Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool (1766 Views)

Looking For 'God Of War' For Pc / Top 7 Ps3 Exclusives To Play Before You Move To Next Gen / Next-gen Consoles (if My Prayers Are Answered) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by ladex142(m): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2006
Hey guys, let's take a break from all the excitement and tension going on in the next gen war and go oldschool with me! To start your journey to the land of oldschool gaming, all you need is a computer and a game emulator  cheesy. Noooo, not Nes emulator, nor is it sega or snes emulator. Am talking about Arcade emulator!!!!

I know some of you know what am talking about and some of you don't. Oh well, ever heard of Neo geo gaming console, or the Capcom CPS1&2 ? That's well the show's at yo'll !  wink. There are really lots of exciting games on these console, especially fighting games  smiley.

Join me as i welcome you to the world of Arcade games, am using the famous Arcade emulator by the name of MAME, which stands for Multi-Arcade Machine Emulator, this baby emulates lots of consoles, all you need do is download their Bios files and you're good to go. I use the MAME32 version because it works well on windowsxp, you can download it from http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/arcade/mame.html  download MAME32 FX 0.106 from the list (that's the one am using because i could easily configure that version). You can get all mame bios from http://www.emuasylum.com/index.php?page=emulators&system=MAME  also visit http://www.geocities.com/mamehelp/
http://www.fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/emuhelp_mame.htm#placement

After downloading and configuration, you can now enjoy games like Metal slug series, king of fighters, super street fighter alpha 3 and so on. Ok guys here are some screenshots from one of my favoufavoritede game, it's called Garou-Mark of the wolves
you can click on each pix to get a bigger image, enjoy!
Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by dondele(m): 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2006
i have many old school games in my pc. almost all great games in N64 and sega are in my computer. i play them very often cuzz they were what i call a game not these ones with cheat codes dat are so easy to play.
Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by ladex142(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2006
what do u mean by not these ones with cheat codes that are so easy to play
Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by c0dec(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2006
oh yes! Garou is tha bomb!

i'm just waiting for CPS/3 emulation. i need to play SF3: 3rd Strike!
Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by ladex142(m): 2:06am On Aug 06, 2006
i don't like the graphix of n64, here is a screenshot of killer instinct 64
Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by ladex142(m): 3:22am On Aug 06, 2006
As anyone tried the emulator and games by now, anyways here are the screenshots for metal slug 5
comeon guy, try it out and tell me if u like 'em.
Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by ladex142(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2006
Hey check out marvel vs capcom

Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by lakeside4love(m): 2:42am On Aug 15, 2006
gimme my bricks game.
Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by texazzpete(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2006
@ladex142
welcome to the scene, man! Though i've left arcade emulation long ago, i still whip out metal slug once in a while. that game rocks, man!
u tried the Zinc emu yet? u get to play ps1 quality arcade roms like street fighter ex1 &2. www.emuhype.com

pretty sure ur tutorial has been of great help to many out there. keep 'em coming.

BTW, i have 2 disagree with ur comment on N64. i thot u said u were taking things old skool? then why diss an 11yr old console for its gfx? check out games like conker's bad fur day, zelda 64 and even mario 64 to truly appreciate its power.
Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by ladex142(m): 4:44am On Aug 25, 2006
Yeah, I've tried Zinc emulator before but my PC doesn't fully support it in terms of running the Emu with its functionality. The emulator is cool though.

BTW, i have 2 disagree with your comment on N64. i thot u said u were taking things old school? then why diss an 11yr old console for its gfx? check out games like conker's bad fur day, zelda 64 and even mario 64 to truly appreciate its power.

You're right, i never thought of it from that perspective.

Re: Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool by nicklenorr: 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
I still play some of the free MAME.dev games such as found at this MAME ROMset. To be honest there are pretty a lot of addictive games you can spend your free time on.

(1) (Reply)

. / For Gamers: Pes 2013 Demo Out!! / Free Football Manager On Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.