Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:15 AM

Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) (36717 Views)

Orji Kalu Charges Buhari To Fight Without Political Bias / Radio Stations Shutting Down / Nigerian Media Hail ''Infrastructural Boom'' In The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by donmalcolm21(m): 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
List Of Nigeria Media And Their Political Affiliation

Taking a cusory look at 2015 elections and the lies and propaganda being spewed out, I've decided to list out Nigeria media leanings and their political affiliation so that you can "judge the book by its cover".

PDP: Vanguard, Sun, Thisday, Tribune, LIB, AIT, NTA, FRCN, VON, Champion, Daily Independent.

APC: Nation, Punch, Saharareporters, Premiumtimes, TVC, Inspiration Fm, ereporters, Leadership, Dailytrust, etc

No Political Affiliation:Guardian, Nig info, Nairaland, Channels.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by tempex88(m): 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Nairaland is pro GEJ. Can't reLli say if dey are PDP. But NL is not neutral when it comes to affairs that. Relate to GEJ. AIT is pro PDP, STV tries to be libral, we have more pro APC media in lagos sha.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Tattooboy: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
i've been noticing some of dese papers too.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by TechRev: 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Nairaland should not be on that list. Nairaland is a forum that reposts what media houses already published.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by donmalcolm21(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
I'm listening to Pastor Bosun on his message about "Islamization of Nigeria". APC was mentioned of supporting ........, before that I read a book by El Rufai "The Accidental Public Servant" in which 90% of corruption cases were carried out by PDP. The masses need to shine their eyes.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Innodon(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
true
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Idrismusty97(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
Channel TV don't have political affiliation...Oh you already added it cool. One of the best in Nigeria!

Did i just see Nairaland on the list of "No political affiliation"? lipsrsealed

And please remove TVC as an affiliate of APC or any other party. They too are neutral! You are spoiling their reputation.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by BruzMoney(m): 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by HonourablePomk: 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by udemedia1: 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
Nice
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Ezeibe(m): 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
The advert wey dey pain me pass na TAN advert for AIT, especailly that their song " gwudluck jonathan u are gwudluck to 9geria"..... Me self go dey wonder where those roads dey,..... Cos since i dey this country i neva benefit for any tangible thing

53 Likes

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by colossus2: 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
Patience Jonathan owns BBC tongue

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by afoo02(m): 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ok
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by udemedia1: 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
True
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Joshuadon: 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
NO Political Affiliation:Guardian, Nig info, [size=15pt]Nairaland[/size], Channels.

Actually sensitive to facts

1 Like

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hahaha nairaland app
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by msmon(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
@OP, I'm in consensus ad idem with you on the post aside from your opinion on NL. I'm not sure if NL is pro PDP but it's definitely pro GEJ, I say this with audacity haven noticed some changes on NL FP for a while now. Like I asked on one other thread this morning, do anyone notice thread that speaks ill about GEJ administration doesn't make FP for a while?

Somebody has been paid to ensure such threads doesn't get to FP I guess and this thread is on FP because you listed Nairaland as neutral

It's my opinion and I may be wrong

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
undecided awon oniranu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by chilledbarbie(f): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hi

1 Like

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by GogetterMD(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
True to some extent but Tribune appears to be liberal
By the way, wait till campaign adverts starts, then you shall know their true political affiliations

5 Likes

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Dopeyomi(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Who added Nairaland to those Media

Yσυ miss road

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by chilledbarbie(f): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
I have been a guest on nairaland and i love this site and im a uniben fresher i dedicate it to uniben and this is my first post

29 Likes

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by passionate88: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by teamup: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
nairaland should not be on that list
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
seun is a PDP stooge,so save us that neutrality bullshit

40 Likes

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Ezeibe(m): 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
No one knows the when, the how, the where, and the what of their death. Be prepared always....... Jesus is coming soon!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by kamez(m): 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ok. And dis post is suppose to help us how??

Nigerians are not stupid.. We know what we want so irrespective of what the media writes about parties and politicians alike, we have eyes and we can see clearly enough to differentiate the rogues from the real deal...

Though at the moment I think all politicians fall into the rogue category

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by kunlesehan(m): 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Nairaland is no man's land ... #neutral
lol

2 Likes

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Olarewajub: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Interesting..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South / Obasanjo Commands Parade At The Cherubim & Seraphim Church In USA (VIDEO) / #theinauguration: See All The #nextlevel Governors In The Country (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.