Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist (2716 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
crackhaus:
Feminists don't hate men, they only hate patriarchy...

Good gracious, I feel better - hating patriarchy is 100times better than hating men.

And your point is?
Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nonso23:

FCKH8 Campaign, Hollaback!, #YesAllWomen, #FreeTheNipples, TakePart.com

Explain how ALL these campaigns prove that feminists hate men? I am waiting.
Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nonso23:

Very simple they preach anti-men ideologies coated with vemom.
They hate men.
They are feminists too.

Give me specific examples of anti-men ideologies in these campaigns. I am waiting.
Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by crackhaus: 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
Talon05:

Brotha, all feminists are dumbf*cks, not just beyansi
Lol...I'm still in the process of forming an opinion on this point.
Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nonso23:

Are you planning to represent a whole movement by a few instances i considered very handy?
Go to the other thread and read it up.

You don't make sense.

Show me the anti-men ideologies in these campaigns / movements.
Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by BABE3: 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You don't need to be a feminist to be what or who you want to be but you are aware of the fact that you can be who or what you want to be because of feminism, aren't you?

Do you think men and women should have the same rights?
Do you think that men are not better than women and vice versa?
Do you think that females should have access to education?
Do you think that the female child should NOT be excluded from their parents' inheritance?
Do you think that you should have the right to decide for yourself?
Do you think that you should be allowed to work without asking your husband's permission?
Do you think that you should be allowed to own properties?
Do you think that you should be allowed to drive a car even when you are female?

It means that you are convinced that women should have equal political, economic and social rights; whether you actively work towards it is secondary.

If I was born during the time when feminism first started. I would have been a feminist then: 100%.

I'm aware I have the same basic rights as men because of the movement. Yes. But, I don't need more than I already have.

Because MLK fought for black people and I'm black doesn't mean I have to be a freedom fighter.

because thomas Edison invented electric light bulb and I use electricity doesn't mean I have to be an electrician or an engineer.

Same analogy for feminism; I appreciate what they've done; the basics; now, let's keep it moving. E don do. What we have now is "aseju". grin Most of you can't even handle what true feminism entails; ask Beyoncé.

I still want men to open the doors for me; I still want me a rich husband cheesy ; and I don't want to change tires, my nails are too pretty for that.

Now, the last part of your post, a true feminist actively practice gender equality in every way. No ifs or buts. It's like a Christian saying he believes in Jesus, but he doesn't practice Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
BABE3:

If I was born during the time when feminism first started. I would have been a feminist then: 100%.

I'm aware I have the same basic rights as men because of the movement. Yes. But, I don't need more than I already have.

You don't live in Nigeria, do you?

Because MLK fought for black people and I'm black doesn't mean I have to be a freedom fighter.

Yet you would say that you are anti-racism, wouldn't you?
So why will you not say that you are against discrimination based on gender, which is what feminism is about?

because thomas Edison invented electric light bulb and I use electricity doesn't mean I have to be electrician or an engineer.

This example does not fit into this context.

Same analogy for feminism; I appreciate what they've done; the basics; now, let's keep it moving. E don do. What we have now is "aseju". grin Most of you can't even handle what true feminism entails; ask Beyoncé.

What does true feminism entail?

I still want men to open the doors for me; I still want me a rich husband cheesy ; and I don't want to change tires, my nails are too pretty for that.

Is feminism against you making your own choices? undecided

Now, the last part of your post, a true feminist actively practice gender equality in every way. No ifs or buts. It's like a Christian saying he believe in Jesus, but he doesn't practice Christianity.

AGAIN, what is a true feminist?

1 Like

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Talon05: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
BABE3:

because thomas Edison invented electric light bulb and I use electricity doesn't mean I have to be an electrician or an engineer.

Now, the last part of your post, a true feminist actively practice gender equality in every way. No ifs or buts. It's like a Christian saying he believes in Jesus, but he doesn't practice Christianity.
Dont bother arguing with carefree, she will take you round and round and round and when you refuse to agree with her, you gonna bring out the devil inside her so for the sake of your sanity, let her be.

8 Likes

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So why will you not say that you are against discrimination based on gender, which is what feminism is about?
What does [b]true feminism entail? Is feminism against you making your own choices? [/b] undecided AGAIN, what is a true feminist?

Bwahahahaha, trying to deny babe3 her one like? grin grin The girl's arguments against feminism are always so stup1d, I just laugh and waka pass.

1 Like

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by BABE3: 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What does true feminism entail?

Is feminism against you making your own choices? undecided

AGAIN, what is a true feminist?

true feminist? Believing and actively "practicing" gender equality. It's not all about believing and shouting up and down.

You talk the talk; can you walk the walk? Do you walk the walk? Won't most of you laugh at the guy that insist on splitting the bills on a date with your girlfriends?

All feminists on here took their husbands last name. Because?? cheesy

Again, ask Beyoncé. grin

I'm done btw.

4 Likes

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
BABE3:

true feminist? Believing and actively "practicing" gender equality. It's not all about believing and shouting up and down.

You talk the talk; can you walk the walk? Do you walk the walk? Won't most of you laugh at the guy that insist on splitting the bills on a date with your girlfriends?

What is so special about splitting bills?
I work, I earn, I share the bills. Nothing special about it.
This week I do the shopping, next week he does. Very simple.
We are very pragmatic people, it works perfectly well.

All feminists on here took their husbands last name. Because?? cheesy

ALL? You know them all? Anyway! Even if ALL of them did, they did so because they wanted. This is what feminism is about. FREE CHOICE.
Is it not something you enjoy but wouldn't have without feminism? And yet you come here screaming how it is useless?

Isn't it easy to be saying on NL, a Nigerian forum, that it is not needed when one lives in the West Babe3?

Again, ask Beyoncé. grin

Oh well, I think you know her MUCH better judging from what you have said about her, so why don't you just ask her?

I'm done btw.

Done with what?

I still don't know what "true feminism" is?

PLEASE EXPLAIN.

And PLEASE answer my questions in the previous post.

1 Like

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nonso23:

Whether or not I made sense I have pointed you to the other thread my source.

BTW, if you do not consider the fact that the tagging of men rapist or pervert for staring at glaringly naked women an anti-men ideology then good for you.
The rest are all in that post.

I don't want another thread, I want you to explain and back up YOUR statements. Is it so difficult?

@bold
Who did so?
Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 14, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Time Magazine Bans The Use Of The Word Feminist by shizzleStar: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
BABE3:
It's not even about the word movement itself. But like everything else (what "we" keep saying), the word has been bastardized. People now use it to sound cool and for their own selfish reasons. A man refuses to open the door to a restaurant on a date, a modern day feminist will scream murder. When a man wants to split the bill on a date, you hear them say "that nigga ain't 'bout that life". grin

It's now a word that men-hating women use to back up their hate.

You see a typical NIgerian wife on here; the type that crawl on her knees to satisfy her husband claiming feminist, just to feel among.

Its almost just an empty word nowadays, like the other words on that list "basic" "bae" "literally"; words you say without even thinking. Afterall, that's what's "raining". cheesy

Side note; Beyoncé too is claiming feminist? cheesy grin anything to sell albums and tours I guess.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Sex Is Hotter / What If Your Family's Photo Looked Like This? / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.