Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Got A Job Through Linkedin??? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Got A Job Through Linkedin??? (19285 Views)

Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. / He Bribed His Way And Got A Job But Got Laid Off By The New Governor / Who Has Gotten Job Through Linkedin.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by ttmacoy: 12:19am On Dec 14, 2014
whilst LinkedIn is a very powerful tool for professional networking and job hunting, note that it is geared towards professionals and not entry level hence you will not really expect to be headhunted via LinkedIn as a graduate. Headhunting via LinkedIn is focused on people who have specific skills/experience.

tebirim:
Hmmm most times i wonder if recruiters even search for people they want over LinkedIn. Its a professional network and most times when you send contacts personal messages they insult you and end up telling you they don't give jobs and that you should improve on your degree...B.sc no get value again... Make i go do masters then hear whether they go say make i go improve on my degree, maybe na PhD i go go do next...God dey shall, someday we'll all look back and smile.

2 Likes

Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by ttmacoy: 12:25am On Dec 14, 2014
You can find jobs on LinkedIn. Headhunters use LinkedIn a lot to find people with skills they need and also you can apply for jobs in LinkedIn now. Very straight forward as it uses your LinkedIn profile detail to apply for the job.

katibu:
You can't find job on LinkedIn, but you can meet with potential employers. It's all up to you. Write full details about you and be active. It works.
Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by ttmacoy: 12:28am On Dec 14, 2014
Do you have the requisite experience?

I know we love professional exams in naija. But professional exams without experience in my opinion doesn't add much value.

segsxpendable:
am on it too....already applied for 17 jobs @ 17 diff companies nd saved 20 jobs already,,,,buh no calls,text or mail yet regarding to their feedbacks,,,despite d fact dah my c.v is filled wit professional exams....pls,am i missing sometin??
Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by jewelofafrica(f): 12:57am On Dec 14, 2014
tebirim:
Hmmm most times i wonder if recruiters even search for people they want over LinkedIn. Its a professional network and most times when you send contacts personal messages they insult you and end up telling you they don't give jobs and that you should improve on your degree...B.sc no get value again... Make i go do masters then hear whether they go say make i go improve on my degree, maybe na PhD i go go do next...God dey shall, someday we'll all look back and smile.

Improve on ur degree does not necessarily mean masters and phd.....professional certifications give ur career an unbelievable boost.

2 Likes

Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by asalimpo(m): 7:16am On Dec 14, 2014
Giannakopoulos:
I source for Candidates through Linkedin, but its a pity because the number of unemployed persons residing in Nigeria is not much on Linkedin,but we get referrals there as well.

you mean unemployed 9jan ppl dont create linkedin profiles?

I guess putting unemployed in your profile takes more guts than people are willing to shed.

2 Likes

Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by BABSIN(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2014
I've gotten several offers on Linked In. A good CV placement on Linked In will project your professional endeavours to the world. I can bet you it can take beyond your imaginations. A lot of Head Hunters visit that site to source for Talent.

1 Like

Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by Giannakopoulos(f): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2014
asalimpo:

you mean unemployed 9jan ppl dont create linkedin profiles?

I guess putting unemployed in your profile takes more guts than people are willing to shed.
I never said they don't,I only said it's few compared to employed professionals that are on linkedin,I wish you understood my statement.
Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by nora544: 12:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
You can start with a linkedin profil when you are s student

My daughter start it when she was a PHD student and she write all what she had done before and where she work.

Please when you write your master thesis please don't write that you have make a publication as a scientist because this will give you a very bad light when the world know that your master thesis is a short writing for about 23 pages.

I know a daughter from a pastor you can find her master degree thesis and she want that the people buy it because she made her master degree in houston texas. and she is a scientist, this is a big mistake and the internet will never forget this..

so please be carfully what you make and what you write-

Linkedin is not facebook!
Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
ttmacoy:
Do you have the requisite experience?

I know we love professional exams in naija. But professional exams without experience in my opinion doesn't add much value.

You perfectly right on this one,I keep telling people having a professional certificates has little effect without an experience on that field.I think you get an experience before you certify yourself on that field.

1 Like

Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
uzolexis:

Hi, just checked out ur linkedin profile and it's amazing, i'd like to connect, pls send me ur e-mail. thanks
Thank you charles.kayceemeka@gmail.com
Re: Got A Job Through Linkedin??? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
Giannakopoulos:
I never said they don't,I only said it's few compared to employed professionals that are on linkedin,I wish you understood my statement.

Please can you help me with the phone number of your colleague at the office that sent the text msg that I should follow the link and print out the guarantor form and others online cause I don't know how it got deleted on my phone.
I have done as instructed but I want to know how many guarantors and referees would be involved or is it just the 2 guarantors form only or do I make photocopy and still pass on to others.
Either the your colleagues phone number that sent the text message or yours would do cause I seriously need to get things straight here in preparation for a possible invitation for interview by you guys. Thanks in anticipation of getting favourable response from you soonest. You may text me your phone number cause you may not want to disclose such here.
BB: 2B1DFEF4
Ugbohoscar(at)gmail.com
(I had to use the 'at' that way to avoid unsolicited emails from scam artists here. Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is More Promiscuous? Female Bankers Or Nurses ? / Can Resignation Letter(s) Be Rejected / Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.