Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion (58580 Views)

does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by DonaldGenes(m): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
[quote author=AmberQueen post=27956062]She had complicatns 2wks to her due date*she was pregnant*.

She was also anaemic so she needed blood transfusion but she refused.

Few days later she passed on.

[/quote[

Safe Journey to her
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Enjoyment1(f): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
Immatex:
The living know they will die, but because if fear of death many have become slaves to God dishonoring practice.
As Witnesses, blood transfusion is and will remain an abstinence.
The Bible clearly indicates from Genesis to accounts of Acts why we must not eat blood and so not have it transfused into our veins.
She died in obedience to Bibilical commands because upon our dedication and baptism, we vowed to live the remainder of our lives for God. She's therefore sure of a resurrection, a remembrance from God, who will call her and she will raise.
Death is not end to life and dying is no sin.

No insult meant!
You are one of those who killed this lady. Open your Bible from Genesis Chapter 1 to Revelation Chapter 22 and show me where it is written that, blood should not be transfused. I can show you where blood was referred to as LIFE to every living being (including animals). Apply same to this lady. She refused to accept LIFE (blood), becos Charles Tarsel Russell (and his cohorts), manufactured a lie which has killed MILLIONS, becos they refused to accept LIFE TRANSFUSION.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by jasper7(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
Legit:
Yes, he asked question on each paragraph, unless you refused to see it. He asked if god is the commander in chief, why all the problem, he asked if he stay home instead of goin 2 church and the church burn, is it god that safe him I am paraphrasing. Reread it slowly open your mind to different thought.
I have to fitstly congratulate you for being able to dissect that post. The post was all over the place. Not articulated at all. To me, if a man chooses to question God, then he should direct those questions to God or seek the answers within himself. I don't care what he thinks or feels about God. Doesn't change the existence of the Almighty. But c'mon! If you are going to curse God, be civilized about it.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by freecocoa(f): 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
How do people get to this point? Omo even if na jazz, Tah! E no go catch me.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
blizard44:
It's her life.
She either had to chose to live or die.
Her preference was death. Death for the shackles of spurious and mind-twisting religious beliefs.

Whatever rocks her boat.

Well it isn't her life anymore
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Adesiji77: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
anergy:
Some individuals sign DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) form and state clearly that in events of certain medical emergency such as Cardiac arrest, coma et cetera that the medical team MUST NOT attempt any resuscitation. These decisions are Dignified ' and respected by the medical team and patient's legal representative and do not cause any outcry by medical personnels, media or a third party.
so if an individual decide to accept all forms of resuscitation apart from the use of allogeneic blood, such person's decision should also be respected by care givers, the media or a thirty party. It is a Personal decision and should not cause any form of noise or outcry from any body.

Thumbs up!

I don't understand why a lot of people want to take 'panadol' for another person's headache.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Adesiji77: 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
stpat1:
for those of you dishing out gibberish comments on her actions, I ask you, would you renounce YOUR FAITH to LIVE?

Yes or No?

Multi-million dollar question cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Sogen2(f): 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Enjoyment1:

You may be right about bloodless surgeries that were successful. But JW can never be right about what Bible says about blood transfusion. There is no where in the Bible where it was categorically stated that, "NO TO BLOOD TRANSFUSION"
Rather, what the Bible says about blood is simple...."do not eat any animal with its blood, for the blood is the life of that animal". Here, Bible is very clear on this fact.

It simply means, you cant eat animals that died on their own, or caught with a trap, becos the blood wasnt shed.

Another meaning from that passage, is that, BLOOD is LIFE, and LIFE is BLOOD. That means, should anyone need (life) which is blood, should he or she be denied?

Annoying as their interpretation may be, their own interpretation was concocted by Charles Russell, and a team of scholars, who studied the Bible in an unfamiliar manner. It was becos of this, his wife divorced him. The guy and his team later graduated and called themselves JW. Since it was hard to convince many with the current Bible to join them. They now published their own Bible in 1961, called "The New World Translation of The Jehovah's Witness".

Another bad example of how they misinterpreted the Bible. Just becos Ahab's daughter requested for the head of John the Baptist on her birthday and it was granted her, they simply BANNED birthday celebrations, and tagged it EVIL. My question to them is, before beheading of John the Baptist, was birthay celebration EVIL? Becos some Pastors' wives acted in bad fate with their husband, does that means, ALL Pastors should not marry?

Was there anywhere the bible says 'No to Smoking'? U still looking for things in black and white. And about the birthday issue, it was Herodias' daughter that asked for John the Baptist's head and not Ahab's daughter. Jesus Christ spent 33 and a half years on earth and it was not reported that he celebrated his birthday EVEN ONCE. And dnt compare ur pastors to Jehovah's witnesses cos Jehovah's Witnesses are all Brothers and Sisters, there is no office of 'PASTOR'
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Enjoyment1(f): 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
Adesiji77:

Multi-million dollar question cheesy

It may be multi-million dollars question to her and her likes, but its this not another man-made doctrine as against what Revelation Chapter 22 says, as in adding to the Bible?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by ekemini007(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
frustratedman:
When boko haram where bombing churches in the north, God sat like a mumu and watched innocents young and old die. Is the church not supposed to be the safest place one can be if that dummy God truly cares

Take for instance on a sunday morning someone summoned me to go to church and I refused. I insisted I have a girl coming over and I refused to go to church because I want to fvck. 30mins later the church was bombed and everyone died including the person that summoned me. Will I have to thank God for making me stay at home fornicating instead of go to church and die

If the bastard God truly cares about we humans why does he watch our pain and misery? Is he not the commander in chief of the whole universe

The wicked dummy God make me loose all I had 200k. It shall never be well with God. I hate God and I wish I can end his existence if I had the chance

Guy is either u ar satan or satan posses u. But natin Jesus no fit do so silent in jesus name!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Enjoyment1(f): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
Sogen2:

Was there anywhere the bible says 'No to Smoking'? U still looking for things in black and white. And about the birthday issue, it was Herodias' daughter that asked for John the Baptist's head and not Ahab's daughter. Jesus Christ spent 33 and a half years on earth and it was not reported that he celebrated his birthday EVEN ONCE. And dnt compare ur pastors to Jehovah's witnesses cos Jehovah's Witnesses are all Brothers and Sisters, there is no office of 'PASTOR'

Good, atleast someone is saying something. Why didnt u talk directly about the blood stuff, by quoting same from the scriptures?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by hunter21(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by hunter21(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
apart from prison yards, where else do they use WATCHTOWER

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by anergy: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
About a week and some days ago, an American woman was permitted by the law court to end her life because she does not want to continue to suffer from to her illness and she was "MERCIFULLY" killed by her doctors. This sinful act did not create any upheaval neither did it receive condemnations but was viewed as a personal decision. Why then should people hypocritically condemn another person's decision which is based on firm conviction and faith?
Acts 15:29 states that Christians should abstain from fornication, from blood, from things sacrificed to idols, from things strangled BUT some people just decide that fornication, idolatry are wrong but not abstinence from blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
ekemini007:

Guy is either u ar satan or satan posses u. But natin Jesus no fit do so silent in jesus name!

SATAN IS BETA than that bastard called GOD who made me loose 200k
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by hunter21(m): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
anergy:
About a week and some days ago, an American woman was permitted by the law court to end her life because she does not want to continue to suffer from to her illness and she was "MERCIFULLY" killed by her doctors. This sinful act did not create any upheaval neither did it receive condemnations but was viewed as a personal decision. Why then should people hypocritically condemn another person's decision which is based on firm conviction and faith?
Acts 15:29 states that Christians should abstain from fornication, from blood, from things sacrificed to idols, from things strangled BUT some people just decide that fornication, idolatry are wrong but not abstinence from blood.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Enjoyment1(f): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
In summary, its her choice to go before her time. Its our duty to enlightened others against the dangers of such actions. Those that have ears, let them hear.

READ THE BIBLE by yourself. Please never let another read the Bible and come to tell you what he/she read, and the meanings. Thats what is killing many. IGNORANCE!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by paulsir: 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
I DON'T BLAME THEM,I BLAME RICHARD RUSSELL,HE PREDICTED THAT WORLD WILL COME TO AN END SIX TIMES BETWEEN 1912 TO 1926 BUT GOD DISGRACED HIM FOR THOSE SIX TIMES.HE LATER PROPOUNDED THAT THERE IS NO:HEAVEN,HELL,HOLY SPIRIT,CROSS (JESUS DIED ON NEPA POLE), ETAL. HE BELIEVED GOD WILL DESTROY THE WHOLE WORLD BUT JW WITH WAR OF ARMAGEDDON.HE TOLD HIS CONVERTS THAT ONLY 144K ARE GOING TO HEAVEN AND THEY ARE COMPLETED QUOTING REVELATION 7:4 NEGLECTING VERSE 9 THAT TALKS ABOUT YOU AND ME BECAUSE ORIGINALLY WE ARE NOT ISRAELITES.
LITTLE WONDER 273 WORDS WERE CHANGED IN THEIR WORLD TRANSLATION BIBLE.EVEN SOME WILL TELL YOU JESUS IS NOT LORD HE DIED FOR HIS OWN SINS AND NOT FOR THE WORLD

GO AND READ PREPARE FOR WAR BY CATHERINE KUMAR
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by farefemi: 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Bias news at its finest! Please remove this malicious news piece from this forum or at least change the title.

Did you notice the bolded section of your report. How did refusing blood transfusion kill her a whole month after. Can someone with shortage of blood during surgery survive for a month? Don't you realise she may have died from other thing?

Why not right report about JW who have refused blood transfusions and STILL survived or better yet about people who took blood transfusions and still die.

Do you think blood transfusions save lives 100%. Do you think blood transfusions is the BEST/ New technological way to achieve successful surgery?

@bolded section, JW did not say, God through the bible said so. We simply obey no matter what why others choose what they obey. (If God told them to sacrifice their child, they would tell him no! They lack the kind of faith Abramham had)

Controversies and many death? What about the many lifes that decision has saved- both now and in the resurrection. Focus on the positive.

Trying to stay alive? For how long? Is it quaranteed that after disobeying God by taking blood transfusions- the person will survive the surgery.

Is obeying God less important than our short miserable life on this earth?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the post above are just based on ignorance and lack of proper information. I am not surprised because Satan said to God, "whatever a man has he will give to save his soul". In this case, many are ready to sacrifice their Faith, Loyalty, Obedience,and Love for God and commandments for TRYING (NB:no quarantee) to save their soul only to discover that they can't outrun death.
THE GOD OF THE BIBLE SAYS;ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD AND THINGS SACRIFICED TO IDOLS.
DO NOT EAT BLOOD ALONG WITH THE FLESH.
IT IS A CLEAR INSTRUCTION
OP PLEASE VISIT JW.ORG
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Westlife2013(m): 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
Its simple...she chose to follow bible's principle, she valued her relationship with God, yes she died with an unwavering faith but there is hope for a resurrection. U guys need to dig deep into d scriptures, its nt all abt goin to church dance and cumback home. Dig deep cz na una be d ignorants ones here.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by sinequanon: 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
anergy:
Some individuals sign DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) form and state clearly that in events of certain medical emergency such as Cardiac arrest, coma et cetera that the medical team MUST NOT attempt any resuscitation. These decisions are Dignified ' and respected by the medical team and patient's legal representative and do not cause any outcry by medical personnels, media or a third party.
so if an individual decide to accept all forms of resuscitation apart from the use of allogeneic blood, such person's decision should also be respected by care givers, the media or a thirty party. It is a Personal decision and should not cause any form of noise or outcry from any body.

But sometimes people just react...

...like chicken when they see a fox...

braaow-braaow-braaow

braaow-braaow-braaow-braaow-braaow
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by paulsir: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
Westlife2013:
Its simple...she chose to follow bible's principle, she valued her relationship with God, yes she died with an unwavering faith but there is hope for a resurrection. U guys need to dig deep into d scriptures, its nt all abt goin to church dance and cumback home. Dig deep cz na una be d ignorants ones here.
DO THEY BELIEVE IN RESURRECTION?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
My people perish because they lack knowledge.

Rip to d dead
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Landflight4eva(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
I am over 30 years old and I survive blood transfusion barely a month after my birth...I was taken to two or more hospitals...My father was arrested for refusing blood transfusion...but I survive y don't u just go online and do research about d superiority of bloodless surgery over blood transfusion..may be u are not aware that no two life are d same and just like fingerprint no two blood are d same they are just categorised ....we believe absolutely in d saving power of Jesus blood for now and in d future....d ancient Egyptian and d mesopotamians are known for using blood for medicine hence d bible warns against eating or drinking it

You may be right about bloodless surgeries that were successful. But JW can never be right about what Bible says about blood transfusion. There is no where in the Bible where it was categorically stated that, "NO TO BLOOD TRANSFUSION"
Rather, what the Bible says about blood is simple...."do not eat any animal with its blood, for the blood is the life of that animal". Here, Bible is very clear on this fact.

It simply means, you cant eat animals that died on their own, or caught with a trap, becos the blood wasnt shed.

Another meaning from that passage, is that, BLOOD is LIFE, and LIFE is BLOOD. That means, should anyone need (life) which is blood, should he or she be denied?

Annoying as their interpretation may be, their own interpretation was concocted by Charles Russell, and a team of scholars, who studied the Bible in an unfamiliar manner. It was becos of this, his wife divorced him. The guy and his team later graduated and called themselves JW. Since it was hard to convince many with the current Bible to join them. They now published their own Bible in 1961, called "The New World Translation of The Jehovah's Witness".

Another bad example of how they misinterpreted the Bible. Just becos Ahab's daughter requested for the head of John the Baptist on her birthday and it was granted her, they simply BANNED birthday celebrations, and tagged it EVIL. My question to them is, before beheading of John the Baptist, was birthay celebration EVIL? Becos some Pastors' wives acted in bad fate with h
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by stevenson007: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
Op and CO. A lot of people have brought up topics like this and even worst, as far as talk is cheap the fact remains- she would be rewarded by Jehovah God. If you dont like that fact, you can hang yourself, that to is cheap as talk.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by benodic: 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
God is now a book, written by people and which people carry around and consult for any major decision in their life.
some after consulting the book will interpret it that God said they should kill others by bombing them if they do not accept their own book and off they go and bombing commences and people are massacred.

another group interprets that God said in their book that medical treatment is evil and off they go, rejecting all forms of medical treatment with its attendant mortalities.

nobody bothers to really ask God who is still alive today and talks to us everyday, and in his ever present Spirit we live, move and have our being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by stevenson007: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Landflight4eva:
I am over 30 years old and I survive blood transfusion barely a month after my birth...I was taken to two or more hospitals...My father was arrested for refusing blood transfusion...but I survive y don't u just go online and do research about d superiority of bloodless surgery over blood transfusion..may be u are not aware that no two life are d same and just like fingerprint no two blood are d same they are just categorised ....we believe absolutely in d saving power of Jesus blood for now and in d future....d ancient Egyptian and d mesopotamians are known for using blood for medicine hence d bible warns against eating or drinking it

Another bad example of how they misinterpreted the Bible. Just becos Ahab's daughter requested for the head of John the Baptist on her birthday and it was granted her, they simply BANNED birthday celebrations, and tagged it EVIL. My question to them is, before beheading of John the Baptist, was birthay celebration EVIL? Becos some Pastors' wives acted in bad fate with h
Nothing but trash...... We are better, if only everyone alive is a j.witness hw wuld d world b lyk?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by mygem: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
See people claiming righteousness over a lady sticking courageously to her belief that is BIble based.But you dont see it wrong to be cohabiting with a lady u are not married to, you dont see wrong in sleeping with a woman outside your matrimonal home, you dont see wrong in inflating a contract, I have been to trainings where money is expensed for hotel but majority forge hotel receipts and expense it..nothing wrong in that,pastors telling u to pay for prayers and olive oil...nothing wrong...thousands of witnesses where imprisoned for nothing siding Hitler when your religious leaders where dining with him, google and find out about young witnesses in eritea prisons for refusing to take up arms. Who really are the hypocrits and who really try hard to follow Gods word.....Jehovah's witnesses are hated because they are different.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by stevenson007: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
benodic:

God is now a book, written by people and which people carry around and consult for any major decision in their life.
some after consulting the book will interpret it that God said they should kill others by bombing them if they do not accept their own book and off they go and bombing commences and people are massacred.

another group interprets that God said in their book that medical treatment is evil and off they go, rejecting all forms of medical treatment with its attendant mortalities.

nobody bothers to really ask God who is still alive today and talks to us everyday, and in his ever present Spirit we live, move and have our being.
trash
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by stevenson007: 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
mygem:
See people claiming righteousness over a lady sticking courageously to her belief that is BIble based.But you dont see it wrong to be cohabiting with a lady u are not married to, you dont see wrong in sleeping with a woman outside your matrimonal home, you dont see wrong in inflating a contract, I have been to trainings where money is expensed for hotel but majority forge hotel receipts and expense it..nothing wrong in that,pastors telling u to pay for prayers and olive oil...nothing wrong...thousands of witnesses where imprisoned for nothing siding Hitler when your religious leaders where dining with him, google and find out about young witnesses in eritea prisons for refusing to take up arms. Who really are the hypocrits and who really try hard to follow Gods word.....Jehovah's witnesses are hated because they are different.
acknowledged
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
Boko haram mentality !
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by stevenson007: 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
frustratedman:

SATAN IS BETA than that bastard called GOD who made me loose 200k
guy i understand ur situation, the last time i checked, people like went to mechanic workshop to check their brain. Ogbolo lyk u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

What Gospel Songs Makes You Cry? / Penuel Mnguni Confesses At TB Joshua's Church, Seeks For Prayers & Deliverance / Apostle Suleman Speaks On His Preferred Candidate: 'Thief Better Than A Killer'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.