Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,562 members, 7,801,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia (97194 Views)

5 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / Anyone Working And Living In Lithuania? / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by ujugladys(f): 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
water4:

I don't think they do TESOl in class here in Nigeria, kindly recommened a centre and where u got trained.
Is online Tesol not valuable ?

I checked and the closest to Nigeria is SA and Egypt, Right?ChineloSA
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
ujugladys:

I checked and the closest to Nigeria is SA and Egypt, Right?ChineloSA

I did my TESOL with Wits University in SA. Wits language School.

I don't have any idea about Egypt. Another best option is doing it in the UK, because majority are linked to Cambridge which is required by most recruiters and Saudi Ministry of Education.

Please beware of fly by night schools in SA which won't add value. wink smiley
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by ujugladys(f): 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
chineloSA:

I did my TESOL with Wits University in SA. Wits language School.

I don't have any idea about Egypt. Another best option is doing it in the UK, because majority are linked to Cambridge which is required by most recruiters and Saudi Ministry of Education.

Please beware of fly by night schools in SA which won't add value. wink smiley

I wish it cld be done here in Nigeria, going to SA,accommodation and all the logistics, then their visa won't be a walk in the park
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
ujugladys:

I wish it cld be done here in Nigeria, going to SA,accommodation and all the logistics, then their visa won't be a walk in the park

I get you. And doing it at Wits takes about one month in attendance from 8:00 -16:00 daily. Very rigorous course I must say.

Don't think about how, you can't afford and what you cannot do and all negative things. Gather the information, apply at Wits and do quotations so that you will know what you need and works towards that. Things will just fall together.

Be an optimist. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by ujugladys(f): 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
chineloSA:

I get you. And doing it at Wits takes about one month in attendance from 8:00 -16:00 daily. Very rigorous course I must say.

Don't think about how, you can't afford and what you cannot do and all negative things. Gather the information, apply at Wits and do quotations so that you will know what you need and works towards that. Things will just fall together.

Be an optimist. smiley

Thanks dear,i will research on it and talk to my hubby to see what he thinks.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by 2sex(m): 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
where is everyone.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Detoyl: 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
@chineloSA pls do you think having a nigerian passport but study pharmacy in the uk will add to your salary and do you have what range of salary you should be expecting as having nigerian passport with uk certificate. .thanks
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by worry357: 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
Detoyl:
@chineloSA pls do you think having a nigerian passport but study pharmacy in the uk will add to your salary and do you have what range of salary you should be expecting as having nigerian passport with uk certificate. .thanks

Did you just study pharmacy for a time, or have you any recognised qualifications?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Detoyl:

What do you wanna do with your pharmacy qualification? Do you intend to come to Saudi Arabia and teach English or do you intend to practice pharmacy in the Kingdom?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
2sex:
where is everyone.

Hey dear.

I am hear oo. I have not been to nowhere?

How are you applications going?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by 2sex(m): 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
chineloSA:

Hey dear.

I am hear oo. I have not been to nowhere?

How are you applications going?
no results yet o.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Detoyl: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
chineloSA:

What do you wanna do with your pharmacy qualification? Do you intend to come to Saudi Arabia and teach English or do you intend to practice pharmacy in the Kingdom?

i want to practice as a pharmacist
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Detoyl: 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
worry357:

Did you just study pharmacy for a time, or have you any recognised qualifications?
studying pharmacy as undergraduate which is like mpharm
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
2sex:
no results yet o.

Keep on trying dear. Now is the recruiting time. New academic year starts in August so, they need teachers as some resigned and some just decide when they get to their home countries that they will not come back. I also got my offer last year around September and skepticism kept me home until this year.

I will put you in my Ramadan prayers. What's impossible is possible with God. If he did it for me he can do if for you. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
Detoyl:
i want to practice as a pharmacist

I would be lying if I say I know the salary scale for pharmacist. I will ask one Nurse I know in Riyadh for you.

But with your British qualification, there are very good chances for you.

Complete your studies, we are waiting for you in the Kingdom wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Detoyl: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
chineloSA:

I would be lying if I say I know the salary scale for pharmacist. I will ask one Nurse I know in Riyadh for you.

But with your British qualification, there are very good chances for you.

Complete your studies, we are waiting for you in the Kingdom wink wink
shukran (thanks).....i have some friends from saudi that we are studying together and even other nationality whose parent are working in saudi and i learn from them about the passport issue with salary but i was trying to find out from a NNigerian who can tell me more info cause i guess they wont want to tell me in my face
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Detoyl: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hope you are enjoying yr stay and staying off mutawa...
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by worry357: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
Detoyl:
studying pharmacy as undergraduate which is like mpharm

You have not said if you finished your course and gained a qualification.
Just "studying" means nothing.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by 2sex(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
For those who like to teach I found this on the web at expatriates.com

Jilin Younovo Education Exchanges Service Center is a legally registered company located in Changchun city, Jilin province, China. We are permitted by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts to employ English teachers and experts from all over the world. Now We want personnel who wish to come to China and teach oral English and interact with students in different institutes from kindergarten to university. Jilin Younovo Education is a total legitimate company based in Changchun city, northeast of China. Authorized by and on behalf of the Department of Education of local government, we seek English teachers for other educational institutions nationwide. We welcome travel loving people and students doing internship while teaching English in their chosen Chinese cities. Teaching positions are available full time and part time to suit individual’s life style. You will get a lot of benefits like the free accommodation,the Chinese legal holidays,extra pay for extra working hours etc.We will arrange your legal status here.
Job requirements:
1.native english spearker or fluent english spearker with no distinguishable non-native speaker's accent.
2.university degree preferred regardless of the majoy or alternatively.
3.TESOL/TEFL/ESL certificate holders or trainee teachers perferred but no essential.
4.no record of criminal activities.
5.physically healthy with no infectious diseases.
6.willing to work 22 hours per week.
Have FUN in China !
Please log on our web site to find out more information. www.teacher-inchina.com.
Contact: Krystal Tel. +86 431 8961 0148 (office hours 00.00 – 09.00 GMT)
QQ:2853280222
E-mail : 2853280222@qq.com

http://www.expatriates.com/cls/27215918.html
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Detoyl: 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
worry357:

You have not said if you finished your course and gained a qualification.
Just "studying" means nothing.
about finishing
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by 2sex(m): 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by 2sex(m): 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
chineloSA:

Keep on trying dear. Now is the recruiting time. New academic year starts in August so, they need teachers as some resigned and some just decide when they get to their home countries that they will not come back. I also got my offer last year around September and skepticism kept me home until this year.

I will put you in my Ramadan prayers. What's impossible is possible with God. If he did it for me he can do if for you. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Okay but from my observations, it seems that like Teaching English is easiest and only available means of getting into the kingdom? I stand corrected. Why are English Teachers so sought after?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
Detoyl:
shukran (thanks).....i have some friends from saudi that we are studying together and even other nationality whose parent are working in saudi and i learn from them about the passport issue with salary but i was trying to find out from a NNigerian who can tell me more info cause i guess they wont want to tell me in my face

Please share with us what your friends said?

But situations are different, your God may open a door that no one can close. Stay positive. wink wink
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
Detoyl:
Hope you are enjoying yr stay and staying off mutawa...

Its OK, I have a lot to tell though grin grin grin I can only address some through questions. grin grin

God forbid, I dont want any dealing with the Mutawas. They can be ruthless. sad
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
2sex:
Okay but from my observations, it seems that like Teaching English is easiest and only available means of getting into the kingdom? I stand corrected. Why are English Teachers so sought after?

Its because :
1. Research and development is mostly western so they are compelled to use English to learn content subjects ( Medicine, Science etc ). Though majority of their textbooks are in both English and Arabic but they have to understand English. And most lecturing is done in both languages.
2. Remember woman agenda and woman education in not even two decades old. So the Kingdom is still trying to develop woman therefore majority of the English teaching jobs are available at woman institutions. A Saudi man can always go to the UK etc and study with no hassles, but its hard for a woman to leave the country without a male guardian coming with them.
3. Some Universities are in the process of development. Some are not even 10yrs old, so they depend on foreign research and development to develop their education system. So its now becoming mandatoy to learn English.
4. There is a high turnover. Expats resign once they cant take it anymore. The country itself can get to you. So some nationals cant cope.

So this makes English look like is highly sort after when in actual fact its the same positions.

But Computer, Maths, Physics and Science teachers are also in very high demand. smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by 2sex(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
chineloSA:

Its because :
1. Research and development is mostly western so they are compelled to use English to learn content subjects ( Medicine, Science etc ). Though majority of their textbooks are in both English and Arabic but they have to understand English. And most lecturing is done in both languages.
2. Remember woman agenda and woman education in not even two decades old. So the Kingdom is still trying to develop woman therefore majority of the English teaching jobs are available at woman institutions. A Saudi man can always go to the UK etc and study with no hassles, but its hard for a woman to leave the country without a male guardian coming with them.
3. Some Universities are in the process of development. Some are not even 10yrs old, so they depend on foreign research and development to develop their education system. So its now becoming mandatoy to learn English.
4. There is a high turnover. Expats resign once they cant take it anymore. The country itself can get to you. So some nationals cant cope.

So this makes English look like is highly sort after when in actual fact its the same positions.

But Computer, Maths, Physics and Science teachers are also in very high demand. smiley smiley
I would rather go for Maths or Computer... but hardly see such except English or am I looking in the wrong place? But frankly I would prefer to enter their oil and gas industry even if it means starting at the lowest rank... cos that's what I studied. But it seems hard to break into that sector. Please if you find any info regarding their energy sector that would aid me, please share. The one I contacted last time from Expatriates.com hasn't replied me yet. It was an entry level position.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Detoyl: 11:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
chineloSA:

Please share with us what your friends said?

But situations are different, your God may open a door that no one can close. Stay positive. wink wink
my friends who are originally saudi or kuwati or emirati find it not that easy to tell about the unequallity of salary...but the ones whose parent are working in gulf are open about it and told me thats why most of them come to uk or usa to study so as to get better edge....and even sometimes travel to canada to get citizenship. ..but even now canada is difficult.. but i still have some who said is about knowing people also as they can influence your salary or introduce you into oil company. Like i av a friend who said his dad friends have already secured a job to come and head just by finishing is course...i believe you must av been familiar with all the saga
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
Detoyl:
my friends who are originally saudi or kuwati or emirati find it not that easy to tell about the unequallity of salary...but the ones whose parent are working in gulf are open about it and told me thats why most of them come to uk or usa to study so as to get better edge....and even sometimes travel to canada to get citizenship. ..but even now canada is difficult.. but i still have some who said is about knowing people also as they can influence your salary or introduce you into oil company. Like i av a friend who said his dad friends have already secured a job to come and head just by finishing is course...i believe you must av been familiar with all the saga

Truly truly there are disparities. Your passport/ nationality speaks for you here.

As for contacts, I have not come across such. Yes amongst Saudis it's very common. They get anything through contacts including university. As for expats, I have not really come across such. The only thing I am aware of is Nationality. Even then, I can guarantee you that you will be better off than your counterparts in your home country or majority of the countries. Here you save a lot because, you don't pay for accommodation and electricity and also transport to work.

I will advice you to keep on keeping on applying. One day the sun will shine on you.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Detoyl: 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
chineloSA:

Truly truly there are disparities. Your passport/ nationality speaks for you here.

As for contacts, I have not come across such. Yes amongst Saudis it's very common. They get anything through contacts including university. As for expats, I have not really come across such. The only thing I am aware of is Nationality. Even then, I can guarantee you that you will be better off than your counterparts in your home country or majority of the countries. Here you save a lot because, you don't pay for accommodation and electricity and also transport to work.

I will advice you to keep on keeping on applying. One day the sun will shine on you.
thanks for your response. i guess i also have to start making connections with friends.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
2sex:
I would rather go for Maths or Computer... but hardly see such except English or am I looking in the wrong place? But frankly I would prefer to enter their oil and gas industry even if it means starting at the lowest rank... cos that's what I studied. But it seems hard to break into that sector. Please if you find any info regarding their energy sector that would aid me, please share. The one I contacted last time from Expatriates.com hasn't replied me yet. It was an entry level position.

Job Posting # 251061 Jun 22, 2015
Seeking English & Math Teachers for Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia (Dammam (Al-Hasa & Abqiq))

14400 SAR
Requisites: Min B.A. & Teaching Certification (classroom)
Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL, High School, University, Math/Physics

Details:
SEEKING NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKING TEACHERS
Desert Recruiting Services is seeking MALE teachers for teaching positions in Saudi Arabia.
We only accept applications through our job portal which can be accessed through our website.
Detailed information for our teaching jobs are posted on our portal. Minimum requirements are as follows:
• Currently we only have MALE positions (Saudi cultural/religious requirements)
• Only able to recruit Native English speakers who were born in or educated in a western country
• Between the age of 22 and 58
• English: Minimum B.A. (humanities) and an in-class 120hr teaching certification required
• Math: Related degree + Experience teaching basic math
• Passport valid for minimum of one year
• No criminal record
All positions have full benefits including housing, transportation. Unfortunately the structure of this program does not allow for family members to join.
VISIT OUR JOB PORTAL FOR THIS AND OTHER TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES

CLICK HERE TO APPLY VIA EMPLOYERS WEBSITE

Go to serious teachers website and look for this job post with the above reference number and see what will happens.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by SolidMoney21: 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hi Chinelo,I got a job in Najran,I have read a lot about the place online,as someone residing in Saudi right now,what do you think about accepting a job in a place like that?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 10, 2015
SolidMoney21:
Hi Chinelo,I got a job in Najran,I have read a lot about the place online,as someone residing in Saudi right now,what do you think about accepting a job in a place like that?
how did u get it and how much is the pay, did u use nigeria passport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) / Deniz Saypinar Stopped From Boarding A Plane For Wearing This (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.