Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? (1709 Views)

The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Comes As An All-new Minivan. It’s The Replacement Fo / Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by JerrCa(m): 3:51am On Nov 06, 2014
This thread is to help Car owners have an idea how much their used vehicle engine/transmission cost assuming they go bad. Now, this is not to wish u bad luck- but at least to educate people on their possible cost of replacement before investing to buy one. If you already have a car, just state the MODEL, YEAR AND MAKE, COST OF THE USED ENGINE/TRANSMISION, STANDARD OR AUTOMATIC.

If you don't know their price/cost, members of the house in this field or drivers of the car will inform you. This will be very informative to help us all. Thanks all

I drive 2003 Toyota camry v4, Automatic:
Engine cost(used)= ??
Transmission = ??
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by seunlayi(m): 5:21am On Nov 06, 2014
e no easy to maintain Car especially the transmission
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:59am On Nov 06, 2014
JerrCa:
This thread is to help Car owners have an idea how much their used vehicle engine/transmission cost assuming they go bad. Now, this is not to wish u bad luck- but at least to educate people on their possible cost of replacement before investing to buy one. If you already have a car, just state the MODEL, YEAR AND MAKE, COST OF THE USED ENGINE/TRANSMISION, STANDARD OR AUTOMATIC.

If you don't know their price/cost, members of the house in this field or drivers of the car will inform you. This will be very informative to help us all. Thanks all

Engine cost(used)= ??
Transmission = ??

You opened the thread, you would have taken the initiative to find the price of your own engine, to keep the thread alive.

1 Like

Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by GboyegaD(m): 6:44am On Nov 06, 2014
I don't know if this an appropriate place to ask my question. I have a Ford Taurus 2000 model. The challenge is that it stops transmitting on the high way what can I do?
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by mayor2013: 7:06am On Nov 06, 2014
GboyegaD:
I don't know if this an appropriate place to ask my question. I have a Ford Taurus 2000 model. The challenge is that it stops transmitting on the high way what can I do?

Go scan your car
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by GboyegaD(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2014
mayor2013:

Go scan your car

That's the challenge I'm having. I will try find a mechanic garage to tow it to.
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 06, 2014
GboyegaD:

That's the challenge I'm having. I will try find a mechanic garage to tow it to.

Bring the scanner to the car...not the other way around.
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by GboyegaD(m): 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
adeniyisavage:

Bring the scanner to the car...not the other way around.

It's going to cost me much more here as that will be home service.
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by JerrCa(m): 5:05am On Nov 08, 2014
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=27765946]

Thanks GAZZUZ!
Here is the cost of my own car engine/transmission cost:
Engine cost(used)= 160,000 naira
Transmission = 140,000 naira

oya make una keep it going.. It doesn't matter what u drive. Even latest models vehicles can go bad any time in this country 'cause the roads are bad ..

1 Like

Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 08, 2014
Here is mine ...I hope it helps...

Car make: BMW
Car model:323i 2.5L 6cyl M52TU engine
Year of production: 2000. E46 chassis
Engine cost: N120,000
Transmission: 5 speed automatic stepronic zhf
Cost of transmission: N95,000

1 Like

Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
Kia rio/hyundai accent 07-10 engine complete engine (hyundai swap) 65,000 ladipo.

Note. Your original intake manifold plus throttle body, crank shaft position sensor and injectors must be re-used in the kia. Also coolant temp sensor harness must be modified for use with the hyundai engine.

Good thread.
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by JerrCa(m): 5:58am On Nov 09, 2014
Keep it coming Guys>>>>>>>>>>
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by pragmatistm(m): 5:59am On Nov 10, 2014
Can anybody give an idea how much does nissan primera p11-144 year 2000 engine 2.0litres CVT transmission cost?

Engine cost=

CVT Auto transmission=

Engine with Transmission=
Re: If Your Car Engine/transmission Knocks-do You Know The Replacement Price? by JerrCa(m): 5:28am On Dec 02, 2014
Keep it coming fellas... How about all the Honda and Nissan vehicles-what are their engine/transmission costs?

(1) (Reply)

Custom Car Emblems And Badges / Opel Vectra Service / Latest Cars In Nigeria: 2018 BMW M5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.