Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? (10166 Views)

Kayode-Are Under House Arrest By EFCC / Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? / Clara Chime Under House-Arrest Imposed By Gov. Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
You are being laughable. IBB was notorious for releasing EVERY Corrupt Official and Businessmen that was convicted and jailed by General Muhammammadu Buhari. This confirms that it was the corrupt establishment that Sponsored IBB to take over the reigns of Government from General Muhammadu Buhari.
Same way Buhari was notorious for jailing every Tom, Dick and Harry on trumped up charges, I always laugh @ your defence of the 'holy general'

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by vicadex07(m): 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
At least he did not award the "two theives" national honours
publisher:
Since APC fans (like Barcanista) have successfully defended and justified Buhari's imprisonment of the great FELA KUTI, thus I'd like to hear their views on this.

After Buhari's coup in 1984 with 'corruption' given as excuse, EXECUTIVE President Shagari was placed under house arrest-never tried, while 'ordinary' Vice-President Alex Ekuweme was thrown into the harshest part of kirikiri prison.

What was the rationale behind this? If Shagari's governement was corrupt (according to Buhari) why was the principal and head of government (Shagari) not tried, convicted and thrown in jail?

Is this a sign of what to expect if Buhari is sworn in by May 29, 2015, selective justice?

Over to una...
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
publisher:
Since APC fans (like Barcanista) have successfully defended and justified Buhari's imprisonment of the great FELA KUTI, thus I'd like to hear their views on this.

After Buhari's coup in 1984 with 'corruption' given as excuse, EXECUTIVE President Shagari was placed under house arrest-never tried, while 'ordinary' Vice-President Alex Ekuweme was thrown into the harshest part of kirikiri prison.
Since you wanted to learn, there is nothing like Buhari's coup in 1984, it was Babangida, Abacha, Vatsa, Dogonyaro , David Mark, Umar, Idiagbon, Ayuba, Adisa, Rasaki and Onoja's coup of 1984. You can rightly say, Buhari led military government of 1984. Two different scenarios.

What was the rationale behind this? If Shagari's governement was corrupt (according to Buhari) why was the principal and head of government (Shagari) not tried, convicted and thrown in jail?

Is this a sign of what to expect if Buhari is sworn in by May 29, 2015, selective justice?

Over to una...
Yes, it was a corrupt government led by Shagari just like Balewa government before but on individual basis there was no evidence that both Shagari and Balewa enriched themselves or were corrupt, just clueless and incompetent and those are not crime. Ekwueme was corrupt while in office, all the evidence was there, that is why he was jailed by a military tribunal not by Buhari.
The sentence was ratified by the ruling council SMC of which the likes David Mark and Ike Nwachukwu etc were members like Buhari.
The likes of Umoru Dikko, suffered more than Ekwueme and he is a northerner. Barkin Zuwo almost died in jail, Awwal Ibrahim died there and they are northerners. You people should get the simple truth and not bending fact any 30+ years old should know like nursery alphabet.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
PDPblogger:
VERY SIMPLE ANSWER: Ekuweme was an Igbo Christian while Shagari (like Buhari) was a Hausa/Fulani Muslim.

General Buhari was (and still is) an ethnic/religious bigot. End of story.
And what religion and tribe is Umoru Dikko that was crated?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
Aksonman:

WHAT? Did those APC dudes actually defend Buhari's locking up of Fela on trumped up charges of excess foreign currency possession? Even when it was proven beyond reasonable doubt that the money allegedly found in Fela's possession belong to his entire band of almost 40 people?

I saw that thread on Front page but i never really read any of the comments.

As for me, Buhari na bad market any way u look at him.
If the charges were trumpeted, then you should be looking at the attorney general at the time, his name is Clement Akpamgbo. He is an old Anambra man. If know nothing about Nigeria, why bother commenting on it?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kunleskey:
Everything is becoming & beyound reasonable doubt now..cause the way pple are bring out buhari past and present mistake is so brutal...may God helep buhari on the journey he embark on...which one are we going to accept now..buhari is a jailer of innocent and corrupt pple while GEJ is the messiah of the most corrupt pple In Nigeria.
They must have thought you at school, the difference between fact and fiction. But in life, some people chose to believe in aliens no matter what you say to them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
donmalcolm21:
When youths of today are more interested in fighting and campaigning for our common enemy then NIgeria still have a long way to go.
You can say that again. A wasteful generation, more idiotic and bigoted than even the uninformed before them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Aksonman: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
EZIACHI aka BARCANISTA pls get out of this thread and stop posting trash. Buhari's reputation is rotten and the stench will follow him to his grave.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
Another oft bandied lie of these Buharistans is that Buhari Ekwueme was jailed for corruption. Ekwueme was the first politician to be picked up by Buhai boys on the day of the Buhari coup-31 Dec 1983. Nothing incriminating was found on the guy. So, to incriminate him, Buhari sold a lie to Nigerians that $56,000 was found in Ekwueme's house. Till today, nobody apart from Buhari and perhaps, Idiagbon, his 2iC, saw that money. Other accused politicians were tried in the military tribunal and jailed. But Ekwueme was neither taken to a tribunal nor a court--not even a kangaroo one. For 20 months the man was jailed without trial. Later, a panel set up by IBB headed by Justice Uwaifo investigated Ekwueme and returned a verdict that politics made Ekwueme even poorer. He praised Ekwueme for his forthrightness. Till today, Ekwueme has never been found guilty of any crime in his days as Vice President.

Yet, these Buharistans keep passing off this gross abuse of fundamental human rights as an achievement. Too bad!
God help some of you. Because every single thing you said above was 101% blatant lies. Probably you will go to church this Sunday and use the same mouth to call on God. Jeez!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
Aksonman:
EZIACHI aka BARCANISTA pls get out of this thread and stop posting trash. Buhari's reputation is rotten and the stench will follow him to his grave.
It's not about Buhari. It's about me and you as Christians. You are supposed to hate falsehood even against your enemies, if you have one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
Aksonman:
Barcanista is now Eziachi? hahaha

Jonathanians are indeed clueless
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Sibabasibaba1: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
Eziachi:

God help some of you. Because every single thing you said above was 101% blatant lies. Probably you will go to church this Sunday and use the same mouth to call on God. Jeez!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oga, why not point out the lie rather than make sweeping statement? Was Ekwueme ever found guilty? Was it right to detain an innocent man for 20 months without trial? If there was any evidence against Ekwueme why wasn't he charged to court? The onus is on you to point out the lie. And don't bring church and God into this. If you have any alibi for your messiah why not come up with it?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
Woowww, thatz amazing, peeps up there have comment my own reserve so I have no reserve to comment.
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Sibabasibaba1: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
Eziachi:
Since you wanted to learn, there is nothing like Buhari's coup in 1984, it was Babangida, Abacha, Vatsa, Dogonyaro , David Mark, Umar, Idiagbon, Ayuba, Adisa, Rasaki and Onoja's coup of 1984. You can rightly say, Buhari led military government of 1984. Two different scenarios.

Yes, it was a corrupt government led by Shagari just like Balewa government before but on individual basis there was no evidence that both Shagari and Balewa enriched themselves or were corrupt, just clueless and incompetent and those are not crime. Ekwueme was corrupt while in office, all the evidence was there, that is why he was jailed by a military tribunal not by Buhari.
The sentence was ratified by the ruling council SMC of which the likes David Mark and Ike Nwachukwu etc were members like Buhari.
The likes of Umoru Dikko, suffered more than Ekwueme and he is a northerner. Barkin Zuwo almost died in jail, Awwal Ibrahim died there and they are northerners. You people should get the simple truth and not bending fact any 30+ years old should know like nursery alphabet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1984 coup was Buhari's coup. You can't spin that. In his last interview with The Cable, the criminal coupist gave himself away when he said that they deliberately did not kill during that illegal move. So, all this Buhari was invited does not wash. He led the coup!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

And read this too: Ekwueme was never tried but was illegally detained for 20 months. Hear him:

"I[b] waited for them [/b]for 20 months and they didn’t even come to ask me a question because I was the first person to be detained from December 31".

Read this Ekwueme's interview: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=8561

Am not an expert in English language but take a look at word he used "THEM"? Does them denotes a conflict with an individual or an institution? And who is them? Buhari or the tribunal/SMC?
One undeniable aspect of every junta government is the absent of habeas corpus principles, but that is not down one person. If anything, it was down to Akpamgbo and Rafinfadi, both were the two main people fingered by the amnesty international at the time. Many of you are young and bright but thinks like cave men. Use you brain and unlimited vast instruments of knowledge around you. Not wallowing in pure ignorance. Gosh!
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by raumdeuter: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
Thank you Eziachi for exposing these lies
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1984 coup was Buhari's coup. You can't spin that. In his last interview with The Cable, the criminal coupist gave himself away when he said that they deliberately did not kill during that illegal move. So, all this Buhari was invited does not wash. He led the coup!
I Like people that debate issues with facts and not emotion of how they feel. Counter my argument with alternative facts and not generalized fiction laden with hateful raw emotion.
It's waste of time trying to beat a dead horse. I have no time for self imposed mediocrity. Knowledge is like a gem. You have to dig deeper to find it. That's why you never see diamond lying around on streets and that's why gems are not for the poor. If you want to know about Nigeria, you can, but leave your tribal sentiment behind and you will be amazed at what you will discover.
This is why I believe that the best future for us Igbos is independent Biafra and not Nigeria. How can any nation advanced with such hateful mentality against one another? Nigeria can never work.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Sibabasibaba1: 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Eziachi:

Am not an expert in English language but take a look at word he used "THEM"? Does them denotes a conflict with an individual or an institution? And who is them? Buhari or the tribunal/SMC?
One undeniable aspect of every junta government is the absent of habeas corpus principles, but that is not down one person. If anything, it was down to Akpamgbo and Rafinfadi, both were the two main people fingered by the amnesty international at the time. Many of you are young and bright but thinks like cave men. Use you brain and unlimited vast instruments of knowledge around you. Not wallowing in pure ignorance. Gosh!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't do insults. At your age, you should know how to make your point without throwing insults. You have yet to answer these questions:

Was Ekwueme tried after 20 months?
Was Ekwueme ever found guilty?

Your habeas corpus alibi is neither here nor here. It doesn't explain why Ekwueme who was about the first politician to be arrested by Buhari's men was not tried for 20 months and others arrested later were tried and sentenced. Doesn't the fact that a tribunal headed by an eminent jurist exonerated Ekwueme suggest that Buhari was totally wrong in keeping an innocent man in detention. If I were you guys, I will continue to highlight the coupist's best attribute-which is that is is not materialistic- but will not defend the indefensible. Remember, not being materialistic does not equate not being corrupt, for Buhari is CURRUPT. Coup plotting is a crime, an illegal action and as such is corruption.
Who else apart from Buhari/Idiagbon saw the phantom $56,000 in Ekwueme's house?

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by hazyfm: 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
publisher:

Over to una...

[size=18pt]Why do you have two rubber balls in between your K-Legs[/size]
Over to you..

Joblessness is a big disease
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Sibabasibaba1: 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
Eziachi:
I Like people that debate issues with facts and not emotion of how they feel. Counter my argument with alternative facts and not generalized fiction laden with hateful raw emotion.
It's waste of time trying to beat a dead horse. I have no time for self imposed mediocrity. Knowledge is like a gem. You have to dig deeper to find it. That's why you never see diamond lying around on streets and that's why gems are not for the poor. If you want to know about Nigeria, you can, but leave your tribal sentiment behind and you will be amazed at what you will discover.
This is why I believe that the best future for us Igbos is independent Biafra and not Nigeria. How can any nation advanced with such hateful mentality against one another? Nigeria can never work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The number one fact is that Buhari was the head of the coupists who seized power illegally in 1983. I hope you know what it means to be involved in a coup. Let me ask you, if the coup had failed after Buhari read his speech, would he have gone scot-free? Which other fact do you need? In fact, you are the one who should be debating with facts. I raised my points on an issue and you said they were "101%" lies even when you did not have any shred of fact to back your claim. Again, you are the one debating with emotion. It is clear in your posts. That is why you have been throwing insults instead of stating your facts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Trailblazer1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
Very soon, Buhari's vuvuzelas will post a link to a 1984 New York Times article
[http://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/21/world/around-the-world-nigeria-says-it-recovers-millions-from-ex-aides.html], claiming that stockpiles of money of more than $56,000 was found in Ekweme's House. But tell them that that was Buhari's government's allegation. Apart from Buhari/Idiagbon, no one else saw that money. They just had to trump up that charge to justify their human rights abuse just to earn legitimacy in the eyes of the world.

Till today, Buhari cannot substantiate why he cruelly jailed Ekwueme. He only came up with an unproven allegation which Uwaifo panel shot down few years later.

Ekwueme was not tried. He was never sentenced. Buhari just left him to rot in Kirirkiri without trial because he knew he had no evidence.

Now, look at what Ekwueme has to say about the allegations:

" Buhari cannot even get any evidence to support what he was saying because they were allies. Blatant lies. It was just a hang-up he had simply because he was in power, and had the gun. And he had to justify his own illegality (of toppling a legitimate government)".

And read this too: Ekwueme was never tried but was illegally detained for 20 months. Hear him:

"I waited for them for 20 months and they didn’t even come to ask me a question because I was the first person to be detained from December 31".

Read this Ekwueme's interview: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=8561

Buhari is an epitome of criminality and wickedness. All perfumes of Arabia cannot mask the stench of dictatorship and cruelty that oozes out of him. Try as you can to fumigate his image, like the he-goat, his body produces his stench.

Buhari 101
What an interesting revelation for the young generation.
I've never seen an Igbo hater succeed.
Watch buhari

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
only a tribal and religious bigot will vote buhari

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Genius100: 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
Another failed thread....

Eziachi... well done
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oga, why not point out the lie rather than make sweeping statement?
Have you read things I have posted, those are the points and not generalized statement. He is still over the top wrong.

Yes he was.

Was it right to detain an innocent man for 20 months without trial?
No It's wrong to detain anyone without trial but guess what it a military junta environmental. Even America detained people in Guantanamo without trial despite being the beacon of democracy.

If there was any evidence against Ekwueme why wasn't he charged to court? I have tens of evidence, just start with his 3 five stars modotel hotels chain and his brewery which he built with your money when he was in power. In fact the one in Owerri was built on public land, that supposed to be a part of the central bank Owerri.
Yes he was charged before a tribunal championed by court judges like Uwaifo and he wasn't in isolation of such treatment. North, West, East were not left out and Nigerians cheering the junta government then.
[quote]
The onus is on you to point out the lie. And don't bring church and God into this. If you have any alibi for your messiah why not come up with it?
Check the meaning of Onus again. You brought church and God into it because your sentiment about Buhari lies on religion and tribal lineage. And Buhari is not my messiah, far from it. But I don't need to tell lies about another person just because like their politics or their person.
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Pa Eziachi,please keep lecturing the ignorant dolts. Another persons I will like you to lecture is Ngwakwe and PointB. Those two are totally lost!
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Eziachi: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't do insults. At your age, you should know how to make your point without throwing insults. You have yet to answer these questions:

Was Ekwueme tried after 20 months?

Your habeas corpus alibi is neither here nor here. It doesn't explain why Ekwueme who was about the first politician to be arrested by Buhari's men was not tried for 20 months and others arrested later were tried and sentenced. Doesn't the fact that a tribunal headed by an eminent jurist exonerated Ekwueme suggest that Buhari was totally wrong in keeping an innocent man in detention. If I were you guys, I will continue to highlight the coupist's best attribute-which is that is is not materialistic- but will not defend the indefensible. Remember, not being materialistic does not equate not being corrupt, for Buhari is CURRUPT. Coup plotting is a crime, an illegal action and as such is corruption.
Who else apart from Buhari/Idiagbon saw the phantom $56,000 in Ekwueme's house?

Am sorry if you felt that I insulted you. Mine and yours understanding of the word THEM is different. I said that them denote an institution and not a person. If you find that as insult, them accept my apologies.
If know any junta government that doesn't detain people without trial, please let me know. So habeas corpus is fact not an alibi.
If Buhari was in power for 6 months and Ekwueme was held for 20 before, am not a maths expert but how does that make sense to you?
The argument of who was detained is quite nonsensical to me. What difference does it make if he was picked first or last? I kept asking you guys what tribe or religious was Umoru Dikko or Akinloye who suffered more than Ekwueme. Ambrose Ali almost died from his detention, Jakande was detained. Why is Ekwueme detention different. I don't care how quickly or how long he was detained, he was corrupt while holding public office. I don't care where he comes from or where he prays.
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Sibabasibaba1: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
Eziachi:

Am sorry if you felt that I insulted you. Mine and yours understanding of the word THEM is different. I said that them denote an institution and not a person. If you find that as insult, them accept my apologies.
If know any junta government that doesn't detain people without trial, please let me know. So habeas corpus is fact not an alibi.
If Buhari was in power for 6 months and Ekwueme was held for 20 before, am not a maths expert but how does that make sense to you?
The argument of who was detained is quite nonsensical to me. What difference does it make if he was picked first or last? I kept asking you guys what tribe or religious was Umoru Dikko or Akinloye who suffered more than Ekwueme. Ambrose Ali almost died from his detention, Jakande was detained. Why is Ekwueme detention different. I don't care how quickly or how long he was detained, he was corrupt while holding public office. I don't care where he comes from or where he prays.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry, I don't do tribalism. I hate Buhari's hypocrisy but in all my posts, I have never accused him of tribal or religious bigotry. I will be happy if you point out where I did that. Please, Buhari was in power from Dec 31 1983 to August 1985. That is not six months. Read my posts, I focused on Ekwueme and not Jakande, Dikko, et al. Perhaps, you mistook me for another person. Ekwueme was corrupt while holding public office? Please you said you deal with facts. Point me to the court or tribunal that found Ekwueme guilty while holding public office--and please don't point me to Buhari's allegation against Ekwueme because allegation does not equate guilt. Bring the link or shut up on this for ever.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Sibabasibaba1: 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
Eziachi:
Have you read things I have posted, those are the points and not generalized statement. He is still over the top wrong.
Yes he was.
No It's wrong to detain anyone without trial but guess what it a military junta environmental. Even America detained people in Guantanamo without trial despite being the beacon of democracy.

Check the meaning of Onus again. You brought church and God into it because your sentiment about Buhari lies on religion and tribal lineage. And Buhari is not my messiah, far from it. But I don't need to tell lies about another person just because like their politics or their person.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You said what I posted was a lie. And I said if I posted lies the Burden (onus) was on you to point out the lies. You have yet to. Please stop accusing me wrongly. I never brought any religious or tribal sentiments into my posts. Perhaps you need glasses to read my posts. The mere fact that you called Buhari's government a military junta means that you accept his government was an aberration, an illegality. So, everything he did was illegal. Can you tell me those America detained at Guantanamo? So, Ekwueme is now a terrorist. you don't need to support illegality because you want to defend a criminal coupist. Until you point me to the link where a court or tribunal found Ekwueme guilty of any crime, I will not respond to you.

One last thing: Always read a post well so as not to accuse one of what one never said.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by karlmax2: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

Thank you for agreeing that Buhari is a Boko Haram sponsor. Let us now ask the corrupt criminal coup plotter, Buhari, where he kept the so called $56,000 he found in Ekwueme's house as he could not find the liver to try Ekwueme after 20 months. This even more ridiculous given that Ekwueme was about the first politician to be arrested when Buhari illegally seized power. If he found the evidence to try those that were arrested later, I wonder why he could not try Ekwueme after 20 months. For 20 months he was still building a case against Ekwueme. This your alibi as ridiculous as it is pathetic.
according to the mugu ibb is corrupt we agree about that .but ibb was a member of buhari's supreme military council. Buhari appointed a corrupt ibb as part of his government. Buhari is a criminal and a fraud he was ruling nigeria with corrupt characters like ibb and abacha.

During oputa panel ibb that Nigerians know as corrupt ran to court to stop him from appearing on the panel,

Buhari who this maga is trying to portray as an upright man ran to court just like the way corrupt ibb did .

The question I now ask the sai Buhari mugus are

If Buhari was not as corrupt as ibb why did he take the same step the evil genius took to avoid been asked the role they played in running this country aground and all those people he murdered...plus the 2.5b dollar traced to his account. Buhari and his crew ibb and abacha institutionalised corruption

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by Zzchampion: 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by karlmax2: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Eziachi:

it wasn't his coup then why did he run to court when he was asked to come and explain his role in the coup if he was innocent as you claim would have come to the oputa panel to clears his name. Instead like the coward That he is he ran to court to avoid facing the nigerian people to explain his so called innocent role both as a junta and as Ptf chairman in another corrupt abacha junta government?
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? by luvmijeje(f): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
yemaldo:
There were dozens of former governors, ministers, business
people of Muslim Hausa-Fulani origin who were similarly jailed
by the Buhari regime. Just a few examples:
1. Umar Dikko, a Muslim Hausa Fulani scion and arguably the
most influential northern politician at the time, was
unprecedentedly pursued up to his UK hiding place, abducted by
the Nigerian security agents, bundled and literally 'boxed' and
almost got smuggled back to Nigeria - to account for his alleged
corruption during the Shagari regime.
2. Isyaku Rabiu, arguably one of the richest ever Hausa Fulani
businessmen, and one of the most highly respected Islamic
scholars as well (he is indeed one of the leading Tijaniyya
Sheikhs in West Africa), was not only thrown to jail at the time
but even got one of his legs reportedly broken by the security
agents in the process of his arrest, probably after his hundreds
of supported tried to prevent him from being arrested.
3. Another super-rich northern businessman in Kaduna, late A
Haruna Dan-ja, also a Muslim Hausa Fulani, was equally
arrested and thrown into jail (both Sheikh Isyaku Rabiu and
Danja were allegedly implicated in corrupt practices that were
considered harmful to the national economy, such as misuse of
import licences, hoarding of essential commodities, etc.).
4. Late Sabo Bakin Zuwa, a former governor of Kano state, was
sentenced to 300 years in jail WITH HARD LABOUR by a Kaduna
military tribunal, after which he was rumoured to have 'begged'
the tribunal for more years, saying that 'mere 300 years' were not
enough! LOL
5. A prominent businessman of Katsina origin, a Hausa-Fulani
Muslim, who had been allegedly aiding and abetting cross-
border smuggling between Nigeria and Niger for many years prior
to the coming of the Buhari regime, and who was so well
connected in the country, had to hide in the ceiling of his house
when security agents swooped his home in the dead hours of the
night; they evacuated all his family members and spent hours
looking for him. He eventually had to run to the Republic of Niger
where he took refuge!
6. A very influential former ambassador of Kaduna state origin, a
Hausa Muslim, is STILL living in the capital of a Western country,
apparently too traumatized and frightened to return to Nigeria,
having been implicated in a massive corruption case back then.
Like in the cases of Southern politicians, almost all of the
northern Hausa-Fulani politicians jailed during Buhari regime
were NEVER FREED until AFTER the Buhari regime was
overthrown. The fugitives among them also never returned until
after the overthrow of the Buhari's government (a few never
returned to date!). Whoever is old, enlightened and honest
enough should know all this, as it was very much a public
knowledge.
In fact, immediately after the ouster of the Buhari regime,
hundreds of friends, relatives and business associates of Sheikh
Isyaku Rabiu trooped to his Kano residence and started frenzied
celebrations and special prayers in anticipation of the release of
their billionaire Sheikh.
What many people in the South do not seem to know is the fact
that the corrupt among the Hausa Fulani Muslim elite hate and
fear a Buhari government as much as the Christian bigots and
tribalists would hate it, but for different reasons. While the latter
group hate Buhari for nothing other than sheer religious bigotry
and incurable tribalism, the former fear the general because they
know very well that it would never be business as usual for them
under a Buhari-led government - being a Muslim and a Hausa-
Fulani would NOT shield anyone of them from being held
accountable!

PDP! The ball is now in your court.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra / Give Students One-Week Holiday To Go And Vote, Peter Obi Urges Universities / The Many "Pet Projects" Of First Ladies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.