Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation (59627 Views)

Printed Circuit Board For Your Electronics Project. / Nepa Alarm: Circuit To Power Small Speaker / Circuit Diagram Of A Pure Sine Wave Inverter Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by koolg: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
acorntree:

I picked pic microcontroller because its easy to get in the market. AVR is also a good microcontroller

nice one
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by darediamond(m): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
I speacialy have intreast in Wattage Booster which enables for Turning low Watt to Higher Wattage using probally Capacitors, Diodes, Resistors and High voltage Step Down Transformer.
OP please open the PDF file I attach to see a Voltage Multiplier Schemmantics in it.
The explanation on that schemantics is that the incoming 120VAC was turned to upward of 3000vdc using capacitors and Diodes.
The trick to achieving that starts with using Capacitors whose voltage rating is times 2 of the incoming AC Voltage.
Now let say the incoming AC is 120V and the accompany amps is say 3A, I would then prefer to multiply the voltage to something like 6000vdc and then usse an High voltage step-down transfomer to obtain something like 24V 200A at the secondary winding ide of the transformer.
OP is this not possible if I use Capacitor with High Capacitance starting from 1000uf?
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by deleib(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
acorntree:
Are you interested in learning electronics design? This thread is an avenue for students, hobbyists, do it yourself,electronics technician to learn the rudiments of how electronics circicuits are design. The basic software tools needed in this thread are easily available on the internet for free. The thread will be made as much interactive as possible and you are free to make your contributions, comments and you can even ask question if there are any. The thread will be made to be continuous in as much as there are contributions and flow of information. Circuit ideas can also be shared if you have any. Nothing will be hidden and every detail process involve in the design process will be shown through the use of multimedia such as picture, charts and video if there are any. Circuit diagram, pcb lay out diagram, 3D visualization and prototype picture will be displayed using jpeg picture format.
The software that are used in most of these design are classified as followssad 1)The schematic capture software for designing the circuit diagram
(2)The circuit simulation software for simulating the circuit, to see how the circuit behave in real life situation
(3)The pcb design software for designing the electronics components layout and path for current flow. This is achieved either through autorouting or manual routing
(4) The programming software for writing code for embedded system if you are using microcontroller or eeprom in your circuit
The hardware that are needed are(1) analogue or digital multimeter(2)oscilloscope if you have access to any(3)soldering iron/ rework station(4)12v, 6v battery or desktop power supply.
Project topic will be for a month, and within this period you are to make your contributions, ask questions ,build your own version of the hardware. You can only learn through building. Engineering is all about building things.wherever possible it is much better to learn by doing things yourself than by reading about them.
You will find in this thread a lot of suggestions, ideas you can do yourself. I hope you will all manage to do these things as you go along. So let get started as we delve into world of electronics together.
bro, i'm really impressed by this project. I really do sth like this. I have a strong love for technical build up and dn't knw if u cn help. I wana learn how to built circuitories. Pls help. My email is ibamex49@gmail.com and my digits=08106532532
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by thecommunist(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Acorntree, musicwriter and all our gurus here, please can we organise a place to meet so as to lern and share ideas plus you guys tend to get carried away and start talking hi-tech such that most of us are lost in the discussion. Please carry us along. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by AlPacino3(m): 5:51am On Dec 14, 2014
Hi Acorntree, 9free, Usisky and everybody. Nice job you all are doing here and I am especially happy for the knowledge transfer and to know several people are actually interested in embedded electronics. My contribution: For those looking to learn to program microcontroller but the daunting task of learning the language references and instruction sets for the specific microcontroller always puts them off, try FLOWCODE from Matrix Multimedia. Flowcode is a cross-platform language meaning you can program PICs, AVRs, ARMs, and even Arduino without really needing to learn a specific language like C or Basic. So long as you can logically think and represent your thoughts in a logical flowchart, you can be up and running within a few minutes! There are examples that can help kick start your learning and I can guarantee you that it is fun because it also has a software simulator included which helps you to see your program's behaviour in a simulated hardware environment. Try it out and if you have further enquiries, post it here as I am following the thread. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by acorntree(m): 6:12am On Dec 14, 2014
birdman:

nice one. i am curious, maybe i missed it somewhere on this thread, but where/how are you buying the electronic parts for your project. Online, surplus store or what?
You can easily source for the parts in oshodi or alaba if you're in lagos. Try shop A7 in oshodi main market.
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by acorntree(m): 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
@AlPacino3 Yes , one can equally use flowcode for those who don't want to delve into learning programming. One just need to draw the flowchart for the project. its very easily when compared with programming. I've been using old version of flowcode. do you have a link where I can download the latest version with crack or license key
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by acorntree(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
deleib:
bro, i'm really impressed by this project. I really do sth like this. I have a strong love for technical build up and dn't knw if u cn help. I wana learn how to built circuitories. Pls help. My email is ibamex49@gmail.com and my digits=08106532532
What's your background in electronics? Do you have any certificate in electronics or physics
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by 9free(m): 9:40am On Dec 15, 2014
acorntree:
@AlPacino3 Yes , one can equally use flowcode for those who don't want to delve into learning programming. One just need to draw the flowchart for the project. its very easily when compared with programming. I've been using old version of flowcode. do you have a link where I can download the latest version with crack or license key

Oga AlPacino3, I will appreciate if you could help with the bolded quote. Though I prefer raw coding so as have a better control of my Micro-controllers but If FLOWCODE will make my work easier, then I have no choice than to give it a try. Does flowcode also have an integrated debugging program?

1 Like

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
@Acorntree, pls U seem to have ignored the PCB request I made previously.
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by cross6: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
Pls guys,I really appreciate u guys. Pls! I hav been looking forward 2 lern hw 2 build circuits,I think dis is my opportunity. Pls! @ acorntree I need u help. My no is 08068292019,mail, chikelubauchenna@yahoo.com or @gmail.com...pls! Flash me I will call u or mail me so dat we discourse. Thanks
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by 9free(m): 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
acorntree:
SOURCE CODE FOR THE TRANSMITTER(pic16f84)
Copy this into any picbasic compiler , compile and then burn into your microcontroller using programmer.

DEFINE OSC 4
TRISA=%00011110
TRISB=%11111111
OPTION_REG.7=0
BILGI VAR BYTE

SYMBOL VERIOUT=PORTA.0

MAIN: BILGI=255
GOSUB PORTA_BAK
IF PORTB<255 THEN
BILGI=PORTB
GOSUB VER
while portb<255:wend
ENDIF

pause 10
GOTO MAIN

VER:
serout2 VERIOUT,813,[REP$AA\5,REP$00\5,REP$FF\5]
serout2 VERIOUT,813,["E","T","E",BILGI]
RETURN

PORTA_BAK:
BILGI=PORTA & %00011110
IF BILGI<30 THEN
GOSUB VER
' PAUSE 100
ENDIF
WHILE PORTA<30 : WEND
RETURN
END

Good.
But I want to add here that whoever provides source code(s) should also find time to explain in plain language what each line of code is meant for. You can also comment on each line; which I believe is a good programming practice.
//Newbies to Digital/Embedded Electronics in mind
//Bless you
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by AlPacino3(m): 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
@ Acorntree, flowcode's latest version is 6 and in truth, it does make your work easier. As for getting it, I will try and locate the link from where you can download a working version but if that fails, I would find a way of uploading it somewhere for you guys to download tomorrow. Flowcode is great and I use it officially for 80% of my commercial programming.
@9free, you can simulate and debug in a very interactive way with watch windows to see how your variables are changing based on each step in your code and an integrated simulator that is as close to real hardware as you can get. You can also embed C codes directly in your flowcharts which enables you to explore functions that cannot directly be handled by flowcode.
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by acorntree(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2014
@ores check this link. http://m.instructables.com/id/Cheap-and-Easy-Toner-Transfer-for-PCB-Making/
I've been using this method of toner transfer method for all my pcb.
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Manchidoy: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2014
Please I need a help on how to connect timer (timed relay) with alarm (siren) to serve as indicator if NEPA brings light.
I bought them but dont know how to install it. The wiring diagram is shown below. I dont understant the follwing symbols: b/w pin 3 and 1, b/w pin 5 and 8, b/w pin 4 and 1, b/w pin 6 and 8. Which pin will i connect d alarm? Thanks

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2014
acorntree:
@ores check this link. http://m.instructables.com/id/Cheap-and-Easy-Toner-Transfer-for-PCB-Making/
Thanks
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 16, 2014
Manchidoy:
...I dont understant the follwing symbols: b/w pin 3 and 1, b/w pin 5 and 8, b/w pin 4 and 1, b/w pin 6 and 8. Which pin will i connect d alarm? Thanks

Your timer relay has two poles (i.e it can control two independent circuits simultaneously).
From the picture you uploaded,
Pins 1 & 8 are the common contacts of pole 1 and pole 2 respectively.
Pins 3 & 5 are the Normally Closed contacts of pole 1 and pole 2 respectively.
Pins 4 & 6 are the Normally Open contacts of pole 1 and pole 2 respectively.

Now to connect your alarm, be safety conscious, 220V AC can kill. I suggest you remove your mains fuse even if there is no 'light' grin and obey other safety precautions.

Connect the Mains Neutral to pin 1.
Connect the Mains Live to pin 8.
Connect the Siren Neutral to pin 3.
Connect the Siren Live to pin 5.

Note: I am assuming the Siren also works on 220V AC.
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by 9free(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2014
Manchidoy:
Please I need a help on how to connect timer (timed relay) with alarm (siren) to serve as indicator if NEPA brings light.
I bought them but dont know how to install it. The wiring diagram is shown below. I dont understant the follwing symbols: b/w pin 3 and 1, b/w pin 5 and 8, b/w pin 4 and 1, b/w pin 6 and 8. Which pin will i connect d alarm? Thanks

0rex:

Your timer relay has two poles (i.e it can control two independent circuits simultaneously).
Pins 1 & 8 are the common contacts of pole 1 and pole 2 respectively.
Pins 3 & 5 are the Normally Closed contacts of pole 1 and pole 2 respectively.
Pins 4 & 6 are the Normally Open contacts of pole 1 and pole 2 respectively.

Now to connect your alarm, be safety conscious, 220V AC can kill. I suggest you remove your mains fuse even if there is no 'light' grin and obey other safety precautions.

Connect the Mains Neutral to pin 1.
Connect the Mains Live to pin 8.
Connect the Siren Neutral to pin 3.
Connect the Siren Live to pin 5.

Note: I am assuming the Siren also works on 220V AC.

There you have it as shown in the image attached....

1 Like

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by 9free(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2014
AlPacino3:
@ Acorntree, flowcode's latest version is 6 and in truth, it does make your work easier. As for getting it, I will try and locate the link from where you can download a working version but if that fails, I would find a way of uploading it somewhere for you guys to download tomorrow. Flowcode is great and I use it officially for 80% of my commercial programming.
@9free, you can simulate and debug in a very interactive way with watch windows to see how your variables are changing based on each step in your code and an integrated simulator that is as close to real hardware as you can get. You can also embed C codes directly in your flowcharts which enables you to explore functions that cannot directly be handled by flowcode.

shocked shocked shocked
Interesting......
Please share the link or upload in 4shared.
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by 9free(m): 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
acorntree:

Chief Programmer, are there updates available for the PCB Symbol Library/Gallery?
Or are we limited by the default gallery components?
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Manchidoy: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
@Orex, 4rm d diagram the power source are pin 2 and pin 7. How come pin 1 and 8?
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
Manchidoy:
@Orex, 4rm d diagram the power source are pin 2 and pin 7. How come pin 1 and 8?
Pins 2 & 7 only powers the internal circuitry of the timer. To power the siren you must connect power to pins 1 & 8.

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
9free:

There you have it as shown in the image attached....
Actually different from my explanation but this method will also work. Only one pole of the timer relay is used here.
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by 9free(m): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
0rex:
Actually different from my explanation but this method will also work. Only one pole of the timer relay is used here.
Was only providing an alternative to yours. Yes, only a pole of the timer was used.

1 Like

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
9free:

Was only providing an alternative to yours. Yes, only a pole of the timer was used.
wink
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by 9free(m): 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by acorntree(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
9free:

Chief Programmer, are there updates available for the PCB Symbol Library/Gallery?
Or are we limited by the default gallery components?
You can create your own symbols and add to the library for pcb wizard. Search for tutorial on how to do that on the net
Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by xchuky: 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
You can now make PCB in Nigeria. You can visit Veecey electronics.com or call 08037441490. Our office is at 13 Mush in Road Isolo Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by AlPacino3(m): 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sorry guys that I have not contributed in a while - I am a working man smiley. I am currently uploading the cracked Flowcode file on 4shared but the internet is a bit slow plus I didn't start on time today. I am sure you guys can get it tomorrow as I will announce it here once it is finished and you can download. I also bundled a book in the "rared" file which will definitely be a great help for everyone to start using this great programming tool. Please note that you need WINRAR to be able to decompress the file. WINRAR is available on the internet in case you don't have it. Follow the installation instruction in the folder and you should be good but if you still have problems installing it, let me know here.

xchuky:
You can now make PCB in Nigeria. You can visit Veecey electronics.com or call 08037441490. Our office is at 13 Mush in Road Isolo Lagos.

Can you upload a picture of a PCB these guys have made? I have seen several locally made PCBs but they just don't look professional enough for what I can use and like I said, I am using electronics commercially for my job so I can't afford to use substandard products. Will appreciate a picture.

1 Like

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by Manchidoy: 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
@Orex, thank u very much, it worked perfectly as u explained.

1 Like

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by AlPacino3(m): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hello guys! As promised, see download link for flowcode on 4shared: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Bdjzq_4Lba/Flowcode_Professional_437_Plus.html

1 Like

Re: Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation by pricelessmr: 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
AlPacino3:
Hello guys! As promised, see download link for flowcode on 4shared: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Bdjzq_4Lba/Flowcode_Professional_437_Plus.html

Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Fish With A Bird's Head Caught In China (Photo, Video) / Sea Turtle Caught Near Ibeno Island In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / See The Animal We Killed This Morning By Me And My Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.