Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. (21223 Views)

Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? / Nigeria's Road Shame Goes Online In Hope Of Better Days 2020 / Nigerian Girls Makes Yahoo News For Inventing Urine Powered Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by VolvoS60(m): 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

The worst roads in Nigeria are the Inter-State roads which is a direct responsibility of the Federal Government. what is the traffic load on streets roads that fall under the Local Government purview. The Intra-State Roads are the best maintained and serviced in the South West and some Part of South South that I used to know. The only areas you will see bad intra-state roads are in the South East, I stand to be corrected though.

the worst nightmare one can have is to be an Igbo.

^^^
I do not know whether indeed intra-state roads in the SW and SS are the best maintained. Putting that aside, it puzzles me how you can expose the clear failures of the federal government and then turn around to devalue and diminish your own argument with the last sentence of your post. What is wrong with you? angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by karkel(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:
God will heal nigeria after we sweep out the years of the locust of the PDP next year.

It has been 15years of wastefulness, cluelessness and corruption o lord .

Come heal and restore our land O Lord.

The journey to rejuvenate this country starts with me and you. Every sane Nigerian need to be part of the atmosphere and desire for change.
Nigeria problems are not pdp or apc but we should pray and use our vote wisley............even carry apc pesin

put der na de same story........vision 2020
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
omega2128:
PDP GOVT IS SPENDING MASSIVELY ON STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1843557_pdpbagsofriceekiti_jpeg83fb721b4570ac0c602c3c758b33aca9
Jeez! A look at the background of the image makes me wanna get sick. Nigerians are living like animals. That is sad to see of a resource-rich country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
IAMGEJ:
And am tired of shameless idiots like you as well. what have you done to show your worries about the bad roads? I pray silence shouldn't wipe you from d surface of dis earth. angry
You prick! Do quote me again, twerp!African booty scratchier!
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by benardtotti(m): 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
mikeansy:
For those that did not notice this road is in a certain utopia/eldorado called LAGOS!!!!!!

This is a combined failure by our political class. By this I mean all our leaders from state level to federal level, and not just from this era but also from previous era!

To pretend it's GEJ's alone is simply living in denial.

Fashola and Tinubu also have responsibility here!

You can't praise APC/Fashola for all that is right about Lagos and then turn around to blame GEJ when it is bad news!

That's just double standards!
my guy your logic is wrong!!! that road is a federal road, you just helped expose the incompetence of the FG, if they cant maintain their assets in states ,then they should calmly hand it over to the state governments to take care of, stop twisting facts,thats apapa-oshodi road leading to the port.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by sapientia(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by pendy79: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^
I do not know whether indeed intra-state roads in the SW and SS are the best maintained. Putting that aside, it puzzles me how you can expose the clear failures of the federal government and then turn around to devalue and diminish your own argument with the last sentence of your post. What is wrong with you? angry

Read well where you quoted me from. You will see it was a response to an insult.

You won't see an intra state road as worst as the you will see in Aba in any part of SW. I lived and worked in Akwa-ibom for over 11years. I passed through virtually all the states and I've had course to visit every part of the south south to the south east. All the states and their capitals before I relocated out of the country. So I know what I'm talking about. Lagos is not eldorado likewise newyork is not.

But you will see a strong desire to change the landscape and purposedriven leadership in the places I mentioned.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
omenka:
This is awesome!! Just viewed the hashtag and it's indeed gaining a lot of traction!!

#Anything to jolt the perennially inactive government to roll up its sleeve and get some job done is worthy of being encouraged.

Nice one there.
I can imagine PEJ flaming at Abati and Omokri this
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by atlwireles: 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^

We meet again atlwireles.

I have asked a few questions of anonimi on this thread. He has refused to answer them. Perhaps you would like to step up to the plate?

What questions did you ask? I may or may not be of help to you.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by VolvoS60(m): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

I would appreciate your contact info regarding this project

Thx

I tried to pm you but I'm not sure if it went through. If you have any info to share on the topic I would be more than happy to use it.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by pendy79: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
karkel:
Nigeria problems are not pdp or apc but we should pray and use our vote wisley............even carry apc pesin

put der na de same story........vision 2020

Nigeria's problem can't be said to be the APC. The ruling party has never change since 1999. Let vote a change and then we can make informed opinion if the status quo remains after 4years.

The centre is so big and powerful that the buck of resources available to the FG in the last 4years should have transformed this nation.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by donguutti: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

Read well where you quoted me from. You will see it was a response to an insult.

So if an Urhobo man Insults you, you Insult Igbos, How Nice.Please do change the
Igbo in your Post to Urhobo to show you are a true progressive

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by VolvoS60(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

You won't see an intra state road as worst as the you will see in Aba in any part of SW. I lived and worked in Akwa-ibom for over 11years. I passed through virtually all the states and I've had course to visit every part of the south south to the south east. All the states and their capitals before I relocated out of the country. So I know what I'm talking about. Lagos is not eldorado likewise newyork is not.

But you will see a strong desire to change the landscape and purposedriven leadership in the places I mentioned.

^^^^

No sir!!! angry

He made an uncomplimentary remark about you. You turned around to put down an entire ethnic group. There is a difference - they are not the same thing.

I've gone through quite a number of your posts (on this very thread) and the pattern is the same. It simply devalues your argument and weakens the resolve to punish incompetent government - some people latch on to these put downs and suddenly that becomes THE topic of discussion. undecided

The failure of government is the issue here. Not anyone's ethnicity. (I am assuming that the majority of us on here want a country that works and are not pushing an exclusively partisan political agenda).

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by VolvoS60(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
Double post
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by VolvoS60(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
atlwireles:

What questions did you ask? I may or may not be of help to you.

^^^

You may check my previous posts on this thread for the full details. He posted a pie-chart showing that the bulk (83%) of Nigerian roads are the responsibility of states and LGs. He also posted a pie chart showing that 65% of Nigerian roads are in a poor or bad state. Unfortunately, he did not tell us who is responsible for those poor or bad roads - FG, states or LGs.

Once we know who is responsible for what, the buck-passing will stop. Nigerians deserve to know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by pendy79: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^

No sir!!! angry

He made an uncomplimentary remark about you. You turned around to put down an entire ethnic group. There is a difference - they are not the same thing.

I've gone through quite a number of your posts (on this very thread) and the pattern is the same. It simply devalues your argument and weakens the resolve to punish incompetent government - some people latch on to these put downs and suddenly that becomes the topic of discussion. undecided

The failure of government is the issue here. Not anyone's ethnicity. (I am assuming that the majority of us on here want a country that works and are not pushing an exclusively partisan political agenda).

guy, if you pass an unwarranted insults on me and I insult your father, is it a problem? don't touch a dog's tail that's my philosophy. I dont go out of my way to abuse or insult anyone, Go through all my post, I respond in kind if your don't respect yourself. If you hit me with a bat, don't complain if I respond with a sledge hammer.

if I make a post and you insult me, I'm a pure breed Yoruba guy, I don't go home to look for response, I reply instantly.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by VolvoS60(m): 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

guy, if you pass an unwarranted insults on me and I insult your father, is it a problem? don't touch a dog's tail that's my philosophy. I dont go out of my way to abuse or insult anyone, Go through all my post, I respond in kind if your don't respect yourself. If you hit me with a bat, don't complain if I respond with a sledge hammer.

if I make a post and you insult me, I'm a pure breed Yoruba guy, I don't go home to look for response, I reply instantly.

^^^
You are free to respond to insults from others as you see fit. It is highly unlikely that I will fall into that category anyway. But be prepared for the blowback.

I still stand by my earlier comments. The constant, casual, easy denigration of an entire ethnicity has to stop if you want to be taken seriously. The choice is yours.

From your posts, you appear to have specific partisan political interests. You will never, ever win over the neutrals (not to talk of direct opponents) to your side with direct, unprovoked putdowns of entire ethnicities. Whose interests are served by doing so? undecided (Again, the assumption here is that you are not a 5th columnist).

Think.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by IAMGEJ(m): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
person, Bitch, Asshole, Dickhead, get away you bemused slowpoke.
all4naija:
You prick! Do quote me again, twerp!African booty scratchier!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by Lakeshizu(m): 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
just saw the ash tag.......

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by pendy79: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^
You are free to respond to insults from others as you see fit. It is highly unlikely that I will fall into that category anyway. But be prepared for the blowback.

I still stand by my earlier comments. The constant, casual, easy denigration of an entire ethnicity has to stop if you want to be taken seriously. The choice is yours.

From your posts, you appear to have specific partisan political interests. You will never, ever win over the neutrals (not to talk of direct opponents) to your side with direct, unprovoked putdowns of entire ethnicities. Whose interests are served by doing so? undecided (Again, the assumption here is that you are not a 5th columnist).

Think.

I'm not in the biz of promoting any party. We are not all blind or ignorant, the choice is for any Nigerian to seek a change or stick with the status quo.

You have your single vote as I do. Convince any one you feel you can with facts and the reality there in. I bore no grudge or affection with any body or any party. We are all adult and surely can take an informed opinion. The fact is laid bare we all can pick where we want to be.

I'm not in the calibre someone calls miserable and I look the other side. I'm not christ bro.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by coolluk(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
Demburrows:
Have anyone noticed how immediately Gej lead the other W/A presidents to mediate on the Burkinafaso crisis, which came fruitful, the foreign medias has increased the tempo at hateful propagandas against Gej led Government aimed at maligning his 2015 ambition and cause ethno religios crisis.

Please lets not fall for this becaus the sponsors are in for the balkanization of Nigeria for their selfish purposes.

Foreign media follow steal our 20 billion dollars abi, kill graduates for recruitment scam, use 2billion naira rent jet for madueke, make our graduates unemployed, no give u light ? keep deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by VolvoS60(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

I'm not in the biz of promoting any party. We are not all blind or ignorant, the choice is for any Nigerian to seek a change or stick with the status quo.

You have your single vote as I do. Convince any one you feel you can with facts and the reality there in. I bore no grudge or affection with any body or any party. We are all adult and surely can take an informed opinion. The fact is laid bare we all can pick where we want to be.

I'm not in the calibre someone calls miserable and I look the other side. I'm not christ bro.

^^^^
Suit yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by pendy79: 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
coolluk:

Foreign media follow steal our 20 billion dollars abi, kill graduates for recruitment scam, use 2billion naira rent jet for madueke, make our graduates unemployed, no give u light ? keep deceiving yourself

Alison Madueke's Jet rent is not 2billion naira o, it is 10billion naira. they keep making excuses to cover up an inexplicable corrupt and broad day light robbery of our commonwealth.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by SachaelMaris(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
The Terrible State of Roads in our Communities

It is not uncommon to come across streets with terrible roads in some parts of Lagos. During the rainy season, these roads become so bad that usual routes are temporarily abandoned and alternative routes which are most likely farther than the usual routes are followed until the rains cease for the year. The streets become flooded, slippery and marshy. Vehicles get sunk in the marsh and it would usually require some effort to get the vehicles out of the mud. People who walk on the streets have to tread carefully for fear of getting their feet wet or dirty. All in all, it is not always a smooth sail along these streets.

A look at Agbado Ijaiye area of Lagos provides a deeper insight as to the state of these roads and its effects on its residents.

Vite, a resideAny problem or fear, just call or ping ment within Agbado Ijaiye laments bitterly at the state of the road. He says that the roads are “messy” and something should be done about it fast. Daniel, another resident of the area is also not happy with the state of the roads, as according to him, he has to struggle to walk through the slippery and muddy roads. He suggests that the community gets an excavator to take off the surface soil of the roads and then refill it with fresh sand.

Mr. Idowu, a business man whose business is sited on one of the bad streets believes that the road is bad for business. According to him, the restraints of people wanting to do business with him, because they cannot easily access the area is very discouraging. In other words, roads are critical for business to grow, because if customers see a better route they will follow it.

Mr. Anthony Akinseku, the Vice chairman in one of the communities’ Landlords’ Association sheds more light on the problem of the roads. According to him, he has been familiar with the Agbado Ijaiye area for a period of 15 years. In the 15 years of his familiarity with the area, he has seen some of the roads transform to good while other roads have gotten worse. In his words; “Conscious efforts have been made by the present administration of Lagos to reach out to the suburbs of Lagos. In the last couple of years, we have seen really bad roads that have been graded and then tarred”. He mentions Clem road and Ifelodun/Osanyintola/Jankara roads as examples of the improved roads.

According to him, the road from Kola through Adeola Adepegba road is a typical example of one of the bad roads. He says the road is so bad that a sense of trepidation grips motorists as they try to scale through the undulating and marshy road. He has on numerous occasions had his car stuck in the mud and at one time had the flooded road reach the bonnet level of his car.

Akinseku explains the position of the community on the state of the road. Time and time again, the community has gotten the local government to supply trailer loads of laterite to help improve the roads. But as soon as the rains come, the roads go back to their deplorable state, because of the absence of good drainage systems. The community has also recently erected some brick walls at Adeola Adepegba road to stop the flow of water into the buildings.

On why it is so difficult to have good drainage systems on the roads, Akinseku says there was no proper planning of some streets in Agbado Ijaiye and as such some of the buildings have encroached on the space that should be left as road. He is of the opinion that it would have been foolhardy to have expected the government to have visited the outskirts of Lagos like Agbado Ijaiye years back to plan roads. While the government was trying to resolve the problems of the central areas of Lagos, people were moving to the outskirts of the city to establish their houses in other to escape the high cost of living in Lagos. The early settlers of these areas failed to leave enough room for the roads and so make it almost impossible to have gutters on the sides of the narrow roads.

Akinseku believes that as long as the roads are not fully tarred and drainages put in place, there will continue to be a problem with the roads. In other words, to permanently improve the poor state of the roads, most of the fences of buildings would need to go and in some cases the buildings too.
By Olumayowa Olubukola John
0703 461 ****

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by atlwireles: 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^

You may check my previous posts on this thread for the full details. He posted a pie-chart showing that the bulk of Nigerian roads are the responsibility of states and LGs. He also posted a pie chart showing that 65% of Nigerian roads are in a poor or bad state. Unfortunately, he did not tell us who is responsible for those roads - FG, states or LGs.

Once we know who is responsible for what, the buck-passing will stop. Nigerians deserve to know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I don't have any answer at this time where 100% responsibility lies with certainty. Using my state of delta as a study case, then 99% of the failure is local/state.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by vainfairy: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
solid3:
Where are the TAN ambassadors & GEJ ewarriors, here is an issue you need to explain.

I always have my heart in my mouth when ever I have to travel by land.

Lolzz.. Then u nid 2leave it back home anytym u do! grin
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by donodion(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

My brother this government won't know what hit them by february next year. They think it will be business as usual they will see a rude shock.

How can you come to power through popular demand and goodwill and squander that woefully without anything tangible to show for it yet you think you must continue.

Change is here and it is within our reach.

Nothing will deny our march to freedom from the grips of the PDP by May 29 2015

Heheheheheh GEJ till.........................Feb 2015 grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by pendy79: 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
donodion:

Heheheheheh GEJ till.........................Feb 2015 grin grin grin

Haba don't cut short his tenure na. He still has up till May 29, 2015 to handover.
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by donodion(m): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

Haba don't cut short his tenure na. He still has up till May 29, 2015 to handover.

Hehehehehe so its May?...isorite...he can begin print his N1000 retirement plan + the missing N20 billion from Feb till May. cos Juna na sure banka...for Otuoke retirement village grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by pendy79: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
donodion:

Hehehehehe so its May?...isorite...he can begin print his N1000 retirement plan + the missing N20 billion from Feb till May. cos Juna na sure banka...for Otuoke retirement village grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by saintdollar: 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
seems like it is getting worse for Nigeria with every administration, promises and politics
Re: Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. by VolvoS60(m): 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
atlwireles:

I don't have any answer at this time where 100% responsibility lies with certainty. Using my state of delta as a study case, then 99% of the failure is local/state.

^^^
Do you have documented proof of this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohammed Babandede Decorated As Immigration Comptroller-General / Attack On Ortom: Three Suspects Arrested / LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.