Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,146,301 members, 7,792,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

19th National Sports Festival Postponed - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 19th National Sports Festival Postponed (2166 Views)

Eko 2012: National Sports Festival Opening Ceremony Today / National Sports Festival: Garden City Games 2011 (The Official Thread) / Sports Festival: Lagos Ready For 2012 Games – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

19th National Sports Festival Postponed by edwonderz(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
National Sports Festival (NSF) is hosted in Nigeria every two years, it is a national event that is organized to engross youths into sport enterprise and to direct their energies to the right track and for the betterment of the society. The previous one was held in Lagos State and that was the 18th NSF 'Eko Games' 2012.

However, after numerous trials upon trials each state opt for the best athletes that will make up their team and are therefore place on contract payment or employment whichever fits. Athletes are awarded individually according to the number of medal he/she wins.

For instance, in 18th NSF, Rivers State awarded its athletes the sum of #500,000 ($3,125) for each gold medal.
Nassarawa State awarded #750,000 ($4,687) each.
Delta State awarded #1,000,000 ($6,250) for each gold medal while other states awarded theirs according to their budgets.

This year November 20014 is the supposed year for the 19th NSF in the Cannan land of Calabar, Cross River State. Unfortunately, it has been deferred till April 2015.

I just want to use this medium to implore my fellow athletes not to give up on the government like I have done.
Indeed, I understand how difficult it is to accept this heartbroken news today after all the sacrifices you guys had made, the discipline you have taken so far for this course, moneys you have spent maintaining high form like me and how you directed all your energies on this particular goal that is been shifted till next year.
Take care and take heart fellas.
I am currently looking for ways to motivate myself indirectly.

#Festival #Postponed #SoSad #BeastModeDeactivating.

1 Like

Re: 19th National Sports Festival Postponed by gaussy(m): 10:36am On Feb 17, 2015
good day man
pls i am in need of a jet ski for sale like the one on your dp. would be glad if u can help.
Regards

(1) (Reply)

Fifa Invites Pastor T B Joshua / Matchplug.com : Foreign Media Hails Nigeria's Best Prediction Website / Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.