Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,088 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent (1123 Views)

How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? / Brake Pad Job(BMW 318Ci) / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by rotecch77(m): 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hello auto guru,I drives nissan frontier pick up
2000 model,the brake pad is the problem I have,I do change the brake pad every 2weeks
Is it normal? pls house I need your help
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by adanny01(m): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
You need to check the car for the brake binding.

Google the symptoms.
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
rotecch77:
2000 model,the brake pad is the problem I have,I do change the brake pad every 2weeks

you didnt really say the problem , you just said you change them after every 2 weeks

when you chnage them would they be worn out completely ??
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by rotecch77(m): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
Yes they worn out completely
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by mufutau55(m): 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
rotecch77:
Yes they worn out completely

Things to check, rotors, drums and calipers... You should not have to change your brake pads every two weeks..
Also try using Metalic brake pads.. make sure the mechanic checks to see that the spring is releasing the brakes, and not stuck.
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by erico2k2(m): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
rotecch77:
two things are Involved, check you brake Disc to see how far grinded they are, if the surface are rough, change them
after driving for a while check the tyre/wheel see if there is excessive heat, if that's the case you got Binding problem, service your callipers, the returning pin might need brake grease
Thirdly. you might be buying substandard brake pads
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by rotecch77(m): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
@hajj mufutau,wow you are here again
Thanks for the advise I will ask my mech" about this sir,....
@eric20;I do check the tyre always to see if its hot but nothing of such
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by mufutau55(m): 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
rotecch77:
@hajj mufutau,wow you are here again
Thanks for the advise I will ask my mech" about this sir,....

Oh Yes sir... I have been driving for about 45 years both in Nigeria before coming here, and when I first got here I used to drive Taxi while I was studying for my Bachelor's and Master's Degree, and I have always fixed/repair all my cars with friends, even engine repairs...
Nowadays, I am too old to do all this, but the experience is still there...

Hajji M.
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by mufutau55(m): 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
sorry, double post.
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by rotecch77(m): 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
@hajj;45yrs wow, old age is knoking at the door truely
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by mufutau55(m): 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
rotecch77:
@hajj;45yrs wow, old age is knoking at the door truely

Yeah! 5 years driving in Nigeria, and 40 years driving record in USA (only one minor accident so far, thank God.)
But do you know few weeks ago I find my first Nigeria Driver's License, it's paper with thick cover... I laughed at my photo then.
Old age is already here but I am still 21 years old...

Hajji M.
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by rotecch77(m): 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
You are good in keeping document o baba hajj,45yrs ago you still find your nigeria drivers license....hmmmm 25yrs old now,ko sarugbo n ghana
Re: Nissan Frontier Brake Pad Issue, Pls Help Its Urgent by mufutau55(m): 2:38am On Nov 08, 2014
rotecch77:
You are good in keeping document o baba hajj,45yrs ago you still find your nigeria drivers license....hmmmm 25yrs old now,ko sarugbo n ghana

LOL!

(1) (Reply)

The Right Automatic Transmission Fluid For 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer / Drove With Hand Brake Up / Aston Martin Unveils A Brand New James Bond Car. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.