Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects (30995 Views)

Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects / Breaking news: GEJ Orders Release Of Some Detained Boko Haram Members. / Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
The Borno state government on Thursday received 42 suspected Boko Haram terrorists captured by the Nigerian army.

The military said the 42, after months and years in detention, were cleared of all suspicions following thorough investigations.
The military said three of the 42 released suspects were foreigners from Chad, Cameroon and Burkina Faso.

The deputy director, Defence Information, Sani Usman, a colonel, who handed the freed suspects over to Governor Kashim Shettima said they were arrested during various military raids.

Mr. Usman said each of the freed prisoners were given N100,000 to enable them continue with their normal lives as free citizens.
“We in the Nigeria army will continue to do our best in the ongoing fight against insurgency until we get rid of this problem,” he said.
Mr. Shetima commended the military for its magnanimity.

“We commend the fairness, equity and justice displayed by the Nigeria Armed Forces towards releasing anybody found not to be involved in these terrorist activities,” he said.

“Amongst them are students, tailors, mechanics, provision stores owners and of course, quite a handful of them are drivers. We have a moral obligation to ensure that these young men at this time of their lives are actively engaged. Along this line, I wish to direct the road maintenance agency to include those that are drivers as employed truck drivers, while those that are tailors should be engaged in sewing uniforms for students and pupils in line with our education transformation program.

“Those that are farmers should be given the resources to improve their farming; while the traders would be given some token in addition to what the military gave them to boost their trade. The students among them should be assisted to return to school.”
Some of the freed prisoners had spent detention times ranging from three years, two years to some months. They were full of gratitude to get what one of them, a 300-level student of Chemistry, said was another chance at life.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/170704-army-frees-42-detained-boko-haram-suspects.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
wowwwww. may god bless you all for making me first to comment, and may you all see next year. AMEN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by lekkie073(m): 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
.......ok
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by tarano: 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
Put georeferencing chip under there skin.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by soldierdollar(m): 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
Seriously?
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by ggrin(f): 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
PLS kindly ignore any news or rumour of "ME"
coming out 4 presidential election in 2015, i have
not declared my intentions yet,they are still
begging me. THANKSembarassedembarassedembarassed

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Beehshorp(m): 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
We are getting transformed under Gej. We are enjoying the benefit of our taxes. Power sector has improved . there are good roads. Rise in the economy. Reduction of unemployment and reduction of stress. The army are working and the mofos are complaining and spreading false news. They spread the bad news and leave the good news maybe waiting for their gods to spread it undecided

Kudos Nigerian army
Kudos Gej
Dose who work in silence their success
makes the noise
Kudos greatest Nigerians

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by fitzmayowa: 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
Good for them, if they are indeed innocent as the army claimed...atleast innocent nigerians will not be punished unjustly for BH offences...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Crispels(m): 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by hakeem4(m): 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
Chisos
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Innodon(m): 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by lilprinze: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
This country is a big joke.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
Space for sale

All interested parties should contact the Nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Siga: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
...free things for boko boys very risky men..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by VanTee20(m): 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Smh.
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by rosette08: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
tarano:
Put georeferencing chip under there skin.
lolz,no be only Georefrencing!
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by bastien: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
I hate FP
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by point5: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Just negodu...

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by ritababe(f): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by slimpoppa(m): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
How can one be too sure they are not terrorists.
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by olayincar(m): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hmm....now, i get their code

By next week now...our girls will be back

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by GovWahala: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
They are lucky
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Can't do anything right. Detaining and killing innocent people. God knows the torture they endured all those years.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by aumeehn: 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
GEJ!!
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Jerry24kay(m): 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Is that the best thing now....these Nigerian military giving us fake news ... what if they re real boko harams ??
just how they couldnt investigate properly that shekau is dead or alive.
how did they arrive at this..

i comment my reserve ..........................................

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by ProfEinstein: 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
This country is a joke . SMH

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Babyboy1986(m): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
Good news
Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
Lol...big wash...... Dey r released because the wana do a deal with boko haram..... Dey release thr prisoners for dem nd boko haram in turn will cease fire.".....

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by nkpommpko(m): 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
And the guilty still on the rampage, God know how many innocent lives have gone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects by Limibanti(m): 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
Good move to let the innocent people free..but I feel the should be compensated for the hardship they have been through

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Didn't Call Anybody A Drug Baron; Twitter Account Fake / Kogi: Olumoroti Rejects Running Mate Offer / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, Rides A Horse (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.