Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? (5473 Views)

Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Is Christianity Losing The Battle On Nairaland? / Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
I Wonder what Is going on In Europe And America as regards the Christians in the two continents. They seems not to belief Bible let alone Jesus Christ. They twist Bible teachings to suit their Lifestyles, like the case of homosexuality. And they are on daily basis getting converted to other religions. So, the question is, why is it that the number of Christians has drastically reduced in percentage terms?
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
It is because man is evolving beyond the folly of religion in those climes.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
Because they are a more educated and advanced society.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
Anything with a beginning will always have an end. Christianity has served his cause for the Caucasians. They have successfully dominated the world,conquered impossible territories with it,now they do not need it anymore. It now belongs to the Third World countries.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by pdppower: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
It is because the world is coming to an end
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

It is because man is evolving beyond the folly of religion in those climes.

Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.
-Bill Gates

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
pdppower:
It is because the world is coming to an end

undecided

Religion- making people believe in the apocalypse since 0 AD

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by mmsen: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
It was a trend that had its uses for those in power.

That use has now vanished and thus we have a new cult of consumerism and individualism.

Most people are sheep. They may have vanquished one backwards practice but it has only been replaced by another peculiar trend.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Kovic08(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
This is not about the diminishing of Christianity only

Majority of these people don't believe in going to anywhere ( especially the young ones).. If you look at those people very well you will notice that only their old one go to church ( esp the Americans)
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
Some Of The Comments Are Atheistical.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kovic08:
This is not about the diminishing of Christianity only

Majority of these people don't believe in going to anywhere ( especially the young ones).. If you look at those people very well you will notice that only their old one go to church ( esp the Americans)
u Ar Rite, Bt Wat Exaktly Is D Cause?
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
the man of sin cannot dwel in a world of righteousness and truth,bible say the falling away must come first then the man of sin will be revealed, jesus even say"when i come,will i find faith" he went on and say"he that endureth to the end will be saved"this is the last day,we are living in the last day of God creation.broad is the way that lead to hell many will go in there,but narrow is the way that lead to enternal life, few will chose this way.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by nairalife2013(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
Many believe God is too "heartless" to be real. They hit d streets of life, with carelessness as thier companion and providence as thier ultimate guide. Que sera sera, they whistle along... what will be will be. Tis a pity.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by twosquare(m): 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
kaybiel2u:
I Wonder what Is going on In Europe And America as regards the Christians in the two continents. They seems not to belief Bible let alone Jesus Christ. They twist Bible teachings to suit their Lifestyles, like the case of homosexuality. And they are on daily basis getting converted to other religions. So, the question is, why is it that the number of Christians has drastically reduced in percentage terms?
coz their eyes of understanding have become darkened. Romans 1:21-32 is what happened to them.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
Too tired to follow church doctrines, some carried of by the lure of other religions and the recent voice atheism has since 9/11. I think it is rubbing off on African youth.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
UyiIredia:
Too tired to follow church doctrines, some carried of by the lure of other religions and the recent voice atheism has since 9/11. I think it is rubbing off on African youth.

^^^
Shallow nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
JackBizzle:

^^^
Shallow nonsense

From a fool lacking in the ability to think well this is unsurprising.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
twosquare:
coz their eyes of understanding have become darkened. Romans 1:21-32 is what happened to them.
point noted tnks
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
UyiIredia:

From a fool lacking in the ability to think well this is unsurprising.

grin grin

So emotional....so much butthurt.

There are many reasons why christianity/religion is dying in the west and you chose to put vague nonsense.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
UyiIredia:
This is a preface to the Ghosts by Robert G. Ingersoll. This text was written in 1878.

These lectures have been so maimed and mutilated by orthodox malice; have been made to appear so halt, crutched and decrepit by those who mistake the pleasures of calumny for the duties of religion, that in simple justice to myself I concluded to publish them.
Most of the clergy are, or seem to be, utterly incapable of discussing anything in a fair and catholic spirit. They appeal, not to reason, but to prejudice; not to facts, but to passages of scripture. They can conceive of no goodness, of no spiritual exaltation beyond the horizon of their creed. Whoever differs with them upon what they are pleased to call "fundamental truths" is, in their opinion, a base and infamous man. To re-enact the tragedies of the Sixteenth Century, they lack only the power. Bigotry in all ages has been the same. Christianity simply transferred the brutality of the Colosseum to the Inquisition. For the murderous combat of the gladiators, the saints substituted the auto de fe. What has been called religion is, after all, but the organization of the wild beast in man. The perfumed blossom of arrogance is Heaven. Hell is the consummation of revenge.
The chief business of the clergy has always been to destroy the joy of life, and multiply and magnify the terrors and tortures of death and perdition. They have polluted the heart and paralyzed the brain; and upon the ignorant altars of the Past and the Dead, they have endeavored to sacrifice the Present and the Living.
Nothing can exceed the mendacity of the religious press. I have had some little experience with political editors, and am forced to say, that until I read the religious papers, I did not know what malicious and slimy falsehoods could be constructed from ordinary words. The ingenuity with which the real and apparent meaning can be tortured out of language, is simply amazing. The average religious editor is intolerant and insolent; he knows nothing of affairs; he has the envy of failure, the malice of impotence, and always accounts for the brave and generous actions of unbelievers, by low, base and unworthy motives.
By this time, even the clergy should know that the intellect of the Nineteenth Century needs no, guardian. They should cease to regard themselves as shepherds defending flocks of weak, silly and fearful sheep from the claws and teeth of ravening wolves. By this time they should know that the religion of the ignorant and brutal Past no longer satisfies the heart and brain; that the miracles have become contemptible; that the "evidences" have ceased to convince; that the spirit of investigation cannot be stopped nor stayed; that the Church is losing her power; that the young are holding in a kind of tender contempt the sacred follies of the old; that the pulpit and pews no longer represent the culture and morality of the world, and that the brand of intellectual inferiority is upon the orthodox brain.
Men should be liberated from the aristocracy of the air. Every chain of superstition should be broken. The rights of men and women should be equal and sacred—marriage should be a perfect partnership—children should be governed by kindness,—every family should be a republic—every fireside a democracy.
It seems almost impossible for religious people to really grasp the idea of intellectual freedom. They seem to think that man is responsible for his honest thoughts; that unbelief is a crime; that investigation is sinful; that credulity is a virtue, and that reason is a dangerous guide. They cannot divest themselves of the idea that in the realm of thought there must be government—authority and obedience—laws and penalties—rewards and punishments, and that somewhere in the universe there is a penitentiary for the soul.
In the republic of mind, one is a majority. There, all are monarchs, and all are equals. The tyranny of a majority even is unknown. Each one is crowned, sceptered and throned. Upon every brow is the tiara, and around every form is the imperial purple. Only those are good citizens who express their honest thoughts, and those who persecute for opinion's sake, are the only traitors. There, nothing is considered infamous except an appeal to brute force, and nothing sacred but love, liberty, and joy. The church contemplates this republic with a sneer. From the teeth of hatred she draws back the lips of scorn. She is filled with the spite and spleen born of intellectual weakness. Once she was egotistic; now she is envious.
Once she wore upon her hollow breast false gems, supposing them to be real. They have been shown to be false, but she wears them still. She has the malice of the caught, the hatred of the exposed.
We are told to investigate the bible for ourselves, and at the same time informed that if we come to the conclusion that it is not the inspired word of God, we will most assuredly be damned. Under such circumstances, if we believe this, investigation is impossible. Whoever is held responsible for his conclusions cannot weigh the evidence with impartial scales. Fear stands at the balance, and gives to falsehood the weight of its trembling hand.
I oppose the Church because she is the enemy of liberty; because her dogmas are infamous and cruel; because she humiliates and degrades woman; because she teaches the doctrines of eternal torment and the natural depravity of man; because she insists upon the absurd, the impossible, and the senseless; because she resorts to falsehood and slander; because she is arrogant and revengeful; because she allows men to sin on a credit; because she discourages self-reliance, and laughs at good works; because she believes in vicarious virtue and vicarious vice—vicarious punishment and vicarious reward; because she regards repentance of more importance than restitution, and because she sacrifices the world we have to one we know not of.
The free and generous, the tender and affectionate, will understand me. Those who have escaped from the grated cells of a creed will appreciate my motives. The sad and suffering wives, the trembling and loving children will thank me: This is enough.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
the man of sin cannot dwel in a world of righteousness and truth,bible say the falling away must come first then the man of sin will be revealed, jesus even say"when i come,will i find faith" he went on and say"he that endureth to the end will be saved"this is the last day,we are living in the last day of God creation.broad is the way that lead to hell many will go in there,but narrow is the way that lead to enternal life, few will chose this way.
point noted cogent support.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
kaybiel2u:
u Ar Rite, Bt Wat Exaktly Is D Cause?

Why religion is dying in the west

1) Many Western people see religion (especially abrahamic) as a roadblock to science and technological advancement. eg Jews and muslims kill animals with barbaric techniques. Religious people stopping stem cell research and denying evolution

2) Many compare the violent and barbaric history of a religious Europe with the relative peacefulness and advancement of a secular Europe.

3) Religion and philosophy/logic do not mix. Philosophy is the cornerstone of Western civilization

4) Theocracy is bad for capitalism.

etc

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by UyiIredia(m): 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
JackBizzle:

grin grin

So emotional....so much butthurt.

There are many reasons why christianity/religidying in the west and you chose to put vague nonsense.

Yet more trifles from a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
JackBizzle:

Why religion is dying in the west

1) Many Western people see religion (especially abrahamic) as a roadblock to science and technological advancement. eg Jews and muslims kill animals with barbaric techniques. Religious people stopping stem cell research and denying evolution

2) Many compare the violent and barbaric history of a religious Europe with the relative peacefulness and advancement of a secular Europe.

3) Religion and philosophy/logic do not mix. Philosophy is the cornerstone of Western civilization

4) Theocracy is bad for capitalism.

etc
baseless Point
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by plaetton: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
JackBizzle:

^^^
Shallow nonsense

Seconded.

The funny thing is that at least 4 posters have given the op the simplest and common sense reasons, but he is still asking the question.

I guess that all the Op really wants to hear is that the devil is to blame, and the end of the world nonsesne.

These African minds are just unbelievable in the way they are trying to completely ignore the history of Christianity.
He is asking why the people that originally sold christianity to him are now abandoning it.

If the Toyota family of Japan to start abandoning Toyota cars to buy other brands of cars for themselves , or they start exploring other suitable, much safer, more efficient means of transportation with far less pollution, then, shouldn't you, the importer of Toyota cars, begin to reconsider your purchase of Toyota cars?

Another analogy: The op should also be asking why do Europeans and Americans abandon the cars that are imported to us as Tokumbo cars?

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by JackBizzle: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
plaetton:

Seconded.

The funny thing is that at least 4 posters have given the op the simplest and common sense reasons, but he is still asking the question.

I guess that all the Op really wants to hear is that the devil is to blame.

These African minds are just unbelievable in the way they are trying to completely ignore the history of Christianity.
He is asking why the people that originally sold christianity to him are now abandoning it.

If the Toyota family of Japan to start abandoning Toyota cars to buy other brands of cars for themselves , or they start exploring other suitable, much safer, more efficient means of transportation with far less pollution, then, shouldn't you, the importer of Toyota cars, begin to reconsider your purchase of Toyota cars?

Another analogy: The op should also be asking why do Europeans and Americans abandon the cars that are imported to us as Tokumbo cars?

Sometimes though, experience is the best teacher. I always knew that Europeans arent religious. I had to see it for myself to understand why. A society that operates on efficiency doesnt bother about religion.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by plaetton: 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
musKeeto:

This is a preface to the Ghosts by Robert G. Ingersoll. This text was written in 1878.

Thank you Muskeeto.

I find it funny that the op is pretending to ask a question, while he already knows what kind of answers to accept and the types to reject.

How can anyone ever learn something new when he has already chosen and restricted what he wants to know and what he doesn't want to know?

Dellusional stone-age goons.

No wonder there is a dearth of intelligence in the land.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Orunto: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
While Africa is still spending much time on the Principles of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, Europe, America and infact Asia are now researching seriously in the Practices and Applications of those Principles.
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by Macelliot(m): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
The Warriors of Anti Christ are devouring believers knowingly and un-knownly in disguise as free-thinkers, atheists, agnostics, deists, humanists, satanists, skeptics e.t.c

On this Rock I build my Church and the gates of Hell shall never prevail against it.....
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by plaetton: 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
Orunto:
While Africa is still spending much time on the Principles of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, Europe, America and infact Asia are now researching seriously in the Practices and Applications of those Principles.

You've got to be kidding , right? shocked

C'mon , open your eyes and ears.

Are you living in an alternate universe?.

The only principles that religion, especially the three that you have mentioned , have ever bequeathed humanity is to pit one human against another human.
Nothing more.
Look around you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by okeke00(m): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
how do you come to know all this?
Re: Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? by malvisguy212: 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
okeke00:
how do you come to know all this?
are you a christian,my good friend?
◄ 2 Thessalonians 2:3 ►
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,
except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed,
the son of perdition;
in other word: the last day shall not come unless people depart from the truth,clearing the way for wikedness and sin to happen,this is the perfect time for athiest and muslims,
athiest:do what they want to do as it pleased them
muslims: implement sharia law, abandon the grace of God in christ jesus, a sinner can condemed a sinner to death with the help of sharia law, or even falsly condemed a beliver.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Party! Party!! Party!!! / According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion. / Forgiveness And Grace, A Video Everybody Must Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.