Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,567 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40373 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Jarchi(m): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
No choice, adapt or change his church
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by kendrick93(m): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

of course d wife shld follow d guy to his church.. any other tin is an emberassment

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by idongesit88: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
for where?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by awoononi(m): 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
My church is the family church. grin

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by hardbody: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

And?? Who said he isn't?

Woman, did they not teach you or did you not read it in the holy book that women must learn in silence? A woman has got to submit to her husband and why would you want to have a divided household on religious matters. The two must become one. Enuf said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
I will be amazed if the couples did not discuss and get it out of the way before they became serious. Why start what you cannot finish?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
In as much as church is good, these day, emphasis is place too much on church and not on salvation of the soul, hence challenges people are faced with today are numerous.

Back to the topic, I believe the issue of Church doctrine that is welcome in a new home should be discussed by both party before they become husband and Wife.

Lastly, no doctrine can save except the doctrine that Jesus is the Son of God and That He died to save our souls from eternal damnation and without Him there is no salvation.

4 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by sexymoma(f): 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
pls o nor be same God we dey serve

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by festwiz(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
lipsrsealed shocked grin kiss shocked grin cheesy smiley cheesy angry sad[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] lipsrsealed kiss angry cheesy
tongue kiss lipsrsealed

Read This Amazing Story

https://www.nairaland.com/1953786/5man-crew

... #Nairaland
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Eyop: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
sexymoma:
pls o nor be same God we dey serve

So you can join your to be husband to Olumba Olumba Obu(O.O.O)

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by eleko1: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Smartsyn(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Achimpus:
you just book space when dey dey discuss beta here... Na ur type dey pursue babe enter church
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
How can u love a man and not be okay with his denomination? Then ur love must be incomplete cos i believe if u've truly taken ur tym to study d kind of person u claim to be in love wit, u'l hv to love evrything about him both d ones u can change and d ones u cant...

U cannot force a man to change his church just to be loved by you. U either change ur church, adapt or not agree to d marriage if u believe his denomination is that important to u. Its as simple as that gurl. But i believe as a wife, u must attend ur husband's church and at times attend urs as well. Abi d man no kon wed for ur church even when e knw say e no gbadun d church?

5 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by iamord(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....
I thought its all about one body in christ.. So if she is attending a bible believing church and the doctrines won't disturb the family .why don't you let her be. Your bossy attitude will end up worsening things.

4 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
see thread.
smh
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Seun(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
hazyfm:
I had similar issue with my wife, but with prayers, patience, love and understanding, I won
Congrats! High five! You defeated your beloved wife! tongue

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by seangy4konji: 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
Only if you go club on Friday and meet d husband and you marry am on Saturday na when u na no discuss this before marriage.

You have to know and be ok to go to your mans church before marriage na.

Abi which kain end time question b this?

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by xtervaganza(m): 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....
so your wife is your slave abi?

We Africans sef

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by STENON(f): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
A lady does not have a permanent church until marriage.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by BreezyRita(f): 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Phema:

Then don't marry him. Especially if the man has indicated that his wife must join him to his church. Donot ever think he will "come around" and let you attend your church or join you there. Make sure this is sorted before you sign the dotted lines.

You're right. The thing is, my cousin has been going steady with this guy for almost 3 years now..... Not so long ago, he got converted to a new church (don't wanna name it). Ever since then, he's changed.
They were supposed to get married next year. This babe is a banker.. .......
The guy is so anti- everything. Anti-dresses, anti-hair attachments, even anti-relaxer!
That's not all. The doctrines? Outrageous! She feels she won't be able to cope and I dunno what to tell her.
Maybe she'll get help here.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by ogawisdom(m): 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Shld dt matter onces u r of d same faith ie both christian or muslim undecided
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by xtervaganza(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
Religion sha.......

Atheists would be having a laugh
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by IYANGBALI: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
Op I hope you have not ended up marrying a member of olumba olumba church?

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Dosoq(f): 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hmmm,I'm yet 2 see a more convincing response or comment 2 dis topic.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by IYANGBALI: 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
STENON:

A lady does not have a permanent church until marriage.
gbam,pls told dem

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by joshrare(m): 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Phema:

Then don't marry him. Especially if the man has indicated that his wife must join him to his church. Donot ever think he will "come around" and let you attend your church or join you there. Make sure this is sorted before you sign the dotted lines.

Ladies and this their church syndrome
I ask a girl I love out,I love her and wish to settle down with her, the 1st thing she said was that I should start attending her church.
Me I can't oooo, even if love is blind am not stupid
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by yertyr(m): 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
See how divided we've become... 'Christianity and going to varying church' to serve the same God is now a blockade for marriage...

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by IYANGBALI: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dosoq:
Hmmm,I'm yet 2 see a more convincing response or comment 2 dis topic.
look below grin
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by ketekete: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

And?? Who said he isn't?

I wonder oo.. That's why this country is still in the same state. Imagine the way some people think.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by FRCS(m): 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
Y must U not lyk his church?
U mean U didn't see/know of d church b4 marring him?

Na 4 better 4 worse oh ... ! U must like his church & u must go/worship there. Period.

(Except if he permits u 2 do other wise)[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Please Save A Sister's Life.... Story Verified / Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.