Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike (72648 Views)

Two Die As Car Rams Into A Tree And Breaks To Pieces (Photos) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by mikron(m): 1:39am On Nov 08, 2014
A Nigerian and chemical Engineer, Ogbonnaya Kanu, also known as Foto Dadi, has broken a record as the first man to ride a motorcycle from Lagos to South Africa, Kanu who is the first and returning Vice President of the Association of Nigerian Motorcycle Clubs, has ridden motorcycles to 26 countries of the world. In 23 of the trips, he traveled with his own Nigerian-registered motorcycle.

In 2012, he rode solo from Lagos-Nigeria to Austria, riding through France, Germany, Austria, and Italy; and in mid-October, he embarked on another solo trip from South Africa to Lagos.
Kanu is the co-founder, and member of the Board of Trustees of the Easy Riders Motorcycle Club of Nigeria – the first registered motorcycle club in Nigeria.

He is also the co-founder of Ride Easy Motorcycle Training School; co-founder and member Board of Trustees, Ride Easy Motorcycling Club of Lagos, and Superbike Clubs Association of Nigeria (SCAN).
http://nigeriacamera.net/nigerian-man-breaks-record-rides-to-south-africa-from-lagos-on-motorbike/

116 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by philtrum(m): 1:55am On Nov 08, 2014
This guy try ooo
I go fit try am like this

Modified:

I'm curious how did he cross the oceans and big waters....What of border security, Did he go through desert...#JustCurious

Happy weekend Op (Mikron)
#FTC it's been a while mehn..

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 08, 2014
Hin drive bike pass water abi to Austria shocked ........... Chei!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by deebee13(f): 2:27am On Nov 08, 2014
How many years did it take him to get there?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Dopeyomi(m): 2:27am On Nov 08, 2014

But tha̶̲̥̅̊t guy try o... South_africa to Lagos Shey the man ride bike untOp sea too

Abi na dryLand from australia to naija
Abi the bike geht wing
Abi the bike d̶̲̅ε̲̣y fly
Like how many months did he use to get there
So he was αвℓє to refuel the bike on the sea too
Filling station is available there to abi

Am still finding it hard to believe!

So this post eventually мα∂є frontpage

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by spicy244(f): 3:45am On Nov 08, 2014
You should av done more justice to the topic by telling us the number of dayz or hours or months he used on the road. BTW, when embarking on the trip, how many packs of food did he carry along with him.

#justdoubting

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 3:58am On Nov 08, 2014
What of me we don ride bicycle frow Abuja to Enugu in a day,oya give me medal

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 4:01am On Nov 08, 2014
Well is there anything special about it? It would have made more sense if he did it for a cause like riding across Africa so gej can end this boko haram insurgency or riding across africa for gej to end corruption...etc, something like that.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 08, 2014
diluminati:
Well is there anything special about it? It would have made more sense if he did it for a cause like riding across Africa so gej can end this boko haram insurgency or riding across africa for gej to end corruption...etc, something like that.
Isi okpukpu, can you even pedal a bicycle

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Dollabommie(m): 5:29am On Nov 08, 2014
ah neva knew Jonathan don work dis much shooooo shocked d guy don do overhead bridge reach Austria,Southy and co...cos me ah donno hw d guy wan take travel reach southy talkless of Austria ontop bike... ....naso i reach fp at last...Ejijo shoki.. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by chymystique(f): 5:35am On Nov 08, 2014
I would love to go on such rides cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by alotofgrace(m): 5:46am On Nov 08, 2014
HOW LOng did he spend on the road?

In 2012, he rode solo from Lagos-Nigeria to Austria, riding through France, Germany, Austria, and Italy; and in mid-October, he embarked on another solo trip from South Africa to Lagos

shocked shocked shocked ..... on bike ??

is there bridge between Morocco and Spain? or how did he cross Africa to Europe or another continent?

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Studentsvoice: 5:55am On Nov 08, 2014

nice job..guy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 08, 2014
Does his bike fly ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Tallesty1(m): 6:14am On Nov 08, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
What of me we don ride bicycle frow Abuja to Enugu in a day,oya give me medal
A guy don trek from abuja to Enugu.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 08, 2014
Chei!!!! See ""...... shocked

No mind joor!!!

I was there!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 08, 2014
mikron:
A Nigerian and chemical Engineer, Ogbonnaya Kanu, also known as Foto Dadi, has broken a record as the first man to ride a motorcycle from Lagos to South Africa, Kanu who is the first and returning Vice President of the Association of Nigerian Motorcycle Clubs, has ridden motorcycles to 26 countries of the world. In 23 of the trips, he traveled with his own Nigerian-registered motorcycle.

In 2012, he rode solo from Lagos-Nigeria to Austria, riding through France, Germany, Austria, and Italy; and in mid-October, he embarked on another solo trip from South Africa to Lagos.
Kanu is the co-founder, and member of the Board of Trustees of the Easy Riders Motorcycle Club of Nigeria – the first registered motorcycle club in Nigeria.

He is also the co-founder of Ride Easy Motorcycle Training School; co-founder and member Board of Trustees, Ride Easy Motorcycling Club of Lagos, and Superbike Clubs Association of Nigeria (SCAN).
http://nigeriacamera.net/nigerian-man-breaks-record-rides-to-south-africa-from-lagos-on-motorbike/

So sorry OP!!! You are very correct!!

Nlanders it's true o!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by okotv(m): 6:24am On Nov 08, 2014
great guy...
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by 100Cents: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2014
Fine IBO boy to the core men. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by nduchucks: 6:46am On Nov 08, 2014
Mr. Kanu was a very active nairalander a few years back https://www.nairaland.com/fotodaddy

A very bright detribalized guy who loves adventures. Here is a thread where him and fellow nairalanders and other friends, including me lipsrsealed , went off roading - that was so much fun. Driving through rugged Backstreets of Nigeria

Congrats buddy!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by major466(m): 6:55am On Nov 08, 2014
There goes a good Nigerian making us proud. This is a big lesson to youths. If you don't have anything to do, just ride a bike to Egypt or South Africa.

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
A guy don trek from abuja to Enugu.
hahahahahaha you are not serious,were you there to monitor him,how many days did it took him from Abj to 042?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by LORDI(m): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2014
Igbo's be making nigeria proud!!...ride on brother.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Tallesty1(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
hahahahahaha you are not serious,were you there to monitor him,how many days did it took him from Abj to 042?
I'm not joking.

He has mental problem

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by wheesin(m): 7:55am On Nov 08, 2014
who send am ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by johnstar(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 08, 2014
i was shocked and surprisedbuh its kinda true there is a road map from naija to southy............. its a 4days journey...mehn

so nairalanders leggo on adventure....................packing my load me too must go by road..... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Dubai Police Flaunt Their Exotic Luxurious Police Cars / Photos Of Innoson Vehicles Purchased By UNIZIK / Nigerian Who Bought ₦1 Billion Chevrolet In Turkey Arrested (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.