Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) (28168 Views)

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams / Al Azhar University - Is It The Most Respected Sunni Authority? / Muslim Scholars Issue Verdict On Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by balash(m): 12:00am On Nov 08, 2014
Salaam, Who is your most respected muslim lecturer in nigeria today?

1. Sheikh Muhydeen Ajani Bello (Learned Fearless,outspoken and Blunt to the core) He Is The Only Lecturer In The Whole Nigeria Alive That Can Boldly Say His Mind No matter What and he won't be questioned

2. Sheikh Daud Alfa-Nla ( Chief Imam Jamatul Islammiya Society Of Nigeria) He Is Learned, Speaks 3 Languages namely (Hausa,English and Yoruba) Very Intelligent And He Has This Way Of Lecturing And You Would Feel So Close To Almighty Allah With His Messeges

Add Your's

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Fundamentalist: 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
balash:
Salaam, Who is your most respected muslim lecturer in nigeria today?

1. Sheikh Muhydeen Ajani Bello (Learned Fearless,outspoken and Blunt to the core) He Is The Only Lecturer In The Whole Nigeria Alive That Can Boldly Say His Mind No matter What and he won't be questioned

2. Sheikh Daud Alfa-Nla ( Chief Imam Jamatul Islammiya Society Of Nigeria) He Is Learned, Speaks 3 Languages namely (Hausa,English and Yoruba) Very Intelligent And He Has This Way Of Lecturing And You Would Feel So Close To Almighty Allah With His Messeges

Add Your's

All this people you mentioned are sufis, calling to sufism (innovation)

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
Fundamentalist:

Prove it. Please what do you know about those men?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by usermane(m): 8:20am On Nov 14, 2014
Shalom.

I don't have a thing for scholars. I find them boring, repetitive and simply rehearsing the same lines that have been passed down for generations without questioning.

I prefer thinkers and intellectuals. From among orthodox muslim voices, Khalid Abou El Fadl, a Professor of Law in US is my favourite. His moral and rational approach to Islam, his stance on human right and Justice, his criticism of puritan Islam and religious fanaticism as well as his support for religious pluralism and democratic values put him ahead of many orthodox Islamic scholars in my book.

If there were thinkers like Khalid Abou El Fadl in the orthodox Muslim world, it would be much better.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
Fundamentalist:

This is the problem. When a name is invented in order to vilify certain mindset different from yours and others. I listen to both. Alfa Nla is very deep and intuitive. "innovation", I guess we've given that another meaning in modern days. Pls get over it.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by AlBaqir(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
Fundamentalist:

This blood-rush of hatred to anything different from his ideology. Fanaticism makes one blind internally and externally.

lanrexlan:
Prove it. Please what do you know about those men?

I bet he doesn't even know any of these scholars. Does he even know what Sufiism is!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2014
AlBaqir:

This blood-rush of hatred to anything different from his ideology. Fanaticism makes one blind internally and externally.

I bet he doesn't even know any of these scholars. Does he even know what Sufiism is!
Probably what he thinks when sufi comes to his mind is 'sokoto sofe'(Trousers above the ankles) Lol. cheesy
I guess he doesn't even know the meaning of Innovation.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by AlBaqir(m): 10:31am On Nov 15, 2014
lanrexlan:
Probably what he thinks when sufi comes to his mind is 'sokoto sofe'(Trousers above the ankles) Lol. cheesy
I guess he doesn't even know the meaning of Innovation.

No. The concept of sufi'ism to him (and people like him) is the present day Qadiriya, Tijaniyyah etc and their Tariqa orders.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Akindarchi(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2014
I have no clue about the respectable aspect, but my "favourite" lecturers are Mufti Menk, Nouman Ali Khan, Abu Mussab and one abdulnasir (I think) from Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tbaba1234: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2014
I don't really know Nigerian scholars partly because of language barriers.

Sufism today, has many crazy groups. However, there are many great sufis in Islamic history. Men, we all celebrate like Salaudeen al ayyubi.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tbaba1234: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2014
Akindarchi:
I have no clue about the respectable aspect, but my "favourite" lecturers are Mufti Menk, Nouman Ali Khan, Abu Mussab and one abdulnasir (I think) from Nigeria.

smiley
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by balash(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2014
Am really not much fan of outside nigerian scholars basicly because of some aspect of fanatism and extremist nature of some of them,they make it look like everywhere is rosy like there country.

I only stay with nigerians because they know what we going through and any lectures delivered would go with decisions based on what the country provides. I don't know if u get me on this

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
tbaba1234:
I don't really know Nigerian scholars partly because of language barriers.

i thought you speak/understand yoruba?
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tbaba1234: 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
Empiree:
i thought you speak/understand yoruba?

I am not yoruba, i understand a little but not good enough
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Rilwayne001: 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2014
tbaba1234:

Sometimes the underlined sound unbelievable....one would think that you are one core yoruba-yoruba man.

You are from which state sir?
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by ayinba1(f): 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
balash:
Am really not much fan of outside nigerian scholars basicly because of some aspect of fanatism and extremist nature of some of them,they make it look like everywhere is rosy like there country.

I only stay with nigerians because they know what we going through and any lectures delivered would go with decisions based on what the country provides. I don't know if u get me on this

I love listening to Sheikh Muyideen. Balash, you are right about some of the foreign extremist preachers but have you tried Mufti Menk or Nouman Ali Khan. Their preaching is directed to "muslims". Some of Nouman Ali Khan's is tailored to fit the American (life of luxury) mindset. But it applies to us Nigerians at home too since na copy copy America everyone dey do.
May Allah purify our imaan, Amin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tintingz(m): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Sometimes the underlined sound unbelievable....one would think that you are one core yoruba-yoruba man.

You are from which state sir?
Not only you oo, i thought tbaba is a Yoruba man but he's not. smiley
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
Shaykh Ahmad Adam Al-Garkawi.

A Kaduna based humble and revered shaykh.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
tbaba1234:

you begin to sound like someone i know very close when i was back home. You seem to be mix of 10%Yoruba, 50%Hausa, 40%Igbo. Therefore i am guessing you probably like Maryam IBB. My first reaction to everyone on nl is everyone is yoruba. You sounds just alike.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by AlBaqir(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Really his NL kunya (alias) "t baba" esp the bold will suggest he's a Yoruba man. I thought so once until he clear the air sometimes ago. He's partly Hausa and partly Fulani - did I got tbaba grin

Well we are ONE Naija and most importantly Muslim.

@Rilwayne, gist me about your election fa grin I wan vote for you o.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by AlBaqir(m): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2014
ayinba1:

I love listening to Sheikh Muyideen.

I remember how I used to save my pocket money in order to buy Alhaji Muyideen Bello's cassette. As a young kid, I like him like mad. Why? Because he used to abuse politicians, government parastatals, evil scholars et al. His lectures will bring this 'youthful xtics' of fanaticism.

Up till now I respect him a lot but he's simply not an ideal scholar this society need. Qur'an explicitly gave guidelines for dawah - wisdom, good manners, good exhortations. Not abusing. In fact, many of these people he abuse or curse will not even create chance to listen to him.

Today, he too now parade some of his sons as "ajanasi" who will try to adorn their beautiful voices while showcasing their "golden Eyin makkah". How many people had their father abuse because of that.

ayinba1:

Balash, you are right about some of the foreign extremist preachers

Likewise here in our society. We have evil scholars who preach nothing but fasad. They preach what people will like to hear not what Allah want them to preach. There are different categories of preachers today in this society of ours:

* Some simply preaches Takfiri e.g Ali Jabata
* Some preaches magic/juju etc. E.g Onikijipa
* Some proud of having secrets and at the same time turn comedian e.g Buhari omo musa
* Some abuses each other like mad while putting on the mantle of Kibr e.g Sheik Habib

The list is endless. You can see how evil and corrupt this generation fast turning into.

No doubt there are good scholars all around but it seems these evil ones have overshadow them. We simply need scholars who will preach good morals as he himself will lead by example not just eloquence.

Personally I do more of reading/studying than listening. Yet I still give this foreign scholars more edge over our local ones.

May Allah bless the sole of Sheik Adam Abdullah al-Ilory (Markas Agege). He was truly an ideal scholar.

ayinba1:

May Allah purify our imaan, Amin

Amin thuma amin

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Rilwayne001: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
AlBaqir:

Really his NL kunya (alias) "t baba" esp the bold will suggest he's a Yoruba man. I thought so once until he clear the air sometimes ago. He's partly Hausa and partly Fulani - did I got tbaba grin

@bolded.....Truth

grin grin

Dear Brother,

I'm so sorry for not tagging you to the campaign thread, my thought was that you may not have the time for it and that you might not have interest, am sorry sir.

Its been incredible so far even though there is a sign of rigging and unfairness in it. grin grin (Nigeria things nahh). All the same i came through in the first and second round.. Out of 55contestants...41 been eliminated, remainder 14 which include me and brother tintingz.

So on Tuesday another elimination round will hold, i think 9contestants will be voted out, only 5 will go to the grand finale.

In a nutshell bro, i dont take it serious, i'm jusst catching fun grin grin.. will tagg you on tuesday to vote me and tintingz..

Once again am sorry sir. smiley
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2014
AlBaqir:

Up till now I respect him a lot but he's simply not an ideal scholar this society need. Qur'an explicitly gave guidelines for dawah - wisdom, good manners, good exhortations. Not abusing. In fact, many of these people he abuse or curse will not even create chance to listen to him.

Today, he too now parade some of his sons as "ajanasi" who will try to adorn their beautiful voices while showcasing their "golden Eyin makkah". How many people had their father abuse because of that.
Lol, 'showcasing their golden eyin makkah'.It's just the truth sha.

AlBaqir: Likewise here in our society. We have evil scholars who preach nothing but fasad. They preach what people will like to hear not what Allah want them to preach. There are different categories of preachers today in this society of ours:

* Some simply preaches Takfiri e.g Ali Jabata
* Some preaches magic/juju etc. E.g Onikijipa
* Some proud of having secrets and at the same time turn comedian e.g Buhari omo musa
* Some abuses each other like mad while putting on the mantle of Kibr e.g Sheik Habib

The list is endless. You can see how evil and corrupt this generation fast turning into.
Lol,true though.

In the abuse sector,Buhari Omo Musa too is not free o.Also, Alfa Adunmo of Osogbo(You may know him) prepared a 1hr 30mins audio abuse reply to Buhari Omo Musa.From the beginning to the end,it was total abuse.It was reply to Buhari's abuse.

Same with Aladalu,this so called Alfa sold three different audios abusing Buhari Omo Musa.
We know Buhari speaks a lot and there's huge tendency to speak rubbish in the line of joking(he once said people can never cry from his lectures), he said some very silly words at the wedding of that Mysterious twins(Ibeji Oran) at Osogbo.Words you won't expect someone claiming to be imparting knowledge and doing dawah to say.This leads to different audios of abuse from the 'Alfas' I mentioned above.

In the sector of having secrets,Buhari Omo Musa is the leader o.He boast openly of it, he once said 'Ebo nikan Olorun kofe, ko koo marimifin rara' meaning 'God only detest sacrifice, he doesn't detest charms to deal with people that trespass your way'.

In one of his lectures, he was stepping on his agbada when delivering his lectures and makidadi(one of his ajanasi) was trying to help him with it, the next thing Buhari will say was:'Fi iyen sile makidadi, o ni ikan ti a fi se, a maa n te iru mole ni igbami' roughly meaning ''Leave that alone makidadi, there's a secret behind it''.The next thing people listening to the talk will shout was 'Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar'.Ignorantees

(Now you may be thinking Lanre is a huge fan of Buhari Omo Musa, lol not really sha, but my brother and cousin are huge fans when they want to laugh)

I think Onikijapa is among those Alfas that has abused sufism.He had a sufi movement in Lagos, can't recall the name.

Let me add mine.
*Those who are the Alfas of the musicians.These Alfas can sing Saheed Osupa's song from A-Z for you.
*Those who charged before they can deliver lectures.Buhari Omo Musa charged 100k for a sitting according to what I heard(Is it even permissible to charge for lecture?)
*Those that abuse themselves over voice E.g. Buhari Omo Musa attacking Adunmo,the former accusing the latter of using his voice lol.

AlBaqir: No doubt there are good scholars all around but it seems these evil ones have overshadow them. We simply need scholars who will preach good morals as he himself will lead by example not just eloquence.

Personally I do more of reading/studying than listening. Yet I still give this foreign scholars more edge over our local ones.
Yes people like Ustadh Luqman Idris from Akure,very eloquent and knowledgeable.Professor Oladosu from University of Ibadan and many more.
I also prefer foreign scholars though, Sheik Assim Al-Hakim, Mufti Menk, Yassir Fazagan et al.
AlBaqir: May Allah bless the sole of Sheik Adam Abdullah al-Ilory (Markas Agege). He was truly an ideal scholar.
Ameen

7 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 10:11am On Nov 17, 2014
AlBaqir:

Tbaba is from Edo state.

@RILWAYNE001, abeg complete my payment if you want campaign to continue cheesy .
Tintingz too cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Rilwayne001: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2014
lanrexlan:
Tbaba is from Edo state.

@RILWAYNE001, abeg complete my payment if you want campaign to continue cheesy .
Tintingz too cheesy

Bro.

We'll pay you tommorrow, cheesy

Just make sure you cast your vote tomao...no worries
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tbaba1234: 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
lanrexlan:
Tbaba is from Edo state.
Tintingz too cheesy

Who send you message? grin

Albaqir is partly correct, my mum is hausa.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tintingz(m): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
lanrexlan:
Tbaba is from Edo state.

Tintingz too cheesy
hahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy na so you like money. grin
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by vedaxcool(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
Mine is vedaxcool sad undecided wink

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tintingz(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Bro.

We'll pay you tommorrow, cheesy

Just make sure you cast your vote tomao...no worries
yess oo smiley
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tintingz(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:
indeed grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
tbaba1234:

Who send you message? grin Albaqir is partly correct, my mum is hausa.

I was partly right then when i said:
you begin to sound like someone i know very close when i was back home. You seem to be mix of 10%Yoruba, 50%Hausa, 40%Ibo. Therefore i am guessing you probably like Maryam IBB. My first reaction to everyone on nl is everyone is yoruba. You sounds just alike.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Rilwayne001: 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Me too.

Mine is Vedaxcool cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Maryam, The Mother Of Prophet Isa (jesus)? / The Prohibition Of Looking At Another Person’s Private Part (awrah) / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.