Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) (2666 Views)

White Playstation PS4 With Fifa 15 For Sale Or Swap With PS3 / Fifa 15 Pc Lagging Solved / Get Your Psp Problems Solved Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by stinville(m): 7:07am On Nov 13, 2014
So I got this Toshiba 1tb external HDD, downloaded movies and some PS3 games in it. But neither my PS3 nor my DVD will recognize the HDD. I did some research and found out that PS3 nor the DVD will not recognize any HDD with NTSF file system but FAT32 file system. So I had to download an application to format the HDD to FAT32 (since Windows 8 will not allow it). Still my PS3 nor my DVD will not recognize the HDD. so please, gurus out there what else can I do. I have tried partitions but it didn't help either. Any help guys?
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by cao(f): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2014
stinville:
So I got this Toshiba 1tb external HDD, downloaded movies and some PS3 games in it. But neither my PS3 nor my DVD will recognize the HDD. I did some research and found out that PS3 nor the DVD will not recognize any HDD with NTSF file system but FAT32 file system. So I had to download an application to format the HDD to FAT32 (since Windows 8 will not allow it). Still my PS3 nor my DVD will not recognize the HDD. so please, gurus out there what else can I do. I have tried partitions but it didn't help either. Any help guys?

That's odd, you should be able to format your external HDD on Windows 8, using Disk Management. http://www.pcworld.com/article/248980/how-to-partition-and-format-your-hard-drive-in-windows.html
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by bigiyaro(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2014
Is ur console jailbroken?
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2014
You should get an external hdd encasement that has it's own power supply and doesn't depend on the power supply from your dvd or ps3.Most external hdds don't work on such gadgets because of inadequate power supply.
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by stinville(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2014
bigiyaro:
Is ur console jailbroken?
Yes it is.
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by stinville(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2014
cao:

That's odd, you should be able to format your external HDD on Windows 8, using Disk Management. http://www.pcworld.com/article/248980/how-to-partition-and-format-your-hard-drive-in-windows.html
Windows 8 only gave me the exFAT option. I read it's also not compatible with PS3
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by cao(f): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2014
stinville:

Windows 8 only gave me the exFAT option. I read it's also not compatible with PS3

You learn something new everyday. Do you know if Toshiba have their own formatting software?
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by stinville(m): 11:45am On Nov 13, 2014
cao:

You learn something new everyday. Do you know if Toshiba have their own formatting software?
I have no idea.
I downloaded a software, Macrorit disk partition experience. With that u can format to FAT32 and FAT16 file system. You can also partition and merge at will. It's quite flexible to use. I have tried all I could but the HDD won't just work. Frustrating
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by cao(f): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2014
Don't know if this might help. The guy had the same problem, but with a different brand (Seagate).
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f118/using-exfat-external-hdd-117160/

1 Like

Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by bigiyaro(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
stinville:

Yes it is.
try and install the latest version of multiman, also format ur hhd with another system.

1 Like

Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by gambus007(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
download guiformat software will format ur hdd to fat32.
Re: How To Get His External Toshiba 1tb Hdd To Be Compatible With Ps3 (Solved) by stinville(m): 11:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
Yessss. Finally, success. It now works. I think the problem was Windows 8. Cos I used Easeus on Vista, it now works like a charm. Thanks a lot for your input guys. grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Playing Games With Usb Playstation Controller On Pc. / Best Websites To Download Ps2 Iso Games From Updated / Game Archives: My Top 10 8bit Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.