Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. (4776 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / Konga Delay Merchant Money Intentionally / What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by lagoscrimefree: 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Why is it frustrating selling on Konga?
Konga as one of the online buying and selling arena for Nigerians. It is very gainful selling on Konga and at the same time very frustrating. I heard alot of merchant complaining that the delay tactics introduce by Konga for confirmation of items by the buyer is too ridiculous. Konga will give you 5-7 days for delivery within Lagos and 10- 15 days to deliver outside Lagos. After which they will release the money into escrow, while waiting in the escrow, you cannot have access it until after 7 days when the buyer gives feedback that the item is in good condition before the money is released release and it will take additional 3 days after transfer before the money will appear in your account. When has Konga turn to Commercial Bank keeping peoples money unlawfully. The fact is that they are using your money for business. If you calculate 7days delivery period + 7 days buyer confirmation period + 3 days before the money appears in your Bank account, That is 17 days if the delivery is within Lagos, outside Lagos will take more days after which they will charge you certain amount for selling on their website. Do you know people money they have put into fixed deposit and how much people's money they have used to transact other businesses. Nigeria should be careful at the same time not to put much items on Konga , you should try to get the money for delivered items before you list other items to be on safer side. How many of you can remember WONDER BANKS? Notspeco , Mega weath and lot of them. You could remember how people' money has gone forever. Why Konga not allow people to deliver themselves as Kaymu and the like are doing , why do Konga made it mandatory for them to deliver the items sold on their website. We need to be careful again Nigerians. Konga should allow merchant to deliver their items themselves or give people choice of using the preferred cargo they want. They should update their website for seller to choose if items would need to be delivered outside Lagos or within. Thanks for reading.

Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Youngzedd(m): 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Aliexpress that took more than 60 days, what do you think the sellers does.

If you're selling online via Konga or any other platform you MUST have enough for turnover.

If I may ask did you read their terms and conditions?

2 Likes

Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by lagoscrimefree: 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
@Youngzedd ...If you are talking about Aliexpress or any other oversea merchant, we are incomparable. I am not saying people should not sell on Konga but be careful to list all items on Konga, when you get the money for set of items , you can list another sets. Nigerians with a lot fraudulent tactics. if Konga do away with peoples item , no government will hold them or anyone for it. Am not saying Konga will do away with peoples money but be careful.
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2014

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by lagoscrimefree: 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
@toogentle ... To get money on Amazon takes 14 days and beware we cannot compare amazon with Konga Nigeria. Why Konga is not giving people choice of postage. Do you know you have choice of postage on Amazon and Aliexpress for those that sell on that website.
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by abhosts(m): 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
Guy, why not create your website and ship your products yourself and see how easy it is.

It is not by force to use konga if you are not comfortable with their methods.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by initialize(m): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
*Modified*
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Tmany(m): 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
Guy you talking out of point , for one you can not Compare Nigeria logistics company to those in uk or china.
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Youngzedd(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
abhosts:
Guy, why not create your website and ship your products yourself and see how easy it is.

It is not by force to use konga if you are not comfortable with their methods.

Don't mind him. 9ja isn't Amazon.

I can bet that he didn't read the terms and conditions before he registered.
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by mastercee(m): 1:09am On Nov 06, 2014
Like seriously? Are you expecting them to pay you immediately they deliver your goods? What happen to the 7 days return policy?

If you think they are ripping you off whatsoever, you actually have a choice, Quit using their platform..... No be by force

1 Like

Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by lagoscrimefree: 5:22am On Nov 08, 2014
Alot of people here are talking out of experience... You will understand better when the time comes
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by hahn(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2014
lagoscrimefree:
Alot of people here are talking out of experience... You will understand better when the time comes

what exactly do you have against konga? this is the second meaningless thread against them that you're creating. do you have any products on konga personally? did you read their terms and agreement? do you realise that konga have an affiliate program and pay their affiliates commissions for sales generated?

I run an online business also and its not easy. You sound like someone who has never ventured into business. If you think its easy, start your own company and stop hating.

By the way, what the hell is "choice of postage"? Last time I checked, they deliver nationwide
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by phew09(f): 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
personally, I feel konga is not for small scale merchants. The space(from delivery-confirmation from buyer-7days return policy period-3days payout) it takes for konga to credit merchants account after a successful sale can be frustrating for merchants that need the money for continuity.
when it takes close to a month or thereabout to receive payment for an item sold, how long will the small scale merchant cope?

so far the only ish i have now is that the 3 days payout has even taken one week in my case and my account hasn't been credit.
Aside that, Its still a good platform especially with the nationwide delivery service. I have sold much more than I ever sold on other sites that allow seller freedom to control the transaction.
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by bolly(m): 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hello everyone, why are you killing yourself with Konga,jumia or kaymu e.t.c to sell your products for you,when you can have your own ecommerce website set up for you with your domain. Delivery is handle by us with 24hrs within Lagos and 2-3days outside Lagos, we market for you and handle your social marketing. Do you want to know visit www.cambiarmart.com. Or call or whatsapp on 07055896391 or bb pin 21601115
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by mammass001: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2014
Alot of people here comment without experience except phew09 that comment with experience. I have similar experience with Konga for an item drop off on the 4th of Nov. and this item has been delivered and Konga never updated the delivery items till i confirmed from the seller and i saw saw the evidence that it has been delivered since 7th of November, which was over 30 days. Instead of them release the money to konga wallet, they told me it has to be in escrow for another 7 working days. similarly, someone bought items worth 50k from me, the guy has been disturbing me as a seller that he needs the item quicker. When the item was eventually delivered, konga never updated the delivery, telling me to wait for 72 hours before they will update after which i will wait another 7 working days. When you transfer, it takes another 8 days to appear in your account as against their 1-3 working days.This owner of this post is right, they are using people money for business.
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by debbydee(f): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2014
[b][/b]Like seriously

what does this mean?
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Adebomojo: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
criously and it is so annoyin, at the moment konga is yet to credit my acct after over 19 days, i clicked on payout on my konga acct since dec 9 2014 till this very moment am yet to recieve alert or d frustratin part is wen u send emails dey refuse to to reply. am criously tinkin of a drastic action to take against dem
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by iMerchant: 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Adebomojo:
criously and it is so annoyin, at the moment konga is yet to credit my acct after over 19 days, i clicked on payout on my konga acct since dec 9 2014 till this very moment am yet to recieve alert or d frustratin part is wen u send emails dey refuse to to reply. am criously tinkin of a drastic action to take against dem

Email will not solved the issue.

Call the merchant help line - 0818 235 5555
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Adebomojo: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2014
they do not even respond to thier calls either.
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by lagoscrimefree: 5:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
@Adebomojo it is better your leave their website rather than continue will them
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by signz: 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
lagoscrimefree:
@Adebomojo it is better your leave their website rather than continue will them

And go where? Are the others any better? And can't you guys report them to any authority example Consumer Protection Agency or even EFCC ?
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Everyone is complaining about konga these days

1 Like

Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Emerald65(f): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2015
Experiencing d same challenges in terms of pay out which isn't cool at all cry
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 21, 2015
That is good enough jorh
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by debbydee(f): 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
its getting better. lets join hands with them to make it better
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by queenesthr(f): 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
You can sell on www.tosanonline.com They pay out your money immediately the product is delivered. And you don't have to stress yourself going to any drop off centre. They send a delivery person to come to your location and pick the item, then deliver to the buyers location.
Re: Konga Using Merchant Money For Business. by blessedcjlink: 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
You can source from bayaboss.com too...though it's a bulk purchase website, but their prices are tooooo good!

(1) (Reply)

Step-by-step Guide On How To Import Goods From Dubai And Sell In Nigeria!(part 1 / Chin Chin Business And How You Can Boost Your Production / Nigeria Q1’18 Trade Report: Current Account Dominated By Petroleum Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.