Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

M.S. Research Assistantship Aquaculture/fisheries - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / M.S. Research Assistantship Aquaculture/fisheries (955 Views)

Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats / Aquaculture Empowerment And Skill Acquisition Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.S. Research Assistantship Aquaculture/fisheries by growcatfish: 9:08am On Nov 11, 2014
M.S. Research Assistantship
Aquaculture/Fisheries Center
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
Pine Bluff, AR 71601
Understanding of Changing Consumers’ Preference and
Designing New U. S. Farm-raised Catfish Products
Description: Catfish is the leading aquaculture industry in the U.S. supplying approximately 45% of the total U.S. aquaculture production. The total economic value of the catfish industry is close to $3 billion annually. At the request of the catfish industry and with finding support from the National Institute for Food and Agriculture of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is implementing a project to develop new products of U.S. farm-raised catfish based on analyses of consumers’ preferences and the technical and economic feasibility for the industry. The project will cover important stages of the ‘product development pathway’ and will begin with stakeholders in mind and end with greater consumer satisfaction and excitement about U.S. farm-raised catfish. The student will develop a thesis on economics and marketing U.S. farm-raised catfish products, specifically focusing on i) understanding of changing consumers’ preferences for U.S. farm-raised catfish and ii)designing new U.S. farm-raised catfish products (including packaging, labeling) for different markets based on changing consumers’ needs in various segments of the domestic market.
Qualifications: B.S. degree in aquaculture/fisheries, aquaculture/fisheries economics and marketing, agricultural economics, applied economics, econometrics, marketing, agribusiness or a related field, minimum GPA of 3.0, and GRE score of 1,000+ (verbal + quantitative) for GRE exams prior to Nov 1, 2011 and GRE of 297+ (verbal + quantitative) for GRE exams after Nov 1, 2011 are required. Minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the TOEFL paper version (213 on the computer version, 79 on the internet version), or 6.5 on IELTS is required for international students. A strong interest in economics and marketing, familiarity with modeling and econometric software packages (such as STATA, SAS, R, GAMS), strong writing skills, excellent work ethic, and demonstrated ability to work independently and as a productive member of a research team are required. Demonstrated experience with management of large databases is desirable.

Stipend: $17,800/year for Year 1, $18,000/year for year 2; in-state tuition.
Re: M.S. Research Assistantship Aquaculture/fisheries by GboyegaD(m): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2014
Hope they move this to front page so that people can benefit from it.
Re: M.S. Research Assistantship Aquaculture/fisheries by amokemi(m): 9:32am On Nov 11, 2014
How does one apply please?
Re: M.S. Research Assistantship Aquaculture/fisheries by nycobama: 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
Is it possible to do catfish farming indoor?

I will like people in the house to advise me on the type of pond to use. I'm moving to my site and I have a compound and extra 3 bedroom flat which I intend using for fish farming. I live abroad and we do buy some extremely large catfish here tho we know they have their style of breading them. I'm planing to go through some training here before coming home to combine the experience here with the one I will learn relating with Nigeria setting. Kindly send useful guide/information to my email or add me on WhatsApp olumidepopoola44@gmail.com +60146489827

(1) (Reply)

Turnkey Catfish Production - Catfish Farming Without Stress / Rabbit 4 Sale / Attractive Offer! 300 Broilers At 3kg For Sale This Week At 1,600 To 1,700

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.