Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Rochas Declares For Presidency. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Declares For Presidency. (58543 Views)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Declares For Presidency. by talktimi(m): 11:53pm On Nov 10, 2014
By Francis Igata

ENUGU — Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, yesterday, declared his intention to run for the 2015 presidential election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

In an emphatic statement, the Governor said, “I will be Nigeria’s President in 2015.”

He made the declaration at a rally organized by the Enugu State chapter of the APC at the Igbozurume Hall, in Emene, Enugu State.

The governor said Jonathan was not an Igbo man and that the PDP-led government had consistently marginalized the people of the South-East.

According to him: “Jonathan is not from the South-East, the Vice President is not from here, the Senate President, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, the Inspector General of Police, IGP, and the security chiefs, none of them is from the South-East. Igbo people have no place in Nigeria. How can we say that PDP belongs to Ndigbo?

“Niger Bridge is 419, Enugu/Onitsha and Port-Hacourt Express way are all evidences of their hatred for Ndigbo; they don’t remember the poor, all our leaders in PDP are only interested in their pockets, they don’t care about our children’s education.

“We are angry and we said we have to come out; in Imo State, poor people are happy now, they study from primary to university without paying penny; our God party is bigger than their God, if what they are doing to the poor people here is good, let them continue but if it is bad, God will uproot them.

In 2015, I will be the president of Nigeria, I have gone to Kaduna, I have gone to Lagos, I am in Enugu today, they are already afraid; they are now calling for dialogue. If they are discussing those contesting for presidency on the platform of APC, Owelle will be the first, Buhari and then Kwakwanso; they said it was zoned to the North, I told our party, when did the meeting take place? I also met with my brother Ngige and we zoned it to Ndigbo.

“APC is an emergency party for new Nigeria, if PDP is doing well, I would not have joined APC, when God wants to do something, he does it from anywhere, it doesn’t matter whether Nwobodo, Ken, Nwodo, Ekweremadu are with us or not.

“I heard that some of them are boasting of money, but tell them that Rochas has come; any day you hear that PDP brought money with pick-up, tell me so that I will bring money with trailer. All these PDP leaders in South-East, if you put their money together, it is not equal to half of my money.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/rochas-declares-presidency/

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by harrwix(m): 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
dis is getting interesting!

btw wat is dis man called Rochas smoking?
All I see is empty ambition cos his presidential dream will be all but buried after the APC primaries. Guess he is just trying to put himself into relevance awaiting the long anticipated igbo presidency.

gibberish!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by talktimi(m): 12:07am On Nov 11, 2014
...."In 2015, I will be the president of Nigeria, I have gone to Kaduna, I have gone to Lagos, I am in Enugu today, they are already afraid; they are now calling for dialogue. If they are discussing those contesting for presidency on the platform of APC, Owelle will be the first, Buhari and then Kwakwanso; they said it was zoned to the North, I told our party, when did the meeting take place? I also met with my brother Ngige and we zoned it to Ndigbo..."

grin this statement is very pregnant abeg grin Owelle please explain

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 11, 2014
We know he won't go that far, but all the same i wish every igbo man supports him, but i fear that will never happen. Even ojukwu was left stranded by his own kit and kin.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by tzoracle: 12:12am On Nov 11, 2014
All I see is I'll bring the money with trailer

Baby pass me the hookah -__-!

35 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by zimoni(f): 12:13am On Nov 11, 2014
That's my President.

I wish him Success.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by talktimi(m): 12:14am On Nov 11, 2014
Lets see if APC will sell him form first

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by jomoh: 12:15am On Nov 11, 2014
Rochas just divided the political scene of SE while Ngige has already divided Ohaneze. This ensures that no stronghold for Jonathan come 2015. Not even his own SS cos Rivers under Ameachi is against him while Edo is also not behind him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by talktimi(m): 12:17am On Nov 11, 2014
jomoh:
^^i dey behind u dey follow wait.
Okorocha for presido, Fashola for vice things on point grin

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by levelszik(m): 12:51am On Nov 11, 2014
Irrelevant mofo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Raiders: 1:06am On Nov 11, 2014
I thought he was going for reelection as governor of imo. Good luck to him

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Descartes: 1:10am On Nov 11, 2014
“I heard that some of them are boasting of money, but tell them that Rochas has come; any day you hear that PDP brought money with pick-up, tell me so that I will bring money with trailer. All these PDP leaders in South-East, if you put their money together, it is not equal to half of my money.”

This man is a professional jester angry

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by ak47mann(m): 2:29am On Nov 11, 2014
diluminati:
We know he won't go that far, but all the same i wish every igbo man supports him, but i fear that will never happen. Even ojukwu was left stranded by his own kit and kin.
lie again,ojukwus name was removed from the candidate list.His name was not at the ballot box when people came out to vote due to tribalism u better educate yourself before making silly comments. cool

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by talktimi(m): 3:38am On Nov 11, 2014
What of an Okorocha/Buhari ticket with Buhari as vice grin

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Goddex: 3:42am On Nov 11, 2014
I foresee Okorocha crossing to PDP soon

28 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by talktimi(m): 3:47am On Nov 11, 2014
Goddex:
I foresee Okorocha crossing to PDP soon
what makes you think he'll leave APC

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by PhockPhockMan: 3:51am On Nov 11, 2014
This is Okorocha's best move, it's better than to be disgraced in Imo governorship election.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by talktimi(m): 3:57am On Nov 11, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
This is Okorocha's best move, it's better than to be disgraced in Imo governorship election.
in the Nigerian political landscape, it is virtually impossible for an incumbent to be disgraced in elections except in rare cases like the last Ekiti electoral mauling of Fayemi by Fayose

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by dotna(m): 4:51am On Nov 11, 2014
Let's see how primary will go.

Looking exciting ahead.

When is the primary ?

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Kunleskey(m): 5:03am On Nov 11, 2014
What a man of courage who did nt want to settle 4 less...i fear una o he kept quiet b4 look @ buhari and GEJ 4 one.corner...so u self like the thing...my God help u in dis country Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 11, 2014
Alhaji Abdul-Rochas fatai Okorocha

ApC keep deceiving urselves. Someone said "the possibility of fvcking berem and or omenka today is very much high than the APC to win presidential polls 2015"

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 11, 2014
“I heard that some of them are boasting of
money, but tell them that Rochas has come; any day you hear that PDP brought money with pick-up, tell me so that I will bring money with trailer. All these PDP leaders in South-East, if you put their money together, it is not equal to half of my money.”
See the kind of man governin a state! Nigeria is in trouble!

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by tonyot(m): 5:16am On Nov 11, 2014
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Trut(m): 5:24am On Nov 11, 2014
Rochas you are welcome to the Presidential race.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Kunleskey(m): 5:45am On Nov 11, 2014
Jenams:
“I heard that some of them are boasting of
money, but tell them that Rochas has come; any day you hear that PDP brought money with pick-up, tell me so that I will bring money with trailer. All these PDP leaders in South-East, if you put their money together, it is not equal to half of my money.”
See the kind of man governin a state! Nigeria is in trouble!
bro wait till primary election b4 u start boasting and labishing those money

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Kunleskey(m): 5:46am On Nov 11, 2014
talktimi:
Lets see if APC will sell him form first
na true oo lol

7 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Richiy(f): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2014
So zoning is the only basis he feels he has ti contest.?
Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by disloman(m): 6:10am On Nov 11, 2014
Rochas!My candid advice.U ain't ready 4 da post of d president.Stilll gat a lot to learn.Take it or leave it.

18 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by ichidodo: 6:15am On Nov 11, 2014
It is better he goes down fighting a bigger and nobler cause like this than his expected sinking for the race to re-election.....

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by Energito: 6:16am On Nov 11, 2014
Stop hating.if you wont veto for him,i will.
Descartes:

This man is a professional jester angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by loopman: 6:19am On Nov 11, 2014
He should get the APC ticket first.

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Declares For Presidency. by dridowu: 6:25am On Nov 11, 2014
If Okorocha got the ticket and paradventure his Igbo kinsmen decide not to vote for him massively then i will say that for any Igbo to become the president of Nigeria will takes years again.
My fear is that if he got the ticket and won, he may decamp to pdp.
Anyway, all the best

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Reposts Video Of Ben Murray-Bruce Criticising Buhari-Led FG / Peter Obi In A Group Photo With His Classmates In 1977 / Major J T Aguiyi Ironsi During An Army Training Exercise At Warminster England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.