Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? (4171 Views)

Jihad: A Misunderstood Concept From Islam - What Jihad Is, And Is Not / Boko Haram’s Jihad Is False- Escapee Channels Television. / Jihad: The Sixth Deadly Pillar Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim.
The phenomenon of the idea that Jihad is only
defensive is rapidly being spread amongst Muslim
circles. It is without doubt a relatively new idea
that seems to have appeared since the demise of
the 'uthamani Khilafah and tends to come from
the rhetoric of apologists and modernists who
seem to have a problem with many key aspects
of traditional Islamic 'Aqeedah and Islamic Law.
The ironic thing is, those who are calling for a
reform to how we should approach the Shariah
are also declarers of following 'Traditional Islam'.
However, what seems to be more apparent is
that they find no qualms in adhering to
interpretations of traditional Islamic law in non
controversial and non - 'ideological' matters, but
when matters of contemporary issues arise, such
as Jihad, apostasy, the Islamic penal code,
interfaith relations etc, new interpretations are
called for.
This is a serious problem we are facing and a
short article will never be able to address this
issue accordingly. Before a Muslim steps into the
battlefield, he has
already fought a great battle within himself
against Satan- against his own desires and
ambitions, his personal interests and inclinations,
the interests of his own family and of his nation;
against anything which is not from Islam; against
every obstacle which comes into the way of
worshipping Allah and the implementation of the
Divine authority on earth, returning this authority
to Allah and taking it away from the rebellious
usurpers.
Those who say that Islamic Jihad was merely for
the defense of the 'home land of Islam' diminish
the greatness of the Islamic way of life and
consider it less important than their 'homeland'.
This is not the Islamic point of view, and their
view is a creation of modern age and is
completely alien to Islamic consciousness. What
is acceptable to Islamic consciousness is its
belief, the way of life which this belief prescribes,
and the society which lives according to this way
of life. The soil of the homeland has, in itself, no
value or weight. From the Islamic point of view,
the only value which the soil can achieve is
because on that soil Allah's authority is
established and Allah's guidance is followed; and
thus it becomes a fortress for the belief, a place
for its way of life to be entitled the 'homeland of
Islam', a centre for the movement for the total
freedom of man.
Of course, in that case the defense of the
'homeland of Islam' is the defense of the Islamic
beliefs, the Islamic way of life, and the Islamic
community. However, it's defense is not the
ultimate objective of the Islamic movement of
Jihad but it is a mean of establishing the Divine
authority within it so that it becomes the
headquarters for the movement of Islam, which is
then to be carried throughout the earth to the
whole of mankind, as the object of this religion is
all humanity and its sphere of action is the whole
earth.
As we have described earlier, there are many
practical obstacles in the establishing Allah's rule
on earth, such as the power of state, the social
system and traditions and, in general, the whole
human environment. Islam uses force only to
remove these obstacles so that there may not
remain any wall between Islam and individual
human beings, and so that it may address their
hearts and minds after releasing them from these
material obstacles, and then leave them free to
choose to accept or reject it.
We ought not to be deceived or embarrassed by
the attacks of the Orientalists on the origin of
Jihad, nor lose self-confidence under the pressure
of present conditions and the weight of the great
powers of the world to such an extent that we try
to find reasons for Islamic Jihad outside the
nature of this religion, and try to show that it was
a defensive measure under temporary conditions.
The need for Jihad remains, and will continue to
remain, whether these conditions exist or not!
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by PastorKun(m): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
@tartar9
This thread confirms that you are a fundermentalist and either currently a terrorist or a potential one. What makes you think a true God would need mortal humans to clear the way for his worship? Is he so weak that he can't do it himself What makes you feel you are following the right path apart from the fact that you have been brainwashed from your childhood days?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by Obadiah77(m): 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
The OP is a potential terrorist.
Where are the SSS when you need them? His accout should be track and he should be arrested. angry

2 Likes

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by Ifeann(f): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
PastorKun:
@tartar9
This thread confirms that you are a fundermentalist and either currently a terrorist or a potential one. What makes you think a true God would need mortal humans to clear the way for his worship? Is he so weak that he can't do it himself What makes you feel you are following the right path apart from the fact that you have been brainwashed from your childhood days?

Tartar9 is being honest here. Unlike the majority of Muslims he stated facts about the command to spread Islam via force and jihad.
Here are some narrations, hadiths and quran verses to understand his mindset.

Tabari VIII:35/Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina (it is still its marketplace today), and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."

Tabari VIII:40 "The Messenger of God commanded that furrows should be dug in the ground for the Qurayza. Then he sat down. Ali and Zubayr began cutting off their heads in his presence."

Quran 8:39. "And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do."

Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 9:5. "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."

Bukhari 2:24: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by usermane(m): 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
It is an empty charade. I have sniffed his game. By the way, he created the same topic in Islam section. You may want to check; www.nairaland.com/1986401/jihad-it-only-defense
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
Ifeann:

Tartar9 is being honest here. Unlike the majority of Muslims he stated facts about the command to spread Islam via force and jihad.

Tabari VIII:35/Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina (it is still its marketplace today), and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."

Tabari VIII:40 "The Messenger of God commanded that furrows should be dug in the ground for the Qurayza. Then he sat down. Ali and Zubayr began cutting off their heads in his presence."

Quran 8:39. "And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do."

Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 9:5. "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."

Bukhari 2:24: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."
so because they are jews the so-called Gods 'choosen people' they should avoid justice for their crimes.this is not like in the bloodthirsty bible that depicts a god ordering the rape and slaughter innocents including women and children and even animals!
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
Obadiah77:
The OP is a potential terrorist.
Where are the SSS when you need them? His accout should be track and he should be arrested. angry
where did i support terrorism? Terrorism is infact haram,Jihad is far more glorious than that,just see what those kharijites terrorist haved reduced Jihad to,petty terrorism!
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
usermane:
It is an empty charade. I have sniffed his game. By the way, he created the same topic in Islam section. You may want to check; www.nairaland.com/1986401/jihad-it-only-defense
meaning?
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by PastorKun(m): 7:13am On Jan 03, 2015
tartar9:
where did i support terrorism? Terrorism is infact haram,Jihad is far more glorious than that,just see what those kharijites terrorist haved reduced Jihad to,petty terrorism!

There is no difference btw your so called jihad and terrorism.

3 Likes

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2015
PastorKun:

There is no difference btw your so called jihad and terrorism.
do you even know what terrorism is? Jihad and terrorism are vastly different.
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by azaino: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2015
Ifeann:

Religion of peace indeed, it is evidently clear what islam stands for, with all these(quotes), still a right thinking human being will lie to protect evil. What makes human thinks that he can fight for a God in all his supremacy, this should be total Haram in islam. Even without being religious, i have got a brain and it tells me that it is absurd to compel someone to accept your believe. I refuse to follow a God that i will be fighting for. God should rather fight for his children

3 Likes

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by Obadiah77(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2015
tartar9:

You are a member pf Boko haram?

2 Likes

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
azaino:

Religion of peace indeed, it is evidently clear what islam stands for, with all these(quotes), still a right thinking human being will lie to protect evil. What makes human thinks that he can fight for a God in all his supremacy, this should be total Haram in islam. Even without being religious, i have got a brain and it tells me that it is absurd to compel someone to accept your believe. I refuse to follow a God that i will be fighting for. God should rather fight for his children
who is compelling who?
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
Obadiah77:

You are a member pf Boko haram?
what is bokoharam :-x
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by Obadiah77(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
tartar9:
what is bokoharam :-x

You are mad, are you leaving in togo? angry

2 Likes

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
Obadiah77:

You are mad, are you leaving in togo? angry
actually,i live in france.
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by Obadiah77(m): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
tartar9:
actually,i live in france.

And you dont watch news over there in france? ediot

Are you a memeber of ISIS

2 Likes

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by azaino: 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
tartar9:
who is compelling who?

Be listening to news, you will see how ISIS are forcing christain to covert to muslim or be killed
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
azaino:

Be listening to news, you will see how ISIS are forcing christain to covert to muslim or be killed
thats not really true,they were given options.
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by Ifeann(f): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:

The choice is

Convert to the evil ideology of Islam pay the jizyah
Or be beheaded, just as Mohammed did in his time.
[size=18pt]
This poster tartar9 is a jihadist. .his pic is posted below...[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ifeann:

The choice is

Convert to the evil ideology of Islam pay the jizyah
Or be beheaded, just as Mohammed did in his time.
they should pay their tax nah?
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by PastorKun(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:
they should pay their tax nah?

On whose authority should they pay tax And on what basis?

1 Like

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
PastorKun:

On whose authority should they pay tax And on what basis?
dont you pay tax to the state? the jizya tax is even far less than what they use to pay before.
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by PastorKun(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:
dont you pay tax to the state? the jizya tax is even far less than what they use to pay before.

So if I pay tax to the state does that justify paying tax to terrorists So how do you and your compatriots charge now as jizya?

1 Like

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
PastorKun:

So if I pay tax to the state does that justify paying tax to terrorists So how do you and your compatriots charge now as jizya?
the minimum amount is about one dinar thats only about 10,000 naira yearly while the maximum amount is what they agree they can pay and its not for women,children or poor people.even the muslims pay higher tax than the non-muslims.thou isis is not a recognised Islamic body but its better for the christains to pay than putting themselves through unnecessary trouble.you Christians are even instructed to give unto
Caesar what belongs to
him (see Mark 12:17),
thus paying the Jizya is
hardly an issue for a
Bible-believing Christian If an Islamic
government taxes a
Christian.you should even be thanking Islam for such exemplary mercy and tolerance to non-muslims rather than grumble.
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by usermane(m): 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:

what is the purpose of the jizya? Is it not to degrade them? Is state tax as degrading as Jizya?

2 Likes

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
usermane:

what is the purpose of the jizya? Is it not to degrade them? Is state tax as degrading as Jizya?
the jizya is for their protection.some jurists even rule that they wont pay the jizya if they join the military.
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by usermane(m): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
tartar9:
the jizya is for their protection.some jurists even rule that they wont pay the jizya if they join the military.

your own foremost Qur'an interpreter, Ibn Kathir said ;

Tafsir Ibn Kathir>>Qur'an 9:29

Paying Jizya is a sign of disbelief and disgrace

Allah said, (until they pay the Jizyah), if they do not choose to embrace Islam, (with willing submission), in defeat and subservience, (and feel themselves subdued.), disgraced, humiliated and belittled. Therefore, Muslims are not allowed to honor the people of Dhimmah or elevate them above Muslims, for they are miserable, disgraced and humiliated. Muslim recorded from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet said, "Do not initiate the Salam to the Jews and Christians, and if you meet any of them in a road, force them to its narrowest alley." This is why the Leader of the faithful `Umar bin Al- Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, demanded his well-known conditions be met by the Christians, these conditions that ensured their continued humiliation, degradation and disgrace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
usermane:

your own foremost Qur'an interpreter, Ibn Kathir said ;

whether its a sign of disbelieve is not the issue here.the issue is that it is very fair and not unjust so i see no reason why it should be humiliating.if anything its unfair to the muslims.
Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by usermane(m): 6:23am On Jan 07, 2015
tartar9:
whether its a sign of disbelieve is not the issue here.the issue is that it is very fair and not unjust so i see no reason why it should be humiliating. If anything its unfair to the muslims

It is too bad you are yet to realize the problem with jizya from your law. You try equating jizya to tax and an alternative to zakat. No one with a sound understanding of jizya will accept that.

Zakat is paid for feeding the poor and needy, tax is paid for running state services but jizya is paid simply to avoid death. Remember Shari'ah gives non-Muslims 3 choices; convert, pay jizya or face death. Those who do not convert pay jizya to be spared of death, not for any other reason as in tax and zakat where the objective of paying is not to avert death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by azaino: 10:42am On Jan 07, 2015
tartar9:

Options to do what ? Can you state the options given to them as you said

1 Like

Re: Jihad - Is It Only For Defence? by tartar9(m): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2015
azaino:

Options to do what ? Can you state the options given to them as you said
they were told as their citizens to pay their tax and not forced to convert as you say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" / Apostle Joshua Selman's Biography:age, Wife, Koinonia And Education / T.D Jakes’ Daughter, Sarah Henson Ends Her Marriage After 4 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.