Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? (21541 Views)

Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! / Nigerian Tailors And Their Wahala! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by caxim04(m): 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
Not all tailor can disappoint. My father is one and he never disappointed any one till he retired. The only close call to disappointment goes thus; a long time customer gave us one Aso Oke for his mother's burial. My dad told him in clear terms that he doesnt have money to execute the task that he should pay advance. Well the man thought my dad was joking and promised to come back next day. Well he never came back until when he was on his way to Ijebu for the burial. He branch at the shop, met my dads apprentice ,collected the cloth without checking and paid as usual. When my dad came from jummat, he was really furious and was shaking. That was 1992 no means of communication.

On the day, our customer opened the cloth only to realise it was all in pieces. Chai he shouted and pple gathered to feed their eyes and ears. He couldnt hold my dad because he already told him he had no money to execute it, but he thought it was a joke.
silvoice:
Nigerian Tailors & Disappointment: Work Hazard Or Laziness?

Since I was born, now I'm getting old, I've never given a local fashion designer (tailor) a material and had the clothing delivered on time without one or two stories. What's your experience with them? Is it the nature of the work or are most of them lazy?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
priscaoge:
Tell them to do A and they will give you B undecided undecided

hahahaha...ddead!
The first tailor I patronise for Aba dey do that rubbish...
I tell am, sew V-neck...she go sew 1 useless V-neck that won't show anything! cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by komek(m): 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hariyorh:

You can't just draw your conclusion

That's my conclusion and it is very valid. Cos so many factors make them unreliable. I just gave u 2
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Youngzedd(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
sexylogan:

They are lazy.
And Nigerians are used to their excuses.
I've heard of one or two tailors who got severely beaten when they messed up some army officers wives materials sha...

That one na die.
I can drive normally have accident.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Karleb(m): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
Talkcentral:
umm...boko haram sha

Why Is Boko Haram Defeating Our Soldiers So Cheaply?admin 3 hours ago Politics

>>>http://www..com.ng/why-is-boko-haram-defeating-our-soldiers/

sorry but your website link has been banned on Nairaland.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Karleb(m): 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hahahaha...ddead!
I tell am, sew V-neck...she go sew 1 useless V-neck that won't show anything! cry

...and what do you mean by "show anything"? undecided

Or is it what I'm thinking? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hahahaha...ddead!
At least it was a useless V-neck, you need to see mine nne....I was so angry that I left the clothes there for her.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
Karleb:

...and what do you mean by "show anything"? undecided

Or is it what I'm thinking? shocked shocked shocked
It might not be what you are thinking ooo. We choose the styles for reasons best known to us.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by cbrass(m): 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Christianos:
My tailor just disappointed me today!

@OP: Flesh and blood has not revealed this topic to you...

Ahahaahahahahhahahah gringrin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by StealthyMe(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
LadyCaty:

Exactly..and also u tel dem u usin it 4 an occassion lyk wedding nd so on..dey kn be vewi annoyin sha..na onli God go help us 4 whr dem dey..

A big amen cheesy

They dnt even suprise me anymore...its more or less their nature undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by priscaoge(f): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hahahaha...ddead!

Lwkmd cheesy cheesy cheesy Bia Kachi wetin u wan show? cheesy cheesy that Tailor must be a born twice grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by priscaoge(f): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
rman:

The pic cracked me up men![b][/b] cheesy cheesy cheesy

U can imagine the weight of the evil spirit grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by tranxo(m): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hahahaha...ddead!
.....and what exactly was it supposed to have shown?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by kukute: 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
A typical Nigerian Tailor takes on additional customers jobs even though he knows is capacity is maxed out, all because he needs the money and doesn't want to lose the customer. One of the solutions is for you to learn the skills yourself or send your wife or somebody else in your family to learn tailoring skills. If for instance, your wife know how to sew, and has a sewing machine at home, she can help with occasional needs to amend your children's clothes or make new ones for them. This should be food for thought for all husbands. Consider sending your wife to Fashion and Art Academy (www.fashionandartacademy.com) to learn fashion design skills. When you have an in house "tailor", the disappointments of your typical tailor will not be as heart-breaking
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Godmother(f): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
cbrass:
Godmother were are you grin

Lol, dnt mind them jare. They don't know how tasking sewing can be
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
tranxo:

Something undecided
You have a problem with it?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by tranxo(m): 10:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Something undecided
You have a problem with it?
.....with what?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by felipemadero(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hariyorh:

Yea, some not all 'cause I donot disappoint my clients...
the fashion designer grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
felipemadero:
the fashion designer grin
You mean?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by ayobase(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2014

Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Genea(f): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
Me dat gave one tailor clothe last five yrs only 4 him 2 bring it during march,d cloth i yaf outgrown it,d tailor i no gv cloth again
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Pamcrest(f): 11:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
After several disappointments from tailors (including so called fashion designers) every Aso ebi I get now I make iro n buba...I just give one obioma tailor around me in d morning, by evening it's ready to wear! grin
No more fanciful designs with Aso ebi abeg....my last attempt nearly turned me to a criminal........d tailor's bold faced lies made me feel like putting my hands on his neck n squeezing life out of him. I ended up wearing another dress for d event. Till today, I haven't seen my fabric I gave him to sew! Tailors tell lies more than politicians....in fact, both of them are competing for d hottest part of hell.
My humble submission
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by cbrass(m): 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
Godmother:

Lol, dnt mind them jare. They don't know how tasking sewing can be

So if I give you cloth nw, which year should I be expecting it ocheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by cbrass(m): 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
Pamcrest:
After several disappointments from tailors (including so called fashion designers) every Aso ebi I get now I make iro n buba...I just give one obioma tailor around me in d morning, by evening it's ready to wear! grin
No more fanciful designs with Aso ebi abeg....my last attempt nearly turned me to a criminal........d tailor's bold faced lies made me feel like putting my hands on his neck n squeezing life out of him. I ended up wearing another dress for d event. Till today, I haven't seen my fabric I gave him to sew! Tailors tell lies more than politicians....in fact, both of them are competing for d hottest part of hell.
My humble submission

Chaii!! Godmother you need to read this o grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by cbrass(m): 11:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
tranxo:

Cleavage of course grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by cbrass(m): 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
kirikiristars:

It might not be what you are thinking ooo. We choose the styles for reasons best known to us.

Tell that to the birds....we all know what it is,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by tranxo(m): 12:02am On Nov 15, 2014
cbrass:

Cleavage of course grin
smh
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Diijah: 1:22am On Nov 15, 2014
silvoice:

Since I was born, now I'm getting old, I've never given a local fashion designer (tailor) a material and had the clothing delivered on time without one or two stories. What's your experience with them? Is it the nature of the work or are most of them lazy?
I'm still asking myself the same question
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by ChurchillStorm: 1:41am On Nov 15, 2014
Hariyorh:

Must you quote me?...i see you're up for something i will NEVER do *Diss*... just so you know I owe you no explanation for whatever I put up there, nevrtheless, I will be humble to learn from you.
WHAT SHOULD I HAVE SAID/WRITTEN?

I replied almost 12hrs later which means, I'm a busy human. Ain't got time for ya likes. Already said my piece with the 1st comment... And must you quote me? o.O)
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by Godmother(f): 3:15am On Nov 15, 2014
cbrass:

So if I give you cloth nw, which year should I be expecting it ocheesy

In 3 days max, all things being equal cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? by EBUBS(m): 4:05am On Nov 15, 2014
silvoice:

hmm, somtyms our costumers too don't deliver. Iam a tailor and I've made clothes that people don't wanna pay and collect, if you really want your cloths made pay up a tailor and see what happens. Most of of them are always scared same thing iam going through now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ugochi Ihezue Wins Miss Universe Nigeria 2023 / What Color Are Yur Nails? / Style File: Karisma Kapoor (class + Style)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.