Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones (2805 Views)

In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015? / 7 Ways To Reduce Data Consumption On Android. / Mtn Free 1gb Of Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
so i have been staying off andriod phones for a while cos of the high rate of data consumption (montly subsciption) and i have finally decided to join the andriod family. So pls my question is what are the steps or settings one can undertake to cut down on the rate of data consumptions?
links or sites are also welcomed.
Tnks!
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Lexusgs430: 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
Turn your data off when not in use, is your best solution. Apps like Leandroid helps you toggle your data.
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
kushstalin:
so i have been staying off andriod phones for a while cos of the high rate of data consumption (montly subsciption) and i have finally decided to join the andriod family. So pls my question is what are the steps or settings one can undertake to cut down on the rate of data consumptions?
Tnks!
Root the phone and install droidwall. If you get a phone with kitkat then it is in the phone setting to turn off background data usage.
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
Try Onavo count, dats d best, nd make sure you force stop some irrelevant apps
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Osyxcel(m): 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
OP, this is a comprehensive article on how to reduce data consumption on your device:
http://droidarchive.com/tutorials/reducing-data-usage-android-device/
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by donbenie(m): 10:27am On Nov 09, 2014
Download Opera Max app,it helps in data compression and allows you to to block background data consumption while showing which applications are guzzling your data..works like charm,highly recommended..
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by mickstique(f): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2014
I also learnt frm dis thread bt I wil also like to knw d best plan 4 an android phone

1 Like

Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
blink182:
Root the phone and install droidwall. If you get a phone with kitkat then it is in the phone setting to turn off background data usage.
Tnks bro
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lexusgs430:
Turn your data off when not in use, is your best solution. Apps like Leandroid helps you toggle your data.
Tnks alot
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
kushstalin:

Tnks bro
You are welcome.
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mikkyboy10:
Try Onavo count, dats d best, nd make sure you force stop some irrelevant apps
Tnks!
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
Osyxcel:
OP, this is a comprehensive article on how to reduce data consumption on your device:
http://droidarchive.com/tutorials/reducing-data-usage-android-device/
Tnks!
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by harizonal123(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
donbenie:
Download Opera Max app,it helps in data compression and allows you to to block background data consumption while showing which applications are guzzling your data..works like charm,highly recommended..
hmmm... battery vampire
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Baddestguyp(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
turn off data roaming and location/map services in settings. turn off auto update and also, make sure u force close all ur apps that connect to internet when not in use eg playstore. forget the warning, it doesn't damage the app.

with all these, u don't need a special app, just browse normally, u can even leave ur internet on 24/7
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Baddestguyp:
turn off data roaming and location/map services in settings. turn off auto update and also, make sure u force close all ur apps that connect to internet when not in use eg playstore. forget the warning, it doesn't damage the app.

with all these, u don't need a special app, just browse normally, u can even leave ur internet on 24/7
Tnks
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Baddestguyp(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
kushstalin:

Tnks
uwc
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by HardeyBbee: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
people need to know that they can drastically reduce their data consumption. Opera Max is a must for everyone since all these network are giving us limited data.
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by HardeyBbee: 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
kushstalin:
Tnks!

Just like soneone said, download the Opera max, it really helps
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by youthmustwork: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
donbenie:
which site can i download it

1 Like

Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
HardeyBbee:

Just like soneone said, download the Opera max, it really helps
Tanks dear
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
youthmustwork:
yes I also need the site
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by shaokhan01(m): 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
there is no shortcut in the neck of a palm tree :othere is no shortcut in the neck of a palm tree
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by youthmustwork: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
kushstalin:

yes I also need the site
I ve gotten mine. z a very wonderful app. search "opera max" on google.

Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
youthmustwork:
I ve gotten mine. z a very wonderful app. search "opera max" on google.
I have tried downloading via sites on Google but they keep telling me 'not available yet for your region'
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by DAVE5(m): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
blink182:

chikena...
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by geniusbami(m): 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
kushstalin:
Tnks!
This would surely help www.nairaland.com/2073690/how-control-devices-data-consumption
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by donbenie(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2015
youthmustwork:
Try play store or 1mobile store..download,install and connect it..have to refresh it every 7 days,can't recommend it highly enough,it's an app from Opera Softwares,makers of Opera Mini Browser..
Re: How To Cut-down On The High Rate Of Data Consumption On Android Phones by jom28gy(m): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2019
which one is droidwall

(1) (Reply)

Independence Day: MTN Is Giving 60 Seconds Call To Nigerians / Another Free 600naira Go Claim Your Own Ooo / Guys Is This Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.