Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (103797 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

This is the most sensible comment I've seen so far.
No one is even saying anything about d girl that was abused in front of thousands, instead they are all throwing verbal missiles and baring their ignorance. Smh for we blacks.

Even d topic of d thread is very misleading and d gullible brain-washed ones are here defending d pastor and raining abuses on BBC. The OP just used a catchy headline (purposely or out of ignorance) to attract readers and those who cannot read btw d lines are exposing their level of dumbfuckery.

U gullible nigerians need to understand that d mentality of d average westerner is far different from that of a nigerian. U don't just physically abuse a vulnerable girl in front of thousands. They don't take that kinda bullshittt. Westerners are far more intellectually enlightened than many mentally enslaved brainless nigerians who cannot think for themselves. The UK frowns on a church that espouses belief in witchcraft as one of its basic tenets; not just mere belief but carrying out actions that are contrary to reason, human conscience and d legal system.

A lot of d inhumane treatment we mete out to people all in d name of "witchcraft suspicion" can only happen here because of our low mentality.

Here in Nigeria (and other low-mentality african countries), people can be brutalized, beaten to death or even burnt alive because some imbeciles think they're witches/wizards. Wtf!
Here in Nigeria, u'll see some kids being starved or detained in churches, whipped and harassed until they confess to being witches. If a family brings a child (to be used as househelps of course) from d village to town and anything dares go wrong in d family, aha! Na winch oooooo!
If an old woman looks at u in funny way, she's a witch. Here in naija, people will construct kiosks and call them churches. In one street alone u can see up to 20 churches all blaring unbearable noise from their giant speakers and when u complain of d noise, u're a witch or agent of satan. In a compound where u're not d only tenant, u'll host noisy casting n binding prayer sessions and if another tenant dares complain, na winch. Naija is a lawless entity with little regards for d social/physical/psychological welfare of its citizens and that's why all these nonsense can happen with no one giving a fuqq.

A western pastor/priest/man of God cannot try that nonsense that Oyedepo did. He did that because he has d mentality of a typical Nigerian. Some of u who support anything done by anyone who brands himself as a man of God need to realize that its d westerners that brought this same Christianity to us and they are not all immoral/irreligious atheists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pyrrho:
How does building Schools in Nigeria, and UK, relate to spreading the gospel?
why did the early missionaries have to build schools ... aside the education . why ?
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
Reference:

Both. The full gospel makes it clear. 'brethren, I wish.... that thou prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospers'. Practically speaking Abraham was acknowledged to be in the bosom of God. Before he died Abraham was exceedingly rich materially. Read Genesis 12 forward. The key here is not to let material stuff master and rule you. God tested Abraham and found he was willing to let go. That is the right attitude. Our wealth is meant to serve the needs, to bless others.

But take this from me today. If you 'walk' with God you will become extremely rich whether you like it or not. The problem is always us, our mentality, our reliability, our objectivity. God gives abundantly. I am a witness. I hardly preach, I am not a pastor. I just do what he says and he blesses me. So its not a matter of one person scamming the other. Most of what I have I never ask for and I don't buy much but I just get a lot of stuff....and I'm not that friendly either. God is real.

In a land where all is blind,the one-eyed man is king. This world sha. The poor man has no hope. No respite, no future, no relief, no hope. Even the church milks him dry to get richer. I respect Malala more as a girl crusading for children to go to school and that world leaders should assist than most Nigerian pastorpreneurs.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
Wisedata:
Eighty percent of all dis coments realy knows d negative impacts of bishop david oyedepo. Dat shows dat he isn't a good fellow. Naso God go dey expose dos pastors dat uses metaphysical juju or mammiwater power to operate lying to Nigerians under d umbrella of christianity nd Jesus christ. Nigeria wake up.
what percentage of nigerian population is on NL and what age group ?
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
SirShymex:

Pentecostalism isn't a threat to the traditional Churches cos no matter their reach, they're not part of the state. So basically they have no power apart from the self-anointed Pastors who are just out there to enrich themselves, at the expense of the gullible folks.

The witchcraft thing is just so medieval, and most of the traditional Churches stopped it from the mid-century to the like 18th century. So why are Pentecostal Churches so big on it now? Also, the miracle thing is just make-believe. How many times has Derren Brown exposed all these African miracle pastors on channel 4? Folks can see through the fraud.
every one hs got a right to his belief ..... thats why a christain dont talk down an unbeliever but rather tries to counsel him to a right path . why dont you counsel " this gullible folks " out of their folly. condemning their leader only makes them want to follow him more.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by cap28: 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

Some of u who support anything done by anyone who brands himself as a man of God need to realize that its d westerners that brought this same Christianity to us and they are not all immoral/irreligious atheists.

They brought Christianity to you and they used it to keep majority of you in mental bondage, come to the west and you will marvel at how nobody bothers with going to church here. Only Africans and carribean people go to church (enslaved people with enslaved minds) in huge numbers because majorify of Africans are downtrodden and poverty stricken, many are looking for a fictititious God in heaven to come down and solve their problems.

Japan is a great and powerful nation but guess what? they expelled Christian missionaries from their country in the 19th century because they knew that foreign religions mean only one thing - mental enslavement of the indigenous people, the majority of Africans are mentally enslaved to their white European oppressors.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
Reading through comments on this thread will make you understand why Nigeria is still backward...the words from the minds of the people who are supposed to be the productive crop of its citizenry says it all...Despite am not in support of everything Bishop Oyedepo does, one thing I know for sure is that "the right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously" - Therefore let sleeping dogs lie.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by troy20(m): 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
majekdom2:
thank you sir , Mr jesus. I hope to see you in heaven.
you are one of the major tumor holding this continent down that dark pit of poverty, ignorance,illiteracy...well just to only let you know i might not be the only one holding that view of you.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
majekdom2:
why did the early missionaries have to build schools ... aside the education . why ?
because they were on mission to uneducated people who can't read the bible. Neither do they av any means of writing or passing these teaching on to others through writing. Teaching them to read and write wld be the right thing to do. This wld make teaching the Bible easier, they spent years teaching people so they could teach themselves. I can't imagine how hard it must av been.

Now, answer my question.
How does building universities in Nigeria, UK, relate to preaching the gospel?!

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
AdeCisco:

Gbam!! You nailed it once! What happened to the bible verse that says 'Freely ye have received and freely ye shall also give" Oyedepo is the richest Pastor because Nigerians are the most gullible people on earth. Government is not doing anything for the poor, even the church is conning them! Ah o ma she o. The UK has been very objective about our Pastorpreneurs.

I shake my head
are you a member of his church .. do you know what activities and engagements they have for the needy. you should research all this before you judge.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by cap28: 10:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
majekdom2:
has your presence in UK made you the richest man that makes you call his memebrs poverty stricken ... wake up . these members are the ones your type are working for.

shut your fckg trap you dumb follower of a white man's religion. Oyedepo has scammed the shi.t out of you id.iots and you are too busy licking his anus that you cant even see it. Who in their right mind would follow a theif and con artist like Oyedepo - let me guess a brain dead imb.ecile like you.

I work and earn my money honestly not like your Commander in thief Oyedepo who spins you fairy stories about reaping your reward in a non existent heaven. This is why you will remain under the foot of the white man for life.

5 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by chamboy(m): 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
Reference:

Both. The full gospel makes it clear. 'brethren, I wish.... that thou prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospers'. Practically speaking Abraham was acknowledged to be in the bosom of God. Before he died Abraham was exceedingly rich materially. Read Genesis 12 forward. The key here is not to let material stuff master and rule you. God tested Abraham and found he was willing to let go. That is the right attitude. Our wealth is meant to serve the needs, to bless others.

But take this from me today. If you 'walk' with God you will become extremely rich whether you like it or not. The problem is always us, our mentality, our reliability, our objectivity. God gives abundantly. I am a witness. I hardly preach, I am not a pastor. I just do what he says and he blesses me. So its not a matter of one person scamming the other. Most of what I have I never ask for and I don't buy much but I just get a lot of stuff....and I'm not that friendly either. God is real.
misquoters

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Reference(m): 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
sharpchap:
why him go go build school for london? na God send am? we need school here, sorry we need affordable school here, not like covenant university oooo! make we no deceive ourselves oooo! and make we no help people deceive us. everything we need to know about God and His ways is in the bible. why dont we just read it and compare with what we are seeing now, and know if it corresponds, instead of just blindly following in a fanatical manner.most of us dont know God, we just know people that claim to know God.and are using that their claimed affiliation to get money and favours from us all the while living fantastic lives with their families at our expense.

Must everything be viewed through the Nigerian lens. Most modern ministries have international mandates. The school I'm sure is to serve his congregation there. Or do you wish they send their kids to Nigeria in the morning and pick them up at the airport after lunch time school close.

For those who criticise his wealth viz the poor I will dare say this. Criticise Bill Gates, Carlos Slim, Aliko Dangote, Lionel Messi, Peter and Paul Okoye because their wealth came out of 'the poor' is it....yes and no.

Yes, poor people buy their wares but their wealth comes from the rich not the poor. To be candid, it is the wealth of 'experience' created by their products that brings out great financial reward. For example Microsoft made many companies and individuals around the world more productive and thus wealthy. They in turn made Bill Gates. It is exactly the same with faith matters. The poor do give but the wealth you see really comes from people who's faith has been enhanced thus their financial status. It works exactly the same. Wealth will always move from a position of lower value to that of higher value. The bible says the poor will always be around. They will always play their part.

If someone has something I find valuable money will obviously flow from me to him irrespective of our status. Why in the world should anyone be angry or envious about this.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pyrrho:
I'm not concerned abt BBC, they wld say anytin to sell news.

I'm more concerned abt people who take advantage of others, trample on their rights, take the little they have, in the name of Christ who washed his disciples feet, pray for his killers, gave to the poor, went abt teaching, healing, loving. Yes, he talked of treasures in heaven.
According to the bible they preach, he told people to take up their cross (not jets), he didn't amass wealth, neither did Paul, Peter, or John.
These Hypocrites are worse than BBC doing bizness as usual. This is my judgement. BBC didn't slap the young girl.
Before u quote me again, I am not judging u.
was there jet during the time of jesus ... bro , if the bible were to document the whole of what happened in the old and new testament ... sure it would not be what we can carry to church. if you feel some one is taking advantage of another ... who do you think you should counsel .. the taker or the takee . does he slaps every other girl . you are entiltled to your opinion tho ... it changes nothing.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
okeke00:
so if such person should own a church, what do you think will be his target?
have you bothered to ask yourself why they have no churches or why you have not seen their churches on screens.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Olaone1: 11:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
Stupid churchgoers. Wicked Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Reference(m): 11:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
cap28:
Very good for that s.tupid fake bishop - the thief wants to come to the UK with his fake prophecy to deceive dumb Africans (most Europeans are not interested in religion) Good on the brits - keep the fool out by any means necessary, don't let the theieving charlatan and his satanic "church" anywhere near the shores of the UK, let the thief stay in Nigeria where he is free to deceive and rip off dumb Nigerians.

Sorry. But his 'satanic ch urch' is already in the UK. Been there a few years.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by cap28: 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
Another fake Nigerian pastor exposed by a black british journalist.
This fake id.iot is made to look like the lying thief that he is courtesy of this brilliant documentary , but brain dead Nigerians continue to give this theif their paltry tithes, enabling him to live a life of luxury while they continue to wallow in abject poverty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qp_4oRCp9I

2 Likes

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2014
majekdom2:
was there jet during the time of jesus ... bro , if the bible were to document the whole of what happened in the old and new testament ... sure it would not be what we can carry to church. if you feel some one is taking advantage of another ... who do you think you should counsel .. the taker or the takee . does he slaps every other girl . you are entiltled to your opinion tho ... it changes nothing.
Bro, "the taker" is the one who stands in the name of someone who gave all. "The taker" is followed cos he is believed to represent sometin better.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by swagwu(m): 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
majekdom2:
YES HE DID SLAP A GIRL THAT CALLED HERSELF WITCH. IF YOU SEE A GIRL WHO SAYS SHE IS A WITCH AND IS SERIOUS ABOUT THE STATEMENT WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?
Guy i will not slap her...i will run ooo grin

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
troy20:

you are one of the major tumor holding this continent down that dark pit of poverty, ignorance,illiteracy...well just to only let you know i might not be the only one holding that view of you.
oh thanks , say whatever to make you feel good . am in poverty , ignorance and I am a grown illiterate , infact you made yourself feel better by letting me know you are not the only one who have got this opinion about me .... so who cares , do I know you and your likes . you are irrelevant , what you have just put up now will not change my economic status in anyway ... you should do your research on that . oh , I see , you are one of those that blame people for yor woes..... you believe your definition of my " economic status " is a problem to you . you need a mental check up really.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Olaone1: 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
He is a pastor ... his wife is a pastor ... his children are pastors .... 'God' called them all

sheer stupidity

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by router123(m): 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
ikeugbo:
come to think of it, what made you think that its d poor that made them rich, how much do think a jet is worth and how much is spent on running the place: water light, roads, salaries, food and so on. Do you think its surely the poor that makes ministries rich. On the contrary its the rich and wealthy those who can easily give 10k offering in a single sunday if the poor made them rich calculate the offering at an average of N50 x 130k people in a sine sunday that N6.5m then you would need almost 500weeks to buy a jet not to talk of 4 jets. This is exculsive of running costs and other things. I say this because i have seen the offering baskets of churches made,up of N10 and so on this is not chiding those people but letting you know that God makes men rich and not common man. The rich hardly give except yoi offer them something and for them to give him willingly they see what people outside just sit down and gossip about. Moreoever the days of little beginnings yoi dont know what sacrifices were made to get to where they are. So its seriously opposite and 130k people would not be foolish for 30yrs to follow him its only those jealous that would murmur outside seeing they cannot do what people like him do daily

D above is d only logical comment I v ever read on dis thread.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Charles4075(m): 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
May God have mercy on us all and forgive us our trespasses and slanders... Amen.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by pdrefurb: 11:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
hardywaltz:
Thank God the greedy Pastorprenure is finally been made to pay for his sins..
....I pity for Ɣ☺ΰ....just wait Ɣ☺ΰ hear that the same brit Ђαvξ approved the skool...and by then Ɣ☺ΰ will hang ur head in shame....Ɣ☺ΰ just sit in ur ivory tower and open ur mouth yakata sayn hez decieb nigs since 1980.....Haters.........sit down close to ur tv u go soon hear say dem don approve d skool!!!
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Olaone1: 11:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
majekdom2:
YES HE DID SLAP A GIRL THAT CALLED HERSELF WITCH. IF YOU SEE A GIRL WHO SAYS SHE IS A WITCH AND IS SERIOUS ABOUT THE STATEMENT WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?
Whaaaat?

You are MAD, trust me angry angry

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pyrrho:
because they were on mission to uneducated people who can't read the bible. Neither do they av any means of writing or passing these teaching on to others through writing. Teaching them to read and write wld be the right thing to do. This wld make teaching the Bible easier, they spent years teaching people so they could teach themselves. I can't imagine how hard it must av been.

Now, answer my question.
How does building universities in Nigeria, UK, relate to preaching the gospel?!
different religious leader with differet approaches . it is unto you according to your belief . leave their believers to that.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
cap28:

shut your fckg trap you dumb follower of a white man's religion. Oyedepo has scammed the shi.t out of you id.iots and you are too busy licking his anus that you cant even see it. Who in their right mind would follow a theif and con artist like Oyedepo - let me guess a brain dead imb.ecile like you.

I work and earn my money honestly not like your Commander in thief Oyedepo who spins you fairy stories about reaping your reward in a non existent heaven. This is why you will remain under the foot of the white man for life.
oh thank you , am happy licking his ass . and thanks , I know you earn your money honestly now . thanks for that info too , some readers on here have seen you earn your money honestly . so what else have you to say to oyedepo and to me.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by cap28: 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
Reference:

Sorry. But his 'satanic ch urch' is already in the UK. Been there a few years.

Who are you saying sorry to - sorry for muthafckrs like you who patronise such cess pits looking for "prosperity healing" don't go and hustle like your mates, stay waiting for one pulpit pi.mp to help you reap where you did not sew.

1 Like

Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by mecussey(m): 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
omenka:
There are some Nigerians that would easily squat and lick Oyedepo's ballz if he prompts them to do so. These men commit some of the worst atrocities under the banner of "man of God" and expect no one to as much as breathe a whiff of air in protest!

I trust NO one amongst them, especially the murderer TB Joshua.

..lol...what you just said is not just neccessary. Note the two ( justs ) but a spoken word is dangerous.
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
majekdom2:
different religious leader with differet approaches . it is unto you according to your belief . leave their believers to that.
I've left their believers but their 'gods'...
Re: BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pyrrho:
Bro, "the taker" is the one who stands in the name of someone who gave all. "The taker" is followed cos he is believed to represent sometin better.
you just said " believe" .... the bible said it believe in your prophet and you shall be establshed . leave everyone to his belief . its as simple as this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? / Bishop Jonathan Muthoka Sex Scandal With Niece (See CCTV Footages) / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.