Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? (6833 Views)

How America And The West Are Likely To Assist Osinbajo To Presidency / No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by TRUTHTELA: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
The hatred and fight to stop Jonathan, by Northern muslims and some Southwest folks is no longer a secret. Jonathan must go and he cannot be your president, right. However, other folks in the Southeast and Southsouth, are saying, IF HE CAN'T BE PRESIDENT, THEY'LL BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA.

My simple question is, How come the Southwest and the North hell bent on having a FAILED nation, that NOTHING HAS WORKED, and THE UNION IS NOT WORKING AND IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK

I mean, is it that they can't survive on their own? Who's benefitting from Nigeria?

I expected some tribes to be saying, "IF GEJ, IS RE-ELECTED ( he's weak and clueless rite?), WE'LL BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA. You that's informed and have the resources should be yearning for your own nation. I don't get the HYPOCRISY or they're LEECHES or what?

19 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by truefact: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Will comment later
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by nedu2000(m): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
The south west has also been fighting for true federalism,where one of its characteristics involves resource control. A break off of Nigeria is an extreme measure,true federalism is a better alternative,the yorubas are politically the most matured and play their chips well. They can survive without the oil from the niger delta 'cause they have the human resources to do so.

As for the North,hmmm,unless exploration of uranium,oil,steel starts in large commercial quantities there,which will bring massive revenue,they'll always be against federalism and the breakup of nigeria
My fear is that Gej will execute the confab recommendations on federalism in 2018,just before he leaves

25 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
I like this post ! No be small!!
The EVER parasitic North will not want to go cos of awuf Oyel moni!!
The West wants a bigger market and space to enjoy the Oyel Moni!!
Hahahah!!

While Baba God is looking and laffing @ the drama!!
GEJ till sultan of sokoto becomes a pastor!!!

14 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by atlwireles: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
They know without Nigeria, they will become Togo/benin republic or Niger/Chad. grin grin grin grin grin Just endure their noise till after 2015. They will start fighting over 2019 elections. cool cool

19 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Udehpaschal1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
@op , this question should be specially reserved for the gods to answer..... I suggest u consult IFA

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by adehsenior(m): 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
Have you ever wondered why it is the muslim in the north, this is because the typical hausa-fulani muslim does not believe that a non-muslim(Infidel) can't rule over them and that's why the whole APC presidential Aspirants are Hausa-Fulani, but the truth be told whether they like it or not the north will never develop untill the leaders in the north change their feudal lords culture of Usman Dan fodio ara

4 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Donmarrius: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
nedu2000:
The south west has also been fighting for true federalism,where one of its characteristics involves resource control. A break off of Nigeria is an extreme measure,true federalism is a better alternative,the yorubas are politically the most matured and play their chips well. They can survive without the oil from the niger delta 'cause they have the human resources to do so.

As for the North,hmmm,unless exploration of uranium,oil,steel starts in large commercial quantities there,which will bring massive revenue,they'll always be against federalism and the breakup of nigeria
My fear is that Gej will execute the confab recommendations on federalism in 2018,just before he leaves
keep singing your Yoruba sophistication and 'political maturity-bololo' mantra,as long as it makes you fine.but please,read that question again,it is hanged on 'breakup',and not form of government.be guided accordingly,and answer the question you and your likes.

12 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Nairabeezie(m): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by mopesy: 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
TRUTHTELA:
The hatred and fight to stop Jonathan, by Northern muslims and some Southwest folks is no longer a secret. Jonathan must go and he cannot be your president, right. However, other folks in the Southeast and Southsouth, are saying, IF HE CAN'T BE PRESIDENT, THEY'LL BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA.

My simple question is, How come the Southwest and the North hell bent on having a FAILED nation, that NOTHING HAS WORKED, and THE UNION IS NOT WORKING AND IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK

I mean, is it that they can't survive on their own? Who's benefitting from Nigeria?

I expected some tribes to be saying, "IF GEJ, IS RE-ELECTED ( he's weak and clueless rite?), WE'LL BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA. You that's informed and have the resources should be yearning for your own nation. I don't get the HYPOCRISY or they're LEECHES or what?

so u feel the South west and d north will not survive without oil.rise above mediocrity and stop being sentimental.be honest and point to any good thing this clueless administration has done and think deep down whether u r right or wrong on your message.

10 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Princewill1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
Come 2015,we are returning Gej to Aso Rock and anybody who is not comfortable with it,is free to SECEDE.Thank U

13 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by tinkinjow: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
I see many avoiding this question.
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by atlwireles: 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
mopesy:
so u feel the South west and d north will not survive without oil.rise above mediocrity and stop being sentimental.be honest and point to any good thing this clueless administration has done and think deep down whether u r right or wrong on your message.

Please tell us what your wise and clue full administrations did in Nigeria from 1960-2011. grin Yes, everybody will survive, because the people in Niger, Mali, Benin are among Nations and they are still alive . The OP asked, if you people hate Goodluck so much why not take the bold step and seek separation from him.

20 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
U wan make hunger kill them?
D truth remains dat both regions will wine and dine with poverty if oil money allocation from d FG do not reach there coffers.If BIAFRA WS allowed to stay,she would HV been competing favorably wit d US and JAPAN in the world of technology by now.

17 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by shakol91(m): 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donmarrius:

keep singing your Yoruba sophistication and 'political maturity-bololo' mantra,as long as it makes you fine.but please,read that question again,it is hanged on 'breakup',and not form of government.be guided accordingly,and answer the question you and your likes.

Gbagbe OSI, Awolowo did it with our cocoa,timber and other farm produce. Everybody will feel the heat should Nigeria break,I believe every region will go back to drawing board *chikena*

7 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by IGBOSON1: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
TRUTHTELA:

^^^Because they can't imagine life without Nigeria!
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
i would have bared my mind on this issue but am yet to be un-banned in the politics section for the comment i made on Monday

however, be informed that a parasite can not survive without its host and can never be a host in itself or it seizes to be a parasite.

9 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by nedu2000(m): 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donmarrius:

in summary,yorubas have nothing to lose whether nigerian breaks up or not,the north seemingly have much to lose,while the niger delta seemingly have much to gain

I am an igbo boy from anambra but with an open mind devoid of party affiliations & tribal sentiments one can make qualitative analysis.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by shakol91(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
nedu2000:
in summary,yorubas have nothing to lose whether nigerian breaks up or not,the north seemingly have much to lose,while the niger delta seemingly have much to gain

I am an igbo boy from anambra but with an open mind devoid of party affiliations & tribal sentiments one can make qualitative analysis.
God bless U. you need to tell your people that project like cocoa house at dugbe in ibadan wasn't built with oil money,liberty stadium,free health and education system all these has nothing to do with oil money during Awo's era

5 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by zimoni(f): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Dem don start their wahala again

Which kain kuesan be this nah?

Anyway, we the Yorubas are always ready to go our separate way.

We were doing very well before the unitary government, so I believe we would do well without your oil money.

I can't wait to become a citizen of Oduduwa Republic.

Salam.

8 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Because they can't imagine life without Nigeria!
Fvctard
we remember what happened the last time when Governor Babatunde Raji Ifashola deported destitute ibos back to iboland.

We know the tribe that cannot do without Nigeria. We know does who constitute the highest number of displaced people in Nigeria

21 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by PriceOfGarri(m): 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
President Jonathan: "I will step on toes if re-elected"

Fast forward to december 2018;

Gej implements confab recommendations!... True federalism shocked shocked

Hahahahaha
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
ofiafuluego:
U wan make hunger kill them?
D truth remains dat both regions will wine and dine with poverty if oil money allocation from d FG do not reach there coffers.If BIAFRA WS allowed to stay,she would HV been competing favorably wit d US and JAPAN in the world of technology by now.
F'lathead
it seems you'v forgotten about how starvation and kwashiorkor finished your miserable mother off at Biafra

7 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by EdCure: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
We all see Nigeria as our own. Does a man issue threat to leave HIS OWN house?
The (empty and poorly planned) threats of secession is most common among the population that regard itself as tenants, immigrants and the subjugated.
No region in Nigeria is as diverse with settler communities as the SW and Edo.
When the time comes, we shall surround and dump you all at what remains of the Onitsha Head Bridge.

11 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
atlwireles:

. The OP asked, if you people hate Goodluck so much why not take the bold step and seek separation from him.
Be sensible, atleatst for once.

Rivers, Lagos, Edo states etc are all APC states whereas Taraba, Benue, Kebbi states etc are PDP states

How about having Lagos and Edo separated from the country while you have your country with Taraba, Kebbi, Gombe and other PDP states with Jonathan

9 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by Donmarrius: 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
shakol91:
Gbagbe OSI, Awolowo did it with our cocoa,timber and other farm produce. Everybody will feel the heat should Nigeria break,I believe every region will go back to drawing board *chikena*
Did you pass common entrance examination?.Is that what the Op ask?.why not answer the question intelligently?.let me repeat it to you in a more simplied manner,WHY IS IT THAT,NORTH AND SW DESPITE HATING AND DISPARAGING GEJ,AND BY EXTENSION SS AND SE,HAS NEVER DEEMED IT NECESSARY TO WALK AWAY FROM THIS UNION OF OURS?

5 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by atlwireles: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Be sensible, atleatst for once.

Rivers, Lagos, Edo states etc are all APC states whereasTaraba, Benue, Kebbi states etc are PDP states

How about having Lagos and Edo separated from the country while you have your country with Taraba, Kebbi, Gombe and ther PDP states with Jonathan

Quote me when you have 1000 comments and your moniker is 36 months old.

4 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by dokiOloye(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
Because na Hausa/fulani and their Yoruba conductors de loot Nigeria 2geda since independence.Na him also make dem don activate the press wey dem de control to make my man GEJ look bad inspite of all him good works.

1 Like

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donmarrius:

Did you pass common entrance examination?.Is that what the Op ask?.why not answer the question intelligently?.let me repeat it to you in a more simplied manner,WHY IS IT THAT,NORTH AND SW DESPITE HATING AND DISPARAGING GEJ,AND BY EXTENSION SS AND SE,HAS NEVER DEEMED IT NECESSARY TO WALK AWAY FROM THIS UNION OF OURS?
If you arent foolish, you would have realised that they are about 14 PDP Governors in the North. So you want the North with their PDP Governors who support jonathan to stay together while southwest states that oppose jonathan like Lagos and Ogun opt out
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
I am a Yoruba and i like threads like this.

I cannot wait to see Nigeria disintergrates. I cannot wait to see all these leeches leave my land

NIGERIA MUST DIVIDE IN JESUS NAME

NIGERIA MUST DIVIDE INSHA ALLAH

6 Likes

Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by shakol91(m): 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
Countries like japan,Israel and so on focused on their human resources, I know with good educational system any region can develop. If a natural disaster like tsunami should happen in the niger-delta area due to mining,the region won't like to face the problem alone because every region enjoyed the proceeds together. Nigeria needs every region to survive
Re: How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
atlwireles:

Quote me when you have 1000 comments and your moniker is 36 months old.
Bastard

i have quoted you again. Taraba and Kebbi state are both PDP states. Go tell your otuekwe fisherman to form a country with them

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Could Tinubu Be Smoking? (photo) / I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows / Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.