Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate (44562 Views)

Latest Weaves In The Market And Prices / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by sweeriie(f): 7:29am On Nov 25, 2008
mr fayahsoul
r u advocating that we all get locks, in a bid to look natural? since wen did locks become the epitome of natural-ness, newaes?? i kno someone who believes that gettin locks is equivalent to aping a madman. how about that?
i know nairaland is a forum for people to expresss opinions but you, sir, are not doing just that. u're simply tryin 2 force ur belief, n ur hairstyle, on us. na by force?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by kemisuga(f): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2008
This post has no meaning tongue
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 25, 2008
@ J-Girl Nice post, 9ice contribution, i go with you,

Kemisuga_ what u mean this thread has no meaning !,

Did u tuk your time to digest and deliberate on this thread before passing out rude comments, ? huh! no tpic seems bad to me so far .

BRB.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2008
-Your hair is your natural divine crown,

-It is unique,

-It is the one true way that can be used to discern a full blooded nubian king and queen from other groups,

-It is curly because it follows the rhythm of natural divine motion which spirals or cycles,

-Everything in nature moves in cycles and spirals; from planetary and galactic orbits to seasons to electronic orbitals,

-The nubian is naturally in tune with the cosmic rhythm thats why our hair has a 9 ether structure. It spirals out of its roots and coils like a 9,

-Those familiar with numerology know that 9 is the number of completion, wholeness.

-Straight hair on the other hand, is a 6 ether, given that it comes out of its root straight as a result of disturbance, an inherent rythm that is not nsync with divine order, The antithesis of blackness.

-When you sistas alter your divine crown, the 9 ether structure of your hair, you automatically get demoted from your royal status of goddesshood due to lack of oneness with, and disconnection from, the natural cosmic rhythm.

-Your perms/weaves/wigs are also a brand of ownership by your colonial master just like a rancher brands his cows.

-You need to overstand that your hair are not just cylindrical keratinous filaments growing out of your skin/scalp that can be handle any how. Your hair serves a deep spiritual purpose and it is required for transcendental spiritual evolution. It is a thing of honour and dignity.

-They(as well as your beautiful melanited skin) serve as antennas that pick up divine cosmic messages from the great central sun, sirius B. These cosmic messages, or life force, guides the reciever towards a more comprehensive overstanding of the purpose of life and the matrix.

My sistas free yourselves from the shackles of ignorance and vanity and take a bold step into goddesshood which is your rigthful place.

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2008
mr fayahsoul
r u advocating that we all get locks, in a bid to look natural? since when did locks become the epitome of natural-ness, newaes?? i kno someone who believes that gettin locks is equivalent to aping a madman. how about that?
i know nairaland is a forum for people to expresss opinions but you, sir, are not doing just that. u're simply tryin 2 force ur belief, n ur hairstyle, on us. na by force?

As long as it is natural you are in good standing. Style is according to taste.

I just prefer dreads.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by AyeeIdris(f): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2008
This topic to me is totally frivolous. If you don't like wigs, weaves or perms. don't wear them! It is a matter of personal choice. I love my wigs, weaves and perms and would continue to wear them until i lose all my hair. My choice. You are however entitled to your opinion.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by dorleey(f): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2008
my dear, let us stop decieving ourselves. GOD gaave us the knowledge to produce all of those products u mentioned. if u believe that they are harmful, u can equally stop eating cos there is preservative in most foods they sell, go back to mud houses cos chemicals are used in d cement which u can inhale, stop using foams, clothes, powder, almost everything cos they contain chemical. that is why we 've agencies checking into the excesses of chemical usage. stop looking at outward things, clean ur hear first cos dat is the throne of God.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by beebop(f): 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2008
-It is the one true way that can be used to discern a full blooded nubian king and queen from other groups,
bullsh-t

-It is curly because it follows the rhythm of natural divine motion which spirals or cycles,
bullsh-t

-Everything in nature moves in cycles and spirals; from planetary and galactic orbits to seasons to electronic orbitals,
true in some cases. but why is my poop cylindrical? isn't that natural OH MY GOSH, I'm not a full-blooded NUBIAN QUEEN. I need to go cry! My life is worthless!

-The nubian is naturally in tune with the cosmic rhythm thats why our hair has a 9 ether structure. It spirals out of its roots and coils like a 9,
for real! I feel so much more edumacated now.

-Those familiar with numerology know that 9 is the number of completion, wholeness.
ngwa, preach on

-Straight hair on the other hand, is a 6 ether, given that it comes out of its root straight as a result of disturbance, an inherent rythm that is not nsync with divine order, The antithesis of blackness.
Where is my razor. make i shave off the 'inherent rythm'. P.S Look at your dictionary before you start blowing grammar. in sync, nsync is the name of a thankfully expired boyband

-When you sistas alter your divine crown, the 9 ether structure of your hair, you automatically get demoted from your royal status of goddesshood due to lack of oneness with, and disconnection from, the natural cosmic rhythm.

THIS IS IT. I"M NO LONGER A GODDESS. damn, i'm missing out. where is the barber. i'm tired of my self-hate. I need to go natural to prove my 'blackness'. my life sucks. i'm a mere common person now.

abeg go find chill pill and do all of us a favor and overdose on it.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by carmelily: 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2008
@ fayahsoul

where did you get all this superstitious crap from? i love my afro but i do wear weaves sometimes. Not because i hate my kinky hair (in fact i love it. i hate permed hair). but i need to change my looks sometimes. Really, what's self-hate got to do with it? sheesh! what's that 9 and 6 thing? my hair doesn't look like the figure 9! cheesy

I hope you walk about the place naked? would be a shame to wear clothes and alter the "spiral" course of nature.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by carmelily: 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2008
I don't condone interacial relationship due to the fact that interspecies mixing is unnatural.

@fayahsoul

o di egwu.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by omofola(f): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2008
Hair being natural or artificial doesn't mean anything.Your hair doesn't get you a job, your hair doesn't improve your ability to read, your hair does not improve your social network, and whatever type of hair is on your head cannot determine what is on your mind or who you are. it can't determine your entry into heaven.

African Women aren't the only ones who change the texture of their hair. People with curly hair want straight hair and vise-visa . I know white people who have spent a ton of money getting that Japanese Straightening system just because they love the style. Its very unfair for you guys to single out African women, please don't underestimate yourselves.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by sweeriie(f): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2008
fayahsoul:

-Your hair is your natural divine crown,

-It is unique,

-Straight hair on the other hand, is a 6 ether(?), given that it comes out of its root straight as a result of disturbance, an inherent rythm that is not nsync with divine order, The antithesis of blackness.

-Your perms/weaves/wigs are also a brand of ownership by your colonial master just like a rancher brands his cows.

-You need to overstand that your hair are not just cylindrical keratinous filaments growing out of your skin/scalp that can be handle any how. Your hair serves a deep spiritual purpose and it is required for transcendental spiritual evolution. It is a thing of honour and dignity.

-They(as well as your beautiful melanited skin) serve as antennas that pick up divine cosmic messages from the great central sun, sirius B. These cosmic messages, or life force, guides the reciever towards a more comprehensive overstanding of the purpose of life and the matrix.

My sistas free yourselves from the shackles of ignorance and vanity and take a bold step into goddesshood which is your rigthful place.

in Christianity, 8 and not 9 symbolizes completeness and wholeness, and 9 (as well as 6) is rather satanic. but since u've chosen the astrologic path, u shld kno that 6 is considered the perfect number (which kills ur argument. . .  surely we would want to be perfect?) however, all this is against what i believe in. all these cosmic blahs are just plain occultic.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Makavelis(m): 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2008
i prefer the natural hair, just left alone

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by sweeriie(f): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2008
beebop:

Where is my razor. make i shave off the 'inherent rythm'. P.S Look at your dictionary before you start blowing grammar. in sync, nsync is the name of a thankfully expired boyband

hey, whaddyu mean thankfully expired boyband?? n-sync rocked! (oops. . . guess this belongs in the music forum. . . lol)

NEWAES,

fayahsoul:

. . .
. . .

that God gave us dominion over the earth does not make us gods and goddesses.
. . .  I am the Lord your God
. . .You shall have no other gods (including urselves) before Me. (Exodus 20:2and3, parenthesis mine.)

besides, dont u think that's "unnatural"? considering how ur forefathers had their numerous gods to worship, n never elevated themselves to "god" status. if u're goin to be traditionally african oops, sorry! nubian, please be thorough.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by favcom(m): 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2008
I prefer natural hair anyday

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2008
tpia:

Is it any surprise that an extremely high number of dreadlocked black men date and marry Caucasian women.

who's fooling who.

Natural hair indeed. Why don't they marry fellow dreadlocks like themselves in most instances.

Rofl. You dey mind them.

Fake idiots. when they are NOT only dating white women, they are one of the biggest manwhores ever. With so many women under their cloak all in the name of "spreading the love"

Pretentious dorks
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by chicanita: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2008
Don't try to enforce ur ideals or ideas on us. i love my natural hair, yes, but i still rock 'em weaves n extensions wink I believe pple should wear whatever they like on their hair , abi  is it not on their head
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2008
maybe fayahsoul should send a memo to Al Sharpton
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2008
sweeriie:

that God gave us dominion over the earth does not make us gods and goddesses.
. . . I am the Lord your God
. . .You shall have no other gods (including urselves) before Me. (Exodus 20:2and3, parenthesis mine.)

Hey there Mrs. thing, your bible says: "Ye are Gods", see john 10:34.

besides, don't u think that's "unnatural"? considering how ur forefathers had their numerous gods to worship, n never elevated themselves to "god" status. if u're goin to be traditionally african oops, sorry! nubian, please be thorough.

-The negus(pharoahs) were considered gods in flesh.

-Oduduwa was considered a god in flesh.

-Eri (founder of Nri) was considered god in flesh who descended from deep space.

-gods do reincanate in flesh.

Don't you know that hue-mans are more powerful than many spirit beings.

-Did your bible not say that angels are our servants?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2008
one min he's talking bible, next min he's talking about gods

and wetin concern Igbo dude with Oduduwa

Berra go and sit there. Were oni dada grin
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bacterium(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2008
wig is bad. Are you bald to use another lady hair. It is so ugly please!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2008
sweeriie:

in Christianity, 8 and not 9 symbolizes completeness and wholeness, and 9 (as well as 6) is rather satanic. but since u've chosen the astrologic path, u shld kno that 6 is considered the perfect number (which kills ur argument. . .  surely we would want to be perfect?) however, all this is against what i believe in. all these cosmic blahs are just plain occultic.

9 does symbolize completion that's why when you add any single digit to 9 and reduce the result to a single digit you will get that same digit:

e.g  9 + 7 = 16,    1  +  6 =  7.

what is complete does not cause disturbance or imbalance.

8 symbolizes the retribution or karma that must be served before completion can be attained.

And the planetary and celestial bodies does have a significant effect on terra/earth and its inhabitants in every way; be it spiritually, emotinally and physically, whether you like it or not and regardless of what your bible says.

So deal with it.  Mrs. thing.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2008
where did you get all this superstitious crap from?

Is religion superstition?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2008
African Women aren't the only ones who change the texture of their hair. People with curly hair want straight hair and vise-visa . I know white people who have spent a ton of money getting that Japanese Straightening system just because they love the style. Its very unfair for you guys to single out African women, please don't underestimate yourselves.

So because white women hate themselves that makes the self hate among sistas acceptable? Stop imitating and do what is right.

Self-hate is also expressed as putting others first before your own.

Clean up the mess in your own house first before stretching your neck to worrying about that of your neighbour and learn to put your own people first.

Let other groups deal with their issues on their own. We have enough on our hands.

How many times do i have to say this?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2008
@ makavelis, favcom, bacterium

Real brothas don't die, we multiply!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by markzil: 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2008
hi,
I'm mark, i was just going through d land n i landed at ur notes. pls try n get 2me asp bye
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2008
@fayahsoul
Your hypocrisy is unbelievable,in your first post you preached that women that used wigs,perms or wove their hair were 'desecrating the temple of God(their bodies) and were therefore immoral,hence punisable'.i want to assume you came here hoping to be the one eyed man in the land of the blind and on the other hand you are saying 'You' are against inter-racial marriages?I know you cannot be a christian christianity promotes peace and preaches love,there is no room for hatred(racism).As someone rightly pointed all this cosmic talk sounds like mysticism(occultic)pls stop hiding under christian.
You were to busy making noise that wearing wigs and perms is a brand of of ownership by colonial masters.Thats a case of throwing stones from a glass house.The laptop,pc or phone you are using to surf right now was it not thanks to these so called 'colonial masters'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Makeup Transforms A Masculine-Looking Lady To Feminine-Looking / Photos: Am The Most Handsome And Decent Nairalander, Your Take / What Is Wrong With This Photo(pineapple Head Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.