Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked (51803 Views)

Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Joagbaje This Will Shock You , A Very Short Message By Zac Pooen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by SirJohn(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
I know that some of you reading this right now know the genesis of what is about to follow. For others, you may need a little trip down memory lane so that the motive behind this thread will be clearly understood.

I want to state that my main purpose of publishing the result of this investigation is solely borne out of the deep sense of responsibility that I owe posterity. I do not believe in pulling down another man just for the sake of winning an argument so I have spoken with Joagbaje to tow the path of honour and apologize for publishing a false testimony and explain his role in the whole mess.
I believe he has already retraced his steps as he has already removed the link to the video previously attached to his signature in his NL profile.

Now to the main story;

It all started from this thread www.nairaland.com/193649/truth-christ-embassy-healing-school on Christ Embassy Healing School thread that I opened 6 years ago in November 2008, Joagbaje who I later knew to be a pastor in Christ Embassy church was a regular visitor on that thread and was constantly in defense of Pastor Chris and the Christ Embassy Church.
In April 2010, a young lady from Kenya (@kenyan28) also a nairalander came on that thread and claimed she was healed of HIV at the Christ embassy healing school in Randburg South Africa. Many of us warned her to be careful and make sure she does a follow up test to really confirm that she was free of the HIV virus. These warnings fell on deaf ears but rather what we got back were insults from her and her Christ embassy supporters.

In 2012, the same lady came back on the same thread to say that her new born baby has tested HIV positive and that she also tested positive herself confirming our initial fears. She would later go on to reveal some other facts that confirmed that she was never healed at the healing school in the first place. She has since moved on and is living a healthy and happy life with her family after she later explored various medical and herbal treatments for herself and her daughter.

In September this year, the healing school thread came on the front page of Nairaland again after some years of calmness. The Kenyan 28 issue was again hotly debated, words were again exchanged, claims and counter claims again erupted. Around this time, Joagbaje had been making claims of traveling to Tanzania to heal a man who had the Ebola disease, he also claimed he healed a man of HIV in one of his meetings; he posted a link to the video and gave the man’s name and cell phone number and dared anyone to prove that the healing was ‘fake’.

In several of his posts, Joagbaje goaded, taunted and challenged me to investigate and prove his story was a lie, he called it an ‘open challenge’ and even said he would give me half a million Naira if I was able to do it.

Here are some of his posts:

Joagbaje 4:46am On Oct 05:

Don't just sit on your computer typing rubish john .i sense you're afraid .You know this testimony will rubish all the nonsense you've been publishing . I posted the guys number . Why not find out . Why haven't you made an attempt . It's not my duty to run errand for you . If I post medical record here you will call say I forged it so john I challenge you in the name of Jesus whom you're denying . Use your half a million naira to prove me wrong.
Secondly if you a able to prove that this guy wasn't healed of HIV . I will give you half a million. .
This is an open challenge john.

Joagbaje 10:26pm On Sep 21:

... you said if I can produce any case of a sick person ,you will investigate etc etc. now I'm giving you a challenge john. I prayed for a guy who was healed of HIV . Kindly investigate this lie of mine. The video shows how sickly he was and The record must be in the hospital Before and after. For once john . Follow my challenge through and disgrace me.

Joagbaje 7:04pm On Sep 11:

I prayed for a man with ebbola in Arusha Tanzania , he got healed since August 4th , he is still healed. Every symptom stopped.
I prayed for a young man with HIV over a year ago he got healed. He went for test in 3 hospitals , his status changed to negative. He has added weight . He is still healed . Watch the video here
HIV HEALED. https://www.dropbox.com/l/zm7qzQm89ZWxuyrDrva8kp

Joagbaje 8:07pm On Sep 19:

I'm amazed at you. So what made him look sickly . Will 4 medical report lie? Your mind is already closed to truth . I'm not trying to convince you. The man who got healed of ebola only watched my crusade and believed . It saved his life.
Ive been waiting for someone who will do that. So I would have really loved you to put him on your so called hot seat. I bet you,the seat will not be hot at all . My only concern is your sincerity . We've been here before . I gave you a contact of a lady who got healed of blindness. And you said she wasn't blind just because hospital didn't give her diagnosis.
Well if you're really interested and sincere His is JEFF Niboro by name is he works at the international airport in ph.

Joagbaje 7:22am On Sep 13:

I can understand why Jesus marveled at unbelief ! This video has brought healing to many . If you can't believe this how can you believe I healed ebola ?
Look at the video again to the end and see the how sickly and skinny the guy look before prayer and see how robust he looked after prayer. He is not fictitious you can check him out on Facebook and interview him . He's a staff at the airport .
I have many documented testimonies with medical proof . It will be sinful to lie in the name of Jesus . Why don't you check it out . At least supposing you're wrong at least

In late September 2014, I decided to go all in and investigate the healing claim published by Joagabje in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b01qsooOYs

Please stay tuned for more shocking details from the investigation

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by SirJohn(m): 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
I started this investigation sometime in September after Joagbaje published the phone number of Jeff Niboro the man he claimed was healed of HIV. All phone conversations with Jeff were recorded as evidence and control and I sent some to Joagbaje for record purposes. I have also archived all communications with Joagbaje during the course of this investigation for reference and control.

I called Jeff and started asking him certain questions, I asked if he had the medical reports to back his claim and he answered to the affirmative.
I also asked him if the Church saw his medical reports before publishing his testimony, he initially said yes then no then later changed his story to say that he only came with the result that confirmed him negative. He claimed Joagbaje requested for the reports initially when he didn’t have it but later brought them to him. This claim was however dismissed by Joagbaje who later honestly opened up to me that he did not see any of Jeffs medical report before publishing his testimony but had asked him to get it. Unfortunately, Joagbaje never followed up to see the medical evidence of Jeffs claim.

I then requested that Jeff make the reports available to me which he agreed and even requested for my email so he can scan copies of it and send to me. He said he could get the reports but that he had misplaced all the original reports and would need to go to the hospitals and request for them to extract the results from his file. This was in September

My worry however started when Jeff couldn’t provide a single report even after one month; he kept making very flimsy excuses and sometimes would not even pick my calls. When I noticed the reports were not forthcoming, I had to contact Joagbaje and in all fairness to Jo, he decided to assist. However, Joagbaje ran into the same brickwall of excuses and lies from Jeff; it was at this point I started becoming suspicious of Jeff.

While all these were going on, I kept analyzing the video and doing independent surveys. It didn’t take long before I spotted the first loophole in the video. The video began with a young man who introduced himself as Niboro Jeff he is seen standing in front of a church congregation (Christ embassy Bayelsa) to deliver his testimony. Standing behind him at the back of a pulpit was pastor Joagbaje himself. He started his testimony by affirming that he was confirmed HIV positive during a medical test conducted on him at a PH hospital and also at Glory Land hospital in Bayelsa. He also claimed that after Joagbajes ministration in one of the churchs program, he was miraculously cured of HIV and was later confirmed to be HIV negative in three hospitals including Glory Land Inri Medical Medical Centre Yenogoa and Federal medical Centre Bayelsa.

From exactly 3:00 mins into the video, there was an insert of what was supposed to be a flashback of the actual ministration by Joagbaje that resulted in the miraculous healing of Jeff.

At this moment, please pause and watch the video again

You’d notice that the man in the insert is not Jeff Niboro; this was Joagbajes first flop. I immediately downloaded the video and uploaded it on youtube to save it as evidence just in case he decides to take the link off NL. I then contacted Joagbaje personally through whatsapp chat and quizzed him about the video. Initially, Joagbaje tried to argue that he was sure Jeff was the same person in the insert he even sent me a screenshot of his chat with Jeff to prove that Jeff had confirmed to him that he had seen the video and that he was the one in the insert. The screenshot however exposed the fact that as at September 21st, Joagbaje was not sure himself if Jeff was the same guy in the insert as he had been posting the video on NL since August 2014

After series of questioning and pressure, on the 9th of this month, Joagbaje himself admitted in a chat that he has confirmed that the guy in the insert was not Jeff. The next day I got a call from Jeff also confessing that he was not the one in the flashback insert. Yet he had told me in a telephone conversation that he was the one and that he would send me a picture of him wearing the same clothes. The recorded conversation was sent to Joagbaje.

Stay tuned for more

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by SirJohn(m): 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
Space booked
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by EngelNyanibo: 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
HMMMMMMM. BOOOOKEEEEED BOOKED

WAITING
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by trustman: 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
This should be an interesting one.
I'm looking forward to it.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by clara472: 12:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
EngelNyanibo:
HMMMMMMM. BOOOOKEEEEED BOOKED
WAITING
SirJohn:
Space booked

What they said
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
I would suggest you download the clip and re-upload it for evidence' sake.

I thought trustman and SirJohn are one person. No idea why but their writing styles are very distinctly similar
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by PastorKun(m): 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
Space booked, dancing Azonto cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
PastorKun:
Space booked, dancing Azonto cheesy grin

^^^^ very funny Pastorkun. I have been waiting for the thread. In short, I can close for today and go home just to concentrate better. SirJohn please don't wet our appetite and keep us dry. Fire us this delicious news. I know the outcome already but I want to know the procedures in revealing the outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by WinsomeX: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Following...

My submission on Page 10 on this thread.

A lot of lessons can be garnered from this rather unfortunate incidence that has caused Jogbaje, Christ Embassy and the whole Word of Faith movement great embarrassment. But before we look at these closely, I want to ask Joagbaje to do the honorable thing: to pay SirJohn the half a million naira he promised to give anyone who could prove that "miracle" false. SirJohn has done this and he deserves his money. I will make the second conclusion after my submission below.

The discussions among Christians on nl has swayed essentially BTW to opinions: one of them is btw the Word of Faith, WoF, enthusiasts and those who advocate a relatively orthodox sort of Christian faith. The WoF crew advocate a lot of outlandish extra biblical positions, one of them being that Christians can performs signs and wonders in the same manner and frequency as the first century apostles. We on the hand do not believe this. We think that God can carry out miracles when it pleases him under his sovereign grace but our responsibility today is not pursuing miracles but preaching gospel truth, encouraging holy living among Christians and living in a responsible way as a Christians that will include working hard to make your money, taking responsible steps to safe guard our health and where that fails, we take advantage of modern medicine - a blessing from God anyway. We also insist that the WOF crew are mostly charlatans taking advantage of poor, ignorant and weak people. We think this is extremely deceitful and will earn God's wrath someday.

The debate BTW these two camps has always raged on nl but it took a new turn with the making of the Word of Faith thread by trustman, DrummaBoy and BabaGnoni. At about that time I also restored the SirJohn 2008 thread on the Christ Embassy fake healing school. That thread is what has led to Joagbaje's ill fated challenge.

As Jo' considers paying up, it is time for leading WoF people to consider their beliefs and determine if indeed they are in the Lord. It's not a matter of fake miracles anymore, it's a matter of whether these people are truly Christians. There is no need coming here to debate this, just there in the corner of your heart, check and see if you are truly a Christian or you are headed to a Christless grave.

This challenge is to others too: atheists, agnostics, satanists, doubters, etc - many gloating of Jo' here: has your belief been based on flimsy physical things that can be seen or on a sound living faith in Christ? This alone can guarantee a safe eternal destiny.

I commend SirJohn for a job well done and I plead with all genuine Christians not to rub this issue on Jo and others but to again point them away from a faith that cannot save to the Living faith Christ in Jesus. A gospel of health, wealth, and miracles is not the gospel of Jesus and cannot produce genuine Christians.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
WinsomeX:
Following...

I can see that the gang are entering the meeting room. E go bad for fake pastor Joagbaje oh. Front page things.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Fourcade(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
I book this space for you too SirJohn grin

Pastor dey give person half a million Naira to disprove his 'healing' . .tell me something shocked

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by vooks: 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
I would read this thread before attending this conference

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by SalC: 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Can't help it, I have to book this space

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
@SirJohn.. I humbly donate N10,000 to this investigation.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by honeychild(f): 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sir John quick o.....we have been waiting for this story cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
vooks:
I would read this thread before attending this conference

I will love to attend, the address does not seem straight-forward like Joagbaje. Anyone who knows there should let me know. I shall visit the church to give testimony on how fake and deceitful Joagbaje is and I will be coming with doctors from yaba left to examine Joagbaje.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
SirJohn, we can see you viewing the page. Where is our tantalizing news and why are you treating us so unfair? Not good at all embarassed cry
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Topgainer: 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Waiting to address the fanatics who will come to the defense of schemers with phrases like
1. How dare you write against God's anointed
2. Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm
3. The Church is matching on, our cell units recorded new members
4. He was healed, the disease came back because he had no faith to maintain it.
5. Everything our Pastor-President says is law whether it has scriptural backing or not because he is a miracle superstar
And to all Con men who have continued to complement where God decided to stop with various healing tricks harnessed through video editing technologies, REPENT and HUMBLY admit your limitations as a man, HELP foot the hospital bills as compensation to those whose conditions became worse soon after the faked healing

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by kevoh(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
And hopefully it makes frontpage, let the world know Joagbaje for the fraud he is. tongue
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
I am beginning to have this feeling that SirJohn does not want to disclose his findings. Maybe Joagbaje is trying to sort out a deal. The wait is too long.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Your accusations need water tight evidence guy. You don't drag someone's name in the mud if all you have is 'their words against his'. Will surely be here to review whatever evidence you may have to show.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by honourhim: 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
We are not suprised when we see pastors declaring fake miracle as real. Most of them entered ministry work because of money and for them to make the money they must do their exploit in the area of miracle. Jesus warned us about these wolves in sheep therefore we should be careful.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by honourhim: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
I still dey come. Make una no close meeting yet.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
cheesy cheesy patiently waiting
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by flourishG(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
shocked shocked shocked not everyone in christianity has lost their mind and brain

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Sjones: 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
I can see lots of excitement as d "notorious gang" rejoice ova their much anticipatd fall of their Nightmare pst Joeagbaje.Som hav already calld him fake pastor.I want to suggest dat any findins abt him shld b postd here and d reading public b alowd to judge him.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Fourcade(m): 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
Interesting!

'I WASNT HEALED'

- Done with Episode 1

Hope Episode 2 and maybe 3 airs today.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by PastorKun(m): 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sjones:
I can see lots of excitement as d "notorious gang" rejoice ova their much anticipatd fall of their Nightmare pst Joeagbaje.Som hav already calld him fake pastor.I want to suggest dat any findins abt him shld b postd here and d reading public b alowd to judge him.

Joagbaje is not anybody's nightmare, at best he can be described as an annoying irritant that specialises in merchandising the gospel.

3 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Fourcade(m): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
@SirJohn

Is the victim cool with his Name and Place of work published here?
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
Read the second post and am yet to see how one can honestly indict Pastor Jo Agbaje of any 'wrong-doing'. Waiting for the next post.

1 Like

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by SalC: 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
FROM THE CHAT

Pastor

Did you watch it to the end?

Jeff
Yes pastor

Pastor
Were you the one in the flashback video also, when I was praying?

Jeff
Pastor the network is bad here.

EPIC!!! smiley

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Fire Outbreaks: 'God Said We Haven’t Seen Anything Yet' / Pictures From Bishop Oyedepo's Daughter's Wedding / 7 Year Old Girl Brings Warnings From Jesus To Top Nigeria Pastors & Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.