Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,294 members, 7,780,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:34 PM

How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form (17584 Views)

I Am Giving Out An Html Tutorial Ebook For Free / Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow / How Do I Use An HTML Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2008
hi, good people in the house. i am designing a site that involve autoresponder to a message but am stranded i dont know how to go about it and i have only this weekend to round up the job. please i want some one in the house to  help. i have try all i could but nothing positive cameup.thanks and god bless
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by Seton(m): 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2008
why not try your hosting plan, 'cos autoresponders are always in the cpanel- mail functions. goodluck
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by pie1ect(m): 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2008
You cannot create an auto-responder using HTML.
The easiest way to go about it would be to configure your email client (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, outlook or whatever you use) to auto-respond to an email which meets certain criteria which are defined by the incoming mail from your form.

That sounds like gibberish, I know. It does for me too. grin

The point is this

Create your HTML form for your site
Allow the form data to be sent to an email address
Set the email to have a particular criteria (address or title or content or specific key) which can be used to distinguish it from others coming into your inbox
Configure your email client to filter and respond to that email (anytime it comes in) when it comes in.
There you have it, your basic autoresponder.

I would go with a more sophistiated tool, like the one provided by your hosting provider.
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by xclusiv(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2008
to auto respond to create an autoresponder in php

you can add a form function to the form with the form action directed at another page, then u can use the following php script to create the autoresponder, note that you will need to create a separate HTML Page that will hold the autoresponder message

<html>
<head>
<title>page title</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

</head>
<body>

<?php
/* Code Developed by Abiodun Ogunibe. Copyright 2007. All Rights Reserved*/

/* subject */
$subject = "Feedback Form Submission, with autoresponder.";

/* message */
$message='The following information were submitted on ' . date("F j, Y, g:i a"wink . ' through the feedback form' ."\r\n".
'==============================================================='."\r\n".
/*the variable name in the POST[] title depends on the name u give ur form field*/
'Title: ' . $_POST[title] . "\r\n".
'First Name: ' . $_POST[firstname] ."\r\n".
'Surname: ' . $_POST[surname] ."\r\n".
'Position: ' . $_POST[position] ."\r\n".
'Company: ' . $_POST[company] ."\r\n".
'Address: ' .$_POST[address] ."\r\n".
'Tel: ' .$_POST[phone] ."\r\n".
'E-mail: ' .$_POST[email] ."\r\n".
'Comments: ' .$_POST[message] ."\r\n".
'======================SYSTEMS DETAILS=========================='."\r\n".
'IP: '.$_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR] ."\r\n".
'User Agent: '.$_SERVER[HTTP_USER_AGENT]."\r\n";

/* Send Reply to E-Mail <strong></strong>*/
$headers = "From: " . $_POST[email]. "\r\n";
mail("info@yourwebsite.com", $subject, $message, $headers);

$message = '<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">'.'Dear ' . $_POST[name] . ',' . '<p></p>';
/*the feedback.html is the autoresponder that u want to send*/
$message .= implode ('', file ('feedback.html'));

$headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n";
$headers .= "From: Your Company's Name <info@yourwebsite.com>\r\n";

/* and now mail it */
$subject = "Your Comment/Question.";
mail($_POST[email], $subject, $message, $headers);

?>

<script>
window.location="contact_reply.html"
</script>

</body>
</html>

save the message as .PHP and reference the page using the form action control, if u use formfield in HTML
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by regaltopax(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2008
thanks guys.how do i link my form to submit via email.
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by OmniPotens(m): 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2008
regaltopax:

thanks guys.how do i link my form to submit via email.

If you know your mail function for PHP well, then you don't have any much questions to be asking here. Well, try the below for a simple contact page.

The following is a lite version of the form:

<form method="POST" action="mailer.php">
   <input type="text" name="name" size="19"><br>
   <br>
   <input type="text" name="email" size="19"><br>
   <br>
   <textarea rows="9" name="message" cols="30"></textarea>
   <br>
   <br>
   <input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit">
</form>

Note the code that is colored in blue. The blue colored words will be useful for us.

So, here is our PHP code. You should place the following code into a new file you create called mailer.php.

<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit'])) {
$to = "you@you.com";
$subject = "Form Tutorial";
$name_field = $_POST['name'];
$email_field = $_POST['email'];
$message = $_POST['message'];

$body = "From: $name_field\n E-Mail: $email_field\n Message:\n $message";

echo "Data has been submitted to $to!";
mail($to, $subject, $body);
} else {
echo "OmniPotens!";
}
?>

Hope you understand it. Ask questions if confused especially about other fields not featured.
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 28, 2012
u can visit www.globalsms.com.ng , register and activate the auto responder services. U'll be able to create a campaign, generate html codes to post on ur site and configure various messages email or sms, to be sent when somebody opts in.

the site is www.globalsms.com.ng
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 11, 2013
xclusiv: to auto respond to create an autoresponder in php

you can add a form function to the form with the form action directed at another page, then u can use the following php script to create the autoresponder, note that you will need to create a separate HTML Page that will hold the autoresponder message

<html>
<head>

</head>
<body>

<?php

/* subject */

/* message */
$message='The following information were submitted on ' . date("F j, Y, g:i a"wink . ' through the feedback form' ."\r\n".
/*the variable name in the POST[] title depends on the name u give ur form field*/

$message = '<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">'.'Dear ' . $_POST[name] . ',' . '<p></p>';

/* and now mail it */

?>

<script>
</script>

</body>
</html>

save the message as .PHP and reference the page using the form action control, if u use formfield in HTML
wonderful reply. Learned one or two things here. Keep it up. Nothing is as good as knowing codes

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by wapdude: 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
paddy4destiny':
wonderful reply. Learned one or two things here. Keep it up. Nothing is as good as knowing codes
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by MikdadAli: 6:23am On Dec 30, 2015
xclusiv:
to auto respond to create an autoresponder in php

<html>
<head>

</head>
<body>

<?php

/* subject */

/* message */

/* and now mail it */

?>

<script>
</script>

</body>
</html>

not working got systax error pls help me
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by yomalex(m): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2015
If you need Mobile Auto-responder Service it's available on www.DomeSMS.com you can send up to 10 messages. Try it today.
Re: How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form by Bigajeff(m): 8:52am On Feb 14, 2017
hi, good people in the house. i am designing a site that involve autoresponder to a message but am stranded i dont know how to go about it and i have only this weekend to round up the job. please i want some one in the house to  help. i have try all i could but nothing positive cameup.thanks and god bless

if you are using wordpress , just install cadera form plugins to create any kind of form with multiple autoresponders, just simple settings you thank me later

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Blogging / Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems / 5 Things You Must Stop Doing To Improve Your Social Media Security.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.