Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 (159936 Views)

Abu Here We Come 2016/2017 / A B U , Here We Come > / Why Is It Hard To Gain Admission To University Here In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hi moderator am a dr.arab a yr1 std of biochemistry
in futminna I wud b writing dis year utme wif abu
zaria medicine nd surgery. Nd wnt want any oda
course as an alternative pls wat are my chances
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by hadizadeezy(f): 6:26am On Dec 16, 2014
arabmullar:
Hi moderator am a dr.arab a yr1 std of biochemistry
in futminna I wud b writing dis year utme wif abu
zaria medicine nd surgery. Nd wnt want any oda
course as an alternative pls wat are my chances
READ!!!!!! u know how competitive that course is, u joke with it, u joke with ur CHANCES as u said. GOODLUCK!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by muta1996(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2014
Muta306:

Am from kogi state. You are also from one of the competitive state for medicine and surgery in ABU, so sit tight. Best of luck!
when are u resuming
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Fanks hadizadeezy even though I had every chance of writing their postume last year ijust dat I wasn't dah comfortable wif my jamb result.anyway ur info helps I will tighten my belt
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
Muta306:

Waleikum salam worahma! Hope you end up like me next year by God's grace as we share almost the same username. I was offered admission to study Medicine at 100level this year via SBRS. You have got to study well and pray to hit a high score in both jamb and post utme as the faculty always takes the best students that performs well every year. And you should always remember, anything is possible by Allah's will and mercy. So read, pray hard and be confident that you will get it next year inshaa Allah.
Please what Was your CGPA?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
I Personally Won't Advice Any Utme Candidate who isnt Doing Remedial to Apply For Medicine, 90% of the Students here in SBRS Applied for Medicine, and Were about 2000+.
The Truth is Your Chances are Very Slim. Except if you can Hit an Outstanding Score in Jamb, Like 280+
Coupled with an Awesome Putme Score.

Note: Am being Realistic Here, am not Trying to Dissuade Anyone from following his Dreams.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by AISHBAMBA: 12:48pm On Dec 17, 2014

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by obeenah40(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
hardayemmie:

he is nt yt a student......... he's still applying . u can check awt the same thread I created . I can answer any questions there

don't make us start with u..
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Unekz(m): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
Catalyst4real:
I Personally Won't Advice Any Utme Candidate who isnt Doing Remedial to Apply For Medicine, 90% of the Students here in SBRS Applied for Medicine, and Were about 2000 .
The Truth is Your Chances are Very Slim. Except if you can Hit an Outstanding Score in Jamb, Like 280
Coupled with an Awesome Putme Score.

Note: Am being Realistic Here, am not Trying to Dissuade Anyone from following his Dreams.
yea..your ryt..not only medicine, most competitive course..80%-90% of their medical/engineering students are from sbrs
#that just the facts#
not discouraging anyone oooooo
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by strongelink36(m): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Pls can someone explain to me the meaning of sbrs, is it a programme in a.b.u?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 6:14am On Dec 18, 2014
strongelink36:
Pls can someone explain to me the meaning of sbrs, is it a programme in a.b.u?
School of Basic and Remedial Studies.
A Predegree Programme
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by obeenah40(m): 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
Catalyst4real keep up d good works. Always remember we will always be here anytime, anyday so don't hesitate to mention Us for Backup anytime u need one.

Yours faithfully
2014/2015 NL thread members

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by strongelink36(m): 1:06am On Dec 19, 2014
obeenah40:
Catalyst4real keep up d good works. Always remember we will always be here anytime, anyday so don't hesitate to mention Us for Backup anytime u need one.

Yours faithfully

did you do sbrs.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 8:40am On Dec 19, 2014
obeenah40:

Yours faithfully

Thank you Very Much, We Appreciate it

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2014
strongelink36:
@catalyst4real what ambitious jamb score does one need to hit to be hopefull of admission into microbiology department.
If Jamb Goes Back to the Way it Used to be. 230 would Seal the Deal. Coupled with A Nice Post Utme Score.

I Bet you're From a Catchment Area
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by strongelink36(m): 8:51am On Dec 19, 2014
Catalyst4real:

If Jamb Goes Back to the Way it Used to be. 230 would Seal the Deal. Coupled with A Nice Post Utme Score.

I Bet you're From a Catchment Area
yes i am from kogi state.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by obeenah40(m): 8:58am On Dec 19, 2014
strongelink36:
did you do sbrs.

NO!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by obeenah40(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2014
Catalyst4real:

Thank you Very Much, We Appreciate it

How d Holz ? I hear say una burn block A Hostel.. Una set don scatter sbrs ohh. Badt guys. After watching d video I could only congratulate u guys. Una reall try. Lol tongue Hope una ready to squat more pple ba tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2014
obeenah40:

How d Holz ? I hear say una burn block A Hostel.. Una set don scatter sbrs ohh. Badt guys. After watching d video I could only congratulate u guys. Una reall try. Lol tongue Hope una ready to squat more pple ba tongue tongue cheesy
Lol, the Situation was Really Tragic O, Most of the Victim's Credentials Got Burnt.
The Cause of the Fire Incident is Still Unknown and Under Investigation. No be Small thing
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by obeenah40(m): 11:38am On Dec 19, 2014
Catalyst4real:

Lol, the Situation was Really Tragic O, Most of the Victim's Credentials Got Burnt.
The Cause of the Fire Incident is Still Unknown and Under Investigation. No be Small thing

Eyah, I pity for those guys. And the one that his school fees got burnt in d fire 75K+ mehn..
Bt u knw, I think a week b4 d incident there was this rumour that some unknown boys in dat open town attempted to burn one block like that bt failed.. Mehn I fear that open space for that school ohh
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
Muta306 pls wats his jamb score last year jamb
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Muta306 what is ur last year jamb score
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Muta306: 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hey guys! I just want to share a few points i know about SBRS. It has a great deal of advantage especially for those who are aiming for highly competitive courses. The requirements needed by the school to get you a placement in various degree programs in the ABU main campus is a minimum of 180 in jamb and a 2.0CGPA in your sbrs final exams, if you have this requirement your admission into ABU is sure its just your course choice that is at risk. There are usually slots reserved for both sbrs and utme candidates. For example if there are 6 slots for MBBS in some catchment states, they would pick 3 people from that state in SBRS and 3 people from the utme. So if there are 20 people applying from your state in SBRS and 70 from utme, then you should already know the one with a greater advantage. Its usually the survival of the fittest in sbrs, but it all depends on destiny. In sbrs, if 30 people applied for a course in a particular state which can only be given to 5 people, they normally pick the ones with a higher CGPA, and give the remaining 25 a different course. It still depends on the course though cause some courses pick more than 20people atimes. It doesn't entirely depend on your jamb score, all they need is 180 in jamb, its your sbrs CGPA that matters a lot, which means you still have a good chance of getting medicine with 180 in jamb as far as your CGPA in sbrs is one of the best.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Muta306: 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
Catalyst4real:

Please what Was your CGPA?

Even if i told you, you may get it this year and may not be given Medicine and Surgery. If you are an SBRS student and you want Medicine and surgery or pharmacy, aim for 5.0 CGPA with 4.8 as the lowest you have in mind. But mind you i know of someone with 4.2 and 3.6 with Medicine and Pharmacy respectively. I also know of a 4.6CGPA without been given his course choice which is pharmacy. It all depends on destiny. Pray and read hard. Best of Luck!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Muta306: 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
And with what i have experienced, i can tell you that a 5.0CGPA is very easy to get. It just depend on how focused you are on your studies. Read hard, attend lectures and practicals, take your assignments seriously and most importantly be closer to God.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Muta306:

Even if i told you, you may get it this year and may not be given Medicine and Surgery. If you are an SBRS student and you want Medicine and surgery or pharmacy, aim for 5.0 CGPA with 4.8 as the lowest you have in mind. But mind you i know of someone with 4.2 and 3.6 with Medicine and Pharmacy respectively. I also know of a 4.6CGPA without been given his course choice which is pharmacy. It all depends on destiny. Pray and read hard. Best of Luck!
I Think I Already Know that, I was Just Curious About yours. You Could Have just Answered Me.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Muta306: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
Catalyst4real:

I Think I Already Know that, I was Just Curious About yours. You Could Have just Answered Me.

I could have, but i have got my reasons why i don't want to disclose it. I think what i gave was far better and for the record it wasn't meant for only you.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by hadizadeezy(f): 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
Muta306:

I could have, but i have got my reasons why i don't want to disclose it. I think what i gave was far better and for the record it wasn't meant for only you.
nawa oo
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by barackodam: 1:52am On Dec 22, 2014
Unekz:

yea..your ryt..not only medicine, most competitive course..80%-90% of their medical/engineering students are from sbrs
#that just the facts#
not discouraging anyone oooooo

you are wrong, i donno of medicine, but most of us in engineering are products of utme, my set tho
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by barackodam: 1:58am On Dec 22, 2014
cuteyguy:
Any info about ABU direct entry,i studied
Science Lab.Technology in the polytechnic Ibadan with a cgpa of
(upper credit) hoping to apply for Biochemistry or Chemistry,what are
d chances of gaining admission and do they conduct any exam at all.
Whatsapp:

as far as am concerned, youve got a good chance wit that cgp, cos ABU mostly specifies, "upper credit" cgp. just hope and prayer.

goodluck
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by strongelink36(m): 7:53am On Dec 22, 2014
Does abu accept student who studied science lab tech(upper credit) in the polytechnic to apply for microbiology.because in some schools e.g unilorin,kogi state university don't accept but i don't know of that of abu.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by hadizadeezy(f): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2014
strongelink36:
Does abu accept student who studied science lab tech(upper credit) in the polytechnic to apply for microbiology.because in some schools e.g unilorin,kogi state university don't accept but i don't know of that of abu.
go to their site and check on admission requirements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply)

FG Reaction On ASUP Strike In Polytechnics / Breaking News: A.b.u Zaria Admission List Out. / Top 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.