Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature (2491 Views)

LG Introduces LG16- The Cheapest Android Ever, Sells For N2000 / Whatsapp Introduces New Features / Whatsapp Introduces Online Call Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Osyxcel(m): 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
If you are a Whatsapp user, you might have noticed a little change in your app. Your Whatsapp app will now show the double ticks in blue colour if your message has been read. This is a feature that some users have always wanted.

Until now, Whatsapp only had the “message delivered” feature by showing grey coloured double ticks when your message has been delivered (while the single tick shows that your message has been sent).

Some users have been noticing this change already, while some have not, but it seems the changes will be available for everyone soon.
Whatsapp has also updated it’s FAQ section to include this feature.

You can now also get info on any message you send, which displays the details of when your message was delivered, read or played by the recipient.
To see the “Message info screen, you have to tap and hold on the sent message, then you tap an info button.
If you don’t see the blue double tick marks, then it could be that your message has not been read yet, or your recipient Whatsapp app is outdated or the recipient is experiencing connection issues.

Although you could previously use the “last seen” feature to know when your contact opened the app last, this is more direct as the blue marks confirms your message has been read. While most users would be happy with this latest update, some might not find it comfortable, as they might see it as showing too much information. Currently, there is no way to turn off this feature.

If you’ve not noticed the change yet, then you should start seeing it anytime soon as long as you are using the latest version of Whatsapp for Android or IOS
http://droidarchive.com/news/whatsapp-introduces-message-read-feature/

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Wittylens(m): 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
Rubbish jare..
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Osyxcel(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
Wittylens:
Rubbish jare..

Lol. Why is it rubbish? You don't like the feature?
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Wittylens(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
Osyxcel:
If you are a Whatsapp user, you might have noticed a little change in your app. Your Whatsapp app will now show the double ticks in blue colour if your message has been read. This is a feature that some users have always wanted.

Until now, Whatsapp only had the “message delivered” feature by showing grey coloured double ticks when your message has been delivered (while the single tick shows that your message has been sent).

Some users have been noticing this change already, while some have not, but it seems the changes will be available for everyone soon.
Whatsapp has also updated it’s FAQ section to include this feature.

You can now also get info on any message you send, which displays the details of when your message was delivered, read or played by the recipient.
To see the “Message info screen, you have to tap and hold on the sent message, then you tap an info button.
If you don’t see the blue double tick marks, then it could be that your message has not been read yet, or your recipient Whatsapp app is outdated or the recipient is experiencing connection issues.

Although you could previously use the “last seen” feature to know when your contact opened the app last, this is more direct as the blue marks confirms your message has been read. While most users would be happy with this latest update, some might not find it comfortable, as they might see it as showing too much information. Currently, there is no way to turn off this feature.

If you’ve not noticed the change yet, then you should start seeing it anytime soon as long as you are using the latest version of Whatsapp for Android or IOS
http://droidarchive.com/news/whatsapp-introduces-message-read-feature/

Change your blog's theme..can't see anything coz of the dark background
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
Wittylens:
Rubbish jare..

wetin be rubbish?
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Osyxcel(m): 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Wittylens:

Change your blog's theme..can't see anything coz of the dark background

Okay, I'll check it. Thanks
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Wittylens(m): 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
I disabled my last seen on whatsapp.. So this feature will make people thing I'm snubbing.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by duwdu: 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
This is a good development for WhatsApp, and should make some users take the app even more seriously.

The feature has in fact been a loved aspect of BBM for quite a while, as follows:

Gray square - Message sent;
Blue square - Message delivered to the recipient's inbox; and
Green square - Message opened by the recipient.

Good luck!

P34c3
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Osyxcel(m): 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
Wittylens:
I disabled my last seen on whatsapp.. So this feature will make people thing I'm snubbing.

Then don't open the message
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Wittylens(m): 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Osyxcel:

Then don't open the message

I don't like accumulating my notifications.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Osyxcel(m): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
Wittylens:

I don't like accumulating my notifications.

Ok, then simply reply the message, or you uninstall the app tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by mygee33(m): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
Confirm!!!
I was wondering what the blue color was all about.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Malcolmx12: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
They just had to add blue to the damned ticks... angry
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by kalet55(m): 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mtchewwww
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by softtouch2(m): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
From WhatsApp FAQ..

Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
Charlie I think its cool, if you ask Me.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by softtouch2(m): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
NinoBrown888:
Charlie I think its cool, if you ask Me.

Yea, That's a cool function. No more pretense. You know your recipients has read your messages
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by ggrin(f): 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
The Whatsapp update does not bother me at all. Blue ticks, black ticks, no ticks. I don't even care, if I want to ignore you, I willundecided
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by DwayneAjax: 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Girls are finally happy!! Track ur bf like a cop
Re: Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature by donstevico(m): 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
wow

(1) (Reply)

Help Make A Better Choice Between Samsung And Xiaomi. / SOLD! SOLD !! Neatly A Week Used Vivo V21e 8gb 128gb / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.