Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help (3313 Views)

Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good / . / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by TheMadame(f): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Caveatemptor:
Professionalism is needed on this forum. In all honesty,the moderators are a joke. Pay all the modetrators plus super moderators a fee and see coomplete improvement of the forum.
Get rid of the scammers paradiing the auto and business section by banning them and see renewed belief in your forum. Lots of the adverts are being posted by scammers and a lot of innocent people are falling victim and losing faith. Get rid of the scammers and professionalise moderation and. half the job is done. But then what do I know?

Thank you sir for your truthful insight.
Expect this thread to be locked very soon because ther administrator does not want to hear the truth.
So sad.
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by thankyouJesus(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
Seun:

*cough * https://www.nairaland.com/1972193/paid-super-moderator-updates-front-page * cough *
[b]1. Can I volunteer as a mini-moderator? In a better language, I frequent Nairaland almost everyday for a minimum of 20minutes. I was hoping if I could recommend some topics (trust me, recommended topics thread in sections e.g Education section will take a longer time to sort due to "picking the best"wink to a particular moderator.
2. If you dont want to go with 1, how about you place a recommend link (button e.g the like, mention, quote links e.t.c) at the top/bottom of the original post (only the original poster post). If a post can accumulate a specified number, then it should automatically be recommended (after verification by a moderator) to be on front page.
3. If you can recall this moniker Fayowole1 (The hackers made me loose my password and I don't have access to my yahoomail again, so the creation of new account), I specifically create a thread for "Get together for Nairaland members", I think it is high time you consider it (I don't want to write on the business part of it again e.g advertisement, exhibition, Nairaland coverage event, seminar e.t.c, you can check the thread if it is still available).
Note:
1. If you go with 1, I do make use of a mobile phone to browse (absence of special features). To aid my work, you can create a special feature for my posts or you can ask a moderator to always check my posts, like posts, share posts e.t.c.
2. On the third point, I think you need to go over that thread again with an open mind.

Remark: I am stopping here today because you have never acted on my ideas. Your forum really helped me a lot, this is just a helping hand (so, is it a shake or a spit again?).[/b]
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Mathicks(m): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2014
thankyouJesus:

[b]1. Can I volunteer as a mini-moderator? In a better language, I frequent Nairaland almost everyday for a minimum of 20minutes. I was hoping if I could recommend some topics (trust me, recommended topics thread in sections e.g Education section will take a longer time to sort due to "picking the best"wink to a particular moderator.
2. If you dont want to go with 1, how about you place a recommend link (button e.g the like, mention, quote links e.t.c) at the top/bottom of the original post (only the original poster post). If a post can accumulate a specified number, then it should automatically be recommended (after verification by a moderator) to be on front page.
3. If you can recall this moniker Fayowole1 (The hackers made me loose my password and I don't have access to my yahoomail again, so the creation of new account), I specifically create a thread for "Get together for Nairaland members", I think it is high time you consider it (I don't want to write on the business part of it again e.g advertisement, exhibition, Nairaland coverage event, seminar e.t.c, you can check the thread if it is still available).
Note:
1. If you go with 1, I do make use of a mobile phone to browse (absence of special features). To aid my work, you can create a special feature for my posts or you can ask a moderator to always check my posts, like posts, share posts e.t.c.
2. On the third point, I think you need to go over that thread again with an open mind.

Remark: I am stopping here today because you have never acted on my ideas. Your forum really helped me a lot, this is just a helping hand (so, is it a shake or a spit again?).[/b]

_
I like your 2nd suggestion. I think it is a good idea. @Seun, you should consider that. Errm, Seun, is it possible to automate this proces? What i'm saying is this: if there is a 'recommend post for FP' button on every post (available to everybody), then there is a bench mark (say about 50 recommendations) for FP popularity acceptability (I dont know what that means too, cheesy), is it possible for an automated system to lift any topic with 50 recommendations directly to a FP reservoir, where mods will be able to go through them and check if they're fit for front page?.
_
Note that I didnt say the topics should automatically appear on FP.
I mean the topics should go to a place where only mods will have access to. Then they'll look at the topics and pick which to add to FP. This is minus the ones they'll put on their own, tho.
_
i'm only giving this suggestion cuz Seun has proven to be sociable and ready to listen. Make I no too praise am..
_
Yes, and there are some topics that make FP that shouldn't make FP. It's killing the image of NL. Sometimes , i click on an FP topic, and all i see is abuses in the first 30 comments. For example, someone posts that Ikechukwu is better than messi, and cuz ppl comment alot to insult, yab and abuse the person, it generates so many comments and surprisingly makes FP?
_
thnks.
Ceo, cybarmathicks.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 14, 2014
Mathicks:

_
I like your 2nd suggestion. I think it is a good idea. @Seun, you should consider that. Errm, Seun, is it possible to automate this proces? What i'm saying is this: if there is a 'recommend post for FP' button on every post (available to everybody), then there is a bench mark (say about 50 recommendations) for FP popularity acceptability (I dont know what that means too, cheesy), is it possible for an automated system to lift any topic with 50 recommendations directly to a FP reservoir, where mods will be able to go through them and check if they're fit for front page?.
_
Note that I didnt say the topics should automatically appear on FP.
I mean the topics should go to a place where only mods will have access to. Then they'll look at the topics and pick which to add to FP. This is minus the ones they'll put on their own, tho.
_
i'm only giving this suggestion cuz Seun has proven to be sociable and ready to listen. Make I no too praise am..
_
Yes, and there are some topics that make FP that shouldn't make FP. It's killing the image of NL. Sometimes , i click on an FP topic, and all i see is abuses in the first 30 comments. For example, someone posts that Ikechukwu is better than messi, and cuz ppl comment alot to insult, yab and abuse the person, it generates so many comments and surprisingly makes FP?
_
thnks.
Ceo, cybarmathicks.

You need To Review my Posts to see How I intend to Transform Nairaland The Moment Seun gives me the Opportunity
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by vicadex07(m): 12:36am On Nov 14, 2014
osile2012:
[size=15pt] I guess its because its a political season. People get sentimental, tensed , emotional etc. Everything revolves around APC,PDP etc and its gets real boring. Maybe after 2015 elections it will become interesting again. [/size]

This might just be the case afterall
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 14, 2014
vicadex07:

This might just be the case afterall

It shouldn't necessarily become the case. Check out My Posts on How I intend to Professionally Transform Nairaland the moment Seun Gives me the Permission.
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by tomiobj(m): 4:35am On Nov 14, 2014
TheMadame:

Thank you sir for your truthful insight.
Expect this thread to be locked very soon because ther administrator does not want to hear the truth.
So sad.
. He admitted it. So what else( on the first page)
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by tomiobj(m): 4:43am On Nov 14, 2014
charix:

There's always a reason. Would review some of your old posts to bring them to your attention. Who knows, I might've been the one who reported you grin.

Lol

Mine is a hit and miss situation. I guess they're either lazy or overwhelmed with work. Besides they're unpaid so the job lacks encouragement.

[EDIT]

You're a legit poster. Someone must've beef with you to keep reporting. Seen I've encountered you before and you corrected your post almost immediately. Nairaland needs more like you.

grin cheesy. Like I said be4. The spam bot is after me 4 no reason
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 14, 2014
satley:

It shouldn't necessarily become the case. Check out My Posts on How I intend to Professionally Transform Nairaland the moment Seun Gives me the Permission.

Take it easy bro, you are spamming the forum with your pleas to becoming a super-moderator; and you are sounding desperate too.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Mathicks(m): 7:43am On Nov 14, 2014
satley:

Advice?
You do not need Seun's permission to start work. You could start doing the little you can. Create a thread and name it suggestion thread,...something that would involve potential front page topics or something. U could do some other thing that'll be close to the work of a mod. You dont just have mod veto powers. If Seun sees that u're doing a dedicated job, then he might consider. Telling Seun how you want to transform NL isn't good enough. I can easily come out and tell Nigerians that if I was elected president, I would ensure that water supply and electricity supply were going to be consistent. I could say i'd build 5 bridges in the west, 8 in the east, 2 in the north, 1 in the south. I could say whatever I like...see?
But am I doing anything? No.
Is anybody going to trust in me? No.
Am I going to be elected? No. (thats if i'm not PDP or APC's flag bearer)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Mathicks(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2014
tomiobj:

grin cheesy. Like I said be4. The spam bot is after me 4 no reason
Tomi. There is a reason. I warned you not to go to Liberia!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by thankyouJesus(m): 8:24am On Nov 14, 2014
Mathicks:
Very funny. Here you have it Tomi.
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
Seun:

*cough * https://www.nairaland.com/1972193/paid-super-moderator-updates-front-page * cough *

i want to be a mod . am addicted to internet everyday am with my lapi browsing, i was a mod before so it will be easy and am not asking for payment.
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by tomiobj(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
Mathicks:
. grin grin
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Ishilove: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
satley:

Please Encourage Seun to Use me as His Super-Moderator and you will see the difference on nairaland. View my Posts. Thank you
Nna ehn. grin
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by haconjy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
how i wish am one of your supermod but i guess its being choosing by popularity not by profession. well firstly, change the theme of the site to blue i suggest cause blue colour due attracts eyes.
secondly, there should be a photo album where a face can be seen. and
finally, some thread are not worthy of fp but they are. why?
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by haconjy(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
Add this also, try and add some thread that has to do with money making and trainings also.
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by TheMadame(f): 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
tomiobj:
. He admitted it. So what else( on the first page)

Very funny. You certainly must be new on these boards. You will soon learn.
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by tomiobj(m): 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
TheMadame:

Very funny. You certainly must be new on these boards. You will soon learn.
. Check the second comment
Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
...and a second ban was handed to me by [REDACTED] with posts deleted. Freedom of speech is truly dead on nairaland #Fact. I'm back baby!!! \0/

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Changed And Become Uninteresting-drop your suggestions to help by meobizy(f): 12:46am On Aug 23, 2018
This admin always sees himself as above everyone and is quick to delete posts where his arguments are defeated. Sha, na Naija we dey. Man dey used to am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Made In Nigeria Phones / How Can I Contact The Owner Of Nairaland / [new Record Label]get Signed Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.