for Nigeria. Case closed.

GenBuhari:
Shall I continue?

OP if you say Thief O is the best president again I will continue o!

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Chylo(m): 5:58am On Oct 04, 2023
I think this my old thread needs to resurface.
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Abagworo(m): 7:20am On Oct 04, 2023
It's an undisputed fact from every point of view but he also had his own failures. He succeeded because he worked as a detribalized Nigerian with interest of everyone.
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Has Been Nigeria's Best President So Far. by Iamanoited: 7:39am On Oct 04, 2023
YES YES YES.

Further Evidence To Acquit 21 Year Old Chidinma - In The UK She Will Win / Okada Riders Protest In Benin / Dangote Overtakes Bill Gates In Daily Earnings In First Quarter Of 2014