Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You (24746 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / What Can Make A Happily Married Woman Sleep With Another Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 11:50am On Nov 06, 2014
We need more happily married men in the family section. I am calling out married men in happy marriages specifically because the mix in this section seem to have a lot of every other group and very little of them. We have teenage boys and girls, we have single men and women and happily married women but seem to have very little happily married men.

What do you think?
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by pickabeau1: 11:54am On Nov 06, 2014
#following.. for comments
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:
#following.. for comments

You can also comment

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Celebrimbor(m): 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
SECONDED
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by datbay(m): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
And am one of the happily married men on this section.........any problem?

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
datbay:

The family section needs the happily married men to comment more and maybe teach the younger men.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by freecocoa(f): 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
Following.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
datbay:

Sir, as the head of a happy home we need your advice and mentoring for younger men so we can all learn what it takes to build a happy home from a mans perspective. What you do to keep joy and peace at home, how to manage conflicts etc

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by 2goodbobo(m): 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
I must confess that i am enjoying my marriage and i pray that God will keep us and help us to grow stronger.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
2goodbobo:
I must confess that i am enjoying my marriage and i pray that God will keep us and help us to grow stronger.

Family section needs you too. Thank you
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by RollingFella(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
babygirlfl:
We need more happily married men in the family section. I am calling out married men in happy marriages specifically because the mix in this section seem to have a lot of every other group and very little of them. We have teenage boys and girls, we have single men and women and happily married women but seem to have very little happily married men.

What do you think?

I must commend you on your thoughtfulness in bringing up such topic on family section. Indeed, a lot of single men and women do not know what it takes to build and maintain peace in a home. Quite a lot of them think marriage is a 'zoom-in-and-zoom-out' thing.

I have been on marital bliss for a reasonable ammount of time and years and its been wonderful for me and my only baby (wifey). With her always wrapping me up, its LG (Life's Good)....lol

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by bukatyne(f): 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
@OP:

Weldone

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
RollingFella:

I must commend you on your thoughtfulness in bringing up such topic on family section. Indeed, a lot of single men and women do not know what it takes to build and maintain peace in a home. Quite a lot of them think marriage is a 'zoom-in-and-zoom-out' thing.

I have been on marital bliss for a reasonable ammount of time and years and its been wonderful for me and my only baby (wifey). With her always wrapping me up, its LG (Life's Good)....lol

Thanks. We need your comments on threads. God bless your home.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by cococandy(f): 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Amen somebody
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:
Amen somebody
Amen!!!
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by datbay(m): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
babygirlfl:

The family section needs the happily married men to comment more and maybe teach the younger men.
That's alright,but hope you know marriage is an institution where one does not graduate,meaning we learn more on a daily basis.But am ready to offer from my little knowledge though.

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by datbay(m): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
aisha2:

Sir, as the head of a happy home we need your advice and mentoring for younger men so we can all learn what it takes to build a happy home from a mans perspective. What you do to keep joy and peace at home, how to manage conflicts etc
OK......noted
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by mikeywise(m): 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
I am happily married, its being just 2 years plus.

6 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by EfemenaXY: 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
babygirlfl:
What do you think?

Nice one, @op. Loving this thread smiley smiley

Hopefully their contributions should help level the horror stories we have on here, and will dispel the myths about good marriages entailing "suffering".

4 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
RollingFella:

Please can you help with these questions :

1. How is communication in your home? Do you all talk about issues and an agree or do you say what you want and madam has no option but to obey?

2. How do you handle finances? Do you work together or is it one persons sole responsibility?

3. As the head of the home how are conflicts handled? Do you address them as they come or do you ignore her and hope she comes to her senses?

4. As head of home how do you keep the romance fresh? Date nights? Surprise gifts or did all that end after the wedding lol.

5. Whats your policy on extended family? Do they come first or does the immediate family come first?

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
Yes o!
Im a man and can testify that marriage has been good to me.
Any question,feel free to ask and i try my best to answer honestly.
Thank u.
(Have been happily married 10yrs now)

5 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by LewsTherin: 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
1. How is communication in your home? Do you all talk about issues and an agree or do you say what you want and madam has no option but to obey?

I'm not much of a talker. My Lady is tho'. But we talk about everything from the colour of our outfits (we colour coordinate everyday) to her issues with my dad. For decisions, we discuss and try to reach a mutually acceptable outcome. Sometimes someone has to give in for the other but hey, who cares. On my part, I follow Ice T's policy of "happy wife, happy life"

2. How do you handle finances? Do you work together or is it one persons sole responsibility?
We run a business together. I pay our salary jointly into my account. We have a joint account we use for savings and major expences like the new car etc. But she has the PIN of my debit card. My Lady knows all she needs to do is point and I get whatever it is for her but I may try to talk her out of some expenditures every now and then. Basically, we discuss before every expenditure or al most immediately after.

3. As the head of the home how are conflicts handled? Do you address them as they come or do you ignore her and hope she comes to her senses?
How are conflicts handled? With lots of common sense! Ephesians 4:6 tells us not to let the sun go down on our anger so we try to settle as quickly as possible. That's not to say I don't lead my home. But I don't need to act loke a drill sergent to know I'm leading my home. I like asking for her opinion on things. We see issues very very differently so her advice gives me alternate insights

4. As head of home how do you keep the romance fresh? Date nights? Surprise gifts or did all that end after the wedding lol.
Wednesday is date night. Not easy to surprise when we do all expenditures together tho but we try.

5. Whats your policy on extended family? Do they come first or does the immediate family come first?
My wife first. My daughter next. Anyone else in order of urgency. Tho we do give preference to our parents and siblings

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by EfemenaXY: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
(sigh)

Bless you LewsTherin. Why can't there be more of your type, eh?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
moca:
Yes o!
Im a man and can testify that marriage has been good to me.
Any question,feel free to ask and i try my best to answer honestly.
Thank u.
(Have been happily married 10yrs now)
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by LewsTherin: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:
(sigh)

Bless you LewsTherin. Why can't there be more of your type, eh?

It's actually quite easy Efe. I consider myself to be a very lazy person. But like Bill Gates once said, when he needs a job done urgently, he looks for a lazy person to do it because a lazy person will always look for the easiest way to do anything. I am that kind of lazy person. Acting like a "man" is so much hard work. I can't stress myself to be a "man". So I choose to be a lover, a husband, a nice guy. So much easier.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
i asked this question on a thread and i was directed here.... hopefully, i will get answers.... from the happily married men..
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by LewsTherin: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
i asked this question on a thread and i was directed here.... hopefully, i will get answers.... from the men....

what should a woman do if she doesn't want another child just yet and hubby is insistent on it even after so many discussions....don't you think she will need to do what she needs to do?

And what does she need to do?
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by EfemenaXY: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
LewsTherin:

It's actually quite easy Efe. I consider myself to be a very lazy person. Bit like Bill Gates once said, when he needs a job done urgently, he looks for a lazy person to do it because a lazy person will always look for the easiest way to do anything. I am that kind of lazy person. Acting loke a "man" is so much hard work. I can't stress myself to be a "man". So I choose to be a lover, a husband, a nice guy. So much easier.

You say so much easier. I'll say so much better.

Your wife is indeed a lucky lady - and your daughter too. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
LewsTherin:

I'm not much of a talker. My Lady is tho'. But we talk about everything from the colour of our outfits (we colour coordinate everyday) to her issues with my dad. For decisions, we discuss and try to reach a mutually acceptable outcome. Sometimes someone has to give in for the other but hey, who cares. On my part, I follow Ice T's policy of "happy wife, happy life"

We run a business together. I pay our salary jointly into my account. We have a joint account we use for savings and major expences like the new car etc. But she has the PIN of my debit card. My Lady knows all she needs to do is point and I get whatever it is for her but I may try to talk her out of some expenditures every now and then. Basically, we discuss before every expenditure or al most immediately after.

How are conflicts handled? With lots of common sense! Ephesians 4:6 tells us not to let the sun go down on our anger so we try to settle as quickly as possible. That's not to say I don't lead my home. But I don't need to act loke a drill sergent to know I'm leading my home. I like asking for her opinion on things. We see issues very very differently so her advice gives me alternate insights

Wednesday is date night. Not easy to surprise when we do all expenditures together tho but we try.

My wife first. My daughter next. Anyone else in order of urgency. Tho we do give preference to our parents and siblings

Wow beautiful and off course your home will be blissful and happy, bless you smart man.
I know some young man is reading this and hugely benefiting. These are men to emulate not those who have created hell in their homes and cant go back instead stay in beer parlors shouting

9 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by EfemenaXY: 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
aisha2:

Wow beautiful and off course your home will be blissful and happy, bless you smart man.
I know some young man is reading this and hugely benefiting. These are men to emulate not those who have created hell in their homes and cant go back instead stay in beer parlors shouting

Lol!

They do? Shouting over what na? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by dein77(m): 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
God knows I'm really enjoying my marriage. It was a bit rusty at the beginning, but now the rough edges are no more.

God, I receive more wisdom and humility today.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

That Childish Act You Still Engage In As An Adult / My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight / Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.