Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate (44567 Views)

Latest Weaves In The Market And Prices / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2008
does your theology also involve chopping rat?

as you know the taste so.

authentic organic meat, right?

idiot.

bush meat.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2008
KarmaMod:

How are weaves breaking hair if the hair itself is braided underneath? Many ways to do weaves that don't damage your hair but have fun foaming at the mouth with rants sha grin

and no one is going off topic. It should be quite OBVIOUS that the point of the pics is to show that added hair isnt something NEW

Go on Youtube if you really didn't know weaving hair often breaks on hairlines. Weren't you the one that mentioned the Essence lady that her hair line starts at the back of her ear.

bettes:

[color=#006600][/color]

Mrs Thomas Edison of hair,if you want to go around looking like 'jambo jambo' no problem you are entitled to dress the way you want,but to now try to force your opinions on other people now thats madness.
I think you should put your money where your mouth is start an NGO and campaign against the usage of wigs,perms,deodorants and so on,that might actually get you the attention you are in desperate need of.

Your funny. I burst out laughing at work when I read this. Now people are wondering what is so hilarious. Thank for the Thomas Edison comment I guess? Anyways stop being angry about the truth weaves adn perms damage hair. Wigs are trifling in common words. End. Also if you look on youtube since your online you will realize the hair revolution going on under your nose.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2008
Ok o.all for fayahsoul

ara gba chi kwa gi nti means "let madness posess the whole of you"
Onye ara ogbete means "mad man/woman of Ogbete"
Ogbete market is the biggest market in Enugu

Return your stinking weavon, get a refund and use it to go get yourself a clue.

efulefu.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
fayahsoul:

Return your stinking weavon, get a refund and use it to go get yourself a clue.

efulefu.

Hahahahahaha
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
In his own part of the world, looking good is a crime punishable by death. Anyone guilty of this offense is termed "SELF HATER"

Ewu.

I don't blame you. Nigerian males were raised in surrroundings full of weave wearing perm loving self hating sistas. Your case is one of abnormal normality; that is, this abnormality is so common in your society that's why you think it's normal. You just don't know any better.
You share the same psychological malady of which you are completely unaware of. I pity you.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2008
@fayahsoul
'You' are against inter-racial marriages?I know you cannot be a christian christianity promotes peace and preaches love,there is no room for hatred(racism).

Reply:

HaHa! your ignorance is so vast and comprehensive that it is just too amusing. Fist of all, there is no such thing as a racist nubian because in this current global contex, the nubian is a powerless socio-economic underclass. The powerless cannot be racist given that racism can only be exercised when there is a monopoly over power. A nubian, however, can be prejudice which is overstandable since history is the best teacher. For instance; i can ask you: how does nubian racism affect whitey? you are probably scratching your head for an answer. At most, the best answer one can come up with is that: nubian racism makes whitey fearful and very very uncomfortable. But if i ask: how does white racism(a.k.a affect white supremacy) affect nubians? Anyone can write a whole book on the effects of white racism on non-white and nubians in particular because it encompasses every area of people activity; be it law, labour, sex, sports, entertainment, economics, religion and what have you.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Damest09(f): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2008
--
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2008
Damest09:

@ savanaha and fayahsoul

I don't understand why some people want their opinions to rule out everyones opinions. Leave women to do as they wish. Take my hair as an example; my hair is as tick as it can be and very hard to leave natural, unbraided for more than a week or at most two weeks, i can't even pack the hair or comb it well to look nice, tell me, do you expect me to go about with an unkept hair looking like a something else?? I enjoy spending on my hair and will spend as much as i want, not because i want to be acceptable and with or without my hairdo, i command attention as i want so i do things because 'i love me'.

You got propblem with women getting their hair done the way they want?? then deal with it or you probably want to have numerous post you decided to play dumb.

Both of you should just be quiet and find something better, profitable and rewarding to talk about. Face the reality that afro hair is difficult to manage. I don't even know if you are guys or ladies, whatever gender you are, FACE REALITY and step out of the dream world.

My hair is thick (tick) too. Extremely thick and curly but I love my body to the extent that I find other ways to make it work apart from a perm. I don't think natural hair is unkempt I think we judge unkept according to the lessons that the white man has taught us. Back to slavery. . . .
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2008
Take my hair as an example; my hair is as tick as it can be and very hard to leave natural, unbraided for more than a week or at most two weeks, i can't even pack the hair or comb it well to look nice, tell me, do you expect me to go about with an unkept hair looking like a something else??

Here comes the contradiction:

I enjoy spending on my hair and will spend as much as i want, not because i want to be acceptable and with or without my hairdo, i command attention as i want so i do things because 'i love me'.

Contradiction; another characteristic of the warped minds of self hating sistas.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bacterium(m): 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2008
Please no more fakes hairs. The curls is a soooo nice way for hair. The straight is so boring for me. I like the black beauty to look sooo much African with short curls hair. It make me very happy. SO please make me happy and leave only the real hairs.
Love Faisal
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2008
bacterium:

Please no more fakes hairs. The curls is a soooo nice way for hair. The straight is so boring for me. I like the black beauty to look sooo much African with short curls hair. It make me very happy. SO please make me happy and leave only the real hairs.
Love Faisal

You sound like Borat
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Damest09(f): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
--
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 10:41pm On Nov 26, 2008
Madam hair/here is still making fun of typos. O ga o

savanaha:

Go on Youtube if you really didn't know weaving hair often breaks on hairlines. Weren't you the one that mentioned the Essence lady that her hair line starts at the back of her ear.

I mentioned because you don't know whether it's her real hair or not. I know it's shocking to you that some black women have long hair

and where did I say it doesnt break hairline? Having comprehension problems? What I SAID is that there are plenty of ways of wearing one that WONT destroy your hair
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 12:21am On Nov 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

Madam hair/here is still making fun of typos. O ga o

I mentioned because you don't know whether it's her real hair or not. I know it's shocking to you that some black women have long hair

and where did I say it doesnt break hairline? Having comprehension problems? What I SAID is that there are plenty of ways of wearing one that WONT destroy your hair

Oooo. Anyways in case you have comprehension problem go call Essence and talk to the woman so she can tell you from her mouth that that is not her hair. Most people with hair lines like that won't keep doing their hair (natural hair) like that. So the only thing that will make you stop braiding your hair with a- bag-o-weave is to call her so she can explain her hair line problems
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 1:19am On Nov 27, 2008
@tpia

ancient Egyptians had diverse hairstyles.

Our ancestors also killed twins so we should emulate that too abi?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 1:24am On Nov 27, 2008
@tpia

can fayahsoul please explain if these Africans have "6" or "9" hair.

A lot of people in east nubia are mix with the 6 ether arabs that's why their hair structure is between the 6 and 9 ether.

Some of them don't even claim to be nubian. Go figure.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 1:33am On Nov 27, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 1:38am On Nov 27, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Gamine(f): 1:51am On Nov 27, 2008
aah well!

Funny, funny!

Typical Self-hatred

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 1:52am On Nov 27, 2008
@tpia

I suspect this is the look some of these jokers are aiming for. Una no well.

They are natural sovereign individuals in their prime of which you are not. You are state property, a pathetic product of modernity, a civilized savage.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 2:11am On Nov 27, 2008
So you're now comparing hair to the killing of twins?

you be Maga.

The point was that we shouldn't justify a present self hate practice with ancient ancestral practices. Not everything our ancestors did was right. Just do the right thing.

Mind you those were royalty, perhaps that was one of many ways royalty used to differentiate them selves from commoners.

Besides you don't really know if it's the exact same braids and weaves that is been used today that was used or how it was used. All we see in those pictures are nubian sistas with hair that 'looks' like braids.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 2:16am On Nov 27, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Gamine(f): 2:23am On Nov 27, 2008
gosh i so love the curls  kiss

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 2:26am On Nov 27, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 4:26am On Nov 27, 2008
Mission: Operation kill the wackness.

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Nokka: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2008
Michelle Obama, First Lady Of the Galaxy, Harvard Law Graduate and trendsetter - Hot Press AKA Hot Comb
Condolleza Rice, Secretary of State - No weave or relaxer

and people are talking of Beyonce in this 2008?

Mscheee, eeeew

If the touareg beggars in Naija start selling their hair, most of the wig wearers would not buy, well guess who sells their hair in India? That's right, BEGGARS!
No wonder many European women laugh at our women behind their back.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by chicanita: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2008
@ fayahsoul
this hair thing really dey pain u for body , now tell us the real story, there should be something else it's not just about the hair thingy right . cos the way u're going about this hair revolution, nobody is going to see ur point cos it sounds like an obsession sad.

P.S i love my natural hair and i'm still rocking 'em extensions wink
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fender(m): 10:13am On Nov 27, 2008
ABEG ENUF OF THE BEAUTY MUMBLE JUMBLE. U MAK-UP NA UR POCKET, U NO MAKE-UP NA UR POCKET STIL.
ITS JUST A MATTER OF DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.
GOD REMAINS THE TRUE JUDGE, because MAN USES HIS SENTIMENTS TO JUDGE.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by cyriluzo(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2008
Ewu.
 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't blame you. Nigerian males were raised in surrroundings full of weave wearing perm loving self hating sistas.

You obviously have problem with urself. Its people like you that will want to kill others simply because dey dont look like them or because they dont accept their philosophy.

Your case is one of abnormal normality; that is, this abnormality is so common in your society that's why you think it's normal. You just don't know any better.

Your case is obvious anger against modernization and advancement. I have seen people who keep there hair natural and it looks good on them, i have seen others who it does not fit in anyway. From the pictures u are attaching and calling self-haters because of thier hairdo, I can certainly say your trousers most be hanging on ur ankle. Am sure you dont wear deodorants not perfs.

You share the same psychological malady of which you are completely unaware of. I pity you.

Am sure you dont knw what "psychological malady" is. U simply have just described yourself and your co-s

I jus pray u recover fast
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by juniorevan(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2008
Why una dey attack savanna as if she thief. Well make somebody define self like. Una follow contribute dey throwey money no wonder boys don stop 2 dey toast. I prefer natural person. Any more attacks :-)
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2008
cyriluzo:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You obviously have problem with yourself. Its people like you that will want to kill others simply because dey don't look like them or because they don't accept their philosophy.

Your case is obvious anger against modernization and advancement. I have seen people who keep there hair natural and it looks good on them, i have seen others who it does not fit in anyway. From the pictures u are attaching and calling self-haters because of their hairdo, I can certainly say your trousers most be hanging on ur ankle. Am sure you don't wear deodorants not perfs.

Am sure you don't knw what "psychological malady" is. U simply have just described yourself and your co-s

I jus pray u recover fast

[color=#006600][/color]

From all he's post it's obvious that this is not targeted against women who use perms and weaves alone,but a revolution against modernisation and technology.
Now Fayasoul has run out of ideas and has resorted to insults.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by cyriluzo(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2008
juniorevan:

Why una dey attack savanna as if she thief. Well make somebody define self like. Una follow contribute dey throwey money no wonder boys don stop 2 dey toast. I prefer natural person. Any more attacks :-)

Bros its not about being natural or not being natural. If being natural makes a lady beautiful fine!, if the lady thinks  using weaves and perms makes her more beautiful than being natural, then please let the lady be.

What I believe nairalanders hate is someone wanting to hang everyone who does not accept there philosophy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Makeup Transforms A Masculine-Looking Lady To Feminine-Looking / Photos: Am The Most Handsome And Decent Nairalander, Your Take / Cute Ankara Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.